Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,698 members, 7,816,855 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

How Would You React If Somebody Hits Your Child For These Reasons? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Would You React If Somebody Hits Your Child For These Reasons? (1350 Views)

Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons / How Would You React To This If It Happened In Your House? / How Would You React If You Met Brother-In-Law Treating Your Sister Like This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Would You React If Somebody Hits Your Child For These Reasons? by chatinent: 2:10pm On Apr 30, 2021
Assuming your child returns home and reports sb hits them, or you discovered it was for one of the below occasions, how would you react?

1. For not greeting them.

2. For hitting their child.

3. For a morally wrong conduct (eg., sexually related, or theft)

4. Playing football in a place they don't approve.

5. Playing with their child.

6. Refusing running an errand.
Re: How Would You React If Somebody Hits Your Child For These Reasons? by Hashabiah: 2:17pm On Apr 30, 2021
All will be valid to me except for number 5. That one does not make sense at all
Re: How Would You React If Somebody Hits Your Child For These Reasons? by chatinent: 2:27pm On Apr 30, 2021
Hashabiah:
All will be valid to me except for number 5. That one does not make sense at all

Some adults beat children for not running their errands.

How will you react?
Re: How Would You React If Somebody Hits Your Child For These Reasons? by Hashabiah: 2:30pm On Apr 30, 2021
chatinent:

Some adults beat children for not running their errands.

How will you react?
Bros I am an African, and I grew up with the idea that running errands for my elders was a sign of respect. So it's a cultural norm in African society which I support 100%. And if my child does not emulate such, it is a sign he is rebellious and if he is disciplined in the process, so be it

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Would You React If Somebody Hits Your Child For These Reasons? by papiSNEH(m): 2:38pm On Apr 30, 2021
the atmospheric condition in Nigeria has made some people assuming things like they are on jan ja

Re: How Would You React If Somebody Hits Your Child For These Reasons? by chatinent: 2:45pm On Apr 30, 2021
Hashabiah:
Bros I am an African, and I grew up with the idea that running errands for my elders was a sign of respect. It is a cultural norm in African society which I support 100%. So if my child does not do such, it is a sign he is rebellious and if he is disciplined in the process. So be it

I just hope this comment isn't to solicit likes and share clicks, but REALITY.
Re: How Would You React If Somebody Hits Your Child For These Reasons? by chatinent: 2:46pm On Apr 30, 2021
papiSNEH:
the atmospheric condition in Nigeria has made some people assuming things like they are on jan ja

Drop your reaction.
Re: How Would You React If Somebody Hits Your Child For These Reasons? by Hashabiah: 2:56pm On Apr 30, 2021
chatinent:

I just hope this comment isn't to solicit likes and share clicks, but REALITY.
Why do you say such?
Re: How Would You React If Somebody Hits Your Child For These Reasons? by chatinent: 3:03pm On Apr 30, 2021
Hashabiah:
Why do you say such?

Not everyone means what they say.
Re: How Would You React If Somebody Hits Your Child For These Reasons? by Oizee(f): 3:15pm On Apr 30, 2021
its ok except number 5.....I will be calm to ask why, may be my child is far older than hers and was engaging her child in a very rough play. but, if they are of the same age then I will insult the woman
Re: How Would You React If Somebody Hits Your Child For These Reasons? by ImaIma1(f): 3:20pm On Apr 30, 2021
It's better you report any offense to me instead of beating him.or her. Let me be the one to discipline my child. I think there will be a greater impact than an outsider doing the beating.
Re: How Would You React If Somebody Hits Your Child For These Reasons? by chatinent: 3:49pm On Apr 30, 2021
Oizee:
its ok except number 5.....I will be calm to ask why, may be my child is far older than hers and was engaging her child in a very rough play. but, if they are of the same age then I will insult the woman

Insult her?

To what effect?
Re: How Would You React If Somebody Hits Your Child For These Reasons? by chatinent: 3:50pm On Apr 30, 2021
ImaIma1:
It's better you report any offense to me instead of beating him.or her. Let me be the one to discipline my child. I think that will be greater impact than an outsider doing the beating.

I think I like this idea.
Re: How Would You React If Somebody Hits Your Child For These Reasons? by Oizee(f): 3:54pm On Apr 30, 2021
chatinent:

Insult her?

To what effect?
Bros, honestlyI can't stand discrimination in any form.....I will never tolerate or overlook it
Re: How Would You React If Somebody Hits Your Child For These Reasons? by chatinent: 4:18pm On Apr 30, 2021
Oizee:
Bros, honestlyI can't stand discrimination in any form.....I will never tolerate or overlook it

Ok
Re: How Would You React If Somebody Hits Your Child For These Reasons? by Amanee(f): 7:47pm On Apr 30, 2021
Lol

This question is relevant if you plan to bring up your kids in face-me-i slap you kind of apartments

3 Likes

Re: How Would You React If Somebody Hits Your Child For These Reasons? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Apr 30, 2021
O my
Re: How Would You React If Somebody Hits Your Child For These Reasons? by emmyN(m): 9:29pm On Apr 30, 2021
ImaIma1:
It's better you report any offense to me instead of beating him.or her. Let me be the one to discipline my child. I think there will be a greater impact than an outsider doing the beating.

You mean if a child is being naughty around where I am, I'm supposed to stand up to go look for it's parents just to report?
Re: How Would You React If Somebody Hits Your Child For These Reasons? by ImaIma1(f): 10:10pm On Apr 30, 2021
emmyN:

You mean if a child is being naughty around where I am, I'm supposed to stand up to go look for it's parents just to report?

Being naughty is not part of the list. Look at the list.
Re: How Would You React If Somebody Hits Your Child For These Reasons? by emmyN(m): 10:56pm On Apr 30, 2021
ImaIma1:

Being naughty is not part of the list. Look at the list.

Unless you have a different definition for the word naughty, but all the listed except 5 are naughty behaviours.
Re: How Would You React If Somebody Hits Your Child For These Reasons? by ImaIma1(f): 1:17am On May 01, 2021
emmyN:

Unless you have a different definition for the word naughty, but all the listed except 5 are naughty behaviours.

Let me beat my child myself or her father. I don't just beat children, I would rather report them to their parents. Except that child is kept in my care to look after.
Re: How Would You React If Somebody Hits Your Child For These Reasons? by emmyN(m): 2:45am On May 01, 2021
ImaIma1:

Let me beat my child myself or her father. I don't just beat children, I would rather report them to their parents. Except that child is kept in my care to look after.

That reporting stuff never suits me. I'm mostly temperate with kids because I know they don't know better. But aunty, if your pikin carry do pass e sef, I go beat am walahi talahi cheesy.
Re: How Would You React If Somebody Hits Your Child For These Reasons? by cococandy(f): 4:48am On May 01, 2021
emmyN:

Yes actually

Please don’t hit other people’s children. I would say don’t hit yours too but that’s your business.
Certainly do not touch other people’s children. If it’s my child, you would be a in a world of pain. Don’t do it
Re: How Would You React If Somebody Hits Your Child For These Reasons? by Mindlog: 6:05am On May 01, 2021
emmyN:

That reporting stuff never suits me. I'm mostly temperate with kids because I know they don't know better. But aunty, if your pikin carry do pass e sef, I go beat am walahi talahi cheesy.

It will suit you if hopefully you get freed from possible consequences of beating up a child especially not yours.
Re: How Would You React If Somebody Hits Your Child For These Reasons? by chatinent: 6:24am On May 01, 2021
emmyN:

I think naughty is subject.

Some people don't like sb hitting their child.
Re: How Would You React If Somebody Hits Your Child For These Reasons? by chatinent: 6:26am On May 01, 2021
emmyN:

Personally, I'd like to punish my kids myself. I wouldn't tolerate sb hitting them.
Re: How Would You React If Somebody Hits Your Child For These Reasons? by chatinent: 6:28am On May 01, 2021
cococandy:

Yes actually

Please don’t hit other people’s children. I would say don’t hit yours too but that’s your business.
Certainly do not touch other people’s children. If it’s my child, you would be a in a world of pain. Don’t do it

I can't understand any reason for sb hitting my child. I am respected if reported to. I understand hitting my child as the peak of disregard.

I may do the undone to the beater.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Would You React If Somebody Hits Your Child For These Reasons? by chatinent: 6:29am On May 01, 2021
Mindlog:

It will suit you if hopefully you get freed from possible consequences of beating up a child especially not yours.

Absolutely.
Re: How Would You React If Somebody Hits Your Child For These Reasons? by chatinent: 6:31am On May 01, 2021
ImaIma1:

I don't even hit my siblings, nor sb in my care.

I rather deploy other punitive measures.

1 Like

Re: How Would You React If Somebody Hits Your Child For These Reasons? by chatinent: 6:32am On May 01, 2021
emmyN:

If I am the parent, that's the only option you have, sincerely.

You don't hit my kids.

I'll so get into you.

1 Like

Re: How Would You React If Somebody Hits Your Child For These Reasons? by cococandy(f): 7:00am On May 01, 2021
chatinent:

I can't understand any reason for sb hitting my child. I am respected if reported to. I understand hitting my child as the peak of disregard.

I may do the undone to the beater.

I won’t say I don’t understand it because a lot of us were raised to see it as nothing. Including me. Teachers at school would hit you as punishment, aunties and uncles in the extended family would spank you. We consider it good training. Which it isn’t.

What I don’t understand is the unwillingness to unlearn bad things. Because you’re raised that way doesn’t mean you can’t unlearn unwholesome things you learned while growing up.

That’s the current problem we are having. Unwillingness to unlearn.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Would You React If Somebody Hits Your Child For These Reasons? by UjuJoan2: 7:11am On May 01, 2021
Nobody should ever beat my child for ANY reason!! Nobodyn

(1) (2) (Reply)

Eating Customs / Oh Happy Day.....oh Jealous Day!!...Tale of Twin Brothers!! / Tears Of A Widow: Due Process Advocates Wades Into Chioma Odilinye's Pathetic Ca

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.