Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,149 members, 7,849,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:08 AM

Post-election Violence Was Meant To Induce Coup? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Post-election Violence Was Meant To Induce Coup? (738 Views)

Group Supplies ICC With Evidence Linking Buhari To 2011 Post-election Violence / UYO 2015!! Akpabio Spends N5billion On Toyota Corolla Cars To Induce Delegates / Osun Pdp Floods Party Secretariat With Kerosene Tankers To Induce Voters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Post-election Violence Was Meant To Induce Coup? by Beaf: 3:01am On Apr 26, 2011
[size=14pt]
‘Post-election violence aimed at forcing military to take over power’ [/size]
Written by kola oyelere, Kano Tuesday, 26 April 2011

A strong indication has emerged that the recent post-presidential election violence which erupted in the North was carefully organised to cause unrest across the country with a view to forcing the armed forces to take over government in the country.

However, a source who preferred anonymity told the Nigerian Tribune that those who allegedly sponsored the post-election violence were not happy that there were no reprisal attacks in the South, especially in the South-East.

The source stated that since the proposed alliance between the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) and the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) hit the rock, a few disgruntled elements perfected plans to cause violence in order to send the civilian regime in the country packing.

According to him, the masterminds’ thinking was that if there was unrest in the North which escalated to the South, it could have been enough excuse for the military to take over power, cutting short the victory of President Goodluck Jonathan, who won the presidential election.

He noted that for the South’s decision not to retaliate, Nigeria could have been plunged into another civil war between the North and the South.

The source hinted that the intention of the masterminds was to create a semblance of the unrest that followed the annulment June 12, 1993 presidential election, acclaimed to have been won by the late business mogul, Chief MKO Abiola. The annulment led to unrest in the South-West, where the winner hailed from,

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/20980-post-election-violence-aimed-at-forcing-military-to-take-over-power
Re: Post-election Violence Was Meant To Induce Coup? by edoyad(m): 4:35am On Apr 26, 2011
And ofcourse that's why the monkeys celebrated rumours of a coup. No be only coup, na Honda Coupe .
Re: Post-election Violence Was Meant To Induce Coup? by EzeUche3(m): 4:36am On Apr 26, 2011
Tell us something we didn't know, like the true number of innocent people who were killed in the North.
Re: Post-election Violence Was Meant To Induce Coup? by vladimiros: 4:39am On Apr 26, 2011
NOrth Nigeria = EPIC FAIL
Re: Post-election Violence Was Meant To Induce Coup? by Nobody: 6:20am On Apr 26, 2011
conspiracy theory
Re: Post-election Violence Was Meant To Induce Coup? by Odunnu: 6:30am On Apr 26, 2011
That was indeed their agenda
Re: Post-election Violence Was Meant To Induce Coup? by 1025: 7:25am On Apr 26, 2011
and i tell u is not over yet. anything that will enforce the killing of these top pdp criminals and ensure a lasting peace in nigeria will be widely welcomed.
we can't continue in this kind of democracy where an old fool dictates for over 150 million nigerians.
in 2007, obasanjo sole handedly imposed jonathan and yar adua on us. 2011 again, we watch this old fool abort the zoning arrangements because of his selfish interest and somebody calls this democracy.
let there be coup that will bring these criminals to book.
if after 12 yrs of pdp rulership, all we here is 50 billion this and 300 billion that into individual hands yet those criminals are our elites.
God pls give us one Jerry Rawlings so that nigerian politicians will know that we are not goats.
like Pat Utomi rightly said, let us crash this democracy and start it up again because we have got everything wrong here.
[b]big heads must roll for this country to move forward.[/b]
Re: Post-election Violence Was Meant To Induce Coup? by juman(m): 8:11am On Apr 26, 2011
Any military take over, that is the end of Nigeria. Why going to square one again?

Mehn, we are born to die nah.
Re: Post-election Violence Was Meant To Induce Coup? by zstranger: 8:19am On Apr 26, 2011
EzeUche__:

Tell us something we didn't know,[b] like the true numbe[/b]r of innocent people who were killed in the North.

1000 air-head Ibos. Yes, thats the true number of deaths from the riot.

More to follow after Tuesday's election.

Ezeuche, you should be worried. May God bless your soul because those Almanjiris wont have any pity on you when they finally get hold of your Suya-able 'dorty' Igboid arse.
Re: Post-election Violence Was Meant To Induce Coup? by edoyad(m): 8:54am On Apr 26, 2011
1025:

and i tell u is not over yet. anything that will enforce the killing of these top pdp criminals and ensure a lasting peace in nigeria will be widely welcomed.
we can't continue in this kind of democracy where an old fool dictates for over 150 million nigerians.
in 2007, obasanjo sole handedly imposed jonathan and yar adua on us. 2011 again, we watch this old fool abort the zoning arrangements because of his selfish interest and somebody calls this democracy.
let there be coup that will bring these criminals to book.
if after 12 yrs of pdp rulership, all we here is 50 billion this and 300 billion that into individual hands yet those criminals are our elites.
God pls give us one Jerry Rawlings so that nigerian politicians will know that we are not goats.
like Pat Utomi rightly said, let us crash this democracy and start it up again because we have got everything wrong here.
[b]big heads must roll for this country to move forward.[/b]
Ok. Jonathan and Yaradua were imposed on you in 2007 and not Yaradua ? Lol.

Let me tell you something, the last coup attempt in this country was by Major Gideon Orkar. His plan was to split this country apart and sentence you to your inevitable destiny. Unfortunately there were still many believers in one Nigeria then. But i guaranty you, like Juman said, the next one would sign and stamp that seperation.
Re: Post-election Violence Was Meant To Induce Coup? by juman(m): 9:35am On Apr 26, 2011
zstranger:

1000 air-head Ibos. Yes, thats the true number of deaths from the riot.

More to follow after Tuesday's election.

Ezeuche, you should be worried. May God bless your soul because those Almanjiris wont have any pity on you when they finally get hold of your Suya-able 'dorty' Igboid arse.

Please Mr. zstranger please sir, your posts nowadays are becoming scary and disturbing. Please sir, probably try to pipe it down a bit.
You as a strong man of nairaland need to forgive people. We are your boys.
God bless you sir.
Re: Post-election Violence Was Meant To Induce Coup? by 1025: 10:00am On Apr 26, 2011
Ok. Jonathan and Yaradua were imposed on you in 2007 and not Yaradua ? Lol.

Let me tell you something, the last coup attempt in this country was by Major Gideon Orkar. His plan was to split this country apart and sentence you to your inevitable destiny. Unfortunately there were still many believers in one Nigeria then. But i guaranty you, like Juman said, the next one would sign and stamp that seperation.

@edoyad,
i am from imo state in case u don't know. even if the next coup will make me belong to benin republic, Glory be to God. i course seriously that day i become a nigerian. i have visited at least 10 different countries of this world, and i am yet to see anyone as useless as nigeria. the fear of dividing this useless country(nigeria) has been the key reason for others not allowing the igbos to be president but how long will this union last? the end is not farfrom us. after all these round about system of movements, it will end up in that divission.
why will this jonathan change his name to ebele and azikiwe to just involve the igbos and now the innocent igbos are paying the prices.
how come we can't rule yet we can't have our peace as a pupil?

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan: Se And Ss Magic Numbers / Okorocha: Coronation Of A People's Man / University Of Entertainment Opens In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.