Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,083 members, 7,849,395 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 08:22 PM

2023: Akpabio Meets APC National Secretary, Begs For A Safe Landing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Akpabio Meets APC National Secretary, Begs For A Safe Landing (457 Views)

Akpabio Meets Buhari, Unveils Senate Presidency Ambition / Godswill Akpabio Meets Chris Ekpoyong, Laughs And Hugs Him (Photos) / Senator Godswill Akpabio Meets Tinubu In Lagos (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2023: Akpabio Meets APC National Secretary, Begs For A Safe Landing by SibaKeAkwaibom: 7:22am On Apr 30, 2021
2023: Akpabio Begs Udoedehe For Safe Landing, As Party Makes Moves To Suspend Him
...vows to support Udo's governorship ambition against odds

By Chidi Okoye, Abuja

The Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Senator Godswill Akpabio has appealed to Sen. Udoedehe for forgiveness after he was tipped how the state chapter of the All Progressives Congress has orchestrated plans to suspend him. He also vowed to support Udo's governorship ambition against odds come 2023.

Akpabio who met behind closed doors with the National Secretary, Caretaker Committee of the All Progressives Congress at the Party’s National Secretariat in Abuja on Thursday, April 29, 2021, described Udoedehe as a lover of peace, straightforward and sincere person, adding that there has never been a case of a hostile relationship or grudge between them.

He also recalled the good times he shared with the Secretary and wished that nothing separates them going forward.

"We have never quarreled with one another. In fact, we have always cooperated with one another, if anything, he will use his mouth to tell you how we used to dance Kokoma, holding hands together, then we go down and come up again. All these things happened in the 2019 elections, when we tried to install the APC government in Akwa Ibom State, until there was a conflict from both within and without, and that effort was shattered. And I don't want that to happen again”, he said.
Sen. Udoedehe who also denied having issues with Akpabio remarked that politicians are people who can easily resolve their problems without fighting.

"My father told me that if you go to heaven and you don't see politicians in heaven, you have to leave because that one is hell. I asked him why, he said politicians are people who can easily resolve their problems without fighting. That is why when you people put your mouth or your pen in issue of politics we always laugh because you will not know when we will laugh and resolve these issues. But that is not to say that we have issues”, he said.

"This visit is a surprise visit, it is like a girlfriend who has been expecting her boyfriend and keep saying when will my boyfriend visit for proposal, and i have been ambushed for this proposal. What will the girlfriend do, excitement. That you have been waiting for this diamond. So I'm happy that this proposal has come finally, because it is what I have been waiting for. Let me tell you something, it is like America, Britain or world powers. If a small country wants to survive, you have to rush to America to support you. So most of the problems are not personal. It is between small country and big country. So it may set confusion between two bigger countries, but if the two bigger countries understand how to deal with the issues, the issue becomes non issue and they have become non issue today," Udoedehe said.

(1) (Reply)

Actor/politician, Desmond Elliott Dancing In His Office - Video / FulaniBandits And their Sponsors Would Lose Totally In The South / Media Group Condemns Abduction Of Former DC Coordinator In Ebonyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.