Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,992 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

Governor Aregbesola Evacuates 70 Marooned Corps Members - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Aregbesola Evacuates 70 Marooned Corps Members (964 Views)

Police Evacuates Civil-War Bomb In Enugu (photo) / Breaking News!!! Governor Aregbesola Wins At Election Tribunal » / Citizens-Centred Diplomacy: FG Evacuates 1,277 Nigerians From War-Torn CAR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Aregbesola Evacuates 70 Marooned Corps Members by Nobody: 8:15pm On Apr 23, 2011
Following the directive of the Osun State Governor, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, 70 out of about 200 marooned corps members who are indigenes of the state in crisis-ridden northern states have been evacuated home.

The corps members who were trapped in crisis-torn states were successfully brought home by a task force set up by Governor Aregbesola and headed by the Speaker of the State House of Assembly, Hon. Adejare Bello.

The returning corps members were welcomed back home on the premises of the Osun State parliament by the Speaker who lamented the appalling conditions under which the corps members lived before they were evacuated.

Receiving the returnees, Hon. Adejare Bello described the step taken by the Aregbesola administration as a demonstration of its sustained interest in the welfare of the people irrespective of where they reside within or outside the country.

Overwhelmed by the travails of the corps members, Adejare decried the crisis which he blamed on do-or-die politics and advised politicians to adopt the spirit of sportsmanship in their private and public conduct.

Decrying the negative impact of extremism in politics, Adejare noted that while his political party platform is different from that of Governor Aregbesola, party differences should be set aside from to serve the people maximally.

“Just this morning, I told the Governor that you are ACN while I am PDP. Politics is not supposed to be a do-or-die affair. Every Nigerian must show sportsmanship. If you lose today, you can win tomorrow”, the Speaker declared.

He told the gathering of people at the reception programme that “as you are seeing them, they (corps members), they have not taken their bath for several days now. We just brought them back from Bauchi to the Osun State House of Assembly”.

The Speaker explained that Governor Aregebsola has approved the release of funds for the settlement of the corps members in their various family homes.

Responding on behalf of the returning corps members, Dr. Abiodun lauded Governor Aregbesola for being the first Governor to show concern for marooned members of National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) in the north.

“What Governor Aregbesola has done has made us proud to be indigenes of Osun State. He has made us proud as he was the first to show concern for welfare of corps members in the crisis in the north”, stated the spokesman who also pleaded that the remaining in the north.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=15452

Re: Governor Aregbesola Evacuates 70 Marooned Corps Members by Nobody: 8:15pm On Apr 23, 2011
The corps members who were trapped in crisis-torn states were successfully brought home by a task force set up by Governor Aregbesola and headed by the Speaker of the State House of Assembly, Hon. Adejare Bello.

If Nigeria's govt will not protect us, we'll protect ourselves.
Re: Governor Aregbesola Evacuates 70 Marooned Corps Members by Odunnu: 8:17pm On Apr 23, 2011
Laudable
Re: Governor Aregbesola Evacuates 70 Marooned Corps Members by jason123: 8:22pm On Apr 23, 2011
This is how real leaders are meant to respond. I doff my hat for the SW. Can't wait for the remaining governors in the South to do the same. The earlier, the better for southerners.
Re: Governor Aregbesola Evacuates 70 Marooned Corps Members by seanet02: 8:28pm On Apr 23, 2011
This is the Real leaders we need not Dimwits like[b] Akala, OGD, Ohakim and Theordor OrJi[/b]
Re: Governor Aregbesola Evacuates 70 Marooned Corps Members by Nobody: 8:30pm On Apr 23, 2011
seanet02:

This is the Real leaders we need not Dimwits like[b] Akala, OGD, Ohakim and Theordor OrJi[/b]

Dont mind Akala. . . .  his end is coming sooner than he anticipated!
I hope the ppl of Oyo have smartened up.
Re: Governor Aregbesola Evacuates 70 Marooned Corps Members by Nobody: 8:32pm On Apr 23, 2011
jason123:

This is how real leaders are meant to respond. I doff my hat for the SW. Can't wait for the remaining governors in the South to do the same. The earlier, the better for southerners.

Yes o! smiley
Re: Governor Aregbesola Evacuates 70 Marooned Corps Members by olawalebabs(m): 8:35pm On Apr 23, 2011
Truly this governor has the interest of his people at heart. After the wonder he perform in creating job in his first 100 days in office, ogbeni, i doff my cap
Re: Governor Aregbesola Evacuates 70 Marooned Corps Members by Dede1(m): 8:37pm On Apr 23, 2011
@OP

This is an absolute waste of Internet bandwidth. Osun State does not have able-bodied men on its staff talk less of militia. What task force if I may ask?

I can not comprehend these worthless and extroverted tendencies such as turning provision of mere transport fees into task force management. Most every obscure state broadcast fee allowances extended to NYSC members from the state?

I do not even think Osun State has any visible authority over issues within  NYSC.
Re: Governor Aregbesola Evacuates 70 Marooned Corps Members by blacksta(m): 8:39pm On Apr 23, 2011
Mumu gej is still waiting until every corper are killed then we can reperiate dead bodies
Re: Governor Aregbesola Evacuates 70 Marooned Corps Members by Nobody: 8:41pm On Apr 23, 2011
olawalebab:

Truly this governor has the interest of his people at heart. After the wonder he perform in creating job in his first 100 days in office, ogbeni, i doff my cap

Simply Laudable.

I hope 130/200 corps members were not harmed.

blacksta:

Mumu gej is still waiting until every corper are killed then we can reperiate dead bodies

Still wondering when something will be done in the North.

There goes the bread crumbs of Nigeria, slowly breaking away.
Re: Governor Aregbesola Evacuates 70 Marooned Corps Members by Dede1(m): 8:41pm On Apr 23, 2011
seanet02:

You and the so-called adorable Ekiti dame are on impeccable roll today. It has been one laughable crap from you followed by another.
Re: Governor Aregbesola Evacuates 70 Marooned Corps Members by adino(m): 5:52am On Apr 24, 2011
cross river state sent planes to all northern states to pick their corpers as far back as monday last week, making them the first to respond. I commend osun state,but I wonder what fashola is doing. The guy is campaining and busy sharing rice and money for lagos voters while lagos corpers are abandoned.Fashola is becomin too desperate to my liking. Oshiomole is also speaking grammar everywhere while edo corpers are left to their fate.
Re: Governor Aregbesola Evacuates 70 Marooned Corps Members by Nobody: 6:43am On Apr 24, 2011
adino:

cross river state sent planes to all northern states to pick their corpers as far back as monday last week, making them the first to respond. I commend osun state,but I wonder what fashola is doing. The guy is campaining and busy sharing rice and money for lagos voters while lagos corpers are abandoned.Fashola is becomin too desperate to my liking. Oshiomole is also speaking grammar everywhere while edo corpers are left to their fate.

Why are you wondering what Fashola is doing?

When did CR evacuate anybody? Source?
Re: Governor Aregbesola Evacuates 70 Marooned Corps Members by juman(m): 1:51pm On Apr 24, 2011
This is good.

ACN is the answer.
Re: Governor Aregbesola Evacuates 70 Marooned Corps Members by olawalebabs(m): 4:16pm On Apr 24, 2011
Wetin concern ACN with this matter
Re: Governor Aregbesola Evacuates 70 Marooned Corps Members by edoyad(m): 4:27pm On Apr 24, 2011
This is what the F G should have done ages ago, instead that rubbish Tsiga goes about spreading lies how corpers are safe.
Re: Governor Aregbesola Evacuates 70 Marooned Corps Members by olawalebabs(m): 5:08pm On Apr 24, 2011
edoyad:

This is what the F G should have done ages ago, instead that rubbish Tsiga goes about spreading lies how corpers are safe.
he has authorized Bauchi corp member to leave now
Re: Governor Aregbesola Evacuates 70 Marooned Corps Members by Arosa(m): 5:15pm On Apr 24, 2011
Other mumu governors are still scratching their heads, they don't know what to do. Show them the way sir Aregbesola angry
Re: Governor Aregbesola Evacuates 70 Marooned Corps Members by dayokanu(m): 5:34pm On Apr 24, 2011
adino:

How many Northern states have airport that these planes can land to pick people.

I would prefer the govt sending like 1-2 luxurious buses per Northern state and each bus accompanied by Soldiers
Re: Governor Aregbesola Evacuates 70 Marooned Corps Members by olawalebabs(m): 7:21pm On Apr 24, 2011
dayokanu:

How many Northern states have airport that these planes can land to pick people.

I would prefer the govt sending like 1-2 luxurious buses per Northern state and each bus accompanied by Soldiers
what do you take the north to be? Where did the plane that take them to mekkah land abeg no dey feed us with what you dont know.
Re: Governor Aregbesola Evacuates 70 Marooned Corps Members by dayokanu(m): 6:31am On Apr 25, 2011
AFAIK, there are no airports in Yobe, Zamfara, Jigawa, Kebbi, Gombe, So how do you want to evacuate Corpers in those states
Re: Governor Aregbesola Evacuates 70 Marooned Corps Members by juman(m): 10:23am On Apr 25, 2011
Gov. Aregbesola is a governor that knows what he is doing.

An action governor.

ACN is the answer.

(1) (Reply)

Bin Laden Dead?!?!?!?! / White People Have A Right To Be Racist / Andy Uba's Fake Credentials Resurface At Anambra Election Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.