Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,687 members, 7,820,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Fg Sends 117 Ex-militants To S’africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg Sends 117 Ex-militants To S’africa (748 Views)

El-rufai: Kaduna Has More Gold Than S’africa / FG Sends Parents Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls To Cameroon / 117 Year Old Man Goes To Vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fg Sends 117 Ex-militants To S’africa by Nobody: 2:51pm On Apr 23, 2011
The Post- Amnesty Programme of the Federal Government received a boost yesterday as another batch of 117 youths under the re- integration programme for ex- Niger Delta militants were sent to the Itumeleng Training Solutions and Development Institute in Pretoria, South Africa for a six- month programme in pipeline welding and crane operations.

The ex- militants who flew out of the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Ikeja, Lagos aboard South African Airways brings to 621 youths sent abroad for both vocational and educational training.

Only a few days ago, about 38 youths from the Niger Delta region were sent to the Wyotech- Daytona Marine Academy in Florida in the United States for marine engineering training for six months.

Speaking at a ceremony for the youths at the Lagos Sheraton Hotel, Special Adviser to President Goodluck Jonathan on Niger Delta matters, Kingsley Kuku, urged the youths from the region to be good ambassadors that would exhibit attitude that would improve the image of Nigeria in South Africa, adding that government was committed to ensuring that the youths were given quality training that would make them relevant in the oil and gas sector.

Prior to their departure , 25 youths under the post- amnesty re- integration programme had been sent to South Africa for aircraft

Kuku told the youths to take their training seriously because on completion , they would receive international certifications that would enable them get jobs in the oil and gas sector.

[url=http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/3852-fg-sends-117-ex-militants-to-s%E2%80%99africa.html]source[/url]
Re: Fg Sends 117 Ex-militants To S’africa by egift(m): 7:00pm On Apr 23, 2011
With militants having a free VIP access why won't others start blowing things up in ND. Instead of government looking for ways to fix the basic needs of people in ND and rest of the country - they are only busy shipping out the troubles.

Na waaaa o!
Re: Fg Sends 117 Ex-militants To S’africa by olawalebabs(m): 7:05pm On Apr 23, 2011
This country will never know peace until we solve the injustice. Imagine a country with millions of unemploy graduate investing heavily on ex militant. Why wont other part of the country take up arm. Let the government give us the enabling environment to thrive.
Re: Fg Sends 117 Ex-militants To S’africa by dustydee: 7:15pm On Apr 23, 2011
They should send almajiris to SA for training too
Re: Fg Sends 117 Ex-militants To S’africa by Nobody: 7:32pm On Apr 23, 2011
dustydee:

They should send almajiris to SA for training too

I know you think that this is a joke, but in all seriousness it's a great idea.
Why have millions of almajiris wasting away? Pay them off to train in SA, if plausible.
Re: Fg Sends 117 Ex-militants To S’africa by Nobody: 8:12pm On Apr 23, 2011
Why have millions of almajiris wasting away? Pay them off to train in SA, if plausible.

i know you didnt mean this though. which sane country will open up its airspace to those blood sucking vampires.

I'm not apologetic to these northern elements, just that many undergraduates are wasting away and this. maybe they should become militants since this looks like the way now.
Re: Fg Sends 117 Ex-militants To S’africa by Rhino5dm: 8:46pm On Apr 23, 2011
This very good devolopment.

Atleast. he that pays the piper should dictate the tune.

Am glad those rascals are having second chance. why una de vex, is it your money??
Re: Fg Sends 117 Ex-militants To S’africa by olawalebabs(m): 9:14pm On Apr 23, 2011
babaearly:

i know you didnt mean this though. which sane country will open up its airspace to those blood sucking vampires.

I'm not apologetic to these northern elements, just that many undergraduates are wasting away and this. maybe they should become militants since this looks like the way now.
what is the difference between them. Moreover do you even know the meaning of "Almajiri"
Re: Fg Sends 117 Ex-militants To S’africa by montelik(m): 9:16pm On Apr 23, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

This very good devolopment.

Atleast. he that pays the piper should dictate the tune.

Am glad those rascals are having second chance. why una de vex, is it your money??

Actually I do believe it is our money.  cool
Re: Fg Sends 117 Ex-militants To S’africa by EzeUche3(m): 9:22pm On Apr 23, 2011
There is a difference between them and the rampaging mobs in the North. The militants target the oil companies most of the time instead of their fellow countrymen. While these mobs attack any non-Hausa. That is the difference.

One group is fighting for greater resource control, the other is fighting to keep power within Northern hands. Sorry, but I sympathize with the militants.
Re: Fg Sends 117 Ex-militants To S’africa by Rossikk(m): 9:50pm On Apr 23, 2011
Gbam!!!
Re: Fg Sends 117 Ex-militants To S’africa by olawalebabs(m): 7:49am On Apr 24, 2011
I only hope they will not learn all the vices in south africa too. I can't laugh
Re: Fg Sends 117 Ex-militants To S’africa by egift(m): 7:52pm On Apr 24, 2011
Are they going to SA for rehabilitation, psychological treatment or to expand and perfect their trade (Blowing Up Things)?

For all those supporting this, is this the primary need of the Niger Delta region

(1) (Reply)

Another Eye Witness Account Of Killing In The North / Full Text Of Al-qaeda's Confirmation Of Osama Bin Laden's Death / Who Do We Trust?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.