Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,028 members, 7,818,034 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Should I Inform My Inlaw?. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Inform My Inlaw?. (1988 Views)

My First Appearnce @ My Inlaw's Place / I'm I being rude to my mother Inlaw. / My Mother Inlaw Caught Me Kissing My Wife's Friend in our washroom. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Inform My Inlaw?. by seal777(m): 11:28pm On Apr 24, 2011
Its almost a yr we met&we both love each other wit marriage uppermost in our minds.

We have both known our parents, sisters, brothers and friends on both ends on a personal notes.

Months after, her ex of 4yrs which she told me abt wen we met was mounting presure 2av her back.(after spiritual consultation,he claim he was ask to reconcile wit her or loose al he had worked 4).

I started having series of challenges, 3accidents within a month,dlast almost took my life).
She knew d guy was after me,went 2his house twice, yet she claim to be afraid of loosing me hence her nt telling me. I informed my parents after which we agreed i quit d relationship. She's has nt inform anyone about d developments, always calling to see me.
Her mum loves me so much,calls me and treats me like her son.

Should i tell her the turn of events and the fact that the relationship cannot work cos of the decision wit my parents to quit drelationship.

Feel i should clear the air to allow me get her off my back&set drecord strgaiht.
Re: Should I Inform My Inlaw?. by Harbb: 12:41am On Apr 25, 2011
What are u waiting for? You want to die before you live, abi?
Re: Should I Inform My Inlaw?. by jasman1: 1:03am On Apr 25, 2011
How old are you my friend? what type of advice do you need.? Again, what's your age pls? its hard to advice you if you're a minor. i'm sorry
Re: Should I Inform My Inlaw?. by 190: 1:07am On Apr 25, 2011
Inform your inlaw about what ?
Re: Should I Inform My Inlaw?. by ULSHERLAN(m): 1:14am On Apr 25, 2011
like someoda poster has said, u nid not be adviced but still i love d fact dat u brought up such a topic sodat pple facing similar challenges wudnt boda creating such topics again,
To ur qstn;if anytn happens to u.,i bet it dat she will go bk to her ex so y not xplain things to her n also tell ur inlaws bout d developments,
Re: Should I Inform My Inlaw?. by Nobody: 1:18am On Apr 25, 2011
@poster
From your first thread, you were advised to let her family know before bouncing. Were the advices not good enough for you then?!
Re: Should I Inform My Inlaw?. by seal777(m): 10:18am On Apr 25, 2011
@jasman,
I am 34+. Hope that clears the air?.

@190,
Since i have bn very close and they treat me like their son, thought it will nt be gud for future sake that i dissapear just like that, meanwhile her mum stil calls me.

@MRbrownJAY,

Informing my parents only prevented her from coming to my house bt we ve seen couple of times outside(i am a fool u wil say). My tot is that if i inform d mum, d reality wil done on her &we both go our seperate ways without enimity.

@all,
She called for us to see today(for obvious reason SEX), hence i intend seeing her mum today to spil the beans.

I know i ve bn so stupid nt to control my emotions despite the danger bt please be fair and real wit ur advices.

Thanks.
Re: Should I Inform My Inlaw?. by justwise(m): 10:45am On Apr 25, 2011
seal777:

Its almost a yr we met&we both love each other wit marriage uppermost in our minds. We have both known our parents, sisters, brothers and friends on both ends on a personal notes. Months after, her ex of 4yrs which she told me abt wen we met was mounting presure 2av her back.(after spiritual consultation,he claim he was ask to reconcile wit her or loose al he had worked 4).[b]I started having series of challenges, 3accidents within a month,dlast almost took my life).[/b]She knew d guy was after me,went 2his house twice, yet she claim to be afraid of loosing me hence her nt telling me. I informed my parents after which we agreed i quit d relationship. She's has nt inform anyone about d developments, always calling to see me. Her mum loves me so much,calls me and treats me like her son.Should i tell her the turn of events and the fact that the relationship cannot work cos of the decision wit my parents to quit drelationship.Feel i should clear the air to allow me get her off my back&set drecord strgaiht.
Get that out of ur mind, nobody is after u, its all in ur head. Face the problem squarely and tell her parent, nothing spiritual is behind this.
Re: Should I Inform My Inlaw?. by Ranoscky(m): 11:07am On Apr 25, 2011
seal777:

Informing my parents only prevented her from coming to my house bt we ve seen couple of times outside(i am a fool u wil say). My tot is that if i inform d mum, d reality wil done on her &we both go our seperate ways without enimity.
The fukk is you stil waiting for?
Re: Should I Inform My Inlaw?. by obowunmi(m): 11:45am On Apr 25, 2011
Do you love her ? The ex wants her back, and coming up with some spiritual bullshit and here you are believing it --- anyhoo, break up with her boldly, don't blame it on the ex.

P.S. You almost died because Nigerian roads are bad not because of one stupid x.

1 Like

Re: Should I Inform My Inlaw?. by justwise(m): 11:47am On Apr 25, 2011
obowunmi:

Do you love her ? The ex wants her back, and coming up with some spiritual bullshit and here you are believing it --- anyhoo, break up with her boldly, don't blame it on the ex.

P.S. You almost died because Nigerian roads are bad not because of one silly x.
grin grin grin grin u always crack me up
Re: Should I Inform My Inlaw?. by francisj(m): 12:18pm On Apr 25, 2011
seal777:

Its almost a yr we met&we both love each other wit marriage uppermost in our minds.

We have both known our parents, sisters, brothers and friends on both ends on a personal notes.

Months after, her ex of 4yrs which she told me abt wen we met was mounting presure 2av her back.(after spiritual consultation,he claim he was ask to reconcile wit her or loose al he had worked 4).

I started having series of challenges, 3accidents within a month,dlast almost took my life).
She knew d guy was after me,went 2his house twice, yet she claim to be afraid of loosing me hence her nt telling me. I informed my parents after which we agreed i quit d relationship. She's has nt inform anyone about d developments, always calling to see me.
Her mum loves me so much,calls me and treats me like her son.

Should i tell her the turn of events and the fact that the relationship cannot work cos of the decision wit my parents to quit drelationship.

Feel i should clear the air to allow me get her off my back&set drecord strgaiht.
you talk as if you are not a 9ja guy,how can a guy like you go after you !!!!
What the hell are you waiting 4, just go after him too, except you are not really in love
with her ,a girlie is always free until some one carry her away,and that someone have to be
the best to the girlie in term of , love, strenght , cash , looks,and of recent the person that can protect her.
you guy of the nowadays ,you all throw away tradition ,then cry out that someone is after you.
just understd that if you know what you stand on ,nobody,and i repeat,nobody can be after you ,let alone
try to collect your gal.use your head
Re: Should I Inform My Inlaw?. by seal777(m): 12:36pm On Apr 25, 2011
@all,
True to me, i had always taken my challenges has natural without sentiments,the tot of her ex coming after me was her response.

If she had informed me earlier i would have taken due precautions,Though i had intention of making things work bt I am overwhelmed by advice to call it quit.

Anyway, stay or quit i am at my inlaws place now.

I promise to feed u guys back after discussing wit her mum.
Re: Should I Inform My Inlaw?. by Ranoscky(m): 12:44pm On Apr 25, 2011
francisj:

you talk as if you are not a 9ja guy,how can a guy like you go after you !!!!
What the hell are you waiting 4, just go after him too, except you are not really in love
with her
,a girlie is always free until some one carry her away,and that someone have to be
the best to the girlie in term of , love, strenght , cash , looks,and of recent the person that can protect her.
you guy of the nowadays ,you all throw away tradition ,then cry out that someone is after you.
just understd that if you know what you stand on ,nobody,and i repeat,nobody can be after you ,let alone
try to collect your gal.use your head
I rather give up 'peacefully' instead of fighting my fellow man over a girls issue.

THE LAST THING THAT RANOSCKY WOULD EVER DO IN HIS LIFE !!!
Re: Should I Inform My Inlaw?. by Mcleo007(m): 12:50pm On Apr 25, 2011
I think i'm familiar with this story.
Re: Should I Inform My Inlaw?. by Nobody: 12:52pm On Apr 25, 2011
Either u leave her or u stick with her and get him before he gets you.
Country justice is what we call it where I am from. Resort to that after having consulted
with the local police. You can tell your family/inlaws in the event that is escalates they can
have a 'testimony' but other wise u have to make your decision and if u choose to endure it
you ought to handle that guy by any means.  undecided

I don't know how I would react, but if someone tried to kill me, if I can take them, you'd be reading
about how I did THEM in the headlines! If what you are saying is true, this guys is a real punk
and needs to be dealt with. angry so three things:

leave her
stay with her inform family/police
stay with her inform family/police and handle that guy.
Re: Should I Inform My Inlaw?. by r231(m): 12:57pm On Apr 25, 2011
obowunmi:

P.S. You almost died because Nigerian roads are bad not because of one silly x.
grin cheesy grin grin
Re: Should I Inform My Inlaw?. by francisj(m): 1:11pm On Apr 25, 2011
MzDarkSkin:

Either u leave her or [color=#990000]u stick with her and get him before he gets you.
Country justice is what we call it where I am from. Resort to that after having consulted
with the local police. You can tell your family/inlaws in the event that is escalates they can
have a 'testimony' but other wise u have to make your decision and if u choose to endure it
you ought to handle that guy by any means. undecided

I don't know how I would react, but if someone tried to kill me, if I can take them, you'd be reading
about how I did THEM in the headlines
! If what you are saying is true, this guys is a real punk
and needs to be dealt with. angry so three things:

leave her
stay with her inform family/police
stay with her inform family/police and handle that guy.[/color]

gbam !!
Re: Should I Inform My Inlaw?. by francisj(m): 1:30pm On Apr 25, 2011
Ranoscky:

I rather give up 'peacefully' instead of fighting my fellow man over a girls issue.

THE LAST THING THAT RANOSCKY WOULD EVER DO IN HIS LIFE !!!

I dont know which part of 9ja you grew and what you did in the past justto protect a love one(ur sisters ,ur female cousin and gals),
If u grew up in a neibourhood where guys will slap your gal in a nite party or get together,just to make an impression, you will know
that, at time , as a guy , you need to fight,if you grew up in an area where guy that wanna get at you molest your gal,sisters or
If you grow in a nebourhood where the hot chicks hang out the ,strongest guys, and you will understd what i meant.
ofcouse as a married man ,working class guy or a big boy ,it will be stupid to think of it,and very stupid to even try it.
but boys will always be boys once in a while,
Re: Should I Inform My Inlaw?. by Ranoscky(m): 2:03pm On Apr 25, 2011
You is on a totally different thing here, bro! The topic is about GIRLFRIEND and not Sister, cousine, wife etc. Im ready to fight and DIE for my sisters cos, I love them so much (especialy my immediate younger sister).

There was a day she was coming back from somewhere, and a friend of mine that doesnt know she was ma sista, threw empty nylon of pure water at her. She didnt say anything (cos thats just her life, always quiet) but, when she got home, I was sleepin then. She woke me up and told me what happened. I asked her who was that and she repied by saying she dont know who the person was but pointed at him thru the windor. I stood up, and went straight to the guy. Furtunately, it was ma friend that left the area for long. I told him what ma sister said and he started begging me, sayin he never knew she was ma sister. We forgot about what happened and started talking of something else. NOW THATS MA SISTER !!!

If I take a girl out (a GF), now that is a different case. Whatever happens, I MUST be there to defend her. But, for me to fight my fellow man just b'cos, the guy is in adventure with me over the girl, ma guy, NEVER RANOSCKY !!!
Re: Should I Inform My Inlaw?. by Nobody: 2:51pm On Apr 25, 2011
francisj:

gbam !!
wink

Ranosky we are not talking about a war of words or 'friendly competition'.
We are talking about a deranged man who on several occasions tried to take
another's life. Whether the poster chooses to fight for HER honor is up to him
but when it comes to self defense, if he doesn't want to to call the police, he has
got to protect himself. Bottom line.

If I were with a man who had an ex he DEFINITELY did not want, and she took her anger
out on me, trying to kill me I would damage her at first chance because she took it to that
level. If I am afraid of you, you have a problem. That is the type of person I am. I would
get rid of you before you can do me anymore harm. Why should I abandon my love for someone
just because someone can't handle rejection? Anyway I am not in the position so. . .
Re: Should I Inform My Inlaw?. by satani22: 3:12pm On Apr 25, 2011
op u better run for ur life. The guy must be using some diabolic means to scare u from her. Next attack could be worse and regretted if not avoided
Re: Should I Inform My Inlaw?. by Ranoscky(m): 3:16pm On Apr 25, 2011
MzDarkSkin:

wink

Ranosky we are not talking about a war of words or 'friendly competition'.
We are talking about a deranged man who on several occasions tried to take
another's life. Whether the poster chooses to fight for HER honor is up to him
but when it comes to self defense, if he doesn't want to to call the police, he has
got to protect himself. Bottom line.

If I were with a man who had an ex he DEFINITELY did not want, and she took her anger
out on me, trying to kill me I would damage her at first chance because she took it to that
level. If I am afraid of you, you have a problem. That is the type of person I am. I would
get rid of you before you can do me anymore harm. Why should I abandon my love for someone
just because someone can't handle rejection? Anyway I am not in the position so. . .

]
seal777:

She knew d guy was after me,went 2his house twice, yet she claim to be afraid of loosing me hence her nt telling me
Hope you saw the embolded?

And you Xpect me to fight for her? For what? My fighting is b'cos of the girl. What if I get killed while fighting for her, is she gon die with me? NO, she DEFFINITELY wont! She will get over me later, go ahead and marry him afterwards.

Sorry girl, I dont fight such battle !!!
Re: Should I Inform My Inlaw?. by seal777(m): 4:26pm On Apr 25, 2011
10 minutes after i got there, she came in and suspected my reason for coming, we spoke at lenght and she Pleaded wit me to hold on cos of her mums health(she is hypertensive).
You guys re confusing my head by this arguments. CANT THINK STRAIGHT.
Re: Should I Inform My Inlaw?. by obowunmi(m): 4:53pm On Apr 25, 2011
justwise:

[/b] grin grin grin grin u always crack me up

Yes na! abi no be truth ? Oga, how far ? Whats going on for your side ?
Re: Should I Inform My Inlaw?. by MMM2(m): 5:34pm On Apr 25, 2011
seal777
dot worry, just marry d girl both of u re ment 4 each other and she luv u.
Till when dey seal666
Re: Should I Inform My Inlaw?. by seal777(m): 6:07pm On Apr 25, 2011
Couldnt tell her as promised, mission aborted.
Re: Should I Inform My Inlaw?. by Ranoscky(m): 6:01am On Apr 26, 2011
My fren, leave that girl, she's NOT meant for you!
Re: Should I Inform My Inlaw?. by Nobody: 6:47am On Apr 26, 2011
///

1 Like

Re: Should I Inform My Inlaw?. by ifyalways(f): 11:07am On Apr 26, 2011
Man,did i have a good laugh reading through this thread ? cheesy

@OP,how old are you ?

What does the ffg mean:

I got to spill to her mum,I lost courage,You guys re confusing my head by this arguments,CANT THINK STRAIGHT,Mission aborted,stay or quit;Im at my in-laws place . . . .Yada Yada

who is ur in-law kwa?

OP,how old are you,Seriously. . . . cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Should I Inform My Inlaw?. by seal777(m): 3:15pm On Apr 26, 2011
@chair cover,
Thanks a lot for ur response, i owe you a lot as u mirror my plight without emotions.

I think i put all my eggs in one basket wit her, flaunting an end to my search for a wife to evri one only for all this shit to happen.

The fear of anytin happening to me is out of it yl i beg God to use my sincerity for a true relationship, guide my actions and bless me with my true half.

Afterall, @34 i am the one who is searching bt my people wouldnt just get off my back wit presure to get a wife.

Aaaaaargh!!!
Re: Should I Inform My Inlaw?. by Nobody: 3:32pm On Apr 26, 2011
//

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Keeps Criticizing My Parents Nd Family Members / Besides Nairaland And Social Media, Wha Other Sites Do You Visit? / Woman Who Delivered Set Of Twin In March Delivers Another Set In December

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.