Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,323 members, 7,811,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

Austin Umweni: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills Popular Pharmacist In Edo (Photo) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Austin Umweni: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills Popular Pharmacist In Edo (Photo) (44202 Views)

Hit-And-Run Driver Injures Policeman In Lagos (Graphic Photos) / Hit-And-Run Driver Knocks Down Echefu Lawrencia Uloma, LAUTECH Student (Photos) / Lady Killed By A Hit And Run Driver In Sapele, Delta. Do You Know Her? (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Austin Umweni: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills Popular Pharmacist In Edo (Photo) by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 3:12pm On May 06, 2021
Update From . COM

A top pharmacist identified as Austin Umweni, has been killed by a hit-and-run driver in Benin City, Edo state while jogging.

It was gathered that Umweni, the proprietor of Austin Pharmacy, was jogging in the early hours of Wednesday, May 5, along Airport Road when the driver said to be driving a Mercedes Benz car hit him. He died on the spot.

The remains of the top pharmacist have been deposited at a morgue in the state capital.

Meanwhile, the family of the deceased went to the state traffic division on Sapele Road and asked the authorities to fish out his killer.

A worker at the pharmacy store located on Igun street described the deceased as a compassionate man.

Spokesperson of the Edo State Police Command, Kontongs Bello, who confirmed the incident, said that he was yet to get the full report of the situation.

Source: https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2021/5/hit-and-run-driver-kills-popular-pharmacist-in-edo.html

1 Like

Re: Austin Umweni: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills Popular Pharmacist In Edo (Photo) by Simplyleo: 3:32pm On May 06, 2021
the family of the deceased went to the state traffic division on Sapele Road and asked the authorities to fish out his killer

This request is valid but 98% impossible.

RIP man

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Austin Umweni: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills Popular Pharmacist In Edo (Photo) by spinna: 3:32pm On May 06, 2021
Jog round your compound or buy a treadmill.. i dont think its wise to be jogging on roadside especially early hours when drunkards are going home and criminals still lurk. See purpose of jogging (health and long life) defeated..God help us. Well adieu Austin

169 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Austin Umweni: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills Popular Pharmacist In Edo (Photo) by KingZaddy(m): 3:37pm On May 06, 2021

Can I advice you guys running this site?

Can you cut down on the number of death news you drop on front page... Of we want to post about death then we will spend the entire year talking about death because people die every second...

This news on deaths are not helping anybody, they frustrate people, get people agitated, perplexed, hateful....

Please reduce the death updates abeg, stop scaring people like the world wants to end...

Try do more of motivation, promote nairalanders who are making powerful posts...

For example I run a YouTube channel where I do movie reviews and shoot short films... You can share my movie reviews or share my short films... Entertain the people more not make them frustrated about Nigeria and it's problems, posting deaths don't motivate...

Entertain people to suppress their problems, not entertaining them with the colour of DJ cuppy's toilet paper or Davido's new jacket...

There are lots of powerful contents inside this site, search for them and encourage people more, make us happy on front page not angry...

Here is my YouTube channel, kindly subscribe for more coming videos...

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC5iEmotqVvj0aQeLyE9BAVA

102 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Austin Umweni: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills Popular Pharmacist In Edo (Photo) by Authoreety: 3:37pm On May 06, 2021
So painful...

Pls, when goin for joggs along the road always try to be super attentive..

That period when you are getting tired as a jogger is the most critical time of one's life.. Avoid earphones and distractions...

You need to see how I watch my back and front at the sound of any engine operated whatever in order to understand the occupants intentions.

In all these, na only God dey sustain us

8 Likes

Re: Austin Umweni: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills Popular Pharmacist In Edo (Photo) by The5DME(m): 3:37pm On May 06, 2021
v
Re: Austin Umweni: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills Popular Pharmacist In Edo (Photo) by ProfAmaben(m): 3:37pm On May 06, 2021
Let's limit the amount of bad news in this country. What is this again? Young people dieing anyhow. Gosh...

1 Like

Re: Austin Umweni: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills Popular Pharmacist In Edo (Photo) by oluseyiforjesus(m): 3:37pm On May 06, 2021
Hit n run drivers can only run but they can't hide because d blood of d dead will be after Dem...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Austin Umweni: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills Popular Pharmacist In Edo (Photo) by emmanuel596(m): 3:37pm On May 06, 2021
...God rest his soul
Re: Austin Umweni: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills Popular Pharmacist In Edo (Photo) by Samirana360(m): 3:37pm On May 06, 2021
Nemesis will soon catch up with the driver
Re: Austin Umweni: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills Popular Pharmacist In Edo (Photo) by yanabasee1(m): 3:37pm On May 06, 2021
No joy for this country....

Everywhere is bloodshed....

He promised to soak people in blood..

1 Like

Re: Austin Umweni: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills Popular Pharmacist In Edo (Photo) by OfficialGaGa(m): 3:38pm On May 06, 2021
Bad news everywhere.... wic kind wahala be this....

I know say Buhari n BMC go dey Happy.... May God nor let be causality to the evil of the land... Amin

RIP

God punish buhari n him children/supporters

3 Likes

Re: Austin Umweni: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills Popular Pharmacist In Edo (Photo) by iampeterben(m): 3:38pm On May 06, 2021
May his soul RIP and please God grant the family the fortitude to bear this irreplaceable loss.
Re: Austin Umweni: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills Popular Pharmacist In Edo (Photo) by diplomat058(m): 3:38pm On May 06, 2021
Sad. The rates at which criminals get away with traffic offences are worrisome. Our highways need better policing, but the country is deformed already. May the Lord comfort his beloved.
Re: Austin Umweni: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills Popular Pharmacist In Edo (Photo) by bayelsaowei(m): 3:38pm On May 06, 2021
What is wrong with Nigeria and Nigerians ?
Re: Austin Umweni: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills Popular Pharmacist In Edo (Photo) by Kilishihunter: 3:38pm On May 06, 2021
The SonyMax show 1000 ways to die keeps on enacting itself more and more daily in this zoo
Re: Austin Umweni: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills Popular Pharmacist In Edo (Photo) by 900warriorz: 3:38pm On May 06, 2021
Simplyleo:

This request is valid but 98% impossible.

RIP man
It is invalid because of the shit hole we are in...In a sane country, the killer will be fished out with traffic cams

RIP Pharmacist...We love you but God loves you most.
cry
Re: Austin Umweni: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills Popular Pharmacist In Edo (Photo) by temitope27(m): 3:38pm On May 06, 2021
He jog go heaven
Re: Austin Umweni: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills Popular Pharmacist In Edo (Photo) by caesymore(m): 3:38pm On May 06, 2021
too badd mehnnnn... shocked

This one weak me because I jog everyday for like 30mins daily and 60mins weekends before the days activities , and I enjoy jogging around because of the fresh air and for a view of the surrounding I'm not a fan of treadmill but for this I have seen the importance.

Hit and run is risky, the driver of the Benz if you dey read these replies for this thread you should bring yourself forward its an accident, a guy from my area did the hit and run sometime, few months after he became mad, its the few of us that knew about the hit and run issue that told his people they later located the victims family and they till today claim they have no hand in what happened even though they looked for him to take care of the burial rights but he went hidden.

R.I.P Mr. Austin.
UDOKABESTLUV:
Update From . COM

A top pharmacist identified as Austin Umweni, has been killed by a hit-and-run driver in Benin City, Edo state while jogging.

It was gathered that Umweni, the proprietor of Austin Pharmacy, was jogging in the early hours of Wednesday, May 5, along Airport Road when the driver said to be driving a Mercedes Benz car hit him. He died on the spot.

The remains of the top pharmacist have been deposited at a morgue in the state capital.

Meanwhile, the family of the deceased went to the state traffic division on Sapele Road and asked the authorities to fish out his killer.

A worker at the pharmacy store located on Igun street described the deceased as a compassionate man.

Spokesperson of the Edo State Police Command, Kontongs Bello, who confirmed the incident, said that he was yet to get the full report of the situation.

Source: https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2021/5/hit-and-run-driver-kills-popular-pharmacist-in-edo.html
Re: Austin Umweni: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills Popular Pharmacist In Edo (Photo) by azpelicueta: 3:40pm On May 06, 2021
Clear murder.

Na setup
Re: Austin Umweni: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills Popular Pharmacist In Edo (Photo) by PeriodBlood: 3:40pm On May 06, 2021
People die everyday in this country embarassed
Re: Austin Umweni: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills Popular Pharmacist In Edo (Photo) by obembet(f): 3:40pm On May 06, 2021
There are more than 100 ways to die in this country. Any day u wake up, go out/work and come back safely. Just thank God for grace

1 Like

Re: Austin Umweni: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills Popular Pharmacist In Edo (Photo) by Frales6(f): 3:41pm On May 06, 2021
nawa ooooo
Re: Austin Umweni: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills Popular Pharmacist In Edo (Photo) by semyman: 3:41pm On May 06, 2021
Predictions of the charlatans for the year never saw all these including the senior son of their Zaddy
Men just cashing out on the gullibles
Re: Austin Umweni: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills Popular Pharmacist In Edo (Photo) by Nanorest: 3:42pm On May 06, 2021
emmanuel596:
Where was the popular pharmacist going to without his car?...God rest his soul

I know him.... It was an instruction from his doctor as his work restricted him to his chair daily.... That was the only way to keep fit before each work day

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics / Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) / Asaba: Vehicles Submerged In Mud Water As Flood Ravages Nnebisi Road (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.