Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,157 members, 7,849,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:21 AM

CBN Fires First Bank Directors - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Fires First Bank Directors (45666 Views)

BREAKING: I’ll Probe N241bn Debt, Abba Gida-gida Fires First Shot At Ganduje / First Bank Directors Fired To Protect Customers, Minority Shareholders – CBN / FIRS Retires All Directors Who Have Served For Eight Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by gnykelly(m): 10:17pm On Apr 29, 2021
xtremecr8:
Hmmm. This life ehn! This is the board of the same bank we appealed to to pay us for designing their 125th Year Anniversary logo and their Directors told us to go to court but we know there's a God of Justice.

This is the same board and Management we appealed to concerning our ongoing predicament in the hands of the Mr Adeduntan-led management that suffered and humiliated us.

We created an iconic 125th Year Anniversary logo for this same bank under this sacked board but the bank went behind us to use our logo for the whole celebration, spent a whopping N18.3 Billion on adverts and promotions that same year and never paid us a dime for designing their 125th Year Anniversary logo.

CBN should please prevail on First Bank Plc to pay us for our hardwork and toil on this logo we designed for them to commemorate their 125th Year Anniversary.

We deserve to get paid and we beg all well meaning men and women of this great country to help us appeal to FBN to pay us for designing their 125th Year Anniversary logo.

Here's the Nairaland thread on our predicament in the hands of the FBN management under Mr Adeduntan and appeal going on for years now

https://www.nairaland.com/5591806/how-first-bank-did-not

And here's our video narrating our ordeal

https://m.facebook.com/ReportYourself/videos/723288038412109/?refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com%2FReportYourself%2Fvideos%2F723288038412109%2F&_rdr

if you are sure of your case. go to court
Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by Nobody: 10:17pm On Apr 29, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

I have asked you a question. If someone voluntarily retires, can he be forced back into the position he retired from voluntarily?

If there are irregularities. Yes, he can be call back until due process is carried out.

This is not the first time CBN has taken similar decisions.
Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:19pm On Apr 29, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

First bank have been under regulatory forbearance since last year. The former md has been in office since 2017, isn't he the cause of why the bank is in distress.

So what is your point??

The question is not whether he is the cause of the distress. The question is your assertion that he retired voluntarily when the info in public space negates that. It's buttressed by the fact that the CBN returned him to the seat. Besides, it's common knowledge that voluntary retirement is usually preceded by a 3 months notice. So who retires in 24hrs? Stop mixing things up.

3 Likes

Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:21pm On Apr 29, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

If there are irregularities. Yes, he can be call back until due process is carried out.

This is not the first time CBN has taken similar decisions.

Give an example of when CBN did that pls. I mean call back a bank MD who retired voluntarily. You can also tell us the irregularities the CBN observed in his purported retirement.

4 Likes

Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by baralatie(m): 10:23pm On Apr 29, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

The question is not whether he is the cause of the distress. The question is your assertion that he retired voluntarily when the info in public space negates that. It's buttressed by the fact that the CBN returned him to the seat. Besides, it's common knowledge that voluntary retirement is usually preceded by a 3 months notice. So who retires in 24hrs? Stop mixing things up.
ahhh!
you mean 24hr retirement?
Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by mayo47(m): 10:28pm On Apr 29, 2021
jlinkd78:
This Govt want to make people panic when they have not been able to create anything the only Bank of reference in terms of healthiness is now being fingered with their leprous hand of mismanagement. This CBN that is supposed to be busy printing billions to be shared across the States now wants to crash First Bank, regarded as the Rock of Gibraltar Bank, same way big names like Oceanic and Diamond Banks including Intercontinental went out of space cos of conflict of interests

Point of Correction: Sorry it's not CBN/govt job to print money and share amongst the state. Also, they are not trying to crash First Bank. Please do research before making a conclusive statemen

2 Likes

Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by Nobody: 10:28pm On Apr 29, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

Do you even read the news before argueing

He didn't retire in 24 hours, infact the cbn reinstated him as md of an interim board( temporarily board)
Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:29pm On Apr 29, 2021
baralatie:

ahhh!
you mean 24hr retirement?

That's what the guy is claiming o

Meanwhile i'm watching channels tv now and they confirmed the MD was removed and not retired as this guy claimed.

Also note that contrary to claim by this guy that the bank entered forbearance last year, the bank entered forbearance since 2016. Straight from emefiele's mouth

1 Like

Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by baralatie(m): 10:32pm On Apr 29, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

Meanwhile i'm watching channels tv now and they confirmed the MD was removed and not retired as this guy claimed.

Also note that contrary to claim by this guy that the bank entered forbearance last year, the bank entered forbearance since 2016. Straight from emefiele's mouth
forebearance since 2016 ke?

they have first bank to action film
Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:32pm On Apr 29, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Do you even reas the news before argeing

He didn't retire in 24 hours, infact the cbn reinstated as md of an interim board.

Where are you getting your Fake news from? Same you who complains about fake news.

FYI I'm watching Channels news now and they mentioned nothing like interim board. They also confirmed sola adeduntan was removed by the former board. Contrary to your assertion, Emefiele himself said it that the bank entered forbearance since 2016. So stop blaming Adeduntan for the capital issues of first bank.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by Nobody: 10:32pm On Apr 29, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

I wanted to correct the error of the forbearance.

The md retired and wasn't removed.
Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:32pm On Apr 29, 2021
baralatie:

forebearance since 2016 ke?

they have first bank to action film

That's what Emefiele said.
Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:33pm On Apr 29, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

I wanted to correct the error of the forbearance.

The md retired and wasn't removed.

Well, that's according to you. Channels said he was removed. If you were me, would you believe you over channels?
Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by Nobody: 10:35pm On Apr 29, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

Where are you getting your Fake news from? Same you who complains about fake news.

FYI I'm watching Channels news now and they mentioned nothing like interim board. They also confirmed sola adeduntan was removed by the former board. Contrary to your assertion, Emefiele himself said it that the bank entered forbearance since 2016. So stop blaming Adeduntan for the capital issues of first bank.

What FAKENEWS.

1.The md was reinstated by cbn as head of an interim board
2.Mr sola retired after a 6 year tenure.
3. Sola Adeduntan was appointed md in 2016, so he couldn't turn around the fortunes of the bank.
Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by Nobody: 10:37pm On Apr 29, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

Well, that's according to you. Channels said he was removed. If you were me, would you believe you over channels?

Other financial media says he retired after 6 years.

Cbn guidelines says an md must serve for 10 years, first bank internal policy says 6 years.
Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:38pm On Apr 29, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

What FAKENEWS.

1.The md was reinstated by cbn as head of an interim board
2.Mr sola retired after a 6 year tenure.
3. Sola Adeduntan was appointed md in 2016, so he couldn't turn around the fortunes of the bank.

He is due to retire in eight months time

You have not answered a simple question. If you were me, would you believe you over channels?

If you have light and a TV, you won't be arguing based on lies like this. You even introduced interim board. Na wa o

1 Like

Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by observanc1: 10:39pm On Apr 29, 2021
yanabasee1:
Is first bank a branch of CBN?
just carry your ignorance waka.
Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:40pm On Apr 29, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Other financial media says he retired after 6 years.

Cbn guidelines says an md must serve for 10 years, first bank internal policy says 6 years.

CBN guidelines did not use the word "must" it used max of ten years and can be broken to two terms of five years each. This is something someone pasted for you o.

Are you sure you're not feeling drudged

1 Like

Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by Nobody: 10:43pm On Apr 29, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

CBN guidelines did not use the word "must" it used max of ten years and can be broken to two terms of five years each. This is something someone pasted for you o.

Are you sure you're not feeling drudged

How is this my problem
Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:44pm On Apr 29, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

How is this my problem

Bye bye

1 Like

Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by Nobody: 10:46pm On Apr 29, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

He is due to retire in eight months time

You have not answered a simple question. If you were me, would you believe you over channels?

If you have light and a TV, you won't be arguing based on lies like this. You even introduced interim board. Na wa o

Since i don't have light and tv, maybe you will be willing to get them for me so that i can watch the news properly with an eye glass.

The board is an interim board,

Maybe if you had enough data, you would have read it through.

This is the link.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/458459-just-in-cbn-dissolves-first-bank-board-reinstates-sola-adeduntan-as-md.html
Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by Nobody: 10:47pm On Apr 29, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

Bye bye

Take care grin
Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by VULCAN(m): 10:51pm On Apr 29, 2021
The Law did not say 10yrs minimum. It states 10yrs maximum.

So you are wrong.

The major problem is that CBN must give approval before you retire, sack or hire a new MD.

thebosstrevor1:

Lol..

The main reason for cbn disapproval is this.

Cbn approves 10 years for bank mds but first bank internal policies approves 6 years for their md.

The disagreement has nothing to do with loans.

Read for more information.

https://nairametrics.com/2021/04/29/cbn-first-bank-on-collision-course-over-removal-of-md-ceo/

1 Like

Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by Nobody: 10:53pm On Apr 29, 2021
VULCAN:
The Law did not say 10yrs minimum. It states 10yrs maximum.

So you are wrong.

The major problem is that CBN must give approval before you retire, sack or hire a new MD.

I agreed about that.

I also wrote before that cbn must give approval before a new md and board is elected.
Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by SouthSouth1914: 10:58pm On Apr 29, 2021
CorperKola:

how long will it take you to understand a simple scenario, i hope you are not slow upstairs??
the board had gone rogue and was trying to crash the bank and the chairperson was a pawn like i always suspected

Your brain is incomprehensible! I put up an argument about CBN dabbling into banks internal affairs which I hope should be resolved by the board.

I asked if there was any platform (legal binding) that gives the CBN to act this way. You didn’t respond to any of my questions, but you rather jump into attack like someone on panic mode! What is wrong with you children of nowadays?
Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by Kirkman: 10:59pm On Apr 29, 2021
FuckOsuPigs:

Wos bros, the more you look, the less you see. Otudeko's loan is an instrument in this boardroom power game. I'm telling you that from the position of somebody who KNOWS.
Can't they arrest and jail that crook called Otudeko or whatever his name is called or sieze his assets that he used for the loan collateral if na poor man take that kind loan that would have hounded him since, hanged him to the EFCC and paraded him around the media as a thief/debtor.

1 Like

Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by VULCAN(m): 11:00pm On Apr 29, 2021
Ok

thebosstrevor1:

I agree about that.

I also wrote before that cbn must give approval before a new md and board is elected.
Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by jaxxy(m): 11:02pm On Apr 29, 2021
xtremecr8:
Hmmm. This life ehn! This is the board of the same bank we appealed to to pay us for designing their 125th Year Anniversary logo and their Directors told us to go to court but we know there's a God of Justice.

This is the same board and Management we appealed to concerning our ongoing predicament in the hands of the Mr Adeduntan-led management that suffered and humiliated us.

We created an iconic 125th Year Anniversary logo for this same bank under this sacked board but the bank went behind us to use our logo for the whole celebration, spent a whopping N18.3 Billion on adverts and promotions that same year and never paid us a dime for designing their 125th Year Anniversary logo.

CBN should please prevail on First Bank Plc to pay us for our hardwork and toil on this logo we designed for them to commemorate their 125th Year Anniversary.

We deserve to get paid and we beg all well meaning men and women of this great country to help us appeal to FBN to pay us for designing their 125th Year Anniversary logo.

Here's the Nairaland thread on our predicament in the hands of the FBN management under Mr Adeduntan and appeal going on for years now

https://www.nairaland.com/5591806/how-first-bank-did-not

And here's our video narrating our ordeal

https://m.facebook.com/ReportYourself/videos/723288038412109/?refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com%2FReportYourself%2Fvideos%2F723288038412109%2F&_rdr

Go to twitter and narrate ur ordeal. They will take it up once it goes viral.

1 Like

Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by yanabasee1(m): 11:13pm On Apr 29, 2021
observanc1:
just carry your ignorance waka.

Carry your over sabi go one corner..... Olodo.
Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:17pm On Apr 29, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Since i don't have light and tv, maybe you will be willing to get them for me so that i can watch the news properly with an eye glass.

This is the link.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/458459-just-in-cbn-dissolves-first-bank-board-reinstates-sola-adeduntan-as-md.html

This is from your own link Mr retirement.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:25pm On Apr 29, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

This is the link.

You don't have light, ask Buhari

You don't have TV, get a real job so you can afford one.
I'm not the cause of your problems.

1 Like

Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by Nobody: 11:25pm On Apr 29, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

This is from your own link Mr retirement.

So why do you omit this and why didn't you click on the link to see further information.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why We Refused To Sell Cobra Helicopters To Nigeria - US / What Aminu Shagari, son of President Shagari said about Buhari / Soldiers Carry Out Sanitation Exercise In Yenagoa, Bayelsa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.