Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

I've Started Learning Programming - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I've Started Learning Programming (1587 Views)

I Started Learning Java / Learning Programming. (my Nairaland Journal) / Avoid The Hard Ways Of Learning Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I've Started Learning Programming by shiffynaani(m): 10:00pm On May 05, 2021
I'm currently on HTML. It's fun especially learning it through head first series

I've learnt some tags,

learnt how to hyper text for example <a href="directions.html">direction</a>. Lol

Learnt how to link pages from the root directory to different directories and from different directories to the root folder

Delved into css one time like this i just run comot sharp sharp. cheesy. Make i learn html first

Thanks guys and shout-out to the bosses

17/05/2021

I'm almost done with HTML guys

3 Likes

Re: I've Started Learning Programming by stanliwise(m): 10:09pm On May 05, 2021
Keep it strong.
Learn it slowly and with quality
Re: I've Started Learning Programming by falcon01: 10:23pm On May 05, 2021
Omoh wahala dey ooo, but Thankgod its Html it's easier, but you gotta be focused.

1 Like

Re: I've Started Learning Programming by yanabasee1(m): 10:53pm On May 05, 2021
shiffynaani:
I'm currently on HTML. It's fun especially learning it through head first series

I've learnt some tags,

learnt how to hyper text for example <a href="directions.html">direction</a>. Lol

Learnt how to link pages from the root directory to different directories and from different directories to the root folder

Delved into css one time like this i just run comot sharp sharp. cheesy. Make i learn html first

. Which platform are you learning from?
Re: I've Started Learning Programming by shiffynaani(m): 8:10am On May 06, 2021
stanliwise:
Keep it strong.
Learn it slowly and with quality
Thanks boss
Re: I've Started Learning Programming by denvers: 3:32pm On May 07, 2021
Try to continue and don't relent even in difficulty (cos times like that will surely come).

Learn HTML, then CSS, JavaScript and try to build projects along with learning.

2 Likes

Re: I've Started Learning Programming by Hohenheim(m): 3:43pm On May 07, 2021
Learnt html and css recently, I'm not a professional yet tho but I know the basics, html was surprisingly easy
moving to Javascript.
Re: I've Started Learning Programming by Oracle94: 4:58pm On May 07, 2021
Started with html yesterday, learning from an e-book (HTML5, CSS3 and JavaScript for Dummies) and practicing with Droidedit. It's challenging learning with a mobile phone though. Your recommendations are welcome
Re: I've Started Learning Programming by uksonmike(m): 12:01pm On May 09, 2021
shiffynaani:

I've learnt some tags,

We could create a whatsapp group for newbies like us.. we could get to discourse what we learn everyday and trouble a couple of questions to each other..a little thing to motivate ourselves and grow faster together

My thoughts though
If anybody happens to create one.. add me please 09033387545

1 Like

Re: I've Started Learning Programming by uksonmike(m): 12:14pm On May 09, 2021
Oracle94:
Started with html yesterday, learning from an e-book (HTML5, CSS3 and JavaScript for Dummies) and practicing with Droidedit. It's challenging learning with a mobile phone though. Your recommendations are welcome

Learning from an e-book could be hard same with practicing with your smartphone.. very challenging!
You could save up to buy any low end laptop for a start and use for your codes.
I have a link to a complete web development course from an Asian Lady in appbrewery. Very explanatory
If you're interested.. I dropped my whatsapp number in a previous comment.. I'm just a dm away!
Re: I've Started Learning Programming by Naijatask: 5:01am On May 10, 2021
Oracle94:

The best way to learn programming with your smartphone, is through the use of "SoloLearn" any other app to me, is just a waste of time.

1 Like

Re: I've Started Learning Programming by Karleb(m): 10:51am On May 12, 2021
grin

E say programming is fun.

grin

2 Likes

Re: I've Started Learning Programming by Karleb(m): 10:53am On May 12, 2021
Naijatask:

The best way to learn programming with your smartphone, is through the use of "SoloLearn" any other app to me, is just a waste of time.

Wrong!

There is no best way to learn programming. The best way varies from individual to individual.

4 Likes

Re: I've Started Learning Programming by lanibi(f): 11:57am On May 12, 2021
Karleb:
grin

E say programming is fun.

grin
He's still on HTML na
So it's still fun.

Waiting patiently for when he gets to JS.

BTW boss, please I have a question, I'm currently working on an E-commerce website. Still on the front end but I want to know if I have to create a product page for each product on the website or I can create a product page then link it to each product however, it'll only show the details of each product. Is there a way I can use JS to work that out or PHP can do that?

I've searched online but not getting anything and I need to get that done before moving on.
Re: I've Started Learning Programming by Sososo(f): 12:13pm On May 12, 2021
good start.

one step at a time
Re: I've Started Learning Programming by Sososo(f): 12:18pm On May 12, 2021
i have learnt html,css and now on bootstrap
Re: I've Started Learning Programming by Tunde835(m): 1:31pm On May 12, 2021
Re: I've Started Learning Programming by Karleb(m): 4:27pm On May 12, 2021
lanibi:
He's still on HTML na
So it's still fun.

BTW boss, please I have a question, I'm currently working on an E-commerce website. Still on the front end but I want to know if I have to create a product page for each product on the website or I can create a product page then link it to each product however, it'll only show the details of each product. Is there a way I can use JS to work that out or PHP can do that?

I've searched online but not getting anything and I need to get that done before moving on.

It depends on what you want. You could it either way.

Have a single page that loads all products from the database, loop through the products and display each and it's details in a div that has a add to cart button. You could also wrap the div around an anchor tag "<a>" that leads to a page that has the products details and similar products like the product and all. But it's not really necessary.

I hope this helps. Please, stop the boss thingy.

2 Likes

Re: I've Started Learning Programming by lanibi(f): 6:19pm On May 12, 2021
Karleb:

It depends on what you want. You could it either way.

Have a single page that loads all products from the database, loop through the products and display each and it's details in a div that has a add to cart button. You could also wrap the div around an anchor tag "<a>" that leads to a page that has the products details and similar products like the product and all. But it's not really necessary.

I hope this helps. Please, stop the boss thingy.

Yes it did.
Thanks for taking your time to respond boss grin
Re: I've Started Learning Programming by CSTRR: 8:20pm On May 12, 2021
I have learnt this and that.

How many project have you built?

That is the real test o.
When you start building projects, you go know if you Don learn or not.

1 Like

Re: I've Started Learning Programming by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:41pm On May 12, 2021
lanibi:
He's still on HTML na
So it's still fun.

If you are using React, you can create your product pages and pass the data as a prop from the product itself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I've Started Learning Programming by lanibi(f): 11:43pm On May 12, 2021
Re: I've Started Learning Programming by TheStrongest: 1:10am On May 13, 2021
uksonmike:

Learning from an e-book could be hard same with practicing with your smartphone.. very challenging!
I have a link to a complete web development course from an Asian Lady in appbrewery. Very explanatory
If you're interested.. I dropped my whatsapp number in a previous comment.. I'm just a dm away!
Angela Yu I guess
Re: I've Started Learning Programming by lanibi(f): 5:20am On May 13, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

If you are using React, you can create your product pages and pass the data as a prop from the product itself.
Thank you so much boss.
I will try that out.
Re: I've Started Learning Programming by Drella(m): 10:15am On May 13, 2021
uksonmike:

Paid?
Re: I've Started Learning Programming by uksonmike(m): 2:43pm On Jun 02, 2021
Drella:

Paid?

No
Re: I've Started Learning Programming by uksonmike(m): 2:43pm On Jun 02, 2021
TheStrongest:
Angela Yu I guess

Yes
Re: I've Started Learning Programming by genaro2000(m): 7:48pm On Jun 06, 2021
uksonmike:

Yes
Meen that lady is very good, am still going through her course on web development. Just started not up to a week ago
Re: I've Started Learning Programming by Ezike25: 12:11pm On Jun 07, 2021
I really want to learn programming ,which can teach me,my contact 09152353512
Re: I've Started Learning Programming by VanBommel(m): 7:46pm On Jun 07, 2021
uksonmike:

I'm interested boss, I'll dm you straightaway.
Re: I've Started Learning Programming by Brightale(f): 11:18am On Jun 08, 2021
HI, Everyone. I'm trying to learn javascript, but my codes are not working on any of my browsers.

(1) (Reply)

Vb Is Killing Me? / Hibernate And Spring / How Can Someone Make Money From A Desktop App?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.