Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,906 members, 7,810,489 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:05 AM

The Future Nigerian Billionaire - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Future Nigerian Billionaire (945 Views)

(pic) Pmb's Advice To Our Future Nigerian Ladies. / Stand Up For Your Future Nigerian Youths By Akosa Onyedikachi / Meet Hadi Sirika Katsina Billionaire Tipped To Be Nigeria's Minister Of Aviation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Future Nigerian Billionaire by Nobody: 10:23pm On Apr 25, 2011
From time to time, I will be profiling outstanding African businessmen with a proven net worth of $100 million and above. If they work a little harder, they just might make our Forbes World’s Billionaires’ list someday. Today, the spotlight is on Jim Ovia, a Nigerian millionaire banker and telecoms magnate.

Jim Ovia

Residence: Lagos

Estimated Net worth: $400million – $600 million

Source: banking, real estate, telecoms

Education: MBA, University of Louisiana, United States

Family: Married with children

Bio: The reclusive godfather of Nigerian banking founded Zenith Bank Group in 1990. It grew into West Africa’s 2nd largest financial services provider by market capitalization and asset base. He was forced to step down as chief executive last year after 20-year stint following a Central Bank directive which limits the tenure of bank chiefs to 10 years.

Don’t feel sorry: He still remains largest individual shareholder. Bulk of wealth comes largely from a massive portfolio of prime real estate in some of Nigeria’s priciest neighborhoods: Victoria-Island, Ikoyi. Also owns Aquamarine, an exclusive boat club catering to Nigeria’s richest folks. Billionaire Aliko Dangote is a member.

Now devotes majority of his time towards managing Visafone, a telecoms outfit he founded in 2007. An information technology enthusiast, he founded the Youth Empowerment and ICT Foundation which powers education through technology.

Guilty Pleasure: Loves expensive boats

Re: The Future Nigerian Billionaire by EzeUche3(m): 10:26pm On Apr 25, 2011
I am in full support of this thread. cool
Re: The Future Nigerian Billionaire by viperman: 10:33pm On Apr 25, 2011
cool
Re: The Future Nigerian Billionaire by vladimiros: 10:35pm On Apr 25, 2011
just 17 but this are the kinds of Nigerians I look up too

many Niaja kids look up to Dbanj and rest not saying it bad we have our preferences,

but Dangote is my Idol ( don`t need to explain why)
Re: The Future Nigerian Billionaire by zstranger: 10:36pm On Apr 25, 2011
You call Jim Ovia, a big thief, future Billionaire grin

WHat a funny thread
Re: The Future Nigerian Billionaire by Nobody: 10:44pm On Apr 25, 2011
^^^^ Argue with Forbes, not me.
Re: The Future Nigerian Billionaire by violent(m): 10:44pm On Apr 25, 2011
There's not much to be envied in this man's past.

I doubt he came from a very wealthy background, from all indications, he just seem to have woken up a billionaire on a funny Saturday morning, now who does that?. . . .

------ Was a part time computer operator at Baton Rouge & Trust Company, Louisiana in 1977.
------- Financial Analyst at IMB in 1980
-------- Head of Corporate Finance department at Merchant Bank of Africa in 1987 to 1990

. . .and now, he owns a bank, and he's currently valued at over 600 million dollars

where's the missing dots?  Where did he obtain the capital with which he started Zenith Bank?. . .all fingers point at the national cake!
Re: The Future Nigerian Billionaire by Nobody: 10:46pm On Apr 25, 2011
I want my own national cake then. Since Nigerians are too dumb to act.
Re: The Future Nigerian Billionaire by vladimiros: 10:47pm On Apr 25, 2011

advice for you

bing something new and never stop believing,
Re: The Future Nigerian Billionaire by violent(m): 10:50pm On Apr 25, 2011
*Ileke-IdI:

That same mindset is responsible for; power outage, unemployment, hundreds of untarred roads, open sewers, which are factors known to be well affiliated with the profit oriented organisation called Nigeria!
Re: The Future Nigerian Billionaire by Nobody: 10:52pm On Apr 25, 2011
violent:

That same mindset is responsible for; power outage, unemployment, hundreds of untarred roads, open sewers, which are factors known to be well affiliated with the profit oriented organisation called Nigeria!

You think so huh?

So what mindset is responsible for seeing corruption as normal?

vladimiros:

advice for you

bing something new and never stop believing,

alright.

(1) (Reply)

The Typical Can-do Spirit Of A SEner / Imagine Nigeria Without Crude Oil / On The Casualties At The U.n. Building Bombing In Abuja Purported Message By Fani Kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.