Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman (25019 Views)

FBN Holdings Confirms Hassan-Odukale As Single-Largest Shareholder / Ibukun Awosika: I Had Great Plans For First Bank / 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by Nobody: 10:20pm On Apr 29, 2021
The Central Bank of Nigeria on Thursday, wielded its big stick on one of Nigeria’s oldest banks, First Bank of Nigeria Limited, and sacked all the board members of the bank including its Chairman, Board of Directors, Ibukun Awosika.

Awosika was appointed First Bank Chairman in September 2015, making her one of the first women to hold the esteemed position.

However, the apex bank on Thursday, announced the immediate appointment of Tunde Hassan-Odukale as Chairman of First Bank. Before his appointment, Hassan-Odukale was the Managing Director of Leadway Assurance Company.

The re-organisation of First Bank by the regulator was not unconnected to the removal of Adesola Adeduntan as the Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of the bank and the appointment of Gbenga Shobo as MD/CEO designate without regulatory approval. CBN had earlier queried the Board of the bank over the development.

At a briefing in Abuja on Thursday, CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele, dissolved the board of the bank and announced the appointments of new leaders, with immediate effect.

According to a statement released after the briefing titled, ‘Developments at First Bank Nigeria Limited,’ Emefiele said the decision was taken “to protect 31 million customers, minority shareholders of First Bank of Nigeria Ltd”.

The statement partly read, “CBN directs immediate removal of all Directors of First Bank Nigeria Limited and First Bank Holdings Plc.

CBN reassures First Bank of Nigeria depositors, creditors and other stakeholders of the bank of its commitment to ensure the stability of the financial system.

“CBN approves appointment of Remi Babalola as Chairman FBN Holdings Plc.

“CBN appoints Dr. Fatade Abiodun Oluwole, Kofo Dosekun, Remi Lasaki, Dr Alimi Abdulrasaq, Ahmed Modibbo, Khalifa Imam, Sir Peter Aliogo, and UK Eke (Managing Director) as Directors of FBN Holdings Plc

“CBN approves appointment of Tunde Hassan-Odukale as Chairman of First Bank of Nigeria Limited.

“CBN appoints Tokunbo Martins, Uche Nwokedi, Adekunle Sonola, Isioma Ogodazi, Ebenezer Olufowose, Ishaya Elijah B. Dodo as Directors of First Bank of Nigeria Limited.

“CBN reinstates Sola Adeduntan as Managing Director; Gbenga Shobo as Deputy Managing Director; and Remi Oni and Abdullahi Ibrahim as Executive Directors of First Bank of Nigeria Limited.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/first-bank-shake-up-hassan-odukale-replaces-awosika-as-chairman/%3famp

Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by Nobody: 10:39pm On Apr 29, 2021
Chaiii

“CBN appoints Tokunbo Martins, Uche Nwokedi, Adekunle Sonola, Isioma Ogodazi, Ebenezer Olufowose, Ishaya Elijah B. Dodo as Directors of First Bank of Nigeria Limited.

I am Okay with this current Directors.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by FarahAideed: 10:58pm On Apr 29, 2021
This is clearly a game of Ego and not of mismanagement like the CBN wants you to believe....very poor handling by the CBN , this is beginning of crisis for FBN

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by tit(f): 11:03pm On Apr 29, 2021
No Niger Delta?
We no get money for FBN

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by jonnathaniheme: 11:13pm On Apr 29, 2021
Well alright
Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by Anfield247(m): 11:19pm On Apr 29, 2021
Chai, my iron lady, Ibikun Awosika don go ooh.... I love this woman so much! If you listen to her motivational speeches then u no change, na him be say u no wan wise!

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by Kobicove(m): 6:01am On Apr 30, 2021
A tsunami has hit First Bank! undecided

Now all the banks in Nigeria know who's boss, everyone will stand in line

6 Likes

Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by SmartPolician: 6:02am On Apr 30, 2021
SMH. I really like that woman's name, Ibukun Awosika.
I guess her family was the person Victor Uwaifo sang about (not sure).
That made me like the name because I like the song grin grin grin
Sorry, ma'am....you are already made and will continue to be a good motivational speaker.
You will be missed.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by Jesuschristus: 6:02am On Apr 30, 2021
Why are they both Yoruba??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by Realstick941: 6:02am On Apr 30, 2021
I know we hate most of our institutions in this country but i think CBN from the time of soludo till now has been doing a good job in regulating our greedy banks. But we need to stop shielding them from foreign competion

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by slawormiir: 6:02am On Apr 30, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by liajosh(m): 6:02am On Apr 30, 2021
Wow banking coup.

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by MikeMicheal(m): 6:03am On Apr 30, 2021
THIEFY-THIEFY BANK!
PAY THIS GUY HIS MONEY!

https://www.nairaland.com/5591806/how-first-bank-did-not

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by pointstores(m): 6:03am On Apr 30, 2021
Nawa
Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by tunary(m): 6:04am On Apr 30, 2021
Good collabo
Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by Profayo: 6:04am On Apr 30, 2021
I am scared for First bank because anytime the government interferes in anything, it definitely fails

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by Sammy07: 6:04am On Apr 30, 2021
Jesuschristus:

Stop your YORUBA hating and you'll breathe life.

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by Womanizer(m): 6:06am On Apr 30, 2021
FarahAideed:
This is clearly a game of Ego and not of mismanagement like the CBN wants you to believe....very poor handling by the CBN , this is beginning of crisis for FBN

Willfully neglecting to pursue recovery of a mammoth loan that has clearly gone bad and shielding the insider cum related party who is responsible for those loans is mismanagement anyhow you want to look at it!

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by naptu2: 6:06am On Apr 30, 2021
What happens to the Honeywell loan and Bharti Airtel shares?

5 Likes

Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by Nobody: 6:06am On Apr 30, 2021
I like this new list.
Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by Sammy07: 6:06am On Apr 30, 2021
FarahAideed:

CBN IS the apex, the commercial banks needs to follow due process to do some things else CBN will sanction dem.

If you study finance, economics, banking and finance, accounting in school, you'll know this.

Under Banking Laws and Regulations

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by Mindlog: 6:07am On Apr 30, 2021
Boardroom war.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by mrbrodaman: 6:07am On Apr 30, 2021
Na CBN do am this thing so?

I remember when Awosika was one of the guest speakers at a televised program organized by Daystar Christian center. She was really endorsing the Buhari government and subtly insinuating that she and a couple of "visionaries" actively supported the incoming government.

Funny how things took a different turn.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by Nobody: 6:08am On Apr 30, 2021
So CBN has this kind of power, wow... And I was fond of Mrs Ibukun Awosika and her white hair sha, all the best in her future endeavours.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by tunary(m): 6:09am On Apr 30, 2021
tit:
No Niger Delta? We no get money for FBN
Tit for tat

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by MikeMicheal(m): 6:11am On Apr 30, 2021
Make I tell my neighbour to withdraw his 2K before they fold up.

5 Likes

Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by SavageResponse(m): 6:12am On Apr 30, 2021
So this is how Ibukun Awosika's career in First Bank ended, just like that.

The number of people calling her to come give motivational speeches will dwindle drastically grin

24 Likes

Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by Sammy07: 6:12am On Apr 30, 2021
Profayo:
I am scared for First bank because anytime the government interferes in anything, it definitely fails

Not in Banks.
In 2009, 9 banks were about to crash, if not for the intervention of CBN headed by Sanusi Lamido Sanusi.

That's why CBN is the last resort of the banks

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by diplomat058(m): 6:13am On Apr 30, 2021
Jesuschristus:
This isn't about tribe, stop that! Ironically, your moniker does not support your tribalism

10 Likes

Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by SavageResponse(m): 6:14am On Apr 30, 2021
Profayo:

Not this time

1 Like

Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by renegades(m): 6:16am On Apr 30, 2021
Wow
Re: First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman by FarahAideed: 6:17am On Apr 30, 2021
Womanizer:

Willfully neglecting to pursue a mammoth loan that has clearly gone bad and shielding the insider cum related party who is responsible for those loans is mismanagement anyhow you want to look at it!

The loan was paid off in stock options ( that's another story for another day )

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Don't Get Scammed: Red Mercury Does Not Exist! / Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts / Fire Guts CBN Office In Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.