Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,682 members, 7,844,241 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad - Health (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad (49560 Views)

At age 27 Am Slowly Going Mad What Can I Do / Help! My Kid Brother Is Going Mad. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by KAYCEEJUNIOR(m): 4:30pm On May 09, 2021
Send me your number at charles.kayceemeka@gmail.com, will refer you somewhere very close to Onitsha with Anambra.
Mrskillz1:
I am from a family of three. I have two brothers. One older and the other younger than me so I'm the only girl in my family.

I grew up seeing my Mom mad.
By my teen age, I got admission into Nnamdi Azikiwe University alongside my elder brother who was to study Engineering. By the time I was in my finals, my brother was getting ready for IT. One day, his roommate sent for me, he said they couldn't sleep the night before because my brother was talking to himself. Before we knew what was happening, my brother was getting violent and so we took him home and he never got back to finish school.
I proceeded with my education and finished. Went for NYSC. While serving the nation, My Mom died. When I got home, she'd been buried.
But my brother was still mad.

I later got job, took my brother to a Psychiatric hospital and the doctor after examining him said he is Schizophrenic. He was asked to stay in the hospital.
I paid. He then stayed there for one month. When I came to visit him, he pleaded with me to take him home that he didn't like it there.

So I took him home. Every month, I buy drugs for him and he gets injected. He usually puts up a fight but with the help of my younger brother, neighbors and a certain nurse, he receives the injection, forcefully and against his will.
Often times, he pleads with me not to inject him, the very time I obliged him, he scattered things, didn't allow the neighborhood sleep, talked throughout some nights and wouldn't eat sometimes. He looked really sick then but with the injection, one will hardly know he's not normal.
I told him that I won't let him miss his injection ever again.

Now, on Monday, my younger brother woke up and was unusually quiet. He normally wakes up and begins to play music with his phone or he will turn to football channel and watch until I leave for work. But I didn't go to work on Monday and I noticed he was quiet, then I asked him why he's quiet. He didn't respond. After some hours, I asked my Dad if he feels he's okay, My Dad said that he wants to be quiet and that I should let him be.

Then, that night, around 4am, my brother began to talk. He was shouting and some of the things he said were not coherent. He talked out of point. I and my Dad, with my elder brother surrounded him and I couldn't help crying when my Dad was cautioning him to keep quiet and he refused.
Neighbours thought it was my elder brother's voice they'd heard that night but by the time they heard in the morning that it was my younger brother, they visited my Dad in the evening. By then, my brother was still talking and even burnt his clothes yesterday.
My Dad got a few guys to chain him because he was violent yesterday when I left the house.
I know the problem is spiritual. I have prayed, fasted for my elder brother and now this!
I'm so unhappy.

Can someone suggest a place I can take my two brothers to so they can be cured, please.
Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Zetty177x: 4:57pm On May 09, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Sorry about my experience? Why? I am not sorry about my experience...I thank God for bringing me this far even after all that He had let me carry. undecided

I am snared by the words of my mouth? According to whom, your pastors and Mogs , all of them glorified babalawos? I am afraid you are speaking to the wrong kind of person. I don't cling to superstitions and lies - I believe in the Truth of God.

You have a good mind set. I must say from reading what u wrote above. I have a close cousin experiencing a kind of mental health issue. She keeps saying people want to kill her. I advised her severally and she keeps saying she's to be killed. I told her u are not Queen of England or Aisha Bubu, no one will want u dead...but the thought keeps getting worse. I'm really hurt about her situation. U can tell me what u did,so I can help her. ..what drugs do u advise? I love ur positivity..it's key to surviving any circumstances...you are blessed

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by themanderon: 5:45pm On May 09, 2021
Take them to the Lords chosen. Ignore the voices of these devil worshippers and atheists. Anointing varies in levels. That one person prayed and they were not healed doesn't mean that they can't be healed by a man with a higher anointing. Remember the deciples were not able to heal that man in the Bible till he was brought to Christ.
Medicines may bring tempory relief but the only true solution is Christ so never lose faith till that yoke is broken. All sicknesses in this world has a spirit that is behind it. An evil spirit that seeks a legal ground to afflict and kill it's victims. I have witnessed this in real life and can comfortably say only Jesus can save. Just keep believing and one day he will visit them.
Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Ogbaba123: 6:42pm On May 09, 2021
There’s a lot of hope. I sent you an email please do respond
Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Kobojunkiee: 6:55pm On May 09, 2021
Zetty177x:

You have a good mind set. I must say from reading what u wrote above. I have a close cousin experiencing a kind of mental health issue. She keeps saying people want to kill her. I advised her severally and she keeps saying she's to be killed. I told her u are not Queen of England or Aisha Bubu, no one will want u dead...but the thought keeps getting worse. I'm really hurt about her situation. U can tell me what u did,so I can help her. ..what drugs do u advise? I love ur positivity..it's key to surviving any circumstances...you are blessed
1. You need to learn how to conduct yourself around your cousin so you are not an added cause of stress to her existence with your attitude... if you love her, that is. undecided

2. There are different types and degrees to mental illness, and it is further complicated by the fact that our brains and minds are not built to the same exact specifications. Treatment of mental illness is meant to be tailored to the individual and so it is wrong to assume the same drug and dose that worked for Mr. A. will definitely work for Mr. B. undecided

3. If she has paranoid delusions as regularly as you make it seem, isn't it obvious she could benefit from mental health treatment from a professional who is able to more properly diagnose and recommend treatment for what it is that ails her? undecided
Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by ozoono(m): 7:40pm On May 09, 2021
wirinet:

And in your medical school, they taught you that schizophrenia is not hereditary or that it runs in families. Abeg which school did you go?
I DNT say it doesn't. Check my previous mention. I said sometimes it can be temporary. Not lasting. Like chronic madness
Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by thinksquad(m): 10:06pm On May 09, 2021
Go to THE LORD'S CHOSEN CHARISTIMATIC RIVIVAL MOVEMENT HQ in Anambra talk with the pastor in charge ,or watch THE CHOSEN TV ON YOUTUBE, or go to the lagos headquaters with their pictures. there is a program these thursday 13th may 2021 in lagos hq titled THAT PHAROAH MUST DIE,
Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Nobody: 11:49pm On May 09, 2021
Nne, I feel your pain. Your younger brother could be schizophrenic too. It can be caused by genetic and environmental factors. In this case, most likely genetic. So I'd suggest you take him to a competent psychiatrist. If you believe in prayers, you can also support the medical treatment with spiritual efforts. Stay strong and all the best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Kobojunkiee: 12:57am On May 10, 2021
joegigs:

Experiencing same with two of my eldest brothers, though they are now calm but can't do anything other than eat
I hope they are on treatment please. undecided
Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by namenick: 4:48am On May 10, 2021
Mrskillz1:

Amen.

I really need genuine help.
I believe so much that this will stop in my generation because my Mom used to tell us then even when she was mad that we will be fine. I want my brothers to be fine.

There’s a lot of information in this response. Your mum was once mad? And she said you guys will be fine? Can you asked your dad how she was cured? It’s easier to break out of something when you know the reason behind it.

First there’s nothing impossible for God to do, I’m talking from experience. The mistake you guys will make is to take them to the wrong place, thereby covenanting your family into deeper problems.

First before I recommend any church to you, Are you born again? Like do you have an intimate relationship with the father?

Let me tell you sis, you can not be lukewarm in a family like yours. First you’ve to be consecrated, and rugged in your pursuit of intimacy with Jesus. Have a mindset of: If you deliver us or not, I’ll serve you till the end.

1, Mfm will be top on my recommendations, but it’s not for the ill hearted.

2, Have you heard of NSPPD? Follow streamsofjoyinternational on Instagram and join their morning prayers, 7am till about 8:30am. From Monday to Friday. Be consistent and I assure you, your family will be delivered. If you join consistently with your heart only on God, and stay consecrated, you’ll be astonished on the way the Holy Ghost will visit your family from the comfort of your home.

3, Apostle Joshua Selman

Secret to receiving swiftly for God( even though it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy) but there are ways we can get God to answer us swiftly.

1, Be Also interested in knowing him, not only because you need a visitation

2, Stay consecrated and flee from all form of sin

3, When you attend any of those deliverance ministries I have stated above, or when you visit God in your quiet time, do it with the spirit of I’ll not let you go or else you bless me.

4, Have the mindset of only God can do this for me and no one else: “for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him”.

I’ll put you in my prayers, Stay strong sis

Nothing is too hard for our God
Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by joegigs(m): 6:28am On May 10, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
I hope they are on treatment please. undecided
They were initially on medication when my dad was alive. To even take the med na war.. We just working assiduously to make money and take them to better psychiatrics. But they ain't violent anymore and can communicate
Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by zeuss: 6:57am On May 10, 2021
Mrskillz1:

Since birth. We were born here.

I don't want to go through the medication way for him, I've done that for my elder brother for years now.

Please change location asap. many time environment have link to problems one encounters

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Mrskillz1(f): 7:51am On May 10, 2021
latitidejavu:
Poster I have taken it upon myself to keep repeating this till you acknowledge you have heard me. Any doctor here will understand why the emphasis. People go to all manner of stupid places looking for pastors and prophets and herbalists to cure what your family is experiencing only to finally destroy any chances of full recovery.

Poster please go to a Federal Neuropsychiatrist hospital New Heaven Enugh. The earlier you go the better the prognosis. Please. You are in Onitsha, drive down to Federal Neuropsychiatrist Hospital New Heaven Enugu on Monday. Don't make the mistake of going with all these herbal and spiritual solutions.

These are very stupid ideas. That many people are saying it's spiritual doesn't make it true. A lot of people are ignorant and daft! I am pleading with you. That young man is NOT under any attack. Your family is NOT under any curse or attack. Just like diabetics run in some families, this condition is also familial. Please start early to save that young man.

Consultant Neuropsychiatrists will manage this case very well and your brother will be whatever he wants to be so long as he takes his medications. The earlier you commence treatment the better the management.

Please in God's name DO NOT patronize all these prophets, pastors, herbal nonsense. This is a normal case. It's familial. Positive history from your mother's side. It is NOT a curse. It is NOT an attack.

It is a purely medical condition
Hi.
I have heard you.
We are using Nawfia for now.
I feel the New haven Psychiatric you recommended is the same with this one at Nawfia.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Mrskillz1(f): 8:06am On May 10, 2021
LisaAnneMia:
Hi dear, I'm so sorry about what's going on. I believe you're a Christian. I'm not going to tell you to pray and fast or read 50 Bible verses a day or meet any pastor to lay hands on them. You can do that if u wish. What I'll just tell you is very simple and it'll need you to simply believe.

I'd love for you to partake of the Holy Communion with your brothers (if they've ever accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior then they're Christians already). Don't fear based on what people have said that if you're unworthy or someone who's not living right, you'll fall sick or die. For he who eats and drinks in an unworthy manner, eats and drinks judgement to himself, not discerning the Lord's body... So to discern the Lord's body is to separate the work of the body from the work of the blood.

Jesus bore their sicknesses and everything that's wrong with them right now. And the blood represents their sins that have been forgiven. So when you partake with them, don't ask Him to heal them. Simply thank Him for healing them. Tell Him "thank you Jesus that by Your stripes, my brothers are healed from..." And when you want to drink the wine with them, don't ask Him to forgive them or be sin-conscious. Be forgiveness-conscious and say [b]"Thank you Jesus for forgiving us of all our sins and making us righteous by your blood"

Don't neglect taking them to the hospital or giving them drugs. Neither should you ignore the Lord's supper. Take the Holy Communion daily with them. You can take it three times a day if you want. In the Bible, the disciples went from house to house to partake of it. So they ate it many times a day. But don't do it ritually. Each time you want to partake, even though you're preparing it, see Jesus preparing it for you guys and giving you all the bread and wine.

You can use grape juice or wine or any other drink that looks like wine. You can use bread or crackers too. And when partaking, don't look somber or sad. Rejoice and believe their breakthrough is here. Just know Jesus wants to heal them. Majority of what He did on earth was to heal.

Remember the children of Israel the night before they left Egypt? The Bible says none were feeble when they left. And that's because of what they partook the night before. They ate a lamb. And now, we in the new covenant have the perfect Lamb to eat. Don't worry about having big faith before they can be healed. Each time you partake just believe in your heart that they are getting better and better. Take it one step at a time. Remember Jesus said a faith as little as a mustard seed can move mountains? So see your faith as small as that each time you partake with them. See them being healed little by little each time you partake with them. Don't give up no matter how many days or weeks or months you eat it. They'll get better and see the results, permanent results. Also, let them continuously listen to sermons that speak on Jesus' love for them, sermons that explains the finished work of Christ... strictly about Jesus. Faith won't come by hearing the law or obeying the commandments. Faith comes when you hear the good news of Jesus...that Jesus is healing, just like those who got healed when Jesus was on earth. They heard He was healing and got healed. Faith comes by hearing and hearing the Word of God.

Lastly, a single act of eating brought damnation to the world (Adam)...it brought sicknesses and aging to the world. So can a simple act of partaking of the Lord's body reverse all the curses and sicknesses. I pray they receive divine health in Jesus name! And don't fear or worry about yourself. Christ has redeemed you from every curse of the law. That's a promise. Hold on to it and confess it whenever such fears crop up to your mind. I'd love to explain more but it's already too long.
Thank you so much.
Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Mrskillz1(f): 8:15am On May 10, 2021
tangnewy:
I'd like to share my experience regarding your present situation. First, I believe that there may be some underlying mental conditions that you need to urgently attend to/ take care of before you lose another person. Go see a medical doctor who is also a Psychiatrist as the latter does not prescribe drugs. I also believe that spiritual forces use physical problems to taunt and torment.
Whenever I felt the urge to talk uncontrollably, I just refused to respond. I also quote Psalm105:15. Psalm 54 also worked for my mum. I read the bible as if my life depended on it. I went for deliverance several times at MFM prayer city. This is about your personal salvation and not some pastors praying for you or your folks. I engaged in midnight prayers aimed at destroying my ancestral stronghold. I also believe that battles like these have a long span. I remember one time I was going to get something at a store in Europe and suddenly I saw a creature. It had no nose. Immediately, we saw each other, it covered its face. I was not wise enough to request the fire on God to consume it. Another time, I felt this urge to commit suicide. It was so strong that only God delivered me. I was in the sitting room when I saw a masquerade. It disappeared immediately I saw it and the urge left me instantly. I have a question for those who feel it is strictly a medical condition: why did I not see Bill Gates, Elon Musk e.t.c? Why a masquerade. I was born in Lagos. I've never spent up to a month in the village and the last time I traveled to the village was more than thirty years ago.
I am not tilting towards it not being a spiritual problem at all.
I'm going both medical and prayer way.
I thought I wasn't doing it right so I asked for help here with thoughts that there might be a recommendation that can fix it once and for us all but with the look of things here, and the responses so far, I think I am on the right track.

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience, I'll keep praying and using medication on them.
And you said that life battles like this takes a long span.
I hope my faith fails not along the way.
Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Mrskillz1(f): 8:20am On May 10, 2021
DukeJenrus:
It happened to my younger sister and will take her to traditional way but couldn't do anything to get her well. But went back to our family doctor to confirm what's the solution. He did lab for her and prescribed some medications and we went pharmacy to get the drugs including injections and drip. Now she is fine and went back to finish her school as it stands now she's doing well no issues and sometimes we go to her school to visit her no sign that she run mad before. I believe if you take your brothers there they will be fine. The Address: Nbawsi Office
20 Railway Station Avenue
P.O Box 144 Nbawsi
Isiala Ngwa North in Abia State
Bentina Clinical Laboratories or Aba Office 161 Hospital Road Aba. Dr.Chijindu is his name, contact 07064541008.
Okay.
Thank you for this address.
Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Mrskillz1(f): 8:25am On May 10, 2021
pinkygurl:

Oya gather here people who have a mad relation o.
Op so sorry about this.l myself have a mad relation & l remember in 100level,a form we submitted to school asked us to tick if there is trace of madness in the family.
You are not alone.you might want to message me.l know how it is,growing up in an environment with a mad relation.The aunty also showed 1st sign of madness/psychosis/schizoprena full blown /pregnancy related giving birth to last born.Some women experience madness giving birth .She was already a graduate & out of NYSC & had other kids.so you yourself are at risk genetically especially if its a parent.
GOOD NEWS is that despite the relation having run mad like thrice in the space of 30years,crises period only occured whenever she stopped taking her drugs. & for each violent crises period,she was surmounted,chained & quickly rushed to the psychiatric hospital for patient admission.Each time,she stayed months there under doctor supervision & relatives visited until she was certified normal,nonviolent & discharged home with her drugs to take daily.
OP,she is on madness drugs for life.Thats how she stays normal to contribute her quota to society.She is a well adjusted civil servant & even raised all her children to university level as a widow.
There is hope for sufferers.especially if you dont run to unnecessary spiritual sources like someone rightly noted earlier.That is sure to worsen the problem to medically inassistable.
My advice get the relations quickly to reputable psychiatric doctors in "psychiatric hospitals" like The one in Uselu,Benin; Federal Neuropsychiatrist hospital New Heaven Enugu,etc .& get them on drugs daily.Even diabetes & full blown hypertensive patient are classified as terminally ill patients on drugs for life.so nothing strange about that here.A diabetic relation of mine diagnosed in his twenties,took lnsulin injections daily for over 40years until the day he died.
I would love to see your ill siblings medically supported & assisted terminally,and see them going back to university to complete their degrees.
Even mentally ill patients can be useful to society if they get proper medical assistance.You can pray for them while they are at the psychiatric hospital & pray for them to respond to drugs!!!. Avoid spiritualist at all cost.Someone l know was sent to an early grave few weeks after getting a spiritualist's help.This is a medical problem.lf its spiritual,The schizoprena illl patient,wont respond to schizoprena drugs.
My prayer is that your mentally ill relations respond to medical support.& dont forget l have a relation with full blown psychosis who takes the drug daily for life & is well adjusted to society as a civil servant.God Be With you as you seek the medical help needed in time.
Sending Love and light.
I deeply appreciate this.
But the thing is, I knew to use medication on my brother up till date yet I want him to be okay.
That's all.
And with my younger brother's case now, I don't want them on medication for the rest of their lives.
I just want permanent solution.
Is that too much to ask?
Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Mrskillz1(f): 8:31am On May 10, 2021
Modupeoluwa123:
I’m so sorry for what you are passing through. I definitely know how sad this is. I used to have a cousin who got married and boom! this whole issue started. My cousin will talk from morning to night, run around the street and when she is given food, she will urinate inside the food. Well, we took a lot of step, both medical and spiritual and today she is totally fine.
I could help but why not take him to a general hospital for a test first of all, because some of these sickness can be passed on from generation to generation.
1. Can you run a test to know what exactly is happening?
2: can he be placed on drug and then I can tell you some things to buy as well.
3.He will be fine, I believe.
He's at the hospital now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by LisaAnneMia: 9:00am On May 10, 2021
Mrskillz1:

Thank you so much.

You're welcome
Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Malawian(m): 9:24am On May 10, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
But God is the one who instituted generational curses in His Old covenant Law of Moses, which in deuteronomy 30, you were told only binds those of the blood of Jacob - gentiles not living in the land of Canaan where never bound by that law in any way. undecided

Ezekiel 18 does not only talk about how to get away from generational curses. God Himself tells you in Ezekiel 18 that no longer will generational curses happen in His Israel, the same people who He declared generational curses over. He said instead that the one who sins will die... bringing an end to generational curses , which He instituted. undecided
Which brings us to a very salient question. Do you believe Igbos are of a Hebrew stock or not? Generational curses may be valid for Igbo and not valid for Yoruba. But arguing that such things don't exist is the crux of the matter here.
Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Mrskillz1(f): 9:26am On May 10, 2021
kingxsamz:

You're not intelligent, Infact you're far from it.
And I don't mean to be rude, I'm just stating facts. They are recommending churches for you to visit and numerous unreasonable spiritual nonsense to do, and you're saying thank you.
When you have finished wasting your time and playing with your brother's life by jumping from one church to another like Ada Jesus, then you'll come and cry. It's not you I pity, it's your brother for having someone like you as a sister with such poor line of thoughts.
If you people are so aware of these spiritual nonsense that you so much believe in, and believe churches have the answers, then you won't be suffering from poverty, insecurity, hardship, sickness and terrorism.
Don't find your brother medical help, keep jumping from church to church enriching the pockets of your fellow man. Mtchew.

YOU ARE SO KIND WITH WORDS
Thank you.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Mrskillz1(f): 9:46am On May 10, 2021
EdwardRandy:
Op good morning. I read your write up and I must say I'm sorry about your brother.
I am from Anambra but I live in Lagos, I can help you seek solutions if you haven't got anyone yet. From what you wrote I can say your case may be spiritual and not really something drugs can heal.
Send me a DM if nobody here has given u a good idea yet, I'm willing to help the little way I can. But most importantly do you believe in tradition?
By tradition, you mean native doctors? No.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by adadike(f): 9:58am On May 10, 2021
Mrskillz1:

Thank you.
ya eh! Ike gwuru
Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by kingxsamz(m): 10:06am On May 10, 2021
Mrskillz1:

Thank you.

Those that are kind with words are recommending you to push your brother to his doom. You want to solve his problem by going to MFM or some clownish church where he'll be wasting away. undecided
Don't take him to the right institution for help, be looking for who'll tell you sweet words. undecided

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Image123(m): 10:56am On May 10, 2021
kingxsamz:

Those that are kind with words are recommending you to push your brother to his doom. You want to solve his problem by going to MFM or some clownish church where he'll be wasting away. undecided
Don't take him to the right institution for help, be looking for who'll tell you sweet words. undecided

You surely must have read her say that she tried the "right institution" for her mum and elder brother. It failed.
Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by latitidejavu: 12:14pm On May 10, 2021
Nwanne, the Nwafia centre is for initial treatment and should be ok. I know he will get better. The doctor you are seeing will refer you to New Haven if there is any need. Don't be afraid. He will be fine.

Mrskillz1:

Hi.
I have heard you.
We are using Nawfia for now.
I feel the New haven Psychiatric you recommended is the same with this one at Nawfia.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by pinkygurl(f): 1:03pm On May 10, 2021
Mrskillz1:

I deeply appreciate this.
But the thing is, I knew to use medication on my brother up till date yet I want him to be okay.
That's all.
And with my younger brother's case now, I don't want them on medication for the rest of their lives.
I just want permanent solution.
Is that too much to ask?
From a medical perspective,especially with medical advancements available in this century,there is no permanent solution yet for terminal illness like diabetes,cancer,HIVAIDS,full blown madness/psychosis,even full blown hypertension.Especially diabetes,full blown madness/psychosis,full blown hypertension,They are placed on drugs for life & can live normally & healthily like others without anyone having a hint of their problem.
GOODLUCK WITH YOUR PERMANENT SOLUTION.
The only time l saw a mad person permanently cured after a crises period without reverting to drug ever again was a young senior secondary school lad who had artificial chemical/ hard drugs induced madness/methamphetamine gmod crack.
I remember the mental health section of family home Medical emergency self help book "YOUR HEALTH & YOU" volume 1,says most mental health patients on having brain examined,have all parts identical with healthy non mentally ill people.
BEST OF LUCK WITH PERMANENT SOLUTION.However in seeking permanent solution,do not deny your relation RIGHT TO A PSYCHIATRIC DOCTOR.
& be careful where you seek permanent spiritual help."SOME SPIRITUAL HELP" can worsen an already medically manageable situation.Some psychiatric patients do not respond to any medical help at all at all.Only God know where dem carry dem waka go or wetin dem shook hand put.
Last crises period my relation had,was after her husband's death.The kids were still in high school.& since her late husband was no more to be forcing her/encouraging her to take her drugs daily & the kids were too young then,MADAM CLAIMED A PASTOR PRAYED FOR HER & GOD HAS HEALED HER PERMANENTLY OF MADNESS. She stopped taking the drugs totally for OVER 4YEARS & LIVED NORMALLY FOUR GOOD YEARS WITHOUT DRUGS.Until her eventual relapse.I wish we knew earlier.The mild warning signs of incoming crises were there- insomnia aka SLEEPLESSNESS (She couldnt sleep at all at all for over two days straight, & was really talking a bit more.infact became very talkative & restless couldnt keep calm without talking).By the fourth day,she was yelling,dancing fiercly to No music,tearing her clothes,running naked,scattering her hair,threatening to kill & carrying knife & pestle to chase her kids,accusing everybody of plotting evil against her,was sure her clothes were dissapearing,until we overpowered her (because she was very violent & suddenly with extreme high energy levels/overly energetic,), "chained her" & rushed her to the hospital & she was cussing & threatening & talking nonstop chained all the way.That was over a decade ago.some of her church members who came around were moved to tears & started crying.some even had no clue she was a psychiatric patient.some prayed with the family.
She has been totally fine & normal ever since.& doesnt skip her drugs & that was how she singlehandedly raised all her kids, as a widow,from high school to university.All graduates now & some married with kids.She is a civil servant & due for retirement soon.
A neighbour with a mad adult son who went the traditional/spiritualists way,last time l checked,the man never married,has no stable job & was never adjusted to society unlike my relation.
Her late husband schooled in the usa & did not believe all this pastor/spiritualist stuff.That is why on his demise she had boldness to stop taking the drugs initially & visit prayer houses & claim one pastor healed her.We all believed the testimony too after one full miraculous year passed without drugs.Then two mentally fit/healthy years psychiatric drug free anniversary.then 3.Then 4...
Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by ezugwubb: 1:25pm On May 10, 2021
QUICKLY take your brother to THE LORD'S CHOSEN CHARISMATIC REVIVAL MINISTRY at Apapa Oshodi Express Way By Ijesha Bus Stop Lagos.
If you don't take him there first, it will be a waste of time.The Lord's Chosen is known as THE LAST BUS STOP.(Preferably on Thursday morning.)
You MUST testify if you obey my words.God bless you.
Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by fistonati(m): 2:43pm On May 10, 2021
I was touched reading your story and I pray for your household. I will advise that you visit AliExpress.com for medical solution because I believed in a way or the other the whites does experience such too and spiritual solution can't be the only way out. Yes we are spiritual in this part of the world but it shouldn't take our sense of belonging as not all problems are spiritually solved. The whites that experienced such didn't look for pastors for solution
Mrskillz1:
I am from a family of three. I have two brothers. One older and the other younger than me so I'm the only girl in my family.

By my teen age, I got admission into Nnamdi Azikiwe University alongside my elder brother who was to study Engineering. By the time I was in my finals, my brother was getting ready for IT. One day, his roommate sent for me, he said they couldn't sleep the night before because my brother was talking to himself. Before we knew what was happening, my brother was getting violent and so we took him home and he never got back to finish school.
I proceeded with my education and finished. Went for NYSC. While serving the nation, My Mom died. When I got home, she'd been buried.

I later got job, took my brother to a Psychiatric hospital and the doctor after examining him said he is Schizophrenic. He was asked to stay in the hospital.
I paid. He then stayed there for one month. When I came to visit him, he pleaded with me to take him home that he didn't like it there.

So I took him home. Every month, I buy drugs for him and he gets injected. He usually puts up a fight but with the help of my younger brother, neighbors and a certain nurse, he receives the injection, forcefully and against his will.
Often times, he pleads with me not to inject him, the very time I obliged him, he scattered things, didn't allow the neighborhood sleep, talked throughout some nights and wouldn't eat sometimes. He looked really sick then but with the injection, one will hardly know he's not normal.

Now, on Monday, my younger brother woke up and was unusually quiet. He normally wakes up and begins to play music with his phone or he will turn to football channel and watch until I leave for work. But I didn't go to work on Monday and I noticed he was quiet, then I asked him why he's quiet. He didn't respond. After some hours, I asked my Dad if he feels he's okay, My Dad said that he wants to be quiet and that I should let him be.

Then, that night, around 4am, my brother began to talk. He was shouting and some of the things he said were not coherent. He talked out of point. I and my Dad, with my elder brother surrounded him and I couldn't help crying when my Dad was cautioning him to keep quiet and he refused.
Neighbours thought it was my elder brother's voice they'd heard that night but by the time they heard in the morning that it was my younger brother, they visited my Dad in the evening. By then, my brother was still talking and even burnt his clothes yesterday.
My Dad got a few guys to chain him because he was violent yesterday when I left the house.
I know the problem is spiritual. I have prayed, fasted for my elder brother and now this!
I'm so unhappy.

Can someone suggest a place I can take my two brothers to so they can be cured, please.
Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by domchike(m): 2:57pm On May 10, 2021
Kindly bring your brother to HolyLand prayer ministry Onitsha
Its on the Enugu Onitsha express after Army Barracks
24 Vinee Oil Crescent
You can check them on Facebook
Mrskillz1:

I'm so unhappy.

Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by kingxsamz(m): 2:58pm On May 10, 2021
Image123:

You surely must have read her say that she tried the "right institution" for her mum and elder brother. It failed.

Yes, let her take her brother to MFM or Lord's Chosen he'll get well instantly, since those are the places sick or mentally unstable people are treated. undecided
Re: Help! My Younger Brother Is Going Mad by Image123(m): 3:01pm On May 10, 2021
kingxsamz:

Yes, let her take her brother to MFM or Lord's Chosen he'll get well instantly, since those are the places sick or mentally unstable people are treated. undecided

Taking her brother for prayers doesn't stop him from receiving medical care. Your ignorance needs cure, prayer is not mutually exclusive to medicine. The so called medical people are 99% religious people too.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

7 Reasons Not To Wear A Thong / 6 Common Signs That You Are Not Eating Enough Protein (Photos) / Top 5 Most Dangerous Drinks Consumed In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.