Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,339 members, 7,860,854 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:23 PM

Breakup? Wwhat Then Would Happen To Nigeria's Debt And Treasury? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breakup? Wwhat Then Would Happen To Nigeria's Debt And Treasury? (819 Views)

Govt Borrowings Unproductive — Peter Obi Rakes Over Nigeria’s Debt Profile / Debt And Waste As Economic Policy – Peter Obi / FACT-CHECK: How Accurate Is Osinbajo’s Claim On Nigeria’s Debt Profile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breakup? Wwhat Then Would Happen To Nigeria's Debt And Treasury? by thetech: 11:25pm On May 06, 2021
The talks of Nigeria breaking into three different states based on ethnicity have been on for a while now. God forbid it comes to pass, but on the event of a breakup what would happen to the debt that Nigeria has incurred? Would it be divided equally amongst the three regions, or who takes it all?
What would also happen to federal government projects that have been paid for and are already underway?
And the money in the treasury(if there is any undecided)?

Do well to drop your opinion or detailed facts

OAM4J Mynd44
Re: Breakup? Wwhat Then Would Happen To Nigeria's Debt And Treasury? by Daveambition(m): 11:41pm On May 06, 2021
Whatchu mean by "GOD Forbid"?.. Biafra has rapidly moved with it decision, while Sunday Igboho is far away in western country to create more audience for Oduduwa Republic. As for the unpaid debt, e concern Arewa & 1nigeria miscreants cuz las las na colonies una go be under China

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breakup? Wwhat Then Would Happen To Nigeria's Debt And Treasury? by fergie001: 11:43pm On May 06, 2021
We go share am nah

Re: Breakup? Wwhat Then Would Happen To Nigeria's Debt And Treasury? by realstars: 11:55pm On May 06, 2021
Those That Borrow And Execute Theire Project Will Keep The Dept Own The Dept cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Breakup? Wwhat Then Would Happen To Nigeria's Debt And Treasury? by ajailer(m): 12:22am On May 07, 2021
If the separation comes without violence, the new nations will share the debt equally.
If otherwise then.......
Re: Breakup? Wwhat Then Would Happen To Nigeria's Debt And Treasury? by Nobody: 12:31am On May 07, 2021
thetech:
The talks of Nigeria breaking into three different states based on ethnicity have been on for a while now. God forbid it comes to pass, but on the event of a breakup what would happen to the debt that Nigeria has incurred? Would it be divided equally amongst the three regions, or who takes it all?
What would also happen to federal government projects that have been paid for and are already underway?

OAM4J Mynd44
Tinubu's village
Re: Breakup? Wwhat Then Would Happen To Nigeria's Debt And Treasury? by meccuno: 12:38am On May 07, 2021
The debt would be shared according to how the money was spent. if all the money was spent on rails from ibadan to lagos and kano to kaduna, then those people should bear the burden . grin grin grin grin grin

12 Likes

Re: Breakup? Wwhat Then Would Happen To Nigeria's Debt And Treasury? by Evanderbright: 1:12am On May 07, 2021
You dey ask who ?? grin

How many projects zoogeria's govt do for south east undecided

Oduduwa republic and Islamic republic of arewanistan better keep your share of the Chinese loans

4 Likes

Re: Breakup? Wwhat Then Would Happen To Nigeria's Debt And Treasury? by leofab(f): 2:40am On May 07, 2021
Hmm
Re: Breakup? Wwhat Then Would Happen To Nigeria's Debt And Treasury? by ScamHunter: 5:18am On May 07, 2021
The north is Nigeria and they're going nowhere. They gobbled the lion share of the resources and would pay the whale share of the debt. It'll be shared accordingly, Nigeria, Oduduwa and Biafra in the ratio 70:26:4

1 Like

Re: Breakup? Wwhat Then Would Happen To Nigeria's Debt And Treasury? by SmartPolician: 6:08am On May 07, 2021
Daveambition:
Whatchu mean by "GOD Forbid"?.. Biafra has rapidly moved with it decision, while Sunday Igboho is far away in western country to create more audience for Oduduwa Republic. As for the unpaid debt, e concern Arewa & 1nigeria miscreants cuz las las na colonies una go be under China

Forget the South West; they cannot leave Nigeria for now. For you to secede from a country, a reasonable number of your people have to key into the idea..just like what's happening in the east.

Unfortunately, the momentum is not in the SW region yet. In fact, many Yorubas in Lagos laugh at Sunday Igboho as they see him as an opportunist who's being controlled by the opposition. They tend to narrow it to party politics, saying that the guy is a flag-carrying member of the PDP.

In truth, saying that a particular tribe is attacking your people doesn't sound like enough reason to want to quit a union you have a strong stake in. For me, it sounds like a joke taken too far.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breakup? Wwhat Then Would Happen To Nigeria's Debt And Treasury? by ygowon: 6:08am On May 07, 2021
Hahaha! This thread just dey funny me
Re: Breakup? Wwhat Then Would Happen To Nigeria's Debt And Treasury? by helinues: 6:09am On May 07, 2021
Bring the chain saw now now and let's break the country....

grin cheesy
Re: Breakup? Wwhat Then Would Happen To Nigeria's Debt And Treasury? by StaffofOrayan(m): 6:20am On May 07, 2021
SmartPolician:

Forget the South West; they cannot leave Nigeria for now. For you to secede from a country, a reasonable number of your people have to key into the idea..just like what's happening in the east.

Unfortunately, the momentum is not in the SW region yet. In fact, many Yorubas in Lagos laugh at Sunday Igboho as they see him as an opportunist who's being controlled by the opposition. They tend to narrow it to party politics, saying that the guy is a flag-carrying member of the PDP.

In truth, saying that a particular tribe is attacking your people doesn't sound like enough reason to want to quit a union you have a strong stake in. For me, it sounds like a joke taken too far.

You are actually wrong about the mood of the SW, but since we were practically raised to be subservient to authority, it might take a while to manifest,

The terrorists have a short time left, so things MUST be ramped up in the coming months,

Everybody will get sense soon,

1 Like

Re: Breakup? Wwhat Then Would Happen To Nigeria's Debt And Treasury? by SmartPolician: 6:26am On May 07, 2021
StaffofOrayan:

You are actually wrong about the mood of the SW, but since we were practically raised to be subservient to authority, it might take a while to manifest,

The terrorists have a short time left, so things MUST be ramped up in the coming months,

Everybody will get sense soon,

Bro, I live in Lagos and have Yoruba friends.

What I wrote here is what they told me.
Re: Breakup? Wwhat Then Would Happen To Nigeria's Debt And Treasury? by Valkrie: 6:26am On May 07, 2021
thetech:

OAM4J Mynd44

They simply look at which region took what percentage of the debt and they share it accordingly...you can't ask the rest region to come and pay for loan used in developing the north....if your region used 80% of the loan then be prepared to pay back 80% plus there profit..no long english there....!!! Nobody is a fool..!!
Re: Breakup? Wwhat Then Would Happen To Nigeria's Debt And Treasury? by Valkrie: 6:30am On May 07, 2021
SmartPolician:

You can't use what you heard from few yorubas in lagos who probably have never gotten a brush with the fulani nasty character as a yardstick...I hope you know if you ask Tinubu same question the answer you are going to get...? If you want real answer go to Ondo, ekiti, osun and other western territories been attacked on daily basis by the fulani marauders and you would have your true answer...!!

1 Like

Re: Breakup? Wwhat Then Would Happen To Nigeria's Debt And Treasury? by SmartPolician: 6:32am On May 07, 2021
Valkrie:

You can't use what you heard from few yorubas in lagos who probably have never gotten a brush with the fulani nasty character as a yardstick...I hope you know if you ask Tinubu same question the answer you are going to get...? If you want real answer go to Ondo, ekiti, osun and other western territories been attacked on daily basis by the fulani marauders and you would have your true answer...!!

True, you have a point.
Re: Breakup? Wwhat Then Would Happen To Nigeria's Debt And Treasury? by StaffofOrayan(m): 6:33am On May 07, 2021
SmartPolician:

The villagers are dying on behalf of lagosians so it understandable they are still asleep,
But in rural SW, 2023 is the last thing on their mind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJlIzG_0Kj8
Re: Breakup? Wwhat Then Would Happen To Nigeria's Debt And Treasury? by danietohbadt(m): 6:33am On May 07, 2021
Since POPULATION is one of the criteria for sharing revenue allocation, it should also be used in sharing the debts.

1 Like

Re: Breakup? Wwhat Then Would Happen To Nigeria's Debt And Treasury? by PissfulProtester: 7:02am On May 07, 2021
SmartPolician:

You dey mind the mumu

Even without being told, is it not obvious?
Re: Breakup? Wwhat Then Would Happen To Nigeria's Debt And Treasury? by Igboid: 8:03am On May 07, 2021
Percentage of the loan spent on investments on different regional zones would be determined.
The same formular used to share monthly allocation would be used. Those who got fattest monthly allocation and investments, would naturally get a lion share of the debt repayment plan.
Re: Breakup? Wwhat Then Would Happen To Nigeria's Debt And Treasury? by rummmy: 8:25am On May 07, 2021
Whoever inherit Abuja and Lagos inherits the debt....

(1) (Reply)

Rip Buhari - The Real Dead Buhari / Lagos-ibadan Railway: Reno Omokri Caught In Another Lie / BUSTED: Buhari Claimed He Couldn't Afford Nomination Form While Paying Millions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.