Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,840 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Eid: Buhari Asks Nigerians To Pray Against Banditry, Kidnapping - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eid: Buhari Asks Nigerians To Pray Against Banditry, Kidnapping (8017 Views)

Primealert Strikes Deal With Katsina Government Against Banditry / #NorthIsBleeding: Group Calls On Southerners To Join Protests Against Banditry / Matawalle: Powerful Politicians In Aso Rock Sabotaging The War Against Banditry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eid: Buhari Asks Nigerians To Pray Against Banditry, Kidnapping by Omooba77: 8:30pm On May 12, 2021
The President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), on Wednesday asked Nigerians to pray against kidnapping, banditry and blackmail.

According to a statement by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, the President made the call in his Eid-il-Fitr message.

The statement was titled ‘On the occasion of Eid, President Buhari calls for unity and solidarity’.

Shehu quoted the President as saying, “On this blessed occasion, I wish that the Eid festival brings with it peace, safety, security, brotherhood and love amongst all.

“Unity and solidarity among all citizens, Muslims and Christians are imperative especially at a time when our country is faced with multiple challenges which are surmountable only when we come together as one.

“It is important that we remember how we share, through our faiths, common bonds that should serve to unite us and not allow ourselves to succumb to those who seek to divide us, using our two great religions, for their own selfish advantages.

“We should jointly pray against the tragic incidents of kidnapping and banditry and the desperate quest for political power expressed through blackmail against the existence of our country as a united entity.

“We must resist the temptation to retreat into our communities. I urge our political and religious leaders as well as traditional rulers to encourage our citizens to turn towards one another in love and compassion.”
https://punchng.com/eid-buhari-asks-nigerians-to-pray-against-banditry-kidnapping/

Re: Eid: Buhari Asks Nigerians To Pray Against Banditry, Kidnapping by WhiteRuler: 8:34pm On May 12, 2021
Ok
Re: Eid: Buhari Asks Nigerians To Pray Against Banditry, Kidnapping by bigFOOTcaveMAN(m): 8:34pm On May 12, 2021
He never said that.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eid: Buhari Asks Nigerians To Pray Against Banditry, Kidnapping by amazingspiderma: 8:44pm On May 12, 2021
If we are to pray, what is he suppose to do ?
Prayers are brief when responsible leaders do their job.

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Eid: Buhari Asks Nigerians To Pray Against Banditry, Kidnapping by iammo(m): 8:44pm On May 12, 2021
Nigerians and prayers, we need action

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Eid: Buhari Asks Nigerians To Pray Against Banditry, Kidnapping by tit(f): 8:44pm On May 12, 2021
Thunder fire the Zoo

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eid: Buhari Asks Nigerians To Pray Against Banditry, Kidnapping by tit(f): 8:45pm On May 12, 2021
Moderator, this should be a Muslim only post

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eid: Buhari Asks Nigerians To Pray Against Banditry, Kidnapping by doggedfighter(f): 8:47pm On May 12, 2021
Prayers bend his veiny mouth. undecided

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eid: Buhari Asks Nigerians To Pray Against Banditry, Kidnapping by childofGod01: 8:49pm On May 12, 2021
grin

1 Like

Re: Eid: Buhari Asks Nigerians To Pray Against Banditry, Kidnapping by inoki247: 8:57pm On May 12, 2021
So na prayer we Vote for abi..

Na prayer dey in charge of the Armed forces...

Na prayer dey colet money yearly to buy arms.....

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eid: Buhari Asks Nigerians To Pray Against Banditry, Kidnapping by limeta(f): 9:02pm On May 12, 2021
Is buhari a pastor or a president

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Eid: Buhari Asks Nigerians To Pray Against Banditry, Kidnapping by alsudan: 9:11pm On May 12, 2021
Most Nigerians are praying for you to be Deleted.

That will solve half of Nigeria’s problems.

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eid: Buhari Asks Nigerians To Pray Against Banditry, Kidnapping by Nbote(m): 9:18pm On May 12, 2021
To slap dis man jus dey hungry me

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eid: Buhari Asks Nigerians To Pray Against Banditry, Kidnapping by Omooba77: 10:21pm On May 12, 2021
Pray that God will remove all our wicked leaders...

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eid: Buhari Asks Nigerians To Pray Against Banditry, Kidnapping by WorldRichest: 10:25pm On May 12, 2021
His head no correct

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eid: Buhari Asks Nigerians To Pray Against Banditry, Kidnapping by Omooba77: 10:32pm On May 12, 2021
WorldRichest:
His head no correct

Garba Sheu wrote the message.

3 Likes

Re: Eid: Buhari Asks Nigerians To Pray Against Banditry, Kidnapping by harakiri(m): 10:33pm On May 12, 2021
The Apo 6 prayed not get killed...

Churches in the North prayed never to get bombed...

IPOB prayed to see Biafra without violence...

El Rufai prayed his role in creating terrorists wouldn't leak....

Tinubu prayed to be President 2023...

I prayed while getting drunk NOT to visit nairaland...

Prayer sucks don't you think? Its for weaklings...its not coincidence PRAY and PREY are synonymous. A prey has no footing and no bargaining chip.

Think about it.

1 Like

Re: Eid: Buhari Asks Nigerians To Pray Against Banditry, Kidnapping by fitzmayowa: 11:41pm On May 12, 2021
Even the bible said work and pray, I guess we should arm our security personnel with prayers when bandits and terrorists attack since the dullarrd feels only prayers will solve the insecurity he has no clue of solving....

4 Likes

Re: Eid: Buhari Asks Nigerians To Pray Against Banditry, Kidnapping by expliciit: 2:46am On May 13, 2021
Which of the Buhari? The one with Dementia or an in impostor?

4 Likes

Re: Eid: Buhari Asks Nigerians To Pray Against Banditry, Kidnapping by Futurecrypto1: 6:40am On May 13, 2021
President buhari should take action to ensure peace, then we can pray to support his actions.
If you want to earn money online check my signature. All you have to do is roll every hour to earn. My friend got 8k after two weeks
Re: Eid: Buhari Asks Nigerians To Pray Against Banditry, Kidnapping by juman(m): 6:40am On May 13, 2021
He is crazy.
He is the baba isale of those criminals.

2 Likes

Re: Eid: Buhari Asks Nigerians To Pray Against Banditry, Kidnapping by Upton: 6:40am On May 13, 2021
Lol
Re: Eid: Buhari Asks Nigerians To Pray Against Banditry, Kidnapping by PrinceOfLagos: 6:40am On May 13, 2021
He didn't say pray against Terrorism because his brothers are in this business

6 Likes

Re: Eid: Buhari Asks Nigerians To Pray Against Banditry, Kidnapping by Whois(m): 6:40am On May 13, 2021
Prayer without the other is just noise

1 Like

Re: Eid: Buhari Asks Nigerians To Pray Against Banditry, Kidnapping by nairalee(m): 6:41am On May 13, 2021
Then why were you voted in? Why didn't we just vote prayer warriors??

3 Likes

Re: Eid: Buhari Asks Nigerians To Pray Against Banditry, Kidnapping by Frales6(f): 6:41am On May 13, 2021
That kind thing
Re: Eid: Buhari Asks Nigerians To Pray Against Banditry, Kidnapping by EjaikreTheViper(f): 6:41am On May 13, 2021
Lifeless vegetable!!!

I STAND WITH ISRAEL!

I SUPPORT ISRAEL AGAINST PALESTINE!!!

Quote me to say nonsense make the gods of Ekeremor strike your head to pieces!!!

7 Likes

Re: Eid: Buhari Asks Nigerians To Pray Against Banditry, Kidnapping by BruncleZuma: 6:41am On May 13, 2021
Let me guess, Garba Shehu?

1 Like

Re: Eid: Buhari Asks Nigerians To Pray Against Banditry, Kidnapping by lathrowinger: 6:42am On May 13, 2021
Pray till next year, trash. The best prayer is for you to step down.

1 Like

Re: Eid: Buhari Asks Nigerians To Pray Against Banditry, Kidnapping by ddeola: 6:42am On May 13, 2021
You ask people to pray yet you REFUSED to act correctly. STOP DECEIVING YOURSELF General ! sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Economic Downturn: States Borrow N46bn From Banks To Pay Salaries / Edo PDP Chairman, Tony Aziegbemi Regains Freedom / Goodluck Jonathan's Fashion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.