Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Eid-el-fitr: Governor Badaru Pardons 17 Inmates In Jigawa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eid-el-fitr: Governor Badaru Pardons 17 Inmates In Jigawa (4292 Views)

2023: North Will Pay You Back – Governor Badaru Tells Tinubu / Jigawa Governor, Badaru Receives COVID-19 Vaccine (Photo) / Governor Badaru Abubakar, Senators Escape Lynching In Jigawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eid-el-fitr: Governor Badaru Pardons 17 Inmates In Jigawa by Officialhorlah(m): 4:56pm On May 12, 2021
Governor Muhammad Badaru of Jigawa has pardoned 17 inmates of the Nigerian Correctional Service (NCS) in the state.

Hajiya Zainab Baba-Santali, the Public Relations Officer, Ministry of Justice, disclosed this in a statement issued in Dutse on Wednesday, NAN reports.

Baba-Santali said the gesture was to decongest the correctional facilities in the state, especially during this period of Ramadan fasting and the COVID-19 pandemic.

“The Jigawa State Governor, Alhaji Muhammadu Badaru Abubakar, has granted pardon to 17 convicted persons based on the recommendation of the State Committee on the Prerogative of Mercy under the leadership of Dr Aisha Warshu Haruna.

“The inmates have been released from correctional facilities. The pardon is part of the routine policy by the governor to provide succour to inmates who are remorseful.

“The categories of the inmates vary from those who have committed minor crimes and three young persons that the Jigawa State High Court detained for a long time at the pleasure of the Governor for the offence of Homicide,” the statement said.

Reacting, the Jigawa Attorney-General (AG), Dr Musa Adamu Aliyu, said the gesture showed that the governor is compassionate to remorseful inmates.

The AG added that the Committee on Prerogative of Mercy had done well through meticulous scrutiny of inmates who deserved pardon before forwarding the final list to the governor.

The Attorney General further appealed to the people of the state to be law-abiding, stay out of crimes, report any suspicious activities to the security agencies and pray for peace and prosperity of the state and Nigeria at large.

https://dailypost.ng/2021/05/12/eid-el-fitr-governor-badaru-pardons-17-inmates-in-jigawa/?amp=1

1 Like

Re: Eid-el-fitr: Governor Badaru Pardons 17 Inmates In Jigawa by Nobody: 4:58pm On May 12, 2021
Headslammers are still finding moon that didn't loss o

This is what happens when you build your religion on moon worship and recite Arabic letters like a bot as "prayers"

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eid-el-fitr: Governor Badaru Pardons 17 Inmates In Jigawa by yanabasee1(m): 5:22pm On May 12, 2021
What if they were unrepentant criminals? Probably will go after the people that led them into the prison....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eid-el-fitr: Governor Badaru Pardons 17 Inmates In Jigawa by Guyman02: 6:09am On May 13, 2021
I hope Bandits are not included, it's obvious that some northern Governors are in bed with terrorists.

4 Likes

Re: Eid-el-fitr: Governor Badaru Pardons 17 Inmates In Jigawa by Futurecrypto1: 6:10am On May 13, 2021
Nice development,but most of this prisoners may go back to their old ways. As they say there is nothing more difficult to break than old habits
If you want to earn money online check my signature. All you have to do is roll every hour to earn. My friend got 8k after two weeks
Re: Eid-el-fitr: Governor Badaru Pardons 17 Inmates In Jigawa by Iruobean(m): 6:10am On May 13, 2021
cool
Re: Eid-el-fitr: Governor Badaru Pardons 17 Inmates In Jigawa by Godchosen001: 6:10am On May 13, 2021
He pardon the thugs that work for his election

2 Likes

Re: Eid-el-fitr: Governor Badaru Pardons 17 Inmates In Jigawa by Daisukee: 6:12am On May 13, 2021
Baba use style pardon some loyalists

1 Like

Re: Eid-el-fitr: Governor Badaru Pardons 17 Inmates In Jigawa by saraki2019(m): 6:13am On May 13, 2021
Happy sallah
Re: Eid-el-fitr: Governor Badaru Pardons 17 Inmates In Jigawa by FalseProphet1(m): 6:14am On May 13, 2021
Pardons 17 Boko Haram inmates in the spirit of Salah. This I have seen.

4 Likes

Re: Eid-el-fitr: Governor Badaru Pardons 17 Inmates In Jigawa by saraki2019(m): 6:15am On May 13, 2021
yanabasee1:
What if they were unrepentant criminals? Probably will go after the people that led them into the prison....
this is why we are stopping you people from freeing prisoners in southeast
Re: Eid-el-fitr: Governor Badaru Pardons 17 Inmates In Jigawa by Deathforall: 6:18am On May 13, 2021
angry
Re: Eid-el-fitr: Governor Badaru Pardons 17 Inmates In Jigawa by dsmooth1(m): 6:18am On May 13, 2021
Hopes its not what am thinking
inmates abi terrorists, opps sorry i forgot they are bandits
devils advocate leaders
Re: Eid-el-fitr: Governor Badaru Pardons 17 Inmates In Jigawa by Goalnaldo(m): 6:29am On May 13, 2021
Releasing terrorists back to the society to cause worst mayhem. Odiegwu!
Re: Eid-el-fitr: Governor Badaru Pardons 17 Inmates In Jigawa by Razy75g: 6:33am On May 13, 2021
I just love how Muslims are being humbled in the middle east by the Jews. Classic

4 Likes

Re: Eid-el-fitr: Governor Badaru Pardons 17 Inmates In Jigawa by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 6:45am On May 13, 2021
yanabasee1:
he pardon his political thugs and killers, more kiling jobs for them in 2023

1 Like

Re: Eid-el-fitr: Governor Badaru Pardons 17 Inmates In Jigawa by gasparpisciotta: 6:46am On May 13, 2021
Nigeria is a joke.
This state once had the highest number of daily covid 19 infections....lol
Re: Eid-el-fitr: Governor Badaru Pardons 17 Inmates In Jigawa by houseontherock: 6:48am On May 13, 2021
Hope they are not terrorists
Re: Eid-el-fitr: Governor Badaru Pardons 17 Inmates In Jigawa by meobizy(f): 7:00am On May 13, 2021
There is no moon yet. I guess Nigeria decided to celebrate anyway.

2 Likes

Re: Eid-el-fitr: Governor Badaru Pardons 17 Inmates In Jigawa by Ahmeduana(m): 7:04am On May 13, 2021
They must be boko haram inmate or herdsmen alias terrorist! Because in there clime, those are the people that deserve pardon, not the victims.
Re: Eid-el-fitr: Governor Badaru Pardons 17 Inmates In Jigawa by yungchop: 7:20am On May 13, 2021
this bastard that Is still owing us state allowance..

1 Like

Re: Eid-el-fitr: Governor Badaru Pardons 17 Inmates In Jigawa by realstars: 7:24am On May 13, 2021
I Hope Not Boko Guys You Free So?
Re: Eid-el-fitr: Governor Badaru Pardons 17 Inmates In Jigawa by Mccullum: 7:27am On May 13, 2021
Mikecold:
Headslammers are still finding moon that didn't loss o

This is what happens when you build your religion on moon worship and recite Arabic letters like a bot as "prayers"

You must be one of the extremist in this forum, who failed to respect other people faith. Yes, we worship Allah by placing our heads on the floor which was the same way Jesus, Abraham, Moses,
and others worshipped God in the Bible.

We're worshipping God in Arabic which is one language Muslims used all over the world and that also stated in the scriptures of Bible that at a point on earth only one language will be using to worship God.

Christians mode of worshipping God by singing, clapping and dancing. Can you show me any where in Bible Jesus asked his followers to worship God with that mode?

May Allah forgive you and guide you to the right path.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eid-el-fitr: Governor Badaru Pardons 17 Inmates In Jigawa by Nobody: 7:30am On May 13, 2021
Mccullum:

You must be one of the extremist in this forum, who failed to respect other people faith. Yes, we worship Allah by placing our heads on the floor which was the same way Jesus, Abraham, Moses,
and others worshipped God in the Bible.

We're worshipping God in Arabic which is one language Muslims used all over the world and that also stated in the scriptures of Bible that at a point on earth only one language will be using to worship God.

Christians mode of worshipping God by singing, clapping and dancing. Can you show me any where in Bible Jesus asked his followers to worship God with that mode?

May Allah forgive you and guide you to the right path.
Abdul, bowing is an act of worship, don't justify yourself when Jesus bowed in prayer to His father

The question is who are you bowing down to worship?

Luke 22:41 And He withdrew from them about a stone’s throw, and He knelt down and began to pray

Luke 22:42 saying, “Father, if You are willing, remove this cup from Me; yet not My will, but Yours be done.”

Hope you can see Jesus wasn't bowing to Baal in Mecca like muslims, but was having a conversation with his father

You bow to the Kaaba of Baal in Mecca, the Kaaba where Mohamed placed all the idols of qurash to become allah

Btw 2 Samuel 6:14

And David danced before the LORD with all his might, wearing a priestly garment.

2 Samuel 6:21

Christian Standard Bible

David replied to Michal, “It was before the LORD who chose me over your father and his whole family to appoint me ruler over the LORD’s people Israel. I will dance before the LORD,

Re: Eid-el-fitr: Governor Badaru Pardons 17 Inmates In Jigawa by Nobody: 7:37am On May 13, 2021
Razy75g:
I just love how Muslims are being humbled in the middle east by the Jews. Classic
Go and browse "6-day war"

Also check "war of attrition"

Jews used 5 power Islamic nations to do suya in one day before they could raise fire

At two different wars

1 Like

Re: Eid-el-fitr: Governor Badaru Pardons 17 Inmates In Jigawa by revived: 7:52am On May 13, 2021
E Go Be
Re: Eid-el-fitr: Governor Badaru Pardons 17 Inmates In Jigawa by Nobody: 8:35am On May 13, 2021
Jjj
Re: Eid-el-fitr: Governor Badaru Pardons 17 Inmates In Jigawa by Nobody: 8:35am On May 13, 2021
H
Re: Eid-el-fitr: Governor Badaru Pardons 17 Inmates In Jigawa by PrisonEscapee(m): 8:41am On May 13, 2021
I'm happy for them, prison is no joke. I wish Nigerian prison on nobody.

1 Like

Re: Eid-el-fitr: Governor Badaru Pardons 17 Inmates In Jigawa by kollinz1234(m): 11:53am On May 13, 2021
Mikecold:
Abdul, bowing is an act of worship, don't justify yourself when Jesus bowed in prayer to His father

The question is who are you bowing down to worship?

Luke 22:41 And He withdrew from them about a stone’s throw, and He knelt down and began to pray

Luke 22:42 saying, “Father, if You are willing, remove this cup from Me; yet not My will, but Yours be done.”

Hope you can see Jesus wasn't bowing to Baal in Mecca like muslims, but was having a conversation with his father

You bow to the Kaaba of Baal in Mecca, the Kaaba where Mohamed placed all the idols of qurash to become allah

Btw 2 Samuel 6:14

And David danced before the LORD with all his might, wearing a priestly garment.

2 Samuel 6:21

Christian Standard Bible

David replied to Michal, “It was before the LORD who chose me over your father and his whole family to appoint me ruler over the LORD’s people Israel. I will dance before the LORD,

Wow you have done so much research. Well done. Pls I don't know if Ezekiel 8:16 will be of any help to you.
Re: Eid-el-fitr: Governor Badaru Pardons 17 Inmates In Jigawa by Nobody: 11:56am On May 13, 2021
kollinz1234:

Wow you have done so much research. Well done. Pls I don't know if Ezekiel 8:16 will be of any help to you.
There is more than this, just for the sake of making things brief

You know muslims are ignoramus, took much of info would block their heads again

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ahmed Lawan: National Assembly Is Open To Informed Criticisms / They Said We Should Pay 5,000 Naira Because We Didn't Attend Tinubu’s Rally / Fashola:-deception And Criminality At It's Highest||Lagosians wake up !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.