Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? (10715 Views)

Can I Learn Programming With My Smartphone / You Would Better Start Programming With Java Or C# / Download Whatsapp For Windows 7 32 Bit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by A1grade: 2:24pm On May 16, 2021
Please I really want to learn programming so badly. However, what I have is a windows 7 32-bit OS. I have not been gainfully employed since I graduated 2007. So the truth is that I am broke. What I have is an old laptop that I described above. Can I learn with it?

Besides, I would appreciate someone mentoring me in web development. I am a super fast learner. Just that life hasn't been fair to me. Please I need help.

4 Likes

Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by Nobody: 5:21pm On May 16, 2021
A1grade:
Please I really want to learn programming so badly. However, what I have is a windows 7 32-bit OS. I have not been gainfully employed since I graduated 2007. So the truth is that I am broke. What I have is an old laptop that I described above. Can I learn with it?

Besides, I would appreciate someone mentoring me in web development. I am a super fast learner. Just that life hasn't been fair to me. Please I need help.
Who cares if it's 32bit or not modern languages can even make 32bit systems use 64bit data types (C can do this) but most importantly what are your system specs, your CPU model and speed, your RAM capacity, your HDD capacity(this one ain't that important apart from swap on memory which the Os can use to extend the RAM capacity), since you are using a laptop I don't need to ask you about your GPU since you're obviously going to be using an integrated GPU given you're current financial status and tech knowledge. Besides there are many fields in programming I'll briefly advise you to try your hand in writing (books, content writing etc) because programming is almost always a disappointment for broke people.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by sonofthunder: 7:25am On May 19, 2021
SegFault:

Who cares if it's 32bit or not modern languages can even make 32bit systems use 64bit data types (C can do this) but most importantly what are your system specs, your CPU model and speed, your RAM capacity, your HDD capacity(this one ain't that important apart from swap on memory which the Os can use to extend the RAM capacity), since you are using a laptop I don't need to ask you about your GPU since you're obviously going to be using an integrated GPU given you're current financial status and tech knowledge. Besides there are many fields in programming I'll briefly advise you to try your hand in writing (books, content writing etc) because programming is almost always a disappointment for broke people.

Hello sir, please explain your last sentence.

1 Like

Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:34am On May 19, 2021
Install Linux on the machine and start. You can download free udemy courses from freetutorialsus or tutsgalaxy.net.

20 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:37am On May 19, 2021
SegFault:

This is honestly not true. A lot of people have changed their whole lives just by knowing how to code. The problem is most of the people learning to code ain't doing the right things.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by Nobody: 9:56am On May 19, 2021
sonofthunder:

Hello sir, please explain your last sentence.
Well, you need money for data laptop and all that. You need money to make money.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by Nobody: 9:58am On May 19, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

This is honestly not true. A lot of people have changed their whole lives just by knowing how to code. The problem is most of the people learning to code ain't doing the right things.
Says someone who was working before entering programming, do you know what it means to be rock bottom broke to the extent of homelessness. I guess you don't.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:02am On May 19, 2021
SegFault:

Says someone who was working before entering programming, do you know what it means to be rock bottom broke to the extent of homelessness. I guess you don't.
True but op already has a laptop. There are people in this section that can give him videos. I think that's one hurdle passed but you were learnung to code then and was doing operating systems and stuff. I recall a nairalander offering to buy you a laptop of 100k if you could show what you had built. What happened?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by Nobody: 10:05am On May 19, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

True but op already has a laptop. There are people in this section that can give him videos. I think that's one hurdle passed but you were learnung to code then and was doing operating systems and stuff. I recall a nairalander offering to buy you a laptop of 100k if you could show what you had built. What happened?
Honestly forgot that stuff self, the problem is that all I've got are incomplete projects for example i wanted to build a language that runs on a vm and a framework for it, I was almost done with the vm before lightning struck. I just felt so aimless at some points till I stepped into bootstrap then decided to do some website stuff after learning of course that was at the time life turned upside down.
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:12am On May 19, 2021
SegFault:

Honestly forgot that stuff self, the problem is that all I've got are incomplete projects for example i wanted to build a language that runs on a vm and a framework for it, I was almost done with the vm before lightning struck. I just felt so aimless at some points till I stepped into bootstrap then decided to do some website stuff after learning of course that was at the time life turned upside down.
So sorry men. Honestly when you get a laptop just do web development forget the other stuff. It doesn't sell here. Let's see how things go in the coming months.
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by DropsMic(m): 12:44pm On May 19, 2021
Yeah... But it's gon stress you

1 Like

Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by iamyemiakins(m): 12:45pm On May 19, 2021
h
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by Chukabiz(m): 12:45pm On May 19, 2021
This life
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 19, 2021

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by revived: 12:45pm On May 19, 2021
E go be for you

64bit is better
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by RisenJoe(m): 12:46pm On May 19, 2021
Ok
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by Sirmuel1(m): 12:46pm On May 19, 2021
Yes. You can even learn with a Phone for now.

5 Likes

Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by Mooh247: 12:47pm On May 19, 2021
Yes
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by iamyemiakins(m): 12:48pm On May 19, 2021
As you note the topic pls note the quoted.

Make una help OP, 2007 no be beans.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by blazepascal(m): 12:48pm On May 19, 2021
Definitely
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by iconnecta(m): 12:49pm On May 19, 2021
yes,
just download the 32bit version of the programming framework.
also 64bit Operating system can accommodate 32bit application software in most cases.
32bit App are installed in 64bit OS(in 32bit directory) except if they are strictly restricted, due to dll file compatibility or cross platform compatibility.

64bit means an expansion of binary space, to accommodate more data representation in binary
1101001010111000000101010101011111100000010101010101010101010101 (this is 64bit)
00000111111000001111100000010101 (this is 32bit)

4 Likes

Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by uzedo1(m): 12:51pm On May 19, 2021
It won't be easy because some programs will be slow, which might frustrate you.

However, since your mind is made up, you can start by installing W3school. Then learn HTML, CSS and JavaScript.

Visit Youtube, Stackoverflow.com which are free. Udemy u buy course. But in all you need little money for data.

U can use operamini to do your web research because it doesn't consume much data.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by captainamiedi1: 12:51pm On May 19, 2021
it will so slow that u might get angry
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by Ajiswaggs(m): 12:51pm On May 19, 2021
shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by LoydJ(m): 12:53pm On May 19, 2021
Everybody jus dey learn programming
E kon be like say I nor dey serious with my Life.

21 Likes

Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by jimmyolasun: 12:54pm On May 19, 2021
Yes you can

So long it is one of your weekly church programme..

2 Likes

Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by unite4real: 12:54pm On May 19, 2021
you can learn COBOL and FORTRAN grin grin grin grin grin

for peace of mind go for 64bit OS

1 Like

Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by ArewaNightmare: 12:55pm On May 19, 2021
grin na snail u wan program ni ?

1 Like

Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by highoctane: 12:55pm On May 19, 2021
SegFault:

Go and farm, the almighty God will supply the seeds, sunshine and rain, and patiently wait, you will never in your life yawn �.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Html,css,javascript Group Tutorial / Java EE Developer And Spring Developer In Here. / How To Make Money From Developing Software Using Vb Or Java

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.