Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,481 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:03 PM

Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons (38984 Views)

Children Of Today Don't Even Know That In Our Days You Could Be Beaten / 4 Children Of Same Parents Who Died Same Day Buried In Abia (Pictures) / Why Children Of Strict Parents Turn Out To Be Worse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by Explorers(m): 7:09pm On Dec 05, 2021
1. Crying too long after being beaten.

2. Not crying after being beaten.

3. Crying without being beaten.

4. Standing where elders are sitting.

5. Sitting while elders are standing.

6. Walking around aimlessly where elders are seated.

7. Eating food prepared for visitors.

8. Refusing to eat.

9. Coming back home after sunset.

10. Eating at the neighbour's home.

11. Generally being too moody.

12. Generally being too excited.

13. Losing a fight with older age mate.

14. Winning a fight with your age mate.

15. Eating too slowly.

16. Eating too quickly.

17. Eating too much.

18. Not finishing your food.

19. Finishing your food and Scraping your plate.

20. Eating and talking.

21. Eating your meat before finishing the food.

22. Dropping oil on your clothes while eating.

23. When you eat your launch before 2:00pm.

24. Sleeping while the elders in the house have already woken up.

25. Dragging your feet while walking.

26. Stumbling and falling while walking

27. Looking at the visitors while they are eating.

28. Looking at an elder eye ball to eye ball.

29. When an elder is talking to you and you blink.

30. When an elder is talking to you and you stare and not blink.

31. When you look at an elder through the corner of your eye.

32. When your mates are playing street football and you join them.

33. When your mates are playing and you don’t join them.

34. When you don't wash your dish after eating.

35. When you wash your dish improperly.

36. When you almost break your dish.

37. When you break your dish.

38. When you bite your nails.

39. When you don't bathe.

40. When you bathe too quickly.

41. When you take too long to bathe.

42. When you take too much toothpaste on your brush.

43. When you’re beaten in school for misbehaving.

44. When a car almost knocks you down.

45. When a car knocks you down and you don’t die.

46. For not answering when spoken to.

47. For answering back when spoken to.

48. Beaten for going to Church or Mosque late.

49. Beaten for borrowing shoe/wears from friends.

50. Greeting/prostrating with only one hand or hands not touching the ground. Ladies going on one knee.

51. Misplacing your pencil, biro, erazer, sharpener or mathematical set in school.

52. Misplacing your Songs of Praise(SOP).

53. Misplacing your Brighter Grammer.

54. Writing on your textbook or coming home with torn textbooks or notebooks.

55. Coming back home with dirty, rough uniform/socks and damaged sandals.

56. Sending you on errands and you stay too long.

57. Sending you on errands and you forgot what you're asked to buy, or you bought something different, or you broke the egg or poured the grind pepper away on the way.

58. Going to neighbors room&parlour to watch TV.

59. Going to a girl's house to ask after her from her Dad/mum sitting outside in the evening. You've killed her.

60. Sleeping in the Living room.

502 Likes 48 Shares

Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by Explorers(m): 7:09pm On Dec 05, 2021
A lady was correcting a her daughter(5-6years) and the girl was like 'sssshhhh' to her mum, meaning keep quiet.

My neighbors kids goes to school with atleast 5 pencils weekly.

That age, you need to show my dad your pencil/biro everyday. Failure to do so, you lie down on the centre table.

When i was in secondary school, moving to higher class, my dad will you give text books previously used by elder bro/sis. He will just tipex the First&Middle name, leaving the surname.

He's going to document all the textbooks given to you, so that when you're promoted to another class, you will also handover the textbooks you used for that session back to him. He will be ticking.

Also you will be given a pack of 60leaves note books + 5pens.

When you need another notebook or pen, you must show the exhausted ones.

358 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by Ryda(m): 7:10pm On Dec 05, 2021
How time flies

61. Not brushing before breakfast
62. Brushing after breakfast
63. The opposite gender comes visiting
64. Arrive late when sent on errand
65. Getting the wrong goods when sent on errand
66. Asking rhetoric questions
67. Complaint during PTA
68. Not wanting to take meds when sick
69. Watching TV late night
70. Messing up your uniform, even though its not your fault
71. Losing a button on your school uniform
72. Having a tear on your uniform
73. Receiving gifts from neighbours
74. Watching movies at the neighbours
75. Calling your name twice and no response
76. Coming home late after school
77. Beat you for crying out loud
78. Beat you for not crying out loud
79. Gallivanting for being too happy

Explorers you're absolutely correct
Kudos!

196 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by MufasaLion: 7:10pm On Dec 05, 2021
Things have changed. The world has evolved.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by ShaqFu: 7:12pm On Dec 05, 2021
Hmmm.

2 Likes

Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by Skiloloplc(m): 7:13pm On Dec 05, 2021
My dear, no be small thing o.

When you too cry, they will give you more, for you to cry more

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by heniford2: 7:14pm On Dec 05, 2021
Hahaha grin things has really change

7 Likes

Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by Explorers(m): 7:15pm On Dec 05, 2021

2 Likes

Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by Nobody: 7:15pm On Dec 05, 2021
Chop beating when you drink water before eating

chop beating when you drink water during your meal session

chop beating when you drink too much water after eating then throw up

88 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by Malory: 7:17pm On Dec 05, 2021
When you fart

20 Likes

Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by floss(m): 7:19pm On Dec 05, 2021
Front Page material please....Op is very very correct.

8 Likes

Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by viyon02: 7:24pm On Dec 05, 2021
Back in those days when discipline and smartness is the key words to success, and not thuggery and immorality we celebrate today.

91 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by KiNg0G: 7:27pm On Dec 05, 2021
I can very much relate

but right now 15years boy dey on his second key!
who won beat am?

6 Likes

Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by SportsHD: 7:28pm On Dec 05, 2021
viyon02:
Back in those days when discipline and smartness is the key words to success, and not thuggery and immorality we celebrate today.
Even some of those who were extremely disciplined back then still ended up bad.

It was moderate then. Now, it's worse! School kids are cultists, kids are smoking colorado, everyone is on the fast money lane, standards are getting fuvcked everyday, there's law but no justice. And lastly, fuvck the police.

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by Nobody: 7:30pm On Dec 05, 2021
Skiloloplc:
My dear, no be small thing o.

When you too cry, they will give you more, for you to cry more

really funny i swear!
how you spank a crying kid just to make the kid stop crying.. Parenting atimes nobi small thing

6 Likes

Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by chariisGRACE(m): 7:31pm On Dec 05, 2021
Uncle Goodman, my primary 4 teacher back then in Primary school. After screaming for the owners of the names on the list of 'names of noise makers' to come out to the front of the class (I was among them of course).

Gifting us six strokes each on the palm. The girls and some boys that where not in the 'strong man' gang collected their own strokes, not without returning some screams of pain back to uncle Goodman.

For us the strong men, after investing six strokes of his cane on our palms with no ROI (crying), Uncle Goodman still flogged us for not crying.

When we cried, he still flogged us for crying.

88 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 05, 2021
First to do, e no dey pain, second to do, he eye dey red! cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by Timekeeper: 7:37pm On Dec 05, 2021
True life story...

So sad Dt butty of now missed so much

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by Officialhorlah(m): 7:38pm On Dec 05, 2021
E don tey since wey this life no balance grin grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by vinceyinnovation: 7:39pm On Dec 05, 2021
Those days were the"Beating Age"...

Now it is spoiling age... since parents started to spare the rod due to excessive pressing of phone and snapping picture.

It is said "People buy things they don't need with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like"

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by Riverville(m): 7:41pm On Dec 05, 2021
Nor be small thing...

1 Like

Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by Lastpharoah33: 7:43pm On Dec 05, 2021
To be brought up in Nigeria (esp in 80/90's) can be likened to being drilled in a barrack.

The day I came back late from oga minister game shop( when ps2 was the bomb), me that left home for school since morning was coming back around 10pm.

Wetin I see for my mama hand that day ehnn..

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by Treasure17(m): 7:45pm On Dec 05, 2021
Undiluted truth but things are evolving now. You can't raise kids that way anymore.

5 Likes

Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by cassidy1996(m): 7:52pm On Dec 05, 2021
All these just to make you a better person

3 Likes

Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by tillaman(m): 8:09pm On Dec 05, 2021
angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by meextassy: 8:14pm On Dec 05, 2021
hahahaha
Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by jospepper(m): 8:14pm On Dec 05, 2021
Childhood was great!

3 Likes

Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by Optimistguy1969: 8:19pm On Dec 05, 2021
Op forgot FLYING OF KITE.

Why?

21 Likes

Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by Gentle034(m): 8:25pm On Dec 05, 2021
Time flies faster than Aero

1 Like

Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 05, 2021
I remember the day my dad gave me a resounding slap.

He woke me up as he was preparing for work very early in the morning. So I wasn't happy. I stood before him, looking into his eyes with anger, as he was assigning me some duties to do after school. The next thing I heard was "ta"! On my cheek.

That was the last I looked into his eyes when he's talking.

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by iamyemiakins(m): 8:36pm On Dec 05, 2021
Mercychen:
The day my dad
Did what
Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by Pinkzebra: 9:30pm On Dec 05, 2021
But we were abused in all of these just because we are kids and we do not have true relationship with our parents .
We felt humiliated, we hated our parents. This unnecessary beating is responsible for the high rate.of dysfunctional adults we have . We carry this burden of guilt and not knowing how to love truly or maintain healthy relationship with people .

Today I discipline my kids and do not beat them for every 'error' I mostly admonish and it works and we have close relationship. We the millennials guide and discipline in understanding while still maintaining good relationship with our kids .

Our parents do not seek to understand they themselves are broken so they try to fix their own brokenness by breaking us even. The cycle continues , but a new breed of parents are cropping up. But we must create a balance for we can break a child when scolding and discipline is absent for "allowing " a child to do whatever all in a bid to show love and understanding is dangerous in itself.

75 Likes 13 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos Of A Man's Dirty House Got Twitter Users Arguing / Mother & Daughter Born On Same Month & Date Celebrate Birthday (Photos) / Never Go Into A Relationship Without Being Stable In Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.