Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,984 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

Vb Is Killing Me? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Vb Is Killing Me? (1587 Views)

How To Send SMS Using Asp.net/vb.net / Pls Help: My Final Year Project Is Killing Me / Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vb Is Killing Me? by khuna(f): 10:19am On Nov 24, 2006
i just started learnin VB.net and it isn't playing fair on me, pls i need e-materials and some sites to get me through
Re: Vb Is Killing Me? by Mustay(m): 11:57am On Nov 24, 2006
Khuna i study programming as a 'part time' course and I've never had so much interest until VB. I REALLY DON'T LIKE c+ but 'ving some basic knowledge in it 'll help ur VB . u can visit VBCODE.COM or CODELANCE.COM
Re: Vb Is Killing Me? by parosky(m): 9:54am On Dec 06, 2006
Keep at it brother. If you consider the power it gives you and the ease of leaning together, you are probably on the best programming language. If you can let me know the part you have problem with I can check for some of my collection that treated it very well for you. There is no programming language that should trouble anybody that can read and write english language

You can check these websites for materials

www.xpressionsz.com/archives/category/programming/page/1
www.ebooksportal.org/category/it-ebooks/net/page/1
Re: Vb Is Killing Me? by adewaleafolabi(m): 11:41am On Dec 06, 2006
i never liked vb6 i'll try vb.net but am not much of a microsoft fan anylonger am considering sumtin like java
Re: Vb Is Killing Me? by parosky(m): 12:09pm On Dec 06, 2006
adewaleafolabi
VB6 sure has some shortcomings but they really didn't impact much on it's strength. But vb2005 rub shoulders with the best language in the world. For Rapid Application Development, there is yet to be a language like VB. I know you like open source stuffs. Try www.sharpdevelop.com for an open source alternetive to microsoft VB IDE. You'll need .Net framework 2.0. Microsoft also has a free but a bit watered down VB studio on their web site. You won't miss the features left out unless you are developing in a team or you want to make a custom control. You can make VB your 2nd (or 3rd) language.
Re: Vb Is Killing Me? by adewaleafolabi(m): 7:31pm On Dec 06, 2006
thanks does that mean code written i vb 2005 would be able to run on other os like linux because vb 6 stop only on windows. when it comes to speed vb has no rival when it comes to porting codes to other os i believe c would win
Re: Vb Is Killing Me? by adewaleafolabi(m): 10:27am On Dec 07, 2006
ok so does anyone knows where i can get the express edition? downloading is an impossible option thanks
Re: Vb Is Killing Me? by parosky(m): 3:52pm On Dec 07, 2006
Codes written for .net platform does not run on Linux but I think an emulator can help in that regards. I've not tried it though, and not very sure as my works on Linux is mainly with java So I don't bother any other OS with windows things.
If you are so particular about interaction between .Net languages and Linux, you can google "mono" to know more

For VB express, try using a download manager so that it will not be very frustrating. OR I can burn it for you if you have a blank CD but I'm in Abuja.
Re: Vb Is Killing Me? by andre5(f): 6:07pm On Dec 07, 2006
adewaleafolabi:

thanks does that mean code written i vb 2005 would be able to run on other os like linux because vb 6 stop only on windows. when it comes to speed vb has no rival when it comes to porting codes to other os i believe c would win

where have u been? microsoft have re-designed VB its now fully OOP and its just as good a C, and when it comes to porting to another platform its also possible because the whole idea behide .net is that its platform independant, all linux needs to have is the .net framework but i dont think microsoft will ever release a .Net framework for a rival platform like linux, but i think there's one for Mac OS and Palm OS.
Re: Vb Is Killing Me? by andre5(f): 6:16pm On Dec 07, 2006
parosky:

Keep at it brother. If you consider the power it gives you and the ease of leaning together, you are probably on the best programming language. If you can let me know the part you have problem with I can check for some of my collection that treated it very well for you. There is no programming language that should trouble anybody that can read and write english language

You can check these websites for materials

www.xpressionsz.com/archives/category/programming/page/1
www.ebooksportal.org/category/it-ebooks/net/page/1

Its hopeless trying to download anything from here, u have premuim account or something
Re: Vb Is Killing Me? by adewaleafolabi(m): 8:06am On Dec 08, 2006
well thanks everyone well in the mean time am stuck to windows my linux hard disk died after 8months isn't that strange its even a seagate. i heard sumtin about mono i'll give it a try
Re: Vb Is Killing Me? by parosky(m): 8:30am On Dec 08, 2006
andre5
You are not the first time I heard this comment about those website esp. xpressiosz but I have a load of materials I downloaded from these sites and I don't have a premium account.

adewaleafolabi
Sorry about your hard disk. Hope you don't have a lot of stuffs on it. I heard people say seagate crash more often than other brands.
Re: Vb Is Killing Me? by adewaleafolabi(m): 10:36am On Dec 08, 2006
well not much the one that pained me was the windows partition on another hard disk that the files were gone
Re: Vb Is Killing Me? by Damy(m): 2:21pm On Dec 08, 2006
so good to hear you guys are learning VB hope one can get e-materials from you guys?
Re: Vb Is Killing Me? by andre5(f): 4:16pm On Dec 08, 2006
EBOOKS links that work, took be hours to track down these site,
omo guy, dont crash the site.

http://www.b213.net/index.php?id=asp
http://novian.web.ugm.ac.id/vbnet.php
Re: Vb Is Killing Me? by shadoghale(m): 8:03pm On Dec 08, 2006
@ Andre 5
God Bless you , You dont know how much you have saved a life with this information.
Re: Vb Is Killing Me? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Dec 12, 2006
parosky:

Codes written for .net platform does not run on Linux . . .
Hey guys there's Mono and dotGNU? These are the OpenSource versions of the .NET runtime! Boy, you can run/compile your C# and VB.NET apps in Linux!

(1) (Reply)

Hibernate And Spring / Pls I Need A Book On System Programing / Why Is Data Stored And Not Information.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.