Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,445 members, 7,843,367 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Linking My NIN To My Phone Number Gives Terrorists Control Over My Information - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Linking My NIN To My Phone Number Gives Terrorists Control Over My Information (330 Views)

Timipre Sylva: FG Has No Control Over The Price Of Cooking Gas / Pantami Takes NIN To New York To Enrol Nigerians Living In U.S. / Aisha Yesufu: Why I Won’t Link NIN To My Phone Number; Pantami Must Go (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Linking My NIN To My Phone Number Gives Terrorists Control Over My Information by jazzme1: 4:33am On May 15, 2021
A Nigerian socio-political activist and co-convener of the Bring Back Our Girls Movement, Aisha Yesufu has said that she will not link her National Identification Number to her phone number as required by the Federal Government.

In a tweet with the hashtag #PantiMustGo, she wrote:
“Let me repeat categorically what I have said before. I WILL NOT BE LINKING MY NIN to my phone number! I will rather not have a phone line than willingly give my information and have it in the control of a terrorist sympathiser and his cohorts #PantamiMustGo,”

PUNCH reports that the call for Pantami’s sacking or resignation is a result of a sermon he delivered in the past which had him allegedly sympathising with terrorist groups – Al-Qaeda and the Taliban.

Recall that Pantami was, however, backed by the Presidency through the Senior Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, who said the minister was young when he made those statements and that his position had since changed.
Reacting through a video in April, Yesufu said, “The Presidency is not Garba Shehu and Muhammadu Buhari. The Presidency is an institution and that institution should never be seen in any way whatsoever supporting someone who is now known to have been a terrorist sympathiser.
“We cannot be a nation that allows people who support terrorism to be out there in our public domain as public servants. We cannot have a minister of a sector that is so sensitive – as per our information, everything under that sector – be someone who is a terrorist sympathiser, whether has been, still is, repented or not.”

https://everyknows.com/pages/918/linking-my-nin-to-my-phone-number-gives-terrorists-control-over-my-information---aisha-yesufu

Re: Linking My NIN To My Phone Number Gives Terrorists Control Over My Information by Mynd44: 6:21am On May 15, 2021

(1)

Don't Say I Did Not Tell You (the IPOB Saga) / More Govs Will Dump PDP Soon – Ayade Assures APC / Confusion In Cross River As PDP, APC Lay Claim To Secretariat Landlord Issues St

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.