Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,112 members, 7,849,471 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:10 PM

Insecurity Won’t Consume Nigeria, Obasanjo Assures - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insecurity Won’t Consume Nigeria, Obasanjo Assures (451 Views)

The Oppressive Monopoly That May Soon Consume Nigeria - Reno Omokri / 2023: Wrong Choice Will Consume Nigeria, Says Obasanjo / Tax Defaulters In Nigeria: Obasanjo, Davido, Omisore, Others Top 19,000 List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Insecurity Won’t Consume Nigeria, Obasanjo Assures by oaktvnigeria: 9:09am On Apr 29, 2021
Former President, Olusegun Obasanjo, has expressed hope that Nigeria would overcome its security and other challenges.

Obasanjo said he is an incurable optimist who believes in Nigeria and that the country will overcome its many challenges.

He spoke on Wednesday at the 108th annual convention of the Nigerian Baptist Convention (NBC) in Ogun State where Governor Dapo Abiodun and his Oyo State counterpart, Seyi Makinde were in attendance.

The former president said though Nigeria’s current situation might be tough, the country would surely overcome.

He also called for peace, unity, and end to violence in the country.

Referring to both governors in attendance, Obasanjo said: “My two brothers talked about the situation we are in.

“You know, I am an incurable optimist about a number of things, but particularly about Nigeria.”

Nigeria is currently battling with the issue of terrorism, banditry, kidnapping and farmers/herdsmen crisis.

Read Also: Police denies reports of attack by bandits at University of Abuja

The insecurity issue has led to the death of many Nigerians.

Bandits, in recent times have made educational sector their major target with several students abducted and killed.
source: https://newstrack.oak.tv/insecurity-wont-consume-nigeria-obasanjo-assures/

Re: Insecurity Won’t Consume Nigeria, Obasanjo Assures by LordIsaac(m): 9:47am On Apr 29, 2021
Insanity is gradually taking over them.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity Won’t Consume Nigeria, Obasanjo Assures by Fejoku: 9:58am On Apr 29, 2021
Incurably and irredeemably dumb from OBJ. The youth are the future anyway.
Re: Insecurity Won’t Consume Nigeria, Obasanjo Assures by helinues: 9:59am On Apr 29, 2021
I am also positive about that
Re: Insecurity Won’t Consume Nigeria, Obasanjo Assures by Maduawuchukwu(m): 10:01am On Apr 29, 2021
Nothing is going to come out of this security challenges. What is happening now is child's play compared to what happened in 2011-2014 yet Nigeria no scatter. Security guys adapted. I just hope that the thing we call president now will be up to the task as GEJ was.
Re: Insecurity Won’t Consume Nigeria, Obasanjo Assures by richiemcgold: 10:04am On Apr 29, 2021
Baba is only trying to create false hope.
Re: Insecurity Won’t Consume Nigeria, Obasanjo Assures by Nobody: 10:06am On Apr 29, 2021
Maduawuchukwu:
Nothing is going to come out of this security challenges. What is happening now is child's play compared to what happened in 2011-2014 yet Nigeria no scatter. Security guys adapted. I just hope that the thing we call president now will be up to the task as GEJ was.
Is IPOB attacking security personnel from 2011-2014?
Re: Insecurity Won’t Consume Nigeria, Obasanjo Assures by 9jatriot(m): 10:17am On Apr 29, 2021
I wish I could be as positive. As soon as the endsars were able to destroy some security architectures, I feared that people will realize the frailties of our agencies but when things calmed down afterwards, I began to feel my fears were unnfounded but it seems I was mistaken. My initiate fears were justified.

I hate to say this but I do not think democracy can work in a highly divided country like Nigeria especially as the political parties seem to also be divided along regional lines.
What that means is that if one political party wins, the other region will feel defeated and slighted and start their agitations. Militancy, boko haram, and all others have their roots in politicians arming them for elections and then losing control later.
helinues:
Re: Insecurity Won’t Consume Nigeria, Obasanjo Assures by helinues: 10:20am On Apr 29, 2021
9jatriot:
I wish I could be as positive. As soon as the endsars were able to destroy some security architectures, I feared that people will realize the frailties of our agencies but when things calmed down afterwards, I began to feel my fears were unnfounded but it seems I was mistaken. My initiate fears were justified.

I hate to say this but I do not think democracy can work in a highly divided country like Nigeria especially as the political parties seem to also be divided along regional lines.
What that means is that if one political party wins, the other region will feel defeated and slighted and start their agitations. Militancy, boko haram, and all others have their roots in politicians arming them for elections and then losing control later.

Reason why I have been clamouring for Nigerians to focus their attention on their representatives, Senators, House of reps and state assembly than the presidency..

Presidency don't really have all the details about what's going on in the whole country...

If we elect credible representatives, things would at least fair. Abi how did Ondo state manage to pass anti grazing law in the state with the backing of court orders...

That's the effect of sound state assembly
Re: Insecurity Won’t Consume Nigeria, Obasanjo Assures by MrSamsung(m): 10:20am On Apr 29, 2021
The architect and founder of Nigeria's problem since the inception of democracy in 1998 undecided
Re: Insecurity Won’t Consume Nigeria, Obasanjo Assures by BENARI: 12:58pm On Apr 29, 2021
helinues:

You're irredeemable
Re: Insecurity Won’t Consume Nigeria, Obasanjo Assures by BENARI: 12:59pm On Apr 29, 2021
Maduawuchukwu:

Sleep well
Re: Insecurity Won’t Consume Nigeria, Obasanjo Assures by helinues: 12:59pm On Apr 29, 2021
BENARI:

You're irredeemable

Is that all or do you have anything to add ?
Re: Insecurity Won’t Consume Nigeria, Obasanjo Assures by BENARI: 1:05pm On Apr 29, 2021
helinues:

Reason why I have been clamouring for Nigerians to focus their attention on their representatives, Senators, House of reps and state assembly than the presidency..

Presidency don't really have all the details about what's going on in the whole country...

If we elect credible representatives, things would at least fair. Abi how did Ondo state manage to pass anti grazing law in the state with the backing of court orders...

That's the effect of sound state assembly

And by passing anti grazing law, the problem was solved abi? How dumb can Nigerians be.

As per electing credible candidates, are you saying you don't know what the problem is?
How many of the criminals in government today were truely elected by thier people? Has it not always been through rigging and manipulation?
The solution is a revolution. The crop of criminals who call themselves leaders today will never allow you choose the leaders that will serve you.

Wake up

# O now I see why you keep typing rubbish. Your level of reasoning has just been laid bear.
Re: Insecurity Won’t Consume Nigeria, Obasanjo Assures by helinues: 1:08pm On Apr 29, 2021
BENARI:

And by passing anti grazing law, the problem was solved abi? How dumb can Nigerians be.

As per electing credible candidates, are you saying you don't know what the problem is?
How many of the criminals in government today were truely elected by thier people? Has it not always been through rigging and manipulation?
The solution is a revolution. The crop of criminals who call themselves leaders today will never allow you choose the leaders that will serve you.

Wake up

No be Nigeria community produces our current set of people in the government?

Have you talked about the community repeating same mistakes?

And if not the banning of open grazing, what other solutions do you have about Herders and Farmers clashes?
Re: Insecurity Won’t Consume Nigeria, Obasanjo Assures by orunto27: 1:14pm On Apr 29, 2021
God bless Obasanjo.
Re: Insecurity Won’t Consume Nigeria, Obasanjo Assures by juman(m): 1:18pm On Apr 29, 2021
Mad old man.

Obasanjo is a nuisance.
He deserves to go to jail.
Re: Insecurity Won’t Consume Nigeria, Obasanjo Assures by Exmilitant(m): 1:31pm On Apr 29, 2021
Why is nairaland warning me in red ink not to, "make racist and tribalistic comment to avoid being ban"? See wahalla o, wetin i wan type sef i don forget.

(1) (Reply)

Nwuche Commends And Welcomes Gov. Nyesom Wike To Ekpeye Kingdom / UFC Champion, Kamaru Usman In Nigeria, Meets Yahaya Bello (Photos) / There Are No More FG Job Vacancies In The Country - Buhari Tells Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.