Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,054 members, 7,838,678 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Lagos State Government Removes Unapproved Street Gates In Lekki - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Government Removes Unapproved Street Gates In Lekki (22211 Views)

Adamu Garba Compares Self To Bill Gates In Response To Being Expelled From KUST / Lagos Orders Removal Of Unapproved Street Gates To Ease Traffic / MASSOB: Don’t Build Toll Gates In South-East Else We Will Dismantle It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Government Removes Unapproved Street Gates In Lekki by mabeni(m): 6:08am On May 09, 2021
Thank you Gov sanwo. I support this movement. You are not qualified to criticise the government on this if you don't drive in Lagos.
Re: Lagos State Government Removes Unapproved Street Gates In Lekki by temitope27(m): 6:12am On May 09, 2021
This kind gate full alagbaka for akure too, I don't know the meaning, dem come out all this venue guys for there
Re: Lagos State Government Removes Unapproved Street Gates In Lekki by seunmsg(m): 6:18am On May 09, 2021
Racoon:
Why removing them since most of the security concerns in these feeder roads are mainly being shouldered by the estate residents as is far as security of most parts of Lagos is concerned.

You guys just criticize for the sake of criticism. Why lock the gate during the day time? Is the street their personal property or what?

See, what those rich Lekki guys are doing is simply class discrimination. They simply fenced out the poor from their street under the guise of security. That nonsense must never be allowed. If they don’t want to see poor folks, they should build their private estate. Preventing other Nigerians from accessing a public street during the day is not acceptable. We are all Nigerians we equal rights.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Government Removes Unapproved Street Gates In Lekki by tradepunter: 6:29am On May 09, 2021
Racoon:

What is the matter with you? So I owe you a reservation about what I comment on or not while you just keep on polluting the cyber space with all these your nonsense?

Meanwhile you're always in a haste to form threads and comment on IPOB, ESN while the Fulanis have chase our brethren from your end to Benin Republic.Haba! Your own no be am @ all.

Are you minding the demented hobo
Re: Lagos State Government Removes Unapproved Street Gates In Lekki by OmoManU: 6:31am On May 09, 2021
MarketDispatch:

The law is clear. Leave it open during the day, and lock at midnight with security in attendance.
. Most people lock during the day preventing passage and that is why Government is removing the gates.
That Lekki 1 and Osapa own too much men. Infact leave those gates opened till 10 or 9 pm and lock it and open it back 6.30 am, if you see how those untrained securities behave ehn, it can be very very irritating

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Government Removes Unapproved Street Gates In Lekki by Racoon(m): 6:36am On May 09, 2021
seunmsg:
..See, what those rich Lekki guys are doing is simply class discrimination. They simply fenced out the poor from their street under the guise of security. That nonsense must never be allowed.

....Preventing other Nigerians from accessing a public street during the day is not acceptable. We are all Nigerians we equal rights.
Nice hearing from you after a long while but it is understandable that you must have felt bad from developments unfolding with this government you loved and have so much defended with gusto.

Back to topic.This your assertion does not hold water because the discrimination being visited by the rich on others spreads beyond this Lekki divide.I was trapped in Yola Airport for 3 days from flying back to Lagos in 2017 on account of bad weather.Day-3, we received clearance to take off.

Then suddenly scary armed-to-the-teeth security details took over the airport including every inch of the runway on either sides for up to 4 hours. There-after, Aisha Buhari landed from Abuja while we were denied our departure for another 4 hours that she may returned shortly to go back to Abuja.Is that fair enough given that airports are not private property?

Also see how government convoys behave on our roads.Any empathy that these roads does not only belong to them but to the common man as well? The number of innocent Nigerians killed by these lots will never have an end.So the discrimination we have on ground goes beyond rich elites.It started from the top.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Government Removes Unapproved Street Gates In Lekki by clothingonline(m): 6:36am On May 09, 2021
Too many kids on this forum

Government have done the right thing most times wen there is traffic on main road we sharply pass alternative route
Re: Lagos State Government Removes Unapproved Street Gates In Lekki by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:41am On May 09, 2021
When they are not private estates. Remove all of them
Re: Lagos State Government Removes Unapproved Street Gates In Lekki by DivineDynamics: 6:45am On May 09, 2021
Living right with the Lord Jesus is the best way to live.

Live right with Him.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Government Removes Unapproved Street Gates In Lekki by Cnach: 7:01am On May 09, 2021
Unemployment is too much
Hòw can a grown up go and stand at a gate collecting #50 everyday, na ur street?
I think the gate should only be locked at a particular time of the night.
Re: Lagos State Government Removes Unapproved Street Gates In Lekki by VictorUSA(m): 7:24am On May 09, 2021
I love Sanwo-olu
Re: Lagos State Government Removes Unapproved Street Gates In Lekki by bolayei: 7:32am On May 09, 2021
Racoon:
So even if I have supported development around Lagos(which is the case anyway), so it is you-Helinues that I will be showing it round to? Is this how you overhype yourself? Meanwhile, did Igbos contributed to Lagos development or not? Answer pls because that should put you ranting to rest.

My fellow Nigerian, I'm sorry to inform you that Igbos didn't develop Lagos but instead they mess up every part of Lagos you find them. Let me give you an instance, I grew up in both Surulere and olodi Apapa simultaneously in the 80s and I assure you these areas were very clean especially Surulere with environmental plans whereby a street will only have bungalows or a storey building or both fast forward to now that the Igbos bought buildings and transform them to 3 storey buildings, hotels etc for an average Igbo guy this is development but how can one illiterate with money claim to be more advanced than scholars and professionals that lived there before and not even as rich as people that lived there before now mount gates in Surulere something I never saw growing up. Olodi Apapa now looks like a scrap yard where they park all sort of scrap cars imported from Europe or America and the streets now looks like ABA market and these illiterates will mount gates on the streets.

If you are worried about security get a license gun, install CCTV and get a gate man for your house and stop blocking government roads.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Government Removes Unapproved Street Gates In Lekki by sonnie10: 7:32am On May 09, 2021
Considering the price of metals and iron rod these days, these people might just be out to steal and sell those gates.
Re: Lagos State Government Removes Unapproved Street Gates In Lekki by olumzzz(m): 7:46am On May 09, 2021
Racoon:
Nice hearing from you after a long while but it is understandable that you must have felt bad from developments unfolding with this government you loved and have so much defended with gusto.

Back to topic.This your assertion does not hold water because the discrimination being visited by the rich on others spreads beyond this Lekki divide.I was trapped in Yola Airport for 3 days from flying back to Lagos in 2017 on account of bad weather.Day-3, we received clearance to take off.

Then suddenly scary armed-to-the-teeth security details took over the airport including every inch of the runway on either sides for up to 4 hours. There-after, Aisha Buhari landed from Abuja while we were denied our departure for another 4 hours that she may returned shortly to go back to Abuja.Is that fair enough given that airports are not private property?

Also see how government convoys behave on our roads.Any empathy that these roads does not only belong to them but to the common man as well? The number of innocent Nigerians killed by these lots will never have an end.So the discrimination we have on ground goes beyond rich elites.It started from the top.
Pls stop arguing on this topic.
2 wrongs don't make a right.
Let us learn to call a spade, a spade.
What you experienced at Yola airport is very wrong.
What gated communities do in Lagos by closing their gates during the day is also very wrong.
I have experienced both scenarios before, i was once stuck at Marina for 4 hours because of Patience Jonathan and i have been in traffic before in Lagos and all alternative routes were blocked because the streets refused to open their gates which are public roads.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government Removes Unapproved Street Gates In Lekki by Nobody: 7:47am On May 09, 2021
ValCon888:

That is like throwing the baby with the bath water. Two wrongs don't make a right. Why not fine those who leave their gates closed during the day? Removing the gates entirely isn't the solution to the problem especially with the insecurity challenges the country is facing.
How many times do you want the government to keep on warning them?
Re: Lagos State Government Removes Unapproved Street Gates In Lekki by Futureyahooboi(m): 7:49am On May 09, 2021
Long over due � let start from oniru, lekki, Osapa and chevron �. Is just so annoying because you can’t have access to the alternative road just because you bought a house or rented a flat � what if Ikoyi people decides to do the same thing ��‍♂️..
Re: Lagos State Government Removes Unapproved Street Gates In Lekki by DesignMaestro(m): 7:50am On May 09, 2021
Imagine, locking up the road which belongs to the general public at day time.

Most of those neighbourhoods that lock their gates during the day do so not entirely for security reasons but to deny non-resident commuters access to the road. Afterall, they always throw the pedestrian entrance open.

This reminds me of those days in ebute metta when BOB was chairman of Mainland LGA, the Jebba street by Odunfa end gate always locked b'cos he was living there. one couldn't access Tapa/Okobaba through the street.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Government Removes Unapproved Street Gates In Lekki by smallsmall: 7:52am On May 09, 2021
helinues:
Better... Imagine denying other Nigerians from accessing government road.

What sort of nonsense?

Leave the gate open during the day and close it anytime from 9pm.. That's still fair to all parties...

You don start to talk that your nonsense again this early morning, which one is 9pm?
Govt said it must be opened between 5am and 12 MIDNIGHT, you are talking 9pm!

Even when it is closed overnight , it must be manned by a Security Man who has the Keys to open it, incase of Emergency.
Imagine if there was a Fire outbreak at 9:30pm and people are trying to escape and the Gate is locked!

It is a Public Road, not the road inside somebody's compound, for God's sake.
All these Impunity must come to an end, the Exercise must extend to every nook and cranny of Lagos and other States too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Government Removes Unapproved Street Gates In Lekki by Okoroawusa: 7:53am On May 09, 2021
Racoon:
Why removing them since most of the security concerns in these feeder roads are mainly being shouldered by the estate residents as is far as security of most parts of Lagos is concerned.
Are you sure you live in Lagos?
Re: Lagos State Government Removes Unapproved Street Gates In Lekki by helinues: 7:54am On May 09, 2021
smallsmall:

You don start to talk that your nonsense again this early morning, which one is 9pm?
Govt said it must be opened between 5am and 12 MIDNIGHT, you are talking 9pm!

Even when it is closed overnight , it must be manned by a Security Man who has the Keys to open it, incase of Emergency.
Imagine if there was a Fire outbreak at 9:30pm and people are trying to escape and the Gate is locked!

It is a Public Road, not the road inside somebody's compound, for God's sake.
All these Impunity must come to an end, the Exercise must extend to every nook and cranny of Lagos and other States too.

Is till 9pm still not better than them locking it all day
Re: Lagos State Government Removes Unapproved Street Gates In Lekki by KingOdart(m): 8:05am On May 09, 2021
Racoon:

Whao! Of course the Igbo must be part of it.The Igbos dominates the transport, business, academics, Industries(Ibeto Group, Anamco, Innoson), Airlines(Air Peace, and 5 others) Shipping Lines, Estates, Hotels (ask in Abuja especially) among many spheres of human endeavours.

Where does your people belong to apart from the Banking, Insurance, Industries (Eleganza etc) How many of them owe airlines even in Lagos here? Well, as for us, we take our pride of place.

You must really be dreaming lol
How the hell do you dominate business when the richest businessmen are not even Igbo?

There are too many rich Yoruba business moguls for you guys to claim you dominate business in Nigeria

How the hell do you also dominate academics when the best Universities and institutions in the country are also in South West?

Even in real estates the top estates in Nigeria and Lagos are own by Yoruba and the achievement of Yoruba in ICT recently in Nigeria prove that Yoruba also dominate the ICT sector when FLUTERWAVE, Paystack and Co in fintech singlehandedly generated billions of dollars worth of investment for Nigeria economy alone.

You must be really Ignorant or living under the rock to had made that Buffoon claim that Yoruba doesn't belong in anywhere significant. If anything I would say Yoruba dominate most of the sectors in Nigeria.

This is an over 314 pages threads in Nigeria that highlighted what Yoruba own In Nigeria on Nairaland.

https://www.nairaland.com/3918290/yorubas-most-industriousrichest-educated-tribe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Government Removes Unapproved Street Gates In Lekki by Hamiltonii: 8:11am On May 09, 2021
helinues:

This news is about Lagos state not Abia state...

Take note
Can you say you've never reacted to issues in other states from inception till now?
Re: Lagos State Government Removes Unapproved Street Gates In Lekki by rafcrown(m): 8:21am On May 09, 2021
Evil minded people. Destroying
Demolishing
Pulling down
Seizing vehicles
Auctioning etc
Their regular slogans
Re: Lagos State Government Removes Unapproved Street Gates In Lekki by DSC7: 8:32am On May 09, 2021
seunmsg:

You guys just criticize for the sake of criticism. Why lock the gate during the day time? Is the street their personal property or what?

See, what those rich Lekki guys are doing is simply class discrimination. They simply fenced out the poor from their street under the guise of security. That nonsense must never be allowed. If they don’t want to see poor folks, they should build their private estate. Preventing other Nigerians from accessing a public street during the day is not acceptable. We are all Nigerians we equal rights.

grin

Equal rights abi?.....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Naira Redesign To Curb Vote Buying: Emefiele Is A Godsent - Murray-bruce / Leaked Audio: Apostle Suleman Defends Atiku, Says Audio Is Fake / President Tinubu Returns To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.