Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,919 members, 7,835,068 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? (24784 Views)

How Do You Respond To "What Interests You About This Job?" / How To Respond To The Question "Why Do You Want This Job?" In An Interview / How Can I Respond To "Do You Have Any Specific Access Requirements"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by gud4vvvvv: 11:13am On May 01, 2021
why should you lie that work is fine while you are no longer working? just say the truth.
Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by Jimmy231: 11:14am On May 01, 2021
Ask him wish work
Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by stubbornman(m): 11:14am On May 01, 2021
Akwamkpuruamu:
Work is fine!
We bless God!!

Exactly my kind of answer ,wether I am working or not.
Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by Hideki(m): 11:23am On May 01, 2021
starbuck:
I hardly engage in long discussions..

I will tell you 'Fine' and waka undecided undecided

I can remember someone asking me about my late mom because he wasn't aware that she was late, responded 'She is fine' and went about my business..

He later found out about it and was angry with me, I no even look his face
where is the sense in what you did?
Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by pikechukwu6(m): 11:24am On May 01, 2021
Thanks God but am currently not working with them any longer.
Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by SeriouslySense(m): 11:37am On May 01, 2021
is true sha, you are right, they can gossip, that time they could have used it to improve something or learn something. cheesy cheesy cheesy
derbykol:
Na gossip cause am o.
Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by Depressed101: 11:41am On May 01, 2021
hilltop007:
Just say the truth. The person may be the one that will refer you to a new job.
bad advice
.. If you need work go look for work
Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by Depressed101: 11:42am On May 01, 2021
chillybrandy:
For close pals or family tell the truth that you're no longer working, respond with fine for acquaintances.
wise woman
Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by johnnychuks(m): 11:53am On May 01, 2021
SeriouslySense:
cheesy exactly you got it 100 percent, this was one of the things i thought about, and realized i was wrong to consider total honesty, especially those ones that sit on the street, and have a good day chatting about everyone else and have nothing to improve about themselves. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Just imagine jobless people, who have no goals, haggling about your issues cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.

Is not like they can help or are trying to help, they are just bored. Neither does it concern them or have any impact on them.

God will see us through, from the hand of bad people, that will disguise in the name of help to mock us.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by Calicoe: 11:57am On May 01, 2021
Oga I no get work again. Which one is work is fine? This is the same with someone acting like he's rich whereas he ain't got no dime thereby missing out on someone who might help him. Na who get work dey answer work is fine. Maybe others can pretend o but not me. I tell you how it is for me. Laugh at me if you want but as long as I've not come to beg you for anything, your laughter can't do sh*t to but rather motivate me
Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by Onemind9: 12:01pm On May 01, 2021
Work is fine (if I still have it)

But if not

To friend :- U see work for my hand !!

To others :- Na house we dey now oo my person
Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by FLYFIRE(m): 12:48pm On May 01, 2021
You can say...Fine, I`m in between jobs
Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by IAMPEDRO: 12:51pm On May 01, 2021
Emmadoc:
When you are not or no longer working, and somebody asks you how is your work.

How do you reply them?

Do you say, work is fine or you just tell them plainly that you are no longer working?

I find the answers both awkward
I'm believing God for a new way
Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by gentleibraheem(m): 12:53pm On May 01, 2021
the Truth would always set you free
Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by Omoluabiii(m): 1:18pm On May 01, 2021
Life is short,
when you have no job, and you wish to get one,
and someone ask you, how is work, bro, open up, you never knew when help might come from...
But when you keep saying, fine, fine, and its not fine.
You re limiting your chances....
Open up, and say, im searching for job...
And before you tell hundred people, trust me, something will come up

1 Like

Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by makanma(f): 1:20pm On May 01, 2021
My hubby being dey always tackle me....say if anyone ask me "how market?" I should say fine....one day this guy enter our shop... I've not sold anything since morning....he asked me how market.... since I don't know how to lie...I said... market bad....he said eiyaa...that it's well....he said he has gone to other shops and gotten prices of things he wants to buy.... some have even written invoice give him....he said since I never sell...let him buy from me.... he ended up buying goods worth a million plus....so please always say the truth about your career state.... you might be speaking to a Messiah
Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by Omoboy(m): 1:25pm On May 01, 2021
Just say I am between contracts at the moment.
Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by hardon1(m): 1:38pm On May 01, 2021
Nigerian ppl sef, " work is fine my foot"... Me I have changed that mentality

I will simply tell the person am no longer working. I am jobless!. Its either he/she will laugh you, tell you 'eeya', or console . none one these will take anything away from you

Don't deceive yourself. you don't wwhere tour help will come from
Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by mrkia(m): 1:40pm On May 01, 2021
We thank Gooooooooooooooduoooooooooo. :PYou make sure you prolong the word " God" to forestall him asking any other questions....
Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by spiceadole: 2:08pm On May 01, 2021
I'm jobless.
We move!
Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by femi4: 2:45pm On May 01, 2021
Emmadoc:

How do you reply them?

Do you say, work is fine or you just tell them plainly that you are no longer working?

looking for work is work itself. So, work is fine
Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by samuelevans(m): 2:46pm On May 01, 2021
Someone seeking for admission, they will ask u, how school? an undergraduate, they will ask u, you never still finish school, Omo please just tell them, school is fine and undergraduate tell them you have finish to avoid further conversations or questions... naso i take dey scope them until i finish school ooh, but such questions they make ajebo burst into crying.
Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by 1F30M4(f): 2:50pm On May 01, 2021
Dah wan sef dey.. Hwfa you na wink
Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by ofiko123(m): 3:43pm On May 01, 2021
We give thanks to the Almighty God...
Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by walteriyke: 4:31pm On May 01, 2021
Depend on who asked if na governor or one odogwu na Cyprus ask me men I go conner the person
Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by Richthekid: 5:39pm On May 01, 2021
Hmmm
Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by LordFarquaad(m): 8:02pm On May 01, 2021
Emmadoc:

How do you reply them?

Where you listening to Nigeria info pH with Constance mega this morning?
Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by frozen70(f): 9:36pm On May 01, 2021
Emmadoc:

How do you reply them?

Simply say we thank God

No one cares if you are working or not and no need to explain to them because they won't understand
Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by Nobody: 10:11am On May 02, 2021
I'm in-between jobs for now. The truth is nobody cares, when I graduated and I was job searching thought when you open up to guys they will be of help but unknowingly I was only pushing them away. Most times I acts as if all is well.

In Nigeria, a problem shared isn't a problem half solved. Is everyone knowing your business and losing your self-respect.
Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by Nobody: 10:17am On May 02, 2021
Omoluabiii:
Life is short,
when you have no job, and you wish to get one,
and someone ask you, how is work, bro, open up, you never knew when help might come from...
But when you keep saying, fine, fine, and its not fine.
You re limiting your chances....
Open up, and say, im searching for job...
And before you tell hundred people, trust me, something will come up

Baba dem non they help, I have been there. I was telling every Tom, Dick, and Harry for 4 years then I realised omoh I am on my own. I knew job will be difficult to get from my IT days.
Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by Nobody: 10:19am On May 02, 2021
youngblaq:
You nor sabi say...even simple "how are you?" sef dey awkward to answer sometimes when person nor dey fine.
But man gas avoid see finish na.
If dem ask you say "how work?" Tell dem "work dey fine"..and you thank your God shikena. Na everybody sabi where shoe dey pinch dem for leg abg.

Even the person when they ask, know wetin they play.
Re: How Do You Respond To This Kind Of Question? by Godson32(m): 11:56am On May 02, 2021
Both are nice depending on the person that asked the question

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? / Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business / Nigerian Airforce Text Message For Shortlisted Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.