Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,730 members, 7,831,330 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Help!! My Sister Marriage Is About To Crash - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help!! My Sister Marriage Is About To Crash (3125 Views)

Another Marriage About To Crash. / My Wife Is A Thief & Greedy: My One-Month Marriage About To Crash / My Wife's Sister Is About To Crash My Marriage, Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!! My Sister Marriage Is About To Crash by blazepascal(m): 7:17am On May 14, 2021
Good day nairalanders

There is a very serious issue in our home right now .its about my sister marriage .there is a guy my sis love she cherish this guy a lot because the guy do take care of her and he's financially stable I even shared a good rapport with him and he sometimes give me free money .he also loves my sis a lot and has even proposed to her and my sis said yes she will marry him

But the problem now are my parent they didn't approve the marriage because they are triabalist or should I say triabalistic. The guy is Yoruba and we are Igbo. my parents told mY sis that if she wants to marry she should marry an Igbo guy . I've tried to persuade them yet they still remained opinionated .I don't know what to do else my sis has been crying .pls what should she do now .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!! My Sister Marriage Is About To Crash by GboyegaD(m): 7:21am On May 14, 2021
First, your sister isn't married.

Second, if she is of age, the court doesn't need your parents consent for them to may.

In addition, if she thinks your parents consent is a big deal, them both of them need be patient and keep talking to your parents. Some would say involve those they respect but I do not subscribe to that.

Lastly, she should take it to the Good she worships in prayers.

10 Likes

Re: Help!! My Sister Marriage Is About To Crash by Nobody: 7:21am On May 14, 2021
your sisters marriage is about to crash like say she don marry already.. oga carry your family problem solve for your family...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!! My Sister Marriage Is About To Crash by ogashman(m): 7:22am On May 14, 2021
Why re ur parents making marriage decisions for ur sister?

Are they the ones going into the marriage?

I'm sure they would start taunting ur sister by the time she reaches 30 and not married yet.

Tell ur parents to better wise up and let her be with who she loves and who loves her..... Ur sister's happiness should be their Paramount concern and not any fking tribe

1 Like

Re: Help!! My Sister Marriage Is About To Crash by blazepascal(m): 7:25am On May 14, 2021
GboyegaD:

Second, if she is of age, the court doesn't need your parents consent for them to may.

In addition, if she thinks your parents consent is a big deal, them both of them need be patient and keep talking to your parents. Some would say involve those they respect but I do not subscribe to that.

thanks bro I really appreciate
Re: Help!! My Sister Marriage Is About To Crash by blazepascal(m): 7:27am On May 14, 2021
ogashman:
Why re ur parents making marriage decisions for ur sister?

Are they the ones going into the marriage?

I'm sure they would start taunting ur sister by the time she reaches 30 and not married yet.

Tell ur parents to better wise up and let her be with who she loves and who loves her..... Ur sister's happiness should be their Paramount concern and not any fking tribe
that why I've been talking to them I will no relent oo they have to marry beside there is no more time
Re: Help!! My Sister Marriage Is About To Crash by majamajic(m): 7:34am On May 14, 2021
What an elderly man see from sitting position , climb iroko tree u will not see it

Do u know another Yoruba guy can come they will agree ?

What's he doing for a living , it's not about giving your sister money , what business he is into ?

7 Likes

Re: Help!! My Sister Marriage Is About To Crash by DaddyRochie1642: 7:34am On May 14, 2021
In your story up there, I laughed when you Said and I quote,
"I have a good rapport with him and he sometimes gives me free money",

Do you have a good rapport with him because he gives you free money grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Help!! My Sister Marriage Is About To Crash by duduade: 7:40am On May 14, 2021
So how come shes married

He just proposed to her na
Re: Help!! My Sister Marriage Is About To Crash by chatinent: 8:06am On May 14, 2021
Tribalism disgust me.

It's her happiness she wants! If I were the one, I'll definitely marry who complements me. They'll have to agree when the bond is too thick to be disagreed.

even shared a good rapport with him and he sometimes give me free money

You need to think twice doing this.
Re: Help!! My Sister Marriage Is About To Crash by chatinent: 8:07am On May 14, 2021
duduade:
So how come shes married

He just proposed to her na

The ‘marriage’ at hand.
Re: Help!! My Sister Marriage Is About To Crash by bukatyne(f): 8:16am On May 14, 2021
blazepascal:
Good day nairalanders

There is a very serious issue in our home right now .its about my sister marriage .there is a guy my sis love she cherish this guy a lot because the guy do take care of her and he's financially stable I even shared a good rapport with him and he sometimes give me free money .he also loves my sis a lot and has even proposed to her and my sis said yes she will marry him

But the problem now are my parent they didn't approve the marriage because they are triabalist or should I say triabalistic. The guy is Yoruba and we are Igbo. my parents told mY sis that if she wants to marry she should marry an Igbo guy . I've tried to persuade them yet they still remained opinionated .I don't know what to do else my sis has been crying .pls what should she do now .

Apart from money, what other value(s) has he shown your parents?

They seem like people not moved by money.

1 Like

Re: Help!! My Sister Marriage Is About To Crash by blazepascal(m): 8:50am On May 14, 2021
bukatyne:

Apart from money, what other value(s) has he shown your parents?

They seem like people not moved by money.
money is not even the problem my parent are financially stable my dad is a chartered accountant he earns about 200k if I'm correct it seem they dont just like Yoruba tribe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!! My Sister Marriage Is About To Crash by Liposure: 9:28am On May 14, 2021
Gone are the days when tribe is a major criteria in choosing who to marry. People now can marry whoever their heart desire irrespective of backgrounds and traditions. Keep talking to them, i'm sure they would understand

1 Like

Re: Help!! My Sister Marriage Is About To Crash by Solsix(m): 9:30am On May 14, 2021
My Uncle married from osun state against his parents advice, that marriage is one of the most successful marriage I have ever seen. BTW we are from Anambra

7 Likes

Re: Help!! My Sister Marriage Is About To Crash by RightToReject(m): 10:34am On May 14, 2021
You first have to recuse yourself from the matter because you've been compromised - you're venal. As much as old age doesn't automatically confer wisdom, it's, however, insulting to dismiss your parents opinion outright without dissecting the reason for their objections. But as a typical venal person, you've self-absorbingly concluded that tribalism is the core reason for their objections.

As much as your sister is entitled to her rights to liberty, and by extension has the sole right to choose whom to marry, she shouldn't, however, allow some fickle emotions built on the basis of ephemeral things to becloud her sense of reasoning, the same way she shouldn't allow baseless sentimental opinion of anyone to deprive her an opportunity to marry the right man for herself.

She should simply do what she knows is right under the circumstance, devoid of self-gratification and sentiments and be ready to assume the full responsibility of her choice in the future. It's better to be dead than to live on others opinion, when one is certain of themselves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!! My Sister Marriage Is About To Crash by franashi(f): 11:11am On May 14, 2021
1:your sister never marry so no marriage dey crash
2:the fact that he gives you money now does not make him a good person
3:one thing i know and i will obey is never marry without your parents consent no matter how supid you make think their reasons are
4:seek the face of God before you marry anyone because the human mind is deep, very deep.

2 Likes

Re: Help!! My Sister Marriage Is About To Crash by Icesnow(f): 11:33am On May 14, 2021
GboyegaD:

But if it is d man's family that doesn't want to accept the wife. You will start hearing u better listen to your mother advise., what an elder sees while sitting down, don't marry anybody your family isn't in support of bla bla bla. Reverse is d case now and you are saying the lady should marry without her parents consent. Such double standard. I'm not insulting u oo just generalising my post. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Help!! My Sister Marriage Is About To Crash by blazepascal(m): 11:38am On May 14, 2021
Liposure:
Gone are the days when tribe is a major criteria in choosing who to marry. People now can marry whoever their heart desire irrespective of backgrounds and traditions. Keep talking to them, i'm sure they would understand
OK bro I will continue to do that
Re: Help!! My Sister Marriage Is About To Crash by blazepascal(m): 11:39am On May 14, 2021
Solsix:
My Uncle married from osun state against his parents advice, that marriage is one of the most successful marriage I have ever seen. BTW we are from Anambra
really??
Re: Help!! My Sister Marriage Is About To Crash by blazepascal(m): 11:40am On May 14, 2021
RightToReject:
You first have to recuse yourself from the matter because you've been compromised - you're venal. As much as old age doesn't automatically confer wisdom, it's, however, insulting to dismiss your parents opinion outright without dissecting the reason for their objections. But as a typical venal person, you've self-absorbingly concluded that tribalism is the core reason for their objections. Thank u very much I stick to ur idea

As much as your sister is entitled to her rights to liberty, and by extension has the sole right to choose whom to marry, she shouldn't, however, allow some fickle emotions built on the basis of ephemeral things to becloud her sense of reasoning, the same way she shouldn't allow baseless sentimental opinion of anyone to deprive her an opportunity to marry the right man for herself.

She should simply do what she knows is right under the circumstance, devoid of self-gratification and sentiments and be ready to assume the full responsibility of her choice in the future. It's better to be dead than to live on others opinion, when one is certain of themselves.

thank you very much I stick to your idea
Re: Help!! My Sister Marriage Is About To Crash by blazepascal(m): 11:43am On May 14, 2021
franashi:
3:one thing i know and i will obey is never marry without your parents consent no matter how supid you make think their reasons are
4:seek the face of God before you marry anyone because the human mind is deep, very deep.
OK ..noted
Re: Help!! My Sister Marriage Is About To Crash by Karleb(m): 1:00pm On May 14, 2021
franashi:

No 3 is plain trash!

Some parents don't care about you. Some parents are too damn selfish. In such cases, marry without their consent.

3 Likes

Re: Help!! My Sister Marriage Is About To Crash by jesmond3945: 1:10pm On May 14, 2021
blazepascal:
Good day nairalanders

it is unfortunate that your parents are bigots but they would be the first to crucify buhari when he appoints a northerner.

1 Like

Re: Help!! My Sister Marriage Is About To Crash by blazepascal(m): 1:12pm On May 14, 2021
jesmond3945:
it is unfortunate that your parents are bigots but they would be the first to crucify buhari when he appoints a northerner.
loI i swear
Re: Help!! My Sister Marriage Is About To Crash by GboyegaD(m): 1:18pm On May 14, 2021
Icesnow:
But if it is d man's family that doesn't want to accept the wife. You will start hearing u better listen to your mother advise., what an elder sees while sitting down, don't marry anybody your family isn't in support of bla bla bla. Reverse is d case now and you are saying the lady should marry without her parents consent. Such double standard. I'm not insulting u oo just generalising my post. Thanks

Aunty, why generalize on my post? Have you read me write such or you are just excited to quote me?
Re: Help!! My Sister Marriage Is About To Crash by franashi(f): 4:53pm On May 14, 2021
Ok. And did you see the 'I' there?
Karleb:

Ok
No 3 is plain trash!

Some parents don't care about you. Some parents are too damn selfish. In such cases, marry without their consent.
Re: Help!! My Sister Marriage Is About To Crash by Karleb(m): 5:01pm On May 14, 2021
franashi:
Ok. And did you see the 'I' there?

Doesn't matter. You shouldn't become unhappy to please your parents especially when it's unnecessary.
Re: Help!! My Sister Marriage Is About To Crash by Pacesetter2021: 7:09pm On May 14, 2021
If you and your sister know what is good for u, u better listen to your parents. Besides u sound like a very young chap who doesn't know Jack about life. What's fascinating you is that he dashes you money.

The truth is that despite your parents being tribalistic, there could still be a yoruba man that your parents will accept, and I don't mean a richer person.

What your parents perceive, you don't know half of it. If she forces her way and goes ahead, she will suffer alone cos she won't have the face to go back to them when it comes crumbling down and you are little brother won't be of help either.

My own is, if you make mistake to marry the wrong person, you will so suffer. I can tell you that for free.
Re: Help!! My Sister Marriage Is About To Crash by AvalonSpace(m): 7:45pm On May 14, 2021
djsjxjfjdisjdjb:
your sisters marriage is about to crash like say she don marry already.. oga carry your family problem solve for your family...
which kind response be that?
Re: Help!! My Sister Marriage Is About To Crash by blazepascal(m): 10:41am On May 15, 2021
Pacesetter2021:
If you and your sister know what is good for u, u better listen to your parents. Besides u sound like a very young chap who doesn't know Jack about life. What's fascinating you is that he dashes you money.

The truth is that despite your parents being tribalistic, there could still be a yoruba man that your parents will accept, and I don't mean a richer person.

What your parents perceive, you don't know half of it. If she forces her way and goes ahead, she will suffer alone cos she won't have the face to go back to them when it comes crumbling down and you are little brother won't be of help either.

My own is, if you make mistake to marry the wrong person, you will so suffer. I can tell you that for free.
So what do u mean she should follow her parent advice
Re: Help!! My Sister Marriage Is About To Crash by frozen70(f): 12:56pm On May 15, 2021
blazepascal:
Good day nairalanders

Your sister is the one involved in this matter

She knows where her happiness is

Your parents are against it because the Yoruba people can marry and keep on to marry another woman so your parents wouldn't want that for your sister

The Ibos do marry too but is not easy to marry another woman while you are are still presently married

Let her calm down and take a decision that will make her life better or mar her future

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Help Myself Stop Feeling Inferior / Advice On Family Interference / Pictures From A Nairalander's Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.