Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Ribadu Set To Dump Acn For Cpc . - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Set To Dump Acn For Cpc . (2595 Views)

Nuhu Ribadu Set To Emerge Next Chairman Of PDP / When Will Buhari Apologize For Cpc Supporters Killings After 2011 Election / Why Did Buhari Leave ANPP For CPC - Ambitions? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ribadu Set To Dump Acn For Cpc . by Gbawe: 5:11pm On Apr 25, 2011
mikeansy:

Then he should publicly reject the result if that is what he believes and provide evidence accordingly.

Why is he non-existent in this debate like some kind of pawn.

You have a point but I think we should wait till after the gubernatorial elections to see what our prominent men and women will do and say. You have to accept that Ribadu will be highly irresponsible if he starts adding kerosine to the fire by stating that he thinks GEJ rigged the elections. The Gubernatorial elections have the greatest potentials for chaos because they represent , to people in Nigerian States, 36 mini presidential elections. Responsible politicians must stay their tongue till those elections are over. After that , folks can make their positions known and head for Court or congratulate those who have won .
Re: Ribadu Set To Dump Acn For Cpc . by Kilode1: 5:14pm On Apr 25, 2011
ekt_bear:

Why exactly is anyone expecting a SW/North alliance in 4 years with the SW taking VP?

If GEJ is performing well, what incentive do we have to accept only VP?

You'll have to deliver a lot more than that.

I really hate to do all these VP, President sharing talk, I'll rather we reduce the power at the center and strengthen the Regions, states and LGA.

BUT

I have to say; I see no reason why Fashola should be VP to anybody under this current political arrangement, at least not Sanusi, Who be Sanusi? what has he administered? Fashola is a better politician and administrator with more experience at political bridge building than Sanusi.
Re: Ribadu Set To Dump Acn For Cpc . by ektbear: 5:18pm On Apr 25, 2011
Kilode?!:

I really hate to do all these VP, President sharing talk, I'll rather we reduce the power at the center and strengthen the Regions, states and LGA.

BUT

I have to say; I see no reason why Fashola should be VP to anybody under this current political arrangement, at least not Sanusi, Who be Sanusi? what has he administered? Fashola is a better politician and administrator with more experience at political bridge building than Sanusi.

Pretty much. That is my sentiment. Running Lagos on a $3 billion budget is arguably the most demanding elected office in Nigeria. Even more so than being president.

I don't see why who gets top billing in any alliance should be off the table, when it comes time to negotiate.

Core North needs to learn from the mistakes it made this past cycle and be more willing to give and take.
Re: Ribadu Set To Dump Acn For Cpc . by Lagosboy: 5:20pm On Apr 25, 2011
ekt_bear:

Pretty much. That is my sentiment. Running Lagos on a $3 billion budget is arguably the most demanding elected office in Nigeria. Even more so than being president.

Dont let us get carried away here. It definately cannot be more than being president of Nigeria. Haba !
Re: Ribadu Set To Dump Acn For Cpc . by Lagosboy: 5:21pm On Apr 25, 2011
ekt_bear:

I don't see why who gets top billing in any alliance should be off the table, when it comes time to negotiate.

Core North needs to learn from the mistakes it made this past cycle and be more willing to give and take.

Of course i have not underated Fashola in anyway , i have only put in the context of having a nothern president in 2015 which is most likely except GEJ runs again which is also likely.
Re: Ribadu Set To Dump Acn For Cpc . by ektbear: 5:24pm On Apr 25, 2011
I think it is. With that $3 billion, Fashola must take care of the needs of 20 million+ people.

With the $40 billion the FG gets, how much of it is actually spent on anything useful?

Military defense, police, universities, some other things. But the rest is spent on excessive administration, white elephant projects, or siphoned off.
Re: Ribadu Set To Dump Acn For Cpc . by monkeyleg: 5:28pm On Apr 25, 2011
Gbawe,

I like your take on this, especially as those who can make change are getting involved and staying involved. I wish him well
Re: Ribadu Set To Dump Acn For Cpc . by Katsumoto: 5:31pm On Apr 25, 2011
Lagosboy:

Of course i have not underated Fashola in anyway , i have only put in the context of having a nothern president in 2015 which is most likely except GEJ runs again which is also likely.

Why must there be a Northern president in 2015? We should be advocating for the best person possible. 150 million Nigerians are not bound to respect the zoning arrangement of PDP. In any case, PDP has broken its zoning arrangement. It will be a good contest if Fashola is running against the likes of El Rufai/Ribadu and Duke/Ameachi in 2015. The more credible and competent representatives from all weighty parties will ensure that the old, haggard, and incompetent hands such as Atiku, IBB, etc are relegated.
Re: Ribadu Set To Dump Acn For Cpc . by Gbawe: 5:34pm On Apr 25, 2011
Lagosboy:

very true , it all depends on him , i am only thinking of those who can take Nigeria to the next level.

You are not thinking wrongly . I too rate SLS highly . I wish he will get involved in future but it is ultimately his choice  . Nonetheless, unless he makes a full committment to politics,  we cannot just assume Sanusi can stroll into the highest office in the land , from his CBN role , ahead of folks like Fashola, Ribadu, El Rufai et al who may be more politically established than he is . Ribadu fell short because he never had the chance to develop a political base and depended entirely on the ACN same as GEJ, also without political base , depended on the clout of the PDP. Nothing less than a 4 years focus ,  from now, will defeat the PDP. Fashola has his political position as a huge advantage already while Ribadu and El-Rufai can play opposition politics effectively too. Sanusi can do nada while he remains CBN Governor under GEJ .

If Sanusi became CBN Governor in June 2009 then he still has 3 years to be in the Job because the tenure of a Nigerian CBN Governor is 5 years. Sanusi will have to step down now to build the political platform and visibility others have otherwise , even as he may be personally laudable as a candidate in the mold of Pat Utomi, he will simply not be able to win because he has not established a base and may suffer from not being sold effectively to Nigerians over a sensible period of time.
Re: Ribadu Set To Dump Acn For Cpc . by Gbawe: 6:44pm On Apr 25, 2011
monkeyleg:

Gbawe,

I like your take on this, especially as those who can make change are getting involved and staying involved. I wish him well

My brother , we can only hope the good guys get involved and stay involved so that they prevent important office from going to callous and crude "do or die" politicians who are happy to steal zillions yet give Nigerians nothing at all in return. That is the big picture that surpasses our respective and individual desire to see our aspirant emerge victorious.
Re: Ribadu Set To Dump Acn For Cpc . by Blazay(m): 8:20pm On Apr 25, 2011
I hope he did not sell his "London Black" cab before returning to Nigeria from self-exile o? cheesy
Re: Ribadu Set To Dump Acn For Cpc . by revomind(m): 1:31am On Apr 26, 2011
Kilode?!:

BUT

On point.
I never really supported the idea of people who are largely untested in any real administrative capacity coming out all of a sudden demanding for the Presidency, Why should people like Fashola , Amaechi, Duke serve as vp to people like Ribadu and indeed Sanusi? Why? Who is more experienced? Or is handling a govt agency a tougher task than governing a state?
I do not understand Lagosboy's postulations at all. Is it acceptable for neophytes like Ribadu and Sanusi to aspire for the highest office with better and more experienced peeps like Amaechi to be Vp because they are from the north? Even Dora Akunyili has a better resume than these guys.

For me, Fashola and co would be really dumb to accept such a platform. This is one of the reasons southerners just didn't want to know whatever Buhari was bringing to the table. That 'born to rule' complex is what the core north would do well to get rid of.

As for Ribadu joining the CPC, I think it would be a bad move. He can leave the ACN if he feels hard done but we should note that a candidate who couldn't even win his state was always gonna be a hard sell. People are rushing to cast aspersions on the party leadership without considering that this is *ng* and that Ribadu could as well have been paid off by Jonathan. The CPC brand is damaged here in the South justifiably or otherwise.
Re: Ribadu Set To Dump Acn For Cpc . by BigB11(m): 1:56am On Apr 26, 2011
Ribadu is nothing but a big f00l that speaks with both sides of his mouth; a complete top notch f@ggot.
I can assure you that he will not be allowed to join CPC, simply because CPC is a party for real men who only stand for what is right 24/7 all year round. Ribadu only picks and chooses when it is convenient for him to do what is right. This type of individual shouldn't be allowed to lead anything till the end of time.

This dude has totally played himself, and as a result of this he has degraded his value as a citizen of this great nation.
As he continues to seek for power and stolen money we should all ignore this f00l and allow him to do what he does best (making noise and identifying what is wrong without a single sensible solution).

Ribadu wasn't a sincere citizen yesterday, he isn't today and he will never be tomorrow. Please dump this loser and let us make way for real people that can truly do something great for this incredible nation.
Re: Ribadu Set To Dump Acn For Cpc . by ektbear: 2:00am On Apr 26, 2011
revomind:

As for Ribadu joining the CPC, I think it would be a bad move. He can leave the ACN if he feels hard done but we should note that a candidate who couldn't even win his state was always gonna be a hard sell. People are rushing to cast aspersions on the party leadership without considering that this is *ng* and that Ribadu could as well have been paid off by Jonathan. The CPC brand is damaged here in the South justifiably or otherwise.

Two good points you raise.

1. CPC is a bad brand
2. Leaving the ACN on bad terms might reduce his effectiveness in the CPC, since the CPCs only path to Aso Rock is through an alliance with the ACN.

If he goes to the CPC, he'll have to get in line behind guys like El Rufai, Sanusi, etc.
Re: Ribadu Set To Dump Acn For Cpc . by BigB11(m): 2:12am On Apr 26, 2011
Ribadu can go ahead and join UPN if he wants: the fact remains the same< Ribadu will not rule this nation in 2015 or 2019 or 2023 or 2027 or 2031 or 2035 0r 2039 or 2043 or 2047 or 2051 or 2055 0r 2059 and ever and ever.
Re: Ribadu Set To Dump Acn For Cpc . by Gbawe: 8:14am On Apr 26, 2011
Big B1:

Ribadu is nothing but a big f00l that speaks with both sides of his mouth; a complete top notch f@ggot.
I can assure you that he will not be allowed to join CPC, simply because CPC is a party for real men who only stand for what is right 24/7 all year round. Ribadu only picks and chooses when it is convenient for him to do what is right. This type of individual shouldn't be allowed to lead anything till the end of time.

This dude has totally played himself, and as a result of this he has degraded his value as a citizen of this great nation.
As he continues to seek for power and stolen money we should all ignore this f00l and allow him to do what he does best (making noise and identifying what is wrong  without a single sensible solution).

Ribadu wasn't a sincere citizen yesterday, he isn't today and he will never be tomorrow. Please dump this loser and let us make way for real people that can truly do something great for this incredible nation.

Wether you want to accept it or not , Ribadu is a better human being than IBB and all the other shamelessly hedonistic and materialistic airhead cast-offs , from the past, retrogressive guys like you are fond of supporting . Abeg go and attend IBB's retirement Party and refrain from pouring undeserved abuse on  a man who is a million times better than any of those you have supported, at one stage or the other, to come and finish the job of looting Nigeria dry. If Ribadu is not "sincere (and I wonder which politician is a 100% sincere) then a whole new category must be created to identify the supreme insincerity of IBB . The god you wake up and pray to everyday.
Re: Ribadu Set To Dump Acn For Cpc . by proudly9ja(m): 8:35am On Apr 26, 2011
It will be good for CPC to begin to raise its profile from now on and stand as REAL opposition to the PDP led government. Opposition helps keep government on its toes. Bringing in people like Ribadu will only help build the CPC profile.

People who think that CPC's rep in the south is 'irrevocably' destroyed don't know Nigeria or Nigerians. I will only advice that CPC begins to try to attract men and women of integrity into the party no matter where they are from.

If Ribadu begins to act maturely, I see a bright future for him in the political landscape. He may not be president come 2015, but he is still a young man and time is still on his side.

In the end, with viable opposition, Nigeria will win eventually
Re: Ribadu Set To Dump Acn For Cpc . by Lagosboy: 9:36am On Apr 26, 2011
revomind:

On point.
I never really supported the idea of people who are largely untested in any real administrative capacity coming out all of a sudden demanding for the Presidency, Why should people like Fashola , Amaechi, Duke serve as vp to people like Ribadu and indeed Sanusi? Why? Who is more experienced? Or is handling a govt agency a tougher task than governing a state?
I do not understand Lagosboy's postulations at all. Is it acceptable for neophytes like Ribadu and Sanusi to aspire for the highest office with better and more experienced peeps like Amaechi to be Vp because they are from the north? Even Dora Akunyili has a better resume than these guys.

For me, Fashola and co would be really dumb to accept such a platform. This is one of the reasons southerners just didn't want to know whatever Buhari was bringing to the table. That 'born to rule' complex is what the core north would do well to get rid of.

When we debate please it is better we avoid being carried away by sentiments. How can you say that what pedigree in terms of administrative capability does Sanusi have. Is being the governor of CBN Nigeria (with 150 million people) administering trillions of Naira and being in charge of the country´s economy a secretarial duty ? I have not devalued Fashola in any way and I stated in categorically I have put that postulations in the context of a northern president in 2015. Sanusi is probably the first Nigerian to address a select committee of the US congress, one of only two Africans to be included in the Time 100 influential people 2011 and you call him a neophyte.  I can only see one sentiment in your analysis which is tribalism otherwise what has “born to rule “ got to do with our discussions here. I am no northerner but I acknowledge bright minds wherever they are.

In fact what pedigree did Fashola have before 2007 , if your kind of analysis is correct then bright minds will never have the opportunity to show their capabilities, what administrative pedigree did Ameachi have before 2007 , last time I checked he was only the speaker of the house before that. Please objectivity is really needed when we discuss the progress of Nigeria.

Saying Dora Akunyili has a better resume than Sanusi is a crime against intellectuality.
Re: Ribadu Set To Dump Acn For Cpc . by gokuu(m): 9:40am On Apr 26, 2011
Ribadu is a political paper-weight and a big liability, he could not even deliver 5% of his own state. He should be crowned 'president of osun state'.
Re: Ribadu Set To Dump Acn For Cpc . by Genbuhari3: 9:53am On Apr 26, 2011
I hope he will apologise to Buhari in public for all the media attacks he personally throwed at him. Ribadu for now has committed a political suicide for being the only northerner that attacks Buhari in public. Even PDP northern governors, ibb, atiku, northern emirs including the sultan, don't negatively talk about buhari in public! But ribadu did! I hope Buhari will place it in his heart to forgive him and supporting him in his future political quest. But as far as the North is concerned, Ribadu cannot even walk freely in the north!
Re: Ribadu Set To Dump Acn For Cpc . by gokuu(m): 10:02am On Apr 26, 2011
@lagosboy: how many 'average' people know sanusi? Adeola built a popular bank like GTB and yet no one recognized that, ribadu pioneered EFCC, yet no one recognized that, Buhari is an anti corruption champion, but the northerners voted for him based on sentiments, gani fawehinmi was a champion 4 the masses, yet he was roundly rejected at the polls! Point:95% of voter vote on sentiments and not pedigree/qualifications, even many educated people are highly sentimental, if fashola vyes for presidency, he'll get only 'yoruba' votes, all the PDP has to do is present a strong northern politician and a 'sullivan' or a 'soludo' 4rm the SE,even the igbos in the SW will vote 4 a SE candidate, if sanusi goes to the polls, he'll lose to 'a sule lamido of jigawa'. In Nigeria, nobody is interested in ur achievements, rather they want u to either have; 'a good heart', 'goodluck', 'GOD sent', 'going to school without shoes', 'can u smile', 'how many presidents have ur region produced', and so on!
Re: Ribadu Set To Dump Acn For Cpc . by Lagosboy: 10:13am On Apr 26, 2011
gokuu:

@lagosboy: how many 'average' people know sanusi? Adeola built a popular bank like GTB and yet no one recognized that, ribadu pioneered EFCC, yet no one recognized that, Buhari is an anti corruption champion, but the northerners voted for him based on sentiments, gani fawehinmi was a champion 4 the masses, yet he was roundly rejected at the polls! Point:95% of voter vote on sentiments and not pedigree/qualifications, even many educated people are highly sentimental, if fashola vyes for presidency, he'll get only 'yoruba' votes, all the PDP has to do is present a strong northern politician and a 'sullivan' or a 'soludo' 4rm the SE,even the igbos in the SW will vote 4 a SE candidate, if sanusi goes to the polls, he'll lose to 'a sule lamido of jigawa'. In Nigeria, nobody is interested in your achievements, rather they want u to either have; 'a good heart', 'goodluck', 'GOD sent', 'going to school without shoes', 'can u smile', 'how many presidents have your region produced', and so on!

Of course I know this and I agree with you that if SLS goes to the polls today he will lose in a big way. I have only given a postulations and it all depends on SLS himself. If he decides to run , he then needs to become a politician full time and start to play the game of politics in order to rally support and build a political base. This was the mistake Ribadu made and it was in fact naivety coupled with hasty ambition on Ribadus part. At the age of 50 he is no longer a boy or youth and should have had the patience to build a structure in his base before forging any alliance with anyone.
Re: Ribadu Set To Dump Acn For Cpc . by Pataki: 10:25am On Apr 26, 2011
Ribadu will ride on anyone's back just to gain prominence.

That smacks of an under-achiever who has low self esteem and poor confidence in himself.

I would never forget how he tried to string every achievement Fashola achieved for his own personal campaign purposes.

I would never forget how he openly tried swinging Tinubu out of corruption practices which he had previously alleged of him.

I would never forget how he came out openly attacking Buhari. All for what? To achieve his own selfish purposes.

He should eff off. Who needs him? El-Rufai has shown far more sense and possesses outstanding leadership qualities than a garrulous, arrogant, self-conceited, egocentric Ribadu.
Re: Ribadu Set To Dump Acn For Cpc . by Gbawe: 10:30am On Apr 26, 2011
Genbuhari3:

I hope he will apologise to Buhari in public for all the media attacks he personally throwed at him. Ribadu for now has committed a political suicide for being the only northerner that attacks Buhari in public. Even PDP northern governors, ibb, atiku, northern emirs including the sultan, don't negatively talk about buhari in public! But ribadu did! I hope Buhari will place it in his heart to forgive him and supporting him in his future political quest. But as far as the North is concerned, Ribadu cannot even walk freely in the north!

Is that the kind of North you want to promote and celebrate because it suits your argument or stance ? Do you not see how innocent Nigerians are being killed? IBB, Atiku and co can walk about freely and you postulate Ribadu is somewhat a marked man ? What on Earth has he done ? Genocide ? Abeg, go and sit down. After Buhari lost I saw the radical element in you , with your Nairaland comments, that is offensive to those who believe in the sanctity of human life. It is with that same radical mindset you can speak as if , even if true, it is justified for Ribadu not to be able to walk around freely in his region of origin. Your statement , even if you can't see it, shames the North and not Ribadu.
Re: Ribadu Set To Dump Acn For Cpc . by Gbawe: 10:52am On Apr 26, 2011
Pataki:

Ribadu will ride on anyone's back just to gain prominence.

That smacks of an under-achiever who has low self esteem and poor confidence in himself.

I would never forget how he tried to string every achievement Fashola achieved for his own personal campaign purposes.

I would never forget how he openly tried swinging Tinubu out of corruption practices which he had previously alleged of him.

I would never forget how he came out openly attacking Buhari. All for what? To achieve his own selfish purposes.

He should eff off. Who needs him? El-Rufai has shown far more sense and possesses outstanding leadership qualities than a garrulous, arrogant, self-conceited, egocentric Ribadu.

Get as riled up and as abusive as you want . That changes nothing. If some can king-make "clueless" Yar Adua and "mediocre, underwhelming" GEJ all the way to the Presidency then it is time folks like you stop sitting in some ideoligical Ivory Tower that is at odd with the reality on the ground . Curse Ribadu all you want . You will wait forever looking for the Saint you want in Aso Rock.

There is nothing Ribadu has done , for those who don't kid themselves about politics and politicians , that constitutes a "hang him high" indictment . Abi GEJ is not in Aso Rock when Nigerians saw the miraculous freedom of Teslim Folarin only for him to be flown , courtesy of Aso Rock , to Abuja? We are not looking for saints and even Fashola is no saint . we should look for those who , whatever personal shortcomings they have, can deliver for Nigeria and Nigerians.

As for El-Rufai , I dey laugh . We do this a lot in Nigeria i.e deify those we don't know much about because we unaware of their history, ideology, character and mindset . I will let you find out , if you don't know it already, that El-Rufai has made U-turns on himself far more than Ribadu has shoes!!! El-Rufai is far less mature, far less a team player and far less tolerant than Ribadu . Only recently he was making a ridiculously premature assertion , filled with "dem against us" pontifications and with the guber elections to come, that the ANPP and ACN colluded with the PDP to make CPC lose !!! If that is the immature leader you tout , when Nigerian politics is now really about tact with how the parameters have changed forever, 'goodluck' to you.

When El-Rufai is in the public eye , facing the pressure and attention GEJ and Ribadu faced,  it will be quickly obvious that , once again ,you guys were only building folks up because you don't know them well. I saw the same argument from those who did not know Yar Adua, shortly after he became President and was shouting "rule of law, while I argued consistently that folks should inspect his 8 year leadership of Katsina to note he is nothing special.
Re: Ribadu Set To Dump Acn For Cpc . by Gbawe: 11:03am On Apr 26, 2011
The article below confirms that effective strategy and planning is the name of the game not emotional search for a saintly messiah . When Yuguda or Babagida Aliyu is President in 2015 , to continue the "business as usual " centrist system of the PDP, then perhaps some of us will be wiser about what must be done . It seems it is those who want a better Nigeria that are always rigid, emotional , and ready to fight each other to a standstill . We even see that on Nairaland. Meanwhile , those who want to continue 'chopping' are always united and 'supportive' of each other in strategy and readiness to 'sacrifice' for the common goal.

http://tribune.com.ng/sun/index.php/front-page-articles/3719-why-northern-governors-backed-jonathan

Why Northern governors backed Jonathan

Written by Stephen Gbadamosi Sunday, 24 April 2011

GOVERNORS of northern states on the ticket of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) had to throw their weight behind President Goodluck Jonathan in penultimate Saturday’s presidential election in their bid to establish a new crop of leadership for the region, Sunday Tribune has authoritatively learnt.

Sources disclosed that this agenda had begun even as parties were making preparations for presidential primaries and it cut across party lines.

It will be recalled that delegates of the party to its presidential primaries in January shocked the Northern leaders, under the aegis of Northern Political Leaders Forum (NPLF), who backed the Northern consensus candidate, former Vice President Atiku Abubakar. The delegates, believed to have been under the influence of the state governors, overwhelmingly voted for Jonathan to emerge as the PDP candidate.

However, investigation has shown that the decision to back Jonathan all the way was arrived at to relax the clutch of those considered to be the old order on the leadership and politics of the region.

Sunday Tribune sources revealed that governors of the region considered that supporting Jonathan to be president would demystify leaders like Generals Aliyu Gusau and Ibrahim Babangida as well as Atiku, all of whom indicated interest in the Presidency at the outset.

This, they reasoned, would add four more years to the ages of the said old order politicians and that by the time next election comes in 2015, most of them would have become too old to take active part in the political process, apart from the fact that the new crops of northern politicians would have stamped their authority on the politics of the region by then.

President Jonathan had promised that he would not go for more than one term, a promise upon which the permutations of the Northern governors were based.

Investigations further revealed that the agenda of the emerging leaders of the North also largely affected the fortunes of defeated presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), General Muhammadu Buhari, at the poll two Saturdays ago.

It was learnt that the so-called young political leaders in the North did not consider General Buhari as the face of the current generation of the region.

It was, therefore, calculated that Buhari, who is already 69 years old, would also have been ruled out by age when the next presidential election comes in 2015. Besides, the gap-toothed general, himself, had said while rounding off his campaign in Abuja that it would be the last time he would vie for the Presidency of Nigeria.

A governor of one of the North-Western states who is an in-law to a prominent family confirmed the development, claiming that it is the emerging political leaders’ means of bouncing into the centre stage of power equation in the North.

He noted that by the time Jonathan’s tenure would have ended in 2015, the influence of the old order politicians in the region would have waned further and that some of the ‘new boys’ would have been in position to control power firmly.
Re: Ribadu Set To Dump Acn For Cpc . by nulldev: 11:15am On Apr 26, 2011
@Gbawe, did you get my reply? smiley
Re: Ribadu Set To Dump Acn For Cpc . by Gbawe: 11:17am On Apr 26, 2011
nulldev:

@Gbawe, did you get my reply? smiley

I will check my inbox . Thanks man mi .
Re: Ribadu Set To Dump Acn For Cpc . by Pataki: 11:34am On Apr 26, 2011
Gbawe:

Get as riled up and as abusive as you want . That changes nothing. If some can king-make "clueless" Yar Adua and "mediocre, underwhelming" GEJ all the way to the Presidency then it is time folks like you stop sitting in some ideoligical Ivory Tower that is at odd with the reality on the ground . Curse Ribadu all you want . You will wait forever looking for the Saint you want in Aso Rock.

There is nothing Ribadu has done , for those who don't kid themselves about politics and politicians , that constitutes a "hang him high" indictment . Abi GEJ is not in Aso Rock when Nigerians saw the miraculous freedom of Teslim Folarin only for him to be flown , courtesy of Aso Rock , to Abuja? We are not looking for saints and even Fashola is no saint . we should look for those who , whatever personal shortcomings they have, can deliver for Nigeria and Nigerians.

As for El-Rufai , I dey laugh . We do this a lot in Nigeria i.e deify those we don't know much about because we unaware of their history, ideology, character and mindset . I will let you find out , if you don't know it already, that El-Rufai has made U-turns on himself far more than Ribadu has shoes!!! El-Rufai is far less mature, far less a team player and far less tolerant than Ribadu . Only recently he was making a ridiculously premature assertion , filled with "dem against us" pontifications and with the guber elections to come, that the ANPP and ACN colluded with the PDP to make CPC lose !!! If that is the immature leader you tout , when Nigerian politics is now really about tact with how the parameters have changed forever, 'goodluck' to you.

When El-Rufai is in the public eye , facing the pressure and attention GEJ and Ribadu faced,  it will be quickly obvious that , once again ,you guys were only building folks up because you don't know them well. I saw the same argument from those who did not know Yar Adua while I argued consistently that folks should inspect is 8 year leadership of Katsina to note he is nothing special.
You are a very funny person. Your attempt to paint a Ribadu as next best thing at every instance is nothing short of being ludicrous. You in one instance, state am abusive, but in the same vein, direct bile against El-Rufai? I laugh. El-Rufai immature? Oh please, cut the joke.

What makes a man immature?
That he jumps from PDP to ACN and now intending to jump on the CPC wagon? Again I ask, who needs him? That smacks of an immature grown man who is utterly confused.

That he publicly says a statement, few years down the line, he openly denies saying such? He might as well come four years time and allege he never spoke ill of the person of Buhari or he never even contested under for Presidency under the ACN party in 2011. Even GEJ in his utter clueless state, would never open his mouth to say the outlandlish comments Ribadu said about Buhari, all just for a selfish campaign purpose. Ribadu is better off contesting for his LG chairman position. That is if, he can win it.

Not being able to correct himself openly and admit he was wrong. Not having principles, moral stand, or taking a stand where need be. Anything fanciful you try to paint about Ribadu is nothing but a mirage. A ruse. This past Presidential election has shown Ribadu for who he really is. An egocentric, garrulous, two-faced, self-conceited and arrogant personality.

Even El-Rufai, Bakare, who openly spoken ill of Buhari in times back, took back their words and openly retracted their statements. Did Buhari accept them back? Yes. What suddenly makes an ''immature'' Ribadu jump on the bandwagon of his paymaster - ACN to act according to their whims and caprices? Now the reality dawns on him, he is looking for the next political party to seek relevance? I am also laughing as you.

Good riddance to bad rubbish. Ribadu has no place in the new Nigeria. He has shown himself to be a man who would sell his character to the highest bidder; only if, it promotes his own selfish interest. I personally do not see that in El-Rufai. And if you have open evidence to prove otherwise of the person of El-Rufai, please show us. Otherwise, your penchant for calling El-Rufai ''immature'' is at best misguided.
Re: Ribadu Set To Dump Acn For Cpc . by Gbawe: 12:19pm On Apr 26, 2011
Pataki:

You are a very funny person. Your attempt to paint a Ribadu as next best thing at every instance is nothing short of being ludicrous.

I think it is clear to many I don't do that and the statement below, for example, shows it for those who comprehend what is written as applicable to Nigerian politics :

There is nothing Ribadu has done , for those who don't kid themselves about politics and politicians , that constitutes a "hang him high" indictment . Abi GEJ is not in Aso Rock when Nigerians saw the miraculous freedom of Teslim Folarin only for him to be flown , courtesy of Aso Rock , to Abuja? We are not looking for saints and even Fashola is no saint .

Pataki wrote:

You in one instance, state am abusive, but in the same vein, direct bile against El-Rufai? I laugh. El-Rufai immature? Oh please, cut the joke.

My friend this is what you wrote , for all intents and purpose, that qualifies more as a vitriolic personal attack , no different to that from Big BI before you, that is over the top , unnecessarily hateful and irrelevant IMO:

Now compare the above with what I wrote;

El-Rufai is far less mature, far less a team player and far less tolerant than Ribadu .Only recently he was making a ridiculously premature assertion , filled with "dem against us" pontifications and with the guber elections to come, that the ANPP and ACN colluded with the PDP to make CPC lose !!! If that is the immature leader you tout , when Nigerian politics is now really about tact with how the parameters have changed forever, 'goodluck' to you. 

I think it is obvious it is only one person who is dispassionately inspecting qualities that matter for political efficacy without getting personal .  Anyway , pointless going back and forth with you . You are free to insult anyone you want. Buhari fans are full of vitriol, bile, rigidity, lack of acommodation/tolerance for others and a distinct lack of moderate views/utterances so no surprise at all . Carry on.
Re: Ribadu Set To Dump Acn For Cpc . by Lagosboy: 12:35pm On Apr 26, 2011
Gbawe:

Buhari fans are full of vitriol, bile, rigidity, lack of acommodation/tolerance for others and a distinct lack of moderate views/utterances so no surprise at all . Carry on.

Haba Gbawe , why do you have to attack us like this. Most of us have issues with ACN based on bad practices in the party and nothing more . If these practices are stopped not a few folks would be happy to associate themselves with ACN as well. It is wrong IMO to paint people like that especially when the disagree with views based on principles.

One thing i find amusing is that many people here on NL look at issues from a southern point of view only and it us all about Buhari and the other CPC guys need to form alliance and work with guys down south. One thing we forget as well is for ACN to win any presidential contest in this country they need to forge alliances and work with popular politicans in the north which is Buhari and whomever he supports.

It is a two way thing and we need them just as they need us. For the credible poltiicans in the north to work with ACN, ACN has to stop the bad practices they practice and the influence of Tinubu whittled down.
Re: Ribadu Set To Dump Acn For Cpc . by Gbawe: 12:42pm On Apr 26, 2011
Lagosboy:

Haba Gbawe , why do you have to attack us like this. Most of us have issues with ACN based on bad practices in the party and nothing more . If these practices are stopped not a few folks would be happy to associate themselves with ACN as well. It is wrong IMO to paint people like that especially when the disagree with views based on principles.

One thing i find amusing is that many people here on NL look at issues from a southern point of view only and it us all about Buhari and the other CPC guys need to form alliance and work with guys down south. One thing we forget as well is for ACN to win any presidential contest in this country they need to forge alliances and work with popular politicans in the north which is Buhari and whomever he supports.

It is a two way thing and we need them just as they need us. For the credible poltiicans in the north to work with ACN, ACN has to stop the bad practices they practice and the influence of Tinubu whittled down.

Man mi , I dont put you in the category but you will admit that Buhari fans have the penchant for ruining even the most amiable threads , containing general good-spirited banter, with unneeded vitriol and bile. It is something you should not attempt to deny. Many BB fans , even if you are not the same , are radical, always anger-filled and never moderate in speech, emotion or outlook. Many are never the gracious peacemakers or amiable discussants you are. They have shown it time and time again and you cannot deny/defend that.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abia Govt Reluctant To Recall Sacked Non-indigenes / Christians On Their Way To Church In Kaduna With Sticks And Matchets / List People Who Stole Our Money In 9ja ............

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.