Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

What Happens To A Deceased Funds Lying In The Bank - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Happens To A Deceased Funds Lying In The Bank (350 Views)

How Do I Stop Lying. / Drunk Man Found Lying Unconsciously After Forgetting His Car At Shrine (photos) / Dead Woman Made To ‘Pound Yam’ During Her Lying-In-State (Warning: Scary Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happens To A Deceased Funds Lying In The Bank by NamelessOGBENI(m): 8:22am On May 15, 2021
Morning Nairalanders....

I just lost my uncle some years ago now he has an account with Bank Z until his demise. Few years after, I now happen to work with the Customer Service Unit of the said bank, along the line, I discovered that the account was operational with funds still coming in on a annual basis. Now that's not the problem, the poser on mind is for how long with that funds remain in the account?

Kindly help a lost brother..
Re: What Happens To A Deceased Funds Lying In The Bank by Amotolongbo(f): 8:25am On May 15, 2021
NamelessOGBENI:
Morning my dear Nairalanders....

I just lost my uncle some years ago now he has an account with Bank Z until his demise. Few years after, I now happen to work with the Customer Service Unit of said bank, along the line, I discovered that the account was operational with funds still coming in on a yearly basis. Now that's not the problem, the poser on mind is for how long with that funds remain in the account?

Kindly help a lost brother..
That is the handwork if the bank manager.

They trade with the money for a while and when they discover that no “next of kin” or immediate family member comes to request or facilitate the process of withdrawing the money, they “lift” it into another account(bank manager’s account? I no know o grin)

1 Like

Re: What Happens To A Deceased Funds Lying In The Bank by NamelessOGBENI(m): 8:41am On May 15, 2021
Amotolongbo:
That is the handwork if the bank manager.

They trade with the money for a while and when they discover that no “next of kin” or immediate family member comes to request or facilitate the process of withdrawing the money, they “lift” it into another account(bank manager’s account? I no know o grin)
Interesting...

I used to have this POV but local man cannot can't what to believe anymore
Re: What Happens To A Deceased Funds Lying In The Bank by Skyfornia(m): 8:45am On May 15, 2021
cool You work in the bank...you should know better

(1) (Reply)

Lessons From The Story Of The Anonymous Caller / Bbnaija: Tega's V!ginal Smells Like Fish, I'll Have Sex With Her Five More Times / Unauthorized Debit By My Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.