Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,192 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Imo Guber: Ohakim`s Camp Panic As Okorocha, Ararume Join Forces - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Guber: Ohakim`s Camp Panic As Okorocha, Ararume Join Forces (1582 Views)

Nneka Ararume That Olisa Metuh Gave $2 Million Cash To Invest (Photo) / Nneka Ararume: ''Metuh Gave Me $2m Cash To Invest'' / Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo Guber: Ohakim`s Camp Panic As Okorocha, Ararume Join Forces by RICHIEBOI1(m): 6:22pm On Apr 24, 2011
Barely 48 hours to the governorship poll, in what may seem the most tactical political manoeuvre against incumbent Governor Ikedi Ohakim of Imo state and the ruling People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in the state, two frontline governorship candidates in the state from the All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) and the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), Owelle Rochas Okorocha and Senator Ifeanyi Araraume respectively, yesterday in a joint press conference announced their new alliance against the re-election of Ikedi Ohakim as Governor of Imo state.

Addressing newsmen at Amaifeke, the country home of the former Governor of the state, Chief Achike Udenwa, the duo in separate statements noted that all that mattered was to effect change in the leadership of the state and liberate Imo from the pains of maladministration.
They however noted that there was no issue of stepping down by any candidate, explaining that any one of Araraume or Okorocha had the capacity of saving the state from total collapse if elected. Speaking, Okorocha stated that there was the need for a collaborative effort to put an effective check on the PDP in the state whose only alternative in the forth-coming governorship poll would be rigging and manipulation of the electoral process.

While noting that the state government was wielding undue influence over the state INEC officials and some segment of the security agencies, the APGA flagbearer urged the Imo public to sustain the struggle for change and not to be cowed by the intimidations of the ruling party. While alleging that the ruling party has planned to unleash fake army and fake policemen on the Imo electorate, Okorocha warned that any policeman that participates in the rigging or manipulation of election results would be treated as a fake security agent.

His words: “If Ohakim insists on rigging at all costs, we shall stop him at all costs.” In his own contribution, Araraume noted that one thing all Imo people are in agreement on, is the fact that a change in leadership of the state was over due and inevitable. According to him, the people deserves a free and fair platform to express themselves through the ballot.

The two-term senator however warned that having complained and petitioned on the excesses and malpractices of the ruling PDP in the previous elections, the new collaboration with APGA was part of plans to firmly resist any attempt to again subvert the will of Imo people. Araraume warned that security agents, INEC officials and hirelings of the ruling party masquerading as local observers who attempt to thwart the free and fair electoral process as promised by Attahiru Jega, would be strongly resisted. Said he, “It is however regrettable, the level of desperation, the incumbent has resorted to in bid to secure a second term in office. This clearly shows that the man has nothing more to offer to Imo people. He is spent. He has given his best but his best is clearly not good enough.

The simple thing to do is to move over for a more competent hand to run the state instead of unnecessarily heating up the polity.” Meanwhile, when the hint of the new alliance between APGA and ACN broke yesterday, the PDP camp were literally turned into a panic station as meeting after meeting were convened to fashion out a counter move. There was a meeting at the Concorde Hotel Owerri over the development, another at Ihube in Okigwe council area and yet another in Isiala Mbano, all to bolster the sagging morale of supporters of the ruling party who are well aware of the import of the new alliance barely 48 hours to the Governorship and House of Assembly elections in the state.

However, the Political Adviser to Governor Ikedi Ohakim, Mr. Rex Anunobi, a lawyer, in a swift reaction over the development said there was no cause for alarm. His words: “You this is not the first alliance we have faced in the course of this election. This will also crash like the previous.”

http://huhuonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2911:imo-guber-ohakims-camp-panic-as-okorocha-ararume-join-forces&catid=89:finance&Itemid=379
Re: Imo Guber: Ohakim`s Camp Panic As Okorocha, Ararume Join Forces by EzeUche3(m): 6:26pm On Apr 24, 2011
This is very good news for the good people of Imo state. I hope this alliance works, where other alliances in the country have failed. Ohakim has done nothing for the people of Imo state.
Re: Imo Guber: Ohakim`s Camp Panic As Okorocha, Ararume Join Forces by Abagworo(m): 9:06pm On Apr 24, 2011
EzeUche__:

This is very good news for the good people of Imo state. I hope this alliance works, where other alliances in the country have failed. Ohakim has done nothing for the people of Imo state.

I would not say Ohakim has done nothing because that amounts to being economical with the truth.He has however performed below average.

The bitter truth is that he will win by crook and nothing will happen.As long as we saw PDP rig the Presidential elections and try to justify it,so will we justify it at State level or we are playing double standards.

My prediction is that Orji and Ohakim are winning by hook or by crook and nothing will happen.
Re: Imo Guber: Ohakim`s Camp Panic As Okorocha, Ararume Join Forces by Nadanbata: 9:20pm On Apr 24, 2011
@ Abagworo

Leave them, PDP rig in their state (while everyone close eyes) you think all of a sudden they will stop ? cheesy
Re: Imo Guber: Ohakim`s Camp Panic As Okorocha, Ararume Join Forces by dempeople(m): 9:29pm On Apr 24, 2011
Those other politicians (Araraume and Okorocha) are not exactly saints. The bottom line is that there'll be rigging. The master rigger will carry the day.
Re: Imo Guber: Ohakim`s Camp Panic As Okorocha, Ararume Join Forces by otokx(m): 9:40pm On Apr 24, 2011
ohakim is going to win via the PDP rigging machine
Re: Imo Guber: Ohakim`s Camp Panic As Okorocha, Ararume Join Forces by Chyz2: 9:41pm On Apr 24, 2011
Abagworo:

I would not say Ohakim has done nothing because that amounts to being economical with the truth.He has however performed below average.

The bitter truth is that he will win by crook and nothing will happen.As long as we saw PDP rig the Presidential elections and try to justify it,so will we justify it at State level or we are playing double standards.

My prediction is that Orji and Ohakim are winning by hook or by crook and nothing will happen.

Abia and Imo are two different stories. I think Orji is likely to win because the lack of promotion of candidates from the opposition parties. As far as Ohakim, it is clear and cut that the people of Imo want Rochas. The will more that likely be rioting and protesting if he is rigged in. Also, the whole country will go up in flames if PDP riggs the governorships. Jega and Jonathan should be careful.
Re: Imo Guber: Ohakim`s Camp Panic As Okorocha, Ararume Join Forces by dempeople(m): 9:45pm On Apr 24, 2011
Chyz*:

Abia and Imo are two different stories. I think Orji is likely to win because the lack of promotion of candidates from the opposition parties. As far as Ohakim, it is clear and cut that the people of Imo want Rochas. The will more that likely be rioting and protesting if he is rigged in. Also, the who country will go up in flames if PDP riggs the governorships. Jega and Jonathan should be careful.

Agreed.
Re: Imo Guber: Ohakim`s Camp Panic As Okorocha, Ararume Join Forces by jason123: 9:47pm On Apr 24, 2011
Chyz*:

Abia and Imo are two different stories. I think Orji is likely to win because the lack of promotion of candidates from the opposition parties. As far as Ohakim, it is clear and cut that the people of Imo want Rochas. The will more that likely be rioting and protesting if he is rigged in. Also, the who country will go up in flames if PDP riggs the governorships. Jega and Jonathan should be careful.
Lol. Abegi jor! There was clear cut rigging during the Presidential election in the North and South yet the country did not go up in flames. Its now the Gubernatorial elections that the country would go up in Flames?? Lol. MAY THE BEST RIGGER WIN!!!!  cheesy wink
Re: Imo Guber: Ohakim`s Camp Panic As Okorocha, Ararume Join Forces by jason123: 9:48pm On Apr 24, 2011
dem_people:

Agreed.
My guy, I disagree COMPLETELY!! cheesy
Re: Imo Guber: Ohakim`s Camp Panic As Okorocha, Ararume Join Forces by dempeople(m): 9:58pm On Apr 24, 2011
jason123:

My guy, I disagree COMPLETELY!! cheesy

grin

J Baba, Ok.

Look at my first comment and you'll see we're saying the same thing. The master rigger will carry the day. Why I agreed with Chyz* was cos if APGA-ACN loose in Imo and if opposition parties loose in other states, the riots we've seen in the North will be child's play. That kind of violence could seriously implode 9ja.
Re: Imo Guber: Ohakim`s Camp Panic As Okorocha, Ararume Join Forces by henry101(m): 10:07pm On Apr 24, 2011
jason123:

Lol. Abegi jor! There was clear cut rigging during the Presidential election in the North and South yet the country did not go up in flames. Its now the Gubernatorial elections that the country would go up in Flames?? Lol. MAY THE BEST RIGGER WIN!!!!  cheesy wink

Is the north not in Nigeria or you moved it to Niger Rep.
Re: Imo Guber: Ohakim`s Camp Panic As Okorocha, Ararume Join Forces by jason123: 10:07pm On Apr 24, 2011
dem_people:

grin

J Baba, Ok.

Look at my first comment and you'll see we're saying the same thing. The master rigger will carry the day. Why I agreed with Chyz* was cos if APGA-ACN loose in Imo and if opposition parties loose in other states, the riots we've seen in the North will be child's play. That kind of violence could seriously implode 9ja.

Dem people Baba  cheesy, I really think we(south) are playing double standards. Clearly, the north and the south rigged the election, why don't we annul it and start over if we want to be fair?? Why is the south using the power of incumbency to cheat their Northern brothers? It was an agreement (zoning) that the North and the South(OBJ and GEJ) signed. Gej could have won the election without rigging but No, he just had to rig.
Now, the gubernatorial election is coming up, we now want to complain if/when PDP rigs?? Do we even have a right to complain I am not saying the North did not rig as well but if we should rig, do it moderately.
All in all, I agree with your first statement, MAY THE BEST RIGGER WIN!!!
Re: Imo Guber: Ohakim`s Camp Panic As Okorocha, Ararume Join Forces by jason123: 10:10pm On Apr 24, 2011
henry101:

Is the north not in Nigeria or you moved it to Niger.
grin grin grin
Then my question is, why is the south not opposing the rigging?? Or we(southerners) just revolt when the rigging is not in our favour Lol. So there will only be riots when the rigging is not in our favour, right? Fair is fair, we cannot be playing double standards. I personally want Southern Nigeria but until then, we have to be fair so God will be on our side. MO.
Re: Imo Guber: Ohakim`s Camp Panic As Okorocha, Ararume Join Forces by dempeople(m): 10:20pm On Apr 24, 2011
jason123:

Dem people Baba  cheesy, I really think we(south) are playing double standards. Clearly, the north and the south rigged the election, why don't we annul it and start over if we want to be fair?? Why is the south using the power of incumbency to cheat their Northern brothers? It was an agreement (zoning) that the North and the South(OBJ and GEJ) signed. Gej could have won the election without rigging but No, he just had to rig.
Now, the gubernatorial election is coming up, we now want to complain if/when PDP rigs?? Do we even have a right to complain I am not saying the North did not rig as well but if we should rig, do it moderately.
All in all, I agree with your first statement, MAY THE BEST RIGGER WIN!!!

Oh yes but I've been shouting all along that the PDP out-rigged the CPC during the presido elections. Let the best rigger win. The opposition candidates are recycled goods anyway. It's not as if we're expecting miracles to rain on Imo state during their tenure.

(1) (Reply)

Educate The North / “boko-haram” Terror: The Chilling Killing Of 510 Igbo Christians Out Of The 714 / What's Was All The Hype About A South-south President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.