Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? (17754 Views)

3 Nigerian Governors Using Made-in-nigeria Vehicles As Official Cars (pics) / Osun Directs Oyetola, Wife, Appointees To Return Official Cars / Innoson Vehicles Appreciates Soludo For Making Its Brand His Official Cars (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? by Ademola47(m): 5:50pm On May 18, 2021
Some months ago, President Buhari's daughter, Zahra, was flown on the presidential jet. It was the basis of conversation in the political realm for days. Similar scenarios have been witnessed before and after that from people in power.

Children and spouses of public office holders travel in their parents or spouses official cars and jets.

For educational purposes only, and without political sentiments of any form, What does the Nigerian constitution say about such act?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? by id4sho(m): 6:47am On May 19, 2021
Interesting
Re: What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? by Ademola47(m): 12:40pm On May 21, 2021
Lalasticlala please bless this thread
Modified
Thanks cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? by wunmi590(m): 2:40pm On May 21, 2021
shocked

I have not studied the zoo constitution up to that level, but it can be heard that your family can quickly use your official car on an errand....

But for a plane, do you even know the cost it would incure on the government?

Why do you think they pay high for a ticket to travel out of the country, and that's with many passengers, so that they can recover their money back...

But can you imagine using official plane to travel alone with your family and you are using tax payers money to jolificate with your family....

In short Buhari and his family needs to come and stood down infront of all Nigerians to lash them 10 strokes of cane each

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? by Stipe: 2:41pm On May 21, 2021
I'm driving, once I park I will address this.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? by AGNESikpuNNU(f): 2:41pm On May 21, 2021
cool cool
The Fulani MUPPET in review has broken all known Nigerian Laws. So It won't matter what the law has to say.
We rather ask "what MIYETTI ALLAH or MACBAN" says about it, cause their opinion is more important to the lanky plonker and his gang of shameless bunglers.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? by Deathforall: 2:41pm On May 21, 2021
grin
Re: What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? by Heavenschild: 2:42pm On May 21, 2021
The Constitution says that the poster and moderator that approved this post does not have job..

Because if they have a job they will know that Nigeria is a lawless country...

9 Likes

Re: What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? by Johnrake69: 2:42pm On May 21, 2021
What it says is determined by the body signs of the president. Case closed.

Nigeria is a lawless country.
Re: What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? by Chatflick(m): 2:43pm On May 21, 2021
Nigeria has no law

3 Likes

Re: What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? by oluwatunechi(m): 2:43pm On May 21, 2021
So i can't drive my dad's car abi
Re: What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? by edepie: 2:43pm On May 21, 2021
I just tire

I believe say na just show of power or position undecided
Re: What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? by Akpuobi1: 2:43pm On May 21, 2021
Monies paid by taxpayers and properties acquired for the office of the president are solely for the President's official functions and office, not for family members. So it's an abuse of office if that property/car is turned into a family car because a family member is a president.

4 Likes

Re: What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? by LordIsaac(m): 2:44pm On May 21, 2021
It is controversial. They are the first family and the apparatus available for the figure head is for them grin
Just like the principal uses the official car to drive his family to church...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? by Nobody: 2:44pm On May 21, 2021
Which law? Is it not the money they steal from office that their children show off on social media? Please
Re: What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? by Kosoco(m): 2:45pm On May 21, 2021
They have the full right and Paraphernalia of power...... Because they are first Family. Americans do so too

3 Likes

Re: What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? by edimalo(m): 2:45pm On May 21, 2021
waiting to learn
Re: What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? by Kevinsamba: 2:45pm On May 21, 2021
Following
Re: What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? by ednut1(m): 2:45pm On May 21, 2021
Nigerians are very docile. We keep looking while these fools ruling us keep spending money on frivolous things
Re: What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? by Preator: 2:46pm On May 21, 2021
nothing. At least not explicitly. However since it was the political office holder that was elected, it infers that the use of all the accoutrements attached to the role must be for official duties only. Usage by family members, friends and even the elected officials not in furtherance of the purpose for which the official was elected will be deemed illegal or unethical at the least.

The president taking his wife on a date night using the presidential jet is not allowed. In saner climes, he will refund the cost of a first class ticket. in other climes, what can you do other than ask questions on Nairaland?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? by Sailorsoldier1: 2:47pm On May 21, 2021
I do have rugged sex in my dad's official cars anytime I go clubbing with any of them....
Re: What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? by Imsoblessed: 2:48pm On May 21, 2021
It says nothing...
Re: What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? by dejonathan(f): 2:49pm On May 21, 2021
Everyone just dey rant and they keep ranting...
No one don answer the question directly or indirectly

3 Likes

Re: What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? by deepwater(f): 2:49pm On May 21, 2021
Laws are made for poor people!
Poor people do not have official cars...... undecided

1 Like

Re: What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? by cassidy1996(m): 2:50pm On May 21, 2021
Nigeria matter dey tire person

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nnamani Warns PDP Over Boycott Of Wike’s Camp / Peter Obi Explains “From Consumption To Production” / Lagos Oil And Gas Corporation Gets Certification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.