Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,416 members, 7,819,495 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Nigerian Women Who Don't Eat A Lot In Front Of Guys - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigerian Women Who Don't Eat A Lot In Front Of Guys (12231 Views)

Don't Eat Imported Chicken, Turkey - Nafdac To Nigerians / Do You Eat A Meal Inside A Public Transport ? / Why Is It That Nigerians Don't Eat On Their Dining Tables. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Women Who Don't Eat A Lot In Front Of Guys by dealordea(m): 1:32pm On Apr 27, 2011
What is it that many Nigerian women eat a pie and ice cream while going out with a guy? Maybe it is to portray an image that you eat healthy and on a diet? Maybe you feel embarrassed to eat a lot as you normally do infront of a guy? If the girl I was having dinner with was obese, chubby, chunky, big boned, thick, husky, etc. Then, ok, I would actually applaud her for eating healthy but a girl who is not in bad shape? Come on, there's Amala eba , Pounded Yam ,fish in the menu, lean steaks, light pasta, etc. as well.

Last week I had with a Amala in a restuarant with an old girl friend I sometimes see. Had some beef meat and fish with one pomo. I was not THAT hungry. She had a water too as a starter and then ordered a pie, another appetizer, etc. It was fine with me. If you like to pig out, go for it . You don't have to necessarily get your face and fingers dirty. Don't know what embarrasses some Nigerian women out there or what image they are trying to portray. Maybe I am missing something.
If you don't feel comfortable eating as much as you normally do in front of a guy, why is it?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women Who Don't Eat A Lot In Front Of Guys by esteduca(m): 1:41pm On Apr 27, 2011
You know nothing about gurlz!
They think if they eat like lions you will start making additions how much it will cost you to have her on your shoulder for life.
Re: Nigerian Women Who Don't Eat A Lot In Front Of Guys by Nobody: 1:43pm On Apr 27, 2011
If they order everything on the menu, we complain. . . . . -f they don't eat anything, its still wahala.
Bro, why are you so concerned?!
- Is it by force to eat?
- What if she just had dinner and just want to keep you company at that food joint?
- What if she has stomach ache?
- What if she was hoping you take her to a BETTER restaurant?
- What if she is not eating because she doesn't want you to use that as leverage for sex? Lol

As you can see, it could be anything rather than the silly excuses you had on your post.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women Who Don't Eat A Lot In Front Of Guys by omega25red(m): 1:49pm On Apr 27, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

If they order everything on the menu, we complain. . . . . -f they don't eat anything, its still wahala.
- Is it by force to eat?
- What if she just had dinner and just want to keep you company at that food joint?
- What if she is not eating because she doesn't want you to use that as leverage for sex? Lol

As you can see, it could be anything rather than the silly excuses you had on your post.
abeg help me ask am

esteduca:

You know nothing about gurlz!
true talk

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women Who Don't Eat A Lot In Front Of Guys by MrsChima(f): 1:54pm On Apr 27, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

- Is it by force to eat?

Oooh Lawd! You just restored the men. You are indeed their hero.

The way you MOST of you men parading around shouting with picket signs "Fatties are not allowed" and then you got a joker creating a thread complaining about a chick who is trying to NOT be a fattie. I mean what the wahala seriously?

I don tire for you mofos. I am so fucking glad NO ONE complaining about a chick with two teeth left in her mouth and wonder how she is chewing her food.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women Who Don't Eat A Lot In Front Of Guys by dealordea(m): 1:58pm On Apr 27, 2011
abegi, who told u i dont know anything about girls, u wan talk sey u never backbite a girlfriend of yours eating alot, stupid guys ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Nigerian Women Who Don't Eat A Lot In Front Of Guys by InkedNerd(f): 2:25pm On Apr 27, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Oooh Lawd!  You just restored the men.  You are indeed their hero. 

The way you MOST of you men parading around shouting with picket signs "Fatties are not allowed" and then you got a joker creating a thread complaining about a chick who is trying to NOT be a fattie.  I mean what the wahala seriously? 

I don tire for you mofos.  I am so bleeping glad NO ONE complaining about a chick with two teeth left in her mouth and wonder how she is chewing her food. 

looool, you and MRbrownJAYare killin' me grin

deal_ordea:

abegi, who told u i dont know anything about girls, u wan talk sey u never backbite a girlfriend of yours eating alot, silly guys ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d

Well, he answered your question grin
Re: Nigerian Women Who Don't Eat A Lot In Front Of Guys by obowunmi(m): 2:28pm On Apr 27, 2011
How is pie and ice-cream a dietary meal ---- right there, that's like at least 750 calories. The babe was probably not in the mood to eat anything too hefty.
Re: Nigerian Women Who Don't Eat A Lot In Front Of Guys by SexyDuby(f): 2:50pm On Apr 27, 2011
@ Poster, can see ure very good in taking women on outings. Im not d weight watching type& neither am i the shying 4rm eating in front of guys type too.
I rily dont mind dat Amala joint u mentioned here with ORISIRISI meat & numerous KPOMO, CHAI, I DON DEY SALIVATE SEF. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Women Who Don't Eat A Lot In Front Of Guys by Wislet(f): 3:08pm On Apr 27, 2011
GIRLS EAT WELL IN DE PRESENCE OF SOMEONE THEY FEEL TOTALLY AT HOME WITH. Male pals, boyfriends of more than 6 months, name it.
Re: Nigerian Women Who Don't Eat A Lot In Front Of Guys by Pweety4me(f): 3:11pm On Apr 27, 2011
Maybe looking @ your face makes her lose her appetite? undecided
Re: Nigerian Women Who Don't Eat A Lot In Front Of Guys by InkedNerd(f): 3:20pm On Apr 27, 2011
Pweety4me:

loooool, his face is that bad? grin
Re: Nigerian Women Who Don't Eat A Lot In Front Of Guys by MrsChima(f): 3:23pm On Apr 27, 2011
Pweety4me:

Wow. I was thinking the same thing but I was accused of being too brutally honest. Thanks for saying it! grin grin
Re: Nigerian Women Who Don't Eat A Lot In Front Of Guys by BABE3: 3:25pm On Apr 27, 2011
I kinda agree with the OP. Some girls actually do form for food when they're with their guys. (Especially the fat ones)--lol. And its not that they don't feel comfortable o. It's that they want to make it look as if, they actually do "eat healthy"--**smh**. It never works though.  undecided

In my mind, I'm like "Babe, are you 4ucking serious? C'mon eat jo!"--  
Re: Nigerian Women Who Don't Eat A Lot In Front Of Guys by Outstrip(f): 3:27pm On Apr 27, 2011
Is this unique to Nigerian girls though? Can you guys just leave nigerian girls alone. Most girls will not pig out when they are out on a date. Especially first dates.
Re: Nigerian Women Who Don't Eat A Lot In Front Of Guys by InkedNerd(f): 3:32pm On Apr 27, 2011
[b]^^^ [/b]True undecided
Re: Nigerian Women Who Don't Eat A Lot In Front Of Guys by MrsChima(f): 3:36pm On Apr 27, 2011
Outstrip:

Is this unique to Nigerian girls though? Can you guys just leave nigerian girls alone. Most girls will not pig out when they are out on a date. Especially first dates.

Maybe that all he is interested in are Nigerian girls. So he is speaking for the ones he have dated or conversed with.

I do agree that Nigerian women aren't the only ones. Sheltered women in particularly are taught to be timid when it comes to eating on any dates because it is viewed as barbaric when a woman eating like a man.
Re: Nigerian Women Who Don't Eat A Lot In Front Of Guys by Nobody: 3:37pm On Apr 27, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

I do agree that Nigerian women aren't the only ones. Sheltered women in particularly are taught to be timid when it comes to eating on any dates because it is viewed as barbaric when a woman eating like a man.
LOL!
Re: Nigerian Women Who Don't Eat A Lot In Front Of Guys by BABE3: 3:42pm On Apr 27, 2011
lmao--- And the funny thing is these Nigerian girls that eat "Icecream" and "Pie" on dates, and think they are not actually eating are delusional. Icecream and pie are almost the same calories as normal food--if not more sef, 

Confused lots! hehe grin
Re: Nigerian Women Who Don't Eat A Lot In Front Of Guys by SexyDuby(f): 3:45pm On Apr 27, 2011
SexyDuby:

@ Poster, can see ure very good in taking women on outings. Im not d weight watching type& neither am i the shying 4rm eating in front of guys type too.
I rily dont mind dat Amala joint u mentioned here with ORISIRISI meat & numerous KPOMO, CHAI, I DON DEY SALIVATE SEF. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Im still waiting for ur invitation grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Women Who Don't Eat A Lot In Front Of Guys by MrCork17: 3:45pm On Apr 27, 2011
NIgerian females usualy have tape worm. They eat too much (no oofeinse)  angry
Re: Nigerian Women Who Don't Eat A Lot In Front Of Guys by segzicres(m): 3:57pm On Apr 27, 2011
They all act that way!! My cousin is a perfect example, she would eát d whole pot at home but when we go out she'll eat lyt. She made believe that any babe with pot belly's a glutton!!!
Re: Nigerian Women Who Don't Eat A Lot In Front Of Guys by SexyDuby(f): 4:00pm On Apr 27, 2011
segzi cres:

They all act that way!! My cousin is a perfect example, she would eát d whole pot at home but when we go out she'll eat lyt. She made believe that any babe with pot belly's a glutton!!!
LMFAO! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Women Who Don't Eat A Lot In Front Of Guys by InkedNerd(f): 4:04pm On Apr 27, 2011
segzi cres:

lol sounds like a conversation I once overheard on the bus. Some girl was swearing up and down that some other girl was a hoe and that the girl does all sorts of things yet the girl complaining admitted she does the same thing too. I was lookin' at her like >>>  undecided
Re: Nigerian Women Who Don't Eat A Lot In Front Of Guys by LordReed(m): 4:14pm On Apr 27, 2011
Why do people insist on shitting where they eat?

Nigerian this Nigerian that as though these same traits are not evident in other Nationalities.

If you want to rant about something you don't like do so without labeling it by Nigerian or any other nationality.
Re: Nigerian Women Who Don't Eat A Lot In Front Of Guys by dealordea(m): 6:27pm On Apr 27, 2011
@Pweety4me, From the look of things, You really a loser for uploading Nnaji Picture, No wonder men on NL loose interest in you, lol
@Mrs Chima, Nobi your fault, Your a granny now, that can be find on your pic,
@SexyDuby, When can we hook up for the Amala joint,

grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Women Who Don't Eat A Lot In Front Of Guys by segzicres(m): 6:46pm On Apr 27, 2011
@nerd I can only imagine!!! Lmao!!!
Re: Nigerian Women Who Don't Eat A Lot In Front Of Guys by MrsChima(f): 8:57pm On Apr 27, 2011
deal_ordea:

@Pweety4me, From the look of things, You really a loser for uploading Nnaji Picture, No wonder men on NL loose interest in you, lol
@Mrs Chima, Nobi your fault, Your a granny now, that can be find on your pic,

grin grin grin grin

LMAO@a dummy seeing a white man in tutu meaning I am a granny grin grin grin grin grin

I know it not your fault seeing your situations, I wish you well in your dire attempts to find your missing cells.

In order for a woman to be a granny, she would first need to have children and her children will need to have children as well. You can keep your kobo. wink
Re: Nigerian Women Who Don't Eat A Lot In Front Of Guys by Heineken(m): 9:06pm On Apr 27, 2011
We call it forming.wen u go closer 2 'em,u'll knw dat they're madly hungry o. Why forming na?
Re: Nigerian Women Who Don't Eat A Lot In Front Of Guys by toyemz(f): 9:13pm On Apr 27, 2011
@deal ordea

i see a vicious circle here
you invited someone out,she had only a pie and something light
you came to NL to complain
you are now inviting sexy duby who has said:

Im not d weight watching type& neither am i the shying 4rm eating in front of guys type too.
I rily dont mind dat Amala joint u mentioned here with ORISIRISI meat & numerous KPOMO

and then you would come back and complain about how Nigerian ladies eat out abi?
you really are confused!
Re: Nigerian Women Who Don't Eat A Lot In Front Of Guys by Nobody: 9:23pm On Apr 27, 2011
I don't necessarily know if it's a Nigerian thing but for some women
it's that they do not want to appear to be "greedy". I mean what man wants
a woman sticking her head into 7 (+) plates of food? undecided esp. when its still the
'toasting' or dating period.
Re: Nigerian Women Who Don't Eat A Lot In Front Of Guys by toyemz(f): 9:30pm On Apr 27, 2011
^^^^

it's a Nigerian thing but for some women
it's that they do not want to appear to be "greedy". I mean what man wants
a woman sticking her head into 7 (+) plates of food? esp. when its still the
'toasting' or dating period.

true that
but in this case the poster
would complain about everything,
whether the girl eats a lot or eats next to nothing
as evident from his post
he is just one of those!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Foods You Absolutely Cannot Stand / Jevinik Restaurant In Lagos - Phone Number / Feeding Lagos With Snake Pepper Soup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.