Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,069 members, 7,852,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:59 PM

Is This Guy Playing Me? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is This Guy Playing Me? (725 Views)

SCAM ALERT!! Admins, Stop Shielding This Guy! / LOL!!! You Will Not Believe What This Guy Did At Shoprite, Ilorin (photo) / Innoson EFCC Arrest & The GTB Loan: "Innoson Stop Playing The Igbo Tribe Card" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Guy Playing Me? by izuu20(m): 3:45am On May 09, 2021
please my good friends.. this is my first post in this forum and I really need your opinions..
I have a friend who also comes from thesame town with me.. we meet in one of the african country but he went back to Nigeria after the sudden death of his dad and remains back there since then.. fast forward it to the month of march..I was talking with him in WhatsApp and it happens to be that I need to get some goods from Nigeria and this guy promised to help me.. then I told him I will send the money to him when I am ready..after one week he sent me a message telling me that the seller will be giving a discount because of his birthday so it's better I send the money so we can be part of the discount sales and I sent the money to him.. ever since that day the money has not been received by him even though my bank has told me the money was transferred successfully.. this guy keeps telling me that GTB is having a problème of this and that everyday.. that he went to the bank and they told him they saw the incoming money in his account but had not been delivered or reversed to me..I have asked to go to the bank with him for his statement of his account with my brother but he always send me one account details from his mobile banking app... should I believe this guy has not received the money or he is playing me.. please I need your advice on my next step of action...250k is at stake
Re: Is This Guy Playing Me? by CXLVII: 4:10am On May 09, 2021
Take a chill pill

It's possible.

The money will reflect in his ledger balance, but he won't be able to cash it.

Best thing to get confirmation, tell him to snap his GT bank balance from ATM. That way, you will see the coming cash.

1 Like

Re: Is This Guy Playing Me? by longetivity(m): 4:56am On May 09, 2021
I even thought the post is about a deceptive relationship, that niggar is behaving like a scam though.
Re: Is This Guy Playing Me? by izuu20(m): 5:14am On May 09, 2021
CXLVII:
Take a chill pill

It's possible.

The money will reflect in his ledger balance, but he won't be able to cash it.

Best thing to get confirmation, tell him to snap his GT bank balance from ATM. That way, you will see the coming cash.

he keeps telling me that the money does not show in his account but the bank know the money is coming..it's more than 48days now... if I asked him to go to the back with my brother in Nigeria to confirm at the customer service point he will refuse only to send me his statement of account wch I didn't know if it's real or edited
Re: Is This Guy Playing Me? by dominique(f): 5:38am On May 09, 2021
Which one is the money is coming but it has not yet entered his account? Even if the money was trekking or crawling from wherever you sent it, it should have gotten to his account by now. He has gotten the money, withdrawn it and spent it. It's either you count your losses or recover your money from him through brute force or have him arrested. Next time when you want to do business, deal with the sellers directly not an intermediary. Majority of Nigerians are not trustworthy.
Re: Is This Guy Playing Me? by Nobody: 5:50am On May 09, 2021
that's just the issue, Nigerians have turn simple business to avenue of scam

the guy don eat d money
he use discount to get u to send money quickly
since u no dey ng he isn't afraid

use police arrest am, trust me d real money story go come out.
Re: Is This Guy Playing Me? by CXLVII: 7:47am On May 09, 2021
izuu20:

he keeps telling me that the money does not show in his account but the bank know the money is coming..it's more than 48days now... if I asked him to go to the back with my brother in Nigeria to confirm at the customer service point he will refuse only to send me his statement of account wch I didn't know if it's real or edited

48 what!

You have been scammed.
Re: Is This Guy Playing Me? by izuu20(m): 8:02am On May 09, 2021
musicproducer:
that's just the issue, Nigerians have turn simple business to avenue of scam

the guy don eat d money
he use discount to get u to send money quickly
since u no dey ng he isn't afraid

use police arrest am, trust me d real money story go come out.
Exactly what I thought
Re: Is This Guy Playing Me? by izuu20(m): 8:04am On May 09, 2021
CXLVII:

48 what!

You have been scammed.
the transfer I made in 25th march till today...
he keep telling me that the bank says we have to be patient with them.. just imagine..
I keep it on a low for now bc if I tried to use force on him it will be dangerous
Re: Is This Guy Playing Me? by ziziangel(m): 9:26am On May 09, 2021
He's scammed you.
Watch closely, he'll stop responding to your calls/msgs in the coming days. Find a way to pick him, he's a crook.
Re: Is This Guy Playing Me? by Nuelito: 9:34am On May 09, 2021
Like the First person that commented initially stated...it might be that the money is in his ledger account...

It have happened to me before...He should use his debit card to check his balance to see if it's there...if it's not...then use the transaction I.D and track the money...your bank can help you out

1 Like

Re: Is This Guy Playing Me? by izuu20(m): 9:44am On May 09, 2021
ziziangel:
He's scammed you.
Watch closely, he'll stop responding to your calls/msgs in the coming days. Find a way to pick him, he's a crook.
he has been avoiding me since.. and he doesn't come online like he always do pretending he is now busy with work..
yesterday I told him that I want him to go to his bank with my brother to go and request for his statement of account till date he now told me that he is in Abuja for work and will be back after one month.. and went offline since then..
but I think I can begin with my actions
Re: Is This Guy Playing Me? by izuu20(m): 9:47am On May 09, 2021
Nuelito:
Like the First person that commented initially stated...it might be that the money is in his ledger account...

It have happened to me before...He should use his debit card to check his balance to see if it's there...if it's not...then use the transaction I.D and track the money...your bank can help you out
my bank has already told me that the have reviewed my account and noticed that the money was successfully made that I should contact the beneficiary
Re: Is This Guy Playing Me? by Nuelito: 9:48am On May 09, 2021
izuu20:

my bank has already told me that the have reviewed my account and noticed that the money was successfully made that I should contact the beneficiary

Then the guy should be arrested.

He is trying to play smart on you.
Re: Is This Guy Playing Me? by harmargedon: 10:14am On May 09, 2021
izuu20:

it happens sometimes. It wouldn't reflect in your balance, but it will reflect when he prints out his statement of account.
Re: Is This Guy Playing Me? by halogate: 10:55am On May 09, 2021
..oboy..did I just read 48days??

That ur "friend" has used ur money for something else and is simply buying time.

There is no interbank/intrabank transaction that cannot be traced.

I personally believe u are being too soft/patient with him.

U better be serious about recovering ur money or use it to do sadaka for him.

Tell him straight that u don't buy his storyline. That he and ur brother should go to the bank for clarification...

Otherwise u will report him to police/efcc and report to bank so they will block his account.

Soft going soft on him

Modified: 48days kwa!...for money to land?. Is the money traveling from Antarctica?

Even if it's a Tier 1 account that "maybe" cannot hold that amount.. once u upgrade, it will reflect in 72hrs...
Re: Is This Guy Playing Me? by halogate: 11:04am On May 09, 2021
harmargedon:
it happens sometimes. It wouldn't reflect in your balance, but it will reflect when he prints out his statement of account.

Bros!!...48days for money to come?

Wonderminus!!!
Re: Is This Guy Playing Me? by halogate: 11:09am On May 09, 2021
izuu20:

he has been avoiding me since.. and he doesn't come online like he always do pretending he is now busy with work..
yesterday I told him that I want him to go to his bank with my brother to go and request for his statement of account till date he now told me that he is in Abuja for work and will be back after one month.. and went offline since then..
but I think I can begin with my actions

Toh...e don happen na.

U no need handwriting on the wall to tell u.
Re: Is This Guy Playing Me? by izuu20(m): 7:26pm On May 09, 2021
halogate:
..oboy..did I just read 48days??

That ur "friend" has used ur money for something else and is simply buying time.

There is no interbank/intrabank transaction that cannot be traced.

I personally believe u are being too soft/patient with him.

U better be serious about recovering ur money or use it to do sadaka for him.

Tell him straight that u don't buy his storyline. That he and ur brother should go to the bank for clarification...

Otherwise u will report him to police/efcc and report to bank so they will block his account.

Soft going soft on him

Modified: 48days kwa!...for money to land?. Is the money traveling from Antarctica?

Even if it's a Tier 1 account that "maybe" cannot hold that amount.. once u upgrade, it will reflect in 72hrs...
no be lie

(1) (Reply)

Mine Tron(TRX) And Get 5% Daily With As Little As 5 TRX! / What Happens To My Money If My Bank Closes Down? / Bank Account To Receive Foreign Currency In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.