Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,576 members, 7,820,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

Namfav Wanted Here! - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Namfav Wanted Here! (4393 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Namfav Wanted Here! by namfav(m): 9:04am On Apr 29, 2011
THE AMAKA:

you mean three legit nigerian-americans as in only 3 that are born in America to Nigerian parents? you can't be serious.
ehhhhhhh, well most people don't know I'm Nigerian or African unless they hear my name or I personally tell them, cause i don't have the stereotypical look, i guess.

as for your second question, not 100% sure yet, but it will be biology-related. but then again, i think i wanna relocate to naija, and going into the medical field would NOT be a good thing, cause we know how messed up the health care system in Nigeria is.

sooooo, what do you look like (detail please)? cheesy
*this is for you OAM4J!*

only 3 to be honest, i couldn't even tell they were african because they had that american accent, 1 is at my university, 2 i met at a place i go and hang out

what do i look like, i'm 6ft1 and lean, hooded eyes many people think i smoke because of my eyes, generally i guess if i tell someone from nigeria where i'm from they will most probably tell just by looking at me, how about you tongue
Re: Namfav Wanted Here! by THEAMAKA(f): 9:27am On Apr 29, 2011
you left out some stuff. too vague, abeg tongue
okay

I'm 5'1'', heavy-set, big belly, arms, legs, face, 3 roles on my neck, a thick mustache, big forehead, crooked, yellow, teeth, and shaved-drawn on eyebrows cheesy grin

jk
I'm 5'8'', slim/petite, i guess you can say close set or deep set eyes(brown), small nose, average sized lips, and shoulder length hair (dark brown)

and did you say only three? i thought you said you were in new york and texas. you should have at least met 20 by now.
Re: Namfav Wanted Here! by namfav(m): 9:47am On Apr 29, 2011
THE AMAKA:

you left out some stuff. too vague, abeg tongue
okay

I'm 5'1'', heavy-set, big belly, arms, legs, face, 3 roles on my neck, a thick mustache, big forehead, crooked, yellow, teeth, and shaved-drawn on eyebrows cheesy grin

jk
I'm 5'8'', slim/petite, i guess you can say close set or deep set eyes(brown), small nose, average sized lips, and shoulder length hair (dark brown)

and did you say only three? i thought you said you were in new york and texas. you should have at least met 20 by now.

haha

i have full lips and a small pointy nose, brown eyes also with high cheekbones. yes only 3 born in america, the ones i come across are usually born in nigeria and are probably more than 10 cheesy, do you have an american accent tongue
Re: Namfav Wanted Here! by THEAMAKA(f): 9:56am On Apr 29, 2011
namfav:

haha

i have full lips and a small pointy nose, brown eyes also with high cheekbones. yes only 3 born in america, the ones i come across are usually born in nigeria and are probably more than 10 cheesy, do you have an american accent tongue
full lips you say? shocked grin when i was in Nigeria, they regard anyone with a small nose or a pointy one as having oyinbo noses. even though many do, they believe its sooo oyinbo, i was like wtf? i have a small nose, not oyinbo nose. but i guess i can't blame them. lol
Yes I have an American accent, a California one to be specific.
so what is your skin like? are you brown or dark with a red undertone? or are you yellow? or? . . .
Re: Namfav Wanted Here! by namfav(m): 10:17am On Apr 29, 2011
THE AMAKA:

full lips you say? shocked grin when i was in Nigeria, they regard anyone with a small nose or a pointy one as having oyinbo noses. even though many do, they believe its sooo oyinbo, i was like wtf? i have a small nose, not oyinbo nose. but i guess i can't blame them. lol
Yes I have an American accent, a California one to be specific.
so what is your skin like? are you brown or dark with a red undertone? or are you yellow? or? . . .

lol yes, you will come across some people who will say "i have an oyinbo nose", many black people have different types of noses, you don't find a japanese who says he has a oyinbo nose hehe
aha, a pure american accent or is there a little nigerian flavour in there, the africans i know who are born in america their accent has no trace of african you won't even know they have direct african heritage lol

i don't know my skin type haha, it's more something like nuhu ribadu if i have to compare, you? are you brown?
Re: Namfav Wanted Here! by THEAMAKA(f): 10:37am On Apr 29, 2011
dark skinned with a red-ish undertone is what you have. kinda what i expected.
exactly, Africans have all types of noses, so i don't understand why many have bought into the white man's idea of oyinbo nose, black nose, etc. many white people have pig noses, does that mean they all have "black" noses? lol. some people will not kill me sef. maybe our next generation will be more enlightened.

I have no trace of Naija in my accent. American through and through.
Naw, I'm not brown. I'm light skinned with a yellow undertone. very typical, lol

what are you doing up so late? huh? at 3:30 in the morning? lol
Re: Namfav Wanted Here! by namfav(m): 10:48am On Apr 29, 2011
THE AMAKA:

dark skinned with a red-ish undertone is what you have. kinda what i expected.
exactly, Africans have all types of noses, so i don't understand why many have bought into the white man's idea of oyinbo nose, black nose, etc. many white people have pig noses, does that mean they all have "black" noses? lol. some people will not kill me sef. maybe our next generation will be more enlightened.

I have no trace of Naija in my accent. American through and through.
Naw, I'm not brown. I'm light skinned with a yellow undertone. very typical, lol

what are you doing up so late? huh? at 3:30 in the morning? lol
ok thanks, next time someone ask i will say dark skin with a redish undertone tongue

haha true, there is not even something like a black nose, just look at malaysians and indonesians. so you grew up with african americans i can think that is the most probable way you can have an american one through and through

what am i doing up so late? i'm planning my day, just browsing and reading my book, you
Re: Namfav Wanted Here! by CrudeOil2(m): 11:31am On Apr 29, 2011
What da hell?
Re: Namfav Wanted Here! by OAM4J: 8:02pm On Apr 29, 2011
Crude Oil:

What da hell?

hey crude oil, no intruder. this is a very very serious thread.

History is about to be made after all the North/South wahala, we are witnessing the beginning of a new Nigeria: the union of a Katsina Prince and an Imo Princess.

[b]Suggestion:[/b]I think both of you should upload new, clean, clear and your finest profile pictures, so we are clear of all that descriptions, before moving to a new chapter.

Continue!
Re: Namfav Wanted Here! by Odunnu: 8:04pm On Apr 29, 2011
Royal wedding?
Re: Namfav Wanted Here! by OAM4J: 8:09pm On Apr 29, 2011
Odunnu:

Royal wedding?

You are in the Spirit Odunnu, except that I expect theirs to be bigger than William & Kate's wedding, I also expect their story to be richer and more interesting than the of Romeo and Juliet wink
Re: Namfav Wanted Here! by Odunnu: 8:11pm On Apr 29, 2011
Lol!
Only in Naija!
Re: Namfav Wanted Here! by Scooby1(m): 10:10pm On Apr 29, 2011
Nairaland royal wedding!

cant wait for the duke and duchess of nairaland grin grin grin
Re: Namfav Wanted Here! by CrudeOil2(m): 1:42am On Apr 30, 2011
OAM4J:

hey crude oil, no intruder. this is a very very serious thread.

History is about to be made after all the North/South wahala, we are witnessing  the beginning of a new Nigeria: the union of a Katsina Prince and an Imo Princess.

Suggestion:I think both of you should upload new, clean, clear and your finest profile pictures, so we are clear of all that descriptions, before moving to a new chapter.

Continue!

Vehemently seconded!
Amaka take note.
Re: Namfav Wanted Here! by THEAMAKA(f): 10:43am On Apr 30, 2011
lol

namfav:

ok thanks, next time someone ask i will say dark skin with a redish undertone tongue

haha true, there is not even something like a black nose, just look at malaysians and indonesians. so you grew up with african americans i can think that is the most probable way you can have an american one through and through

what am i doing up so late? i'm planning my day, just browsing and reading my book, you
when you say African Americans, you are referring to those whose ancestors were slaves? or? there is a such thing with an American accent through and through, although it does differ from region to region.
people from Louisiana have a distinct accent same with Texas, California, Midwest, Brooklyn, New Jersey, etc.
Re: Namfav Wanted Here! by namfav(m): 10:49am On Apr 30, 2011
THE AMAKA:

when you say African Americans, you are referring to those whose ancestors were slaves? or? there is a such thing with an American accent through and through, although it does differ from region to region.
people from Louisiana have a distinct accent same with Texas, California, Midwest, Brooklyn, New Jersey, etc.

yes i mean the ones who don't have direct african ancestry, did you grow up with them? yes i understand there are different accents, but for me it is difficult to pick up i also hang out with alot of african americans but it was difficult for me to pick up even though they are from different states
Re: Namfav Wanted Here! by THEAMAKA(f): 10:56am On Apr 30, 2011
namfav:

yes i mean the ones who don't have direct african ancestry, did you grow up with them? yes i understand there are different accents, but for me it is difficult to pick up i also hang out with alot of african americans but it was difficult for me to pick up even though they are from different states
grow up with them? not really. but were they always around, yes. i was born and raised here, thats why.
Re: Namfav Wanted Here! by namfav(m): 11:03am On Apr 30, 2011
THE AMAKA:

grow up with them? not really. but were they always around, yes. i was born and raised here, thats why.

how many times do you go to nigeria? is it anually or something, you will probably miss america if you do plan to live in nigeria permanently because you were born and raised there and i assume you have alot of your friends in america also but i guess it will be easy to also go to america once a while because you are a citizen there also
Re: Namfav Wanted Here! by THEAMAKA(f): 11:20am On Apr 30, 2011
namfav:

how many times do you go to nigeria? is it anually or something, you will probably miss america if you do plan to live in nigeria permanently because you were born and raised there and i assume you have alot of your friends in america also but i guess it will be easy to also go to america once a while because you are a citizen there also
i really don't know. I wanna live and work in a lot of places. i kinda get antsy if I'm in one place for too long. i have this need to "explore" i guess.
usually once every other year for about 6-7 weeks.
I guess I can stay and work here though, but visit annually.
Re: Namfav Wanted Here! by namfav(m): 11:33am On Apr 30, 2011
THE AMAKA:

i really don't know. I wanna live and work in a lot of places. i kinda get antsy if I'm in one place for too long. i have this need to "explore" i guess.
usually once every other year for about 6-7 weeks.
I guess I can stay and work here though, but visit annually.
that's good, you are up early in the morning tongue
do you do sports? my lecturer always says that active people are earliest in the morning
Re: Namfav Wanted Here! by THEAMAKA(f): 11:39am On Apr 30, 2011
namfav:

that's good, you are up early in the morning tongue
do you do sports? my lecturer always says that active people are earliest in the morning
hahahahaha no. i came in around 10 pm and slept until 2 am and then work up, got bored, and came to Nairaland.
so how do you like Colarado? is there much to do there? is the snow killing you? how about friends?
Re: Namfav Wanted Here! by namfav(m): 11:47am On Apr 30, 2011
THE AMAKA:

hahahahaha no. i came in around 10 pm and slept until 2 am and then work up, got bored, and came to Nairaland.
so how do you like Colarado? is there much to do there? is the snow killing you? how about friends?

haha, interesting routine,
colorado is okay, a bit boring but i got used to it, there is alot to do actually, there is a spot i go and hang out almost every month and i get to meet up with alot of africans and we just talk but there are better states of course, yes i have a number of good friends, mostly african american, they helped me adjust lol, so far here in my area i don't get to meet alot of africans i just know 2 who i speak to but in aurora i get to see alot of africans but it is generally okay, i guess tongue
Re: Namfav Wanted Here! by THEAMAKA(f): 11:57am On Apr 30, 2011
namfav:

haha, interesting routine,
colorado is okay, a bit boring but i got used to it, there is alot to do actually, there is a spot i go and hang out almost every month and i get to meet up with alot of africans and we just talk but there are better states of course, yes i have a number of good friends, mostly african american, they helped me adjust lol, so far here in my area i don't get to meet alot of africans i just know 2 who i speak to but in aurora i get to see alot of africans but it is generally okay, i guess tongue
hahahaha, interesting. the only thing I know about Colorado is Denver and Aspen. so when you're done with school, do you plan on staying here or going back to Nigeria?
Re: Namfav Wanted Here! by namfav(m): 12:05pm On Apr 30, 2011
THE AMAKA:

hahahaha, interesting. the only thing I know about Colorado is Denver and Aspen. so when you're done with school, do you plan on staying here or going back to Nigeria?

i actually stay in denver lol. it depends, i may consider getting some form of experience for a year or 2 and go then back, part of me wants to gain experience before going back to be honest, how is california? do you consider it the best state in america?
Re: Namfav Wanted Here! by ifyalways(f): 12:38pm On Apr 30, 2011
Nice thread.

Reminds me of Toyosi1 and N-guage . . .

Dayokanu,Be a good sport and fish out that thread,will ya  cheesy
Re: Namfav Wanted Here! by CrudeOil2(m): 12:51pm On Apr 30, 2011
This namfav dude, if not for the fact that you look like my cousin, I would hunted your arse all around denver. You are lucky.
Re: Namfav Wanted Here! by THEAMAKA(f): 3:20pm On Apr 30, 2011
namfav:

i actually stay in denver lol. it depends, i may consider getting some form of experience for a year or 2 and go then back, part of me wants to gain experience before going back to be honest, how is california? do you consider it the best state in america?
ohhhhh, so maybe you aren't so bored after all. have you ever tried skiing? lol okay, so i take it that you are going back.
I LOVE IT! California's best asset is its weather and warm beaches. but will i say its the best in America? uhmmm, i guess i would have to travel to all 50 states before coming to that conclusion. but i will say its better than many states in the midwest and some of the western states like Utah, Wyoming, Idaho because those states are pretty dead, just a lot of farm people for the most part. tongue
Re: Namfav Wanted Here! by namfav(m): 3:31pm On Apr 30, 2011
THE AMAKA:

ohhhhh, so maybe you aren't so bored after all. have you ever tried skiing? lol okay, so i take it that you are going back.
I LOVE IT! California's best asset is its weather and warm beaches. but will i say its the best in America? uhmmm, i guess i would have to travel to all 50 states before coming to that conclusion. but i will say its better than many states in the midwest and some of the western states like Utah, Wyoming, Idaho because those states are pretty dead, just a lot of farm people for the most part. tongue

denver can get boring too lol. me ski? never, i don't think i will even attempt haha, i'm not sure if i will go back right after i am done, there is a possiblity i will stay for atleast 2 years experience, but i'll see
how many states have you been to? i was in new york and i liked it, i think it is the best to me but mind i haven't been to too many states before so maybe it will change if i visit some more states, but new york i liked it
Re: Namfav Wanted Here! by Jarus(m): 4:05am On May 01, 2011
Very interesting conversation between a Fulani guy and a Igbo lady, completely devoid of ethnic lashing xtic of NL. To the mods, Odunnu and OAMJ, I hail una too.

Subcribed.
Re: Namfav Wanted Here! by Phate07(m): 12:07pm On May 01, 2011
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Namfav Wanted Here! by Odunnu: 1:48pm On May 01, 2011
Ok, Egbon Jarus! I'l remember to include your name in the guest list for the NL royal wedding.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Oldest Form Of Transportation? / Today Is My Birthday!!!! / Dear Mukina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.