Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,788 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

El-rufai: Jonathan, Yar’adua Persecuted Me Because They Saw Me As A Threat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-rufai: Jonathan, Yar’adua Persecuted Me Because They Saw Me As A Threat (17092 Views)

El-rufai: Jonathan, Yar’adua Persecuted Me Because They Saw Me As A Threat / PDP, Governors Tackle Buhari Over Attack On Obasanjo, Jonathan, Yar’Adua / IBB, Shehu Yar’adua And Murtala Nyako In Mecca (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

El-rufai: Jonathan, Yar’adua Persecuted Me Because They Saw Me As A Threat by ijustdey: 11:11am On May 05, 2021
Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State has alleged that former Presidents Umaru Musa Yar’Adua and Goodluck Jonathan persecuted him because they saw him as a threat.

In an interview with The Point, El-Rufai said while Yar’Adua humiliated him because he felt ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo was considering him as his successor, Jonathan persecuted him because he believed he was a threat to his second term.

Obasanjo was president between 1999 and 2007 and El-Rufai served as Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.

Yar’Adua was governor of Katsina State when Jonathan was deputy governor of Bayelsa State.

Yar’Adua later succeeded Obasanjo with Jonathan as his deputy. Upon the death of Yar’Adua on May 5, 2010, Jonathan took over as president.

In the interview, El-Rufai said while Yar’Adua started the persecution, Jonathan continued with it.

“Jonathan was convinced by his own circle too that I was a threat and that if he was going for a second term of office, he had to take me out of the race. And so, Jonathan continued the persecution that Yar’adua started.”

“I have been associated with running for President, as I said, since 2005, 2006, about 15 years. I’ve suffered for this, I’ve even been exiled for it and Jonathan tried to put me in prison for it.

“My name being mentioned with regard to presidential aspiration has been on since 2006, since I was running the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja. People were speculating that the then President Olusegun Obasanjo was preparing to hand over to me. It was part of the reasons I was exiled. Late President Yar’adua was told, according to those around him, that Obasanjo shortlisted two names to succeed him – Yar’Adua’s name and mine. It was totally false.

“But Yar’adua believed that, and he thought that I was a threat, and all the hullabaloo, lies and persecution that got me exiled for 23 months were as a result of that.”

https://dailytrust.com/el-rufai-jonathan-yaradua-persecuted-me-because-they-saw-me-as-a-threat

1 Like

Re: El-rufai: Jonathan, Yar’adua Persecuted Me Because They Saw Me As A Threat by FarahAideed: 11:13am On May 05, 2021
Because they knew you are a very bad man .

228 Likes 8 Shares

Re: El-rufai: Jonathan, Yar’adua Persecuted Me Because They Saw Me As A Threat by Officialgarri: 11:16am On May 05, 2021
FarahAideed:
Because they knew you are a very bad man .
El rufai isn't bad except when you look at him from the angle of wailers.

El-rufai is simply fearless and has a very strong mind.
That guy transformed Abuja into what it is today.
Nigeria would have had the worst capital territory in the world.

If there's one bad thing you would say about El-rufai, then you will talk about the Southern Kaduna crisis only.
But won't you be an hypocrite if you don't call Ortom of Benue a bad man as well? Since they are equally Governors and suffer crisis in their respective states

19 Likes 11 Shares

Re: El-rufai: Jonathan, Yar’adua Persecuted Me Because They Saw Me As A Threat by ZKOSOSO(m): 11:17am On May 05, 2021
Cos they know the Evil One and Terrorist if they saw one

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-rufai: Jonathan, Yar’adua Persecuted Me Because They Saw Me As A Threat by Racoon(m): 11:17am On May 05, 2021
And off course they were right.The alleged involvement of El Rufai in the Chibok girls kidnap given the threat to expose him by Mama Taraba-Jummai Alhassan is yet to settle.

Are you not the one of the supporter of banditry and BH terrorists or were you not the one who said you paid fulani terrorists not to be killing Kaduna people instead of routing them?

What about your alleged involvement in the death of the Adara Chief? How about the controversial Emirates your government intend to establish in southern Kaduna? Terrorist over hyping and glorifying himself in his foolishness.

59 Likes 6 Shares

Re: El-rufai: Jonathan, Yar’adua Persecuted Me Because They Saw Me As A Threat by Nobody: 11:18am On May 05, 2021
Obviously... you were and still a threat to a non tribalistic and nepotic Nigeria.. the utterances from your family alone gives credence to their fears.

Imagine the most peaceful presidents Nigeria ever had avoided you like a plague..

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-rufai: Jonathan, Yar’adua Persecuted Me Because They Saw Me As A Threat by qualityovenbake(m): 11:18am On May 05, 2021
His extremist ideology made it hard for Obasanjo to consider him as a presidential candidate.

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: El-rufai: Jonathan, Yar’adua Persecuted Me Because They Saw Me As A Threat by Kzinne: 11:28am On May 05, 2021
Re: El-rufai: Jonathan, Yar’adua Persecuted Me Because They Saw Me As A Threat by Nbotee(m): 11:28am On May 05, 2021
They didn't jus see U as a threat.. U were actually a threat and still is... As Governor U have shown how treacherous and the kind of threat they saw U as with what's happening I'm Southern Kaduna and the kidnappings in the state

24 Likes

Re: El-rufai: Jonathan, Yar’adua Persecuted Me Because They Saw Me As A Threat by BruncleZuma: 11:28am On May 05, 2021
And they were right, you fuçking two-faced midget...

[img]https://media1./images/4ff1707fe64be930f777e68cfca667ab/tenor.gif[/img]

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: El-rufai: Jonathan, Yar’adua Persecuted Me Because They Saw Me As A Threat by sotall(m): 11:28am On May 05, 2021
Who ask you?
Re: El-rufai: Jonathan, Yar’adua Persecuted Me Because They Saw Me As A Threat by helinues: 11:28am On May 05, 2021
No,na professor karma just dey remember about your matter

2 Likes

Re: El-rufai: Jonathan, Yar’adua Persecuted Me Because They Saw Me As A Threat by Seniorwriter(m): 11:29am On May 05, 2021
You are still a terrorists sympathizer meaning they were right to see you as a threat!
Why is he referred to as a Midget?

@Seniorwriter

17 Likes

Re: El-rufai: Jonathan, Yar’adua Persecuted Me Because They Saw Me As A Threat by slawormiir: 11:29am On May 05, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
El rufai should shut da fuckkkkkkkkkk up

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai: Jonathan, Yar’adua Persecuted Me Because They Saw Me As A Threat by owobokiri(m): 11:29am On May 05, 2021
And you proved them right after all...

13 Likes

Re: El-rufai: Jonathan, Yar’adua Persecuted Me Because They Saw Me As A Threat by OBALOLA55(m): 11:29am On May 05, 2021
YOU ARE NOT JUST A THREAT TO THEM BUT THE WHOLE NATION. BLOODY JIHADIST angry

46 Likes

Re: El-rufai: Jonathan, Yar’adua Persecuted Me Because They Saw Me As A Threat by tunary(m): 11:29am On May 05, 2021
A man who is against Christians is a threat to Nigerian entirely

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai: Jonathan, Yar’adua Persecuted Me Because They Saw Me As A Threat by jaxxy(m): 11:30am On May 05, 2021
This Incompetent governor is still talking?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai: Jonathan, Yar’adua Persecuted Me Because They Saw Me As A Threat by Kingpele(m): 11:30am On May 05, 2021
Short man overeating himself

7 Likes

Re: El-rufai: Jonathan, Yar’adua Persecuted Me Because They Saw Me As A Threat by Dexpro: 11:31am On May 05, 2021
Midget..... Keep kwayet

3 Likes

Re: El-rufai: Jonathan, Yar’adua Persecuted Me Because They Saw Me As A Threat by ManOfCompetence(m): 11:31am On May 05, 2021
midget...... Very tribalistic and short wicked man...one of Boko Haram major sponsors in the north....you will never become president of Nigeria

19 Likes

Re: El-rufai: Jonathan, Yar’adua Persecuted Me Because They Saw Me As A Threat by ecomalchemist(m): 11:31am On May 05, 2021
Iwo lo mo !

Check my sig for something exciting, thank you.
Re: El-rufai: Jonathan, Yar’adua Persecuted Me Because They Saw Me As A Threat by nairavsdollars(f): 11:31am On May 05, 2021
short man devil . Persecution gbu o gi there

6 Likes

Re: El-rufai: Jonathan, Yar’adua Persecuted Me Because They Saw Me As A Threat by MurderX: 11:31am On May 05, 2021
Yes you are a big threat to all of us, bring back our students....

5 Likes

Re: El-rufai: Jonathan, Yar’adua Persecuted Me Because They Saw Me As A Threat by Enudapan: 11:31am On May 05, 2021
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

Nah insecurity dey worry
You
Oga jona no be get your time!

1 Like

Re: El-rufai: Jonathan, Yar’adua Persecuted Me Because They Saw Me As A Threat by nzeobi(m): 11:32am On May 05, 2021
Failing to negotiate and failing to provide security for citizens of kaduna state.

Threatening members of the international community that they'll leave in body bags.

Going to another country to give money to Killers and terrorists because they are from your tribe.

And above the killing of over 600 shites in your state shows that you not only a threat but also poisonous

9 Likes

Re: El-rufai: Jonathan, Yar’adua Persecuted Me Because They Saw Me As A Threat by Euegene100001: 11:32am On May 05, 2021
They actually saw u as a stupid fool u ended up proving now .may ogun punish u and Buhari

4 Likes

Re: El-rufai: Jonathan, Yar’adua Persecuted Me Because They Saw Me As A Threat by ukahrawah: 11:32am On May 05, 2021
Always be suspicious of Islamic Jihadists & their sympathizers.

6 Likes

Re: El-rufai: Jonathan, Yar’adua Persecuted Me Because They Saw Me As A Threat by Nobody: 11:32am On May 05, 2021
So many mad people in this country

2 Likes

Re: El-rufai: Jonathan, Yar’adua Persecuted Me Because They Saw Me As A Threat by mogbeyiteren: 11:33am On May 05, 2021
Yes you are correct, they saw you as a threat to the Nation security

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Receives Cyril Ramaphosa in Abuja (Photos) / VIDEO: Nigerian’s React To The Fuel Price Hike / PDP Member Shot During Rivers Rerun Election Buried (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.