Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,842 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

What's The Worst Thing You've Overheard While Pretending To Be Asleep? - Jokes Etc (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / What's The Worst Thing You've Overheard While Pretending To Be Asleep? (58958 Views)

What’s The Worst April Fool Prank That Almost Made You Cry? / #WorstBeatingOfMyLife: Nigerians share worst beating of their lives / Fully Coded Armed Guy's Stole The Worst Thing Ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Worst Thing You've Overheard While Pretending To Be Asleep? by BarrElChapo(m): 11:29pm On May 30, 2021
Too bad o.

MartinsOlaeuyi:
well, mine was my father.
I was pretending to be sleeping on the couch in the living room. He was on phone with someone and he called my name just to confirm if I was sleeping or not.

While I was eavesdropping on his conversation, I heard him telling someone else I love you, kisses on the phone and reminding the person that he's going to be at her place the following day. Meanwhile, my mum was in the kitchen cooking.

As papa cut call, I just normal normal standup.

1 Like

Re: What's The Worst Thing You've Overheard While Pretending To Be Asleep? by BarrElChapo(m): 11:50pm On May 30, 2021
Lighthammer:
had to stay with my dad friend sometimes ago when i travelled to imo state,his children were behaving somehow and they started abusing me in spanish and they dnt knw i understant it and german and when saying those words they will be smiling,i just maintain a poker face,the day i was to leave,i decided to instill fear in them,the older female was wishing me a safe journey and i told her callate perra(shut up bi t c h)
her reaction was priceless

3 Likes

Re: What's The Worst Thing You've Overheard While Pretending To Be Asleep? by seunny4lif(m): 1:39am On May 31, 2021
grin grin
Your papa go just froze cheesy cheesy
MartinsOlaeuyi:
well, mine was my father.
I was pretending to be sleeping on the couch in the living room. He was on phone with someone and he called my name just to confirm if I was sleeping or not.

While I was eavesdropping on his conversation, I heard him telling someone else I love you, kisses on the phone and reminding the person that he's going to be at her place the following day. Meanwhile, my mum was in the kitchen cooking.

As papa cut call, I just normal normal standup.
Re: What's The Worst Thing You've Overheard While Pretending To Be Asleep? by seunny4lif(m): 1:43am On May 31, 2021
grin grin grin
Lighthammer:
had to stay with my dad friend sometimes ago when i travelled to imo state,his children were behaving somehow and they started abusing me in spanish and they dnt knw i understant it and german and when saying those words they will be smiling,i just maintain a poker face,the day i was to leave,i decided to instill fear in them,the older female was wishing me a safe journey and i told her callate perra(shut up bi t c h)
her reaction was priceless
Re: What's The Worst Thing You've Overheard While Pretending To Be Asleep? by Litmus: 1:55am On May 31, 2021
imagrg:
I was about 6 years old then.
My parents went to the village to attend one of my uncle's traditional wedding and my father's younger sister invited her boyfriend in. We slept in same room with her. I and my siblings slept off. As I woke up in the midnight to ease myself, I noticed the young man on top of my auntie...both of them stark naked. The young man was bouncing up and down of top of aunty. I quickly rushed to them and gave the young man a punch on the back asking him to leave my auntie alone and get out our house! Come and see surprise!
The next morning my auntie bribed me with big cup of ice cream and I promised not to tell...

Six years old and you no even think say them dey fight? shocked shocked
Re: What's The Worst Thing You've Overheard While Pretending To Be Asleep? by Kieldgreat: 4:24am On May 31, 2021
My gf then, now EX, was on the phone with another guy who was asking for a video call in the middle of the night. With hopes to see breast. I was just quietly forming deep sleep.
Babe legit got up, went to the other room and started video calling!
All them lowlifer girls who fall for those guys using international numbers on WhatsApp!
Only if I keep using the WhatsApp number of the different phone numbers I’ve had cause to get in my many travels.

The idiot is with the sharks now where she belongs!
����

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Worst Thing You've Overheard While Pretending To Be Asleep? by superCleanworks(m): 4:42am On May 31, 2021
Spent a whole year acting like i could not hear yoruba during NYSC. A whole year of serious back stabbing, mocking, gossip, betrayal of trust just because they felt i was deaf to their language.

They had a send forth dinner for us During corpers' week and we the corpers had to give our vote of thanks. Guess which language I was using to talk to all of them?

Na so I just dey hear... Ah Ah, so bobo yin gbo ede yoruba! Ah mo gbe

11 Likes

Re: What's The Worst Thing You've Overheard While Pretending To Be Asleep? by bunmioguns(m): 5:44am On May 31, 2021
Ishilove:

You can get data cheaper from bunmioguns.
https://www.nairaland.com/bunmioguns

Personally tested and trusted for 6 years and counting.

I really appreciate ma

Thanks so so much
Re: What's The Worst Thing You've Overheard While Pretending To Be Asleep? by Ishilove: 6:30am On May 31, 2021
bunmioguns:

I really appreciate ma

Thanks so so much

You're welcome dear
Re: What's The Worst Thing You've Overheard While Pretending To Be Asleep? by princewarri1985: 6:35am On May 31, 2021
This brings back memories! About 25 years back my mom younger brother who now lives in Germany, i went to his 1 room apartment in benin to spend the weekend. In the night i heard him and his wife discusing hush hush, he is Hot and wanted to have sex with his wife but his wife keep saying but your sister son is around wait till tomorrow when he is gone then we can have sex and he told her that i was asleep and i pretended to be asleep and even snoring and eventually they started having sex and my heart was beating fast, and her moaning was even more hillarous. Huuuu, Huuuuu Huuuuu

4 Likes

Re: What's The Worst Thing You've Overheard While Pretending To Be Asleep? by Hassanmaye(m): 7:11am On May 31, 2021
OlayemiAshraf:
Lit my kpoli as I read people's experience grin
Haha bad boy

1 Like

Re: What's The Worst Thing You've Overheard While Pretending To Be Asleep? by Hassanmaye(m): 7:13am On May 31, 2021
Skyfornia:
grin If only lalasticlala will come and tell his own story.

One time I had a visitor, she slept over and by midnight I saw her going through my things, she thought I was sleeping. She took my gold chain and hid inside her bag, I just kept quiet.

By morning when she was planning to leave, as soon as she entered the bathroom to freshen up, I opened her bag and took my chain back..

Cause of that I didn't bother to give her tfare, lied to her that I'll transfer some money to her..

She didn't bother much bout the tfare cause in her mind she already have the gold chain grin

I don't know how she must have felt after discovering the chain is no longer in her bag...she never called me again and I never bothered too
Haha what a bad boy that knows the game !

2 Likes

Re: What's The Worst Thing You've Overheard While Pretending To Be Asleep? by Hassanmaye(m): 7:16am On May 31, 2021
EzeAnambra:
During nysc camping,i was dating this yoruba girl. So one day,we were together when she received a call and they spoke in Yoruba language. The two girls sitting at our back (Igbos) started complaining in Igbo language that every girl is getting hooked up and it's remaining them.They didn't know I'm Igbo and understood what dey where saying..I just smiled as the Boss I'm grin
Boss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Worst Thing You've Overheard While Pretending To Be Asleep? by holatin(m): 7:36am On May 31, 2021
hstar:

Ashamed of what?

Are you the man?
haven't u feel shame for a person shameless before....I do when they do things that make me cringe publicly

2 Likes

Re: What's The Worst Thing You've Overheard While Pretending To Be Asleep? by Nobody: 7:45am On May 31, 2021
Pofgrace:
s
Good morning sir, once again, I am grateful for yesterday. may you nor your generation never had a reason to go hungry. Amen.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Worst Thing You've Overheard While Pretending To Be Asleep? by Nobody: 7:48am On May 31, 2021
alfajohn:
Sent 10k just use hold body it is well. Nairaland one happy family irrespective of the abuses.
Good morning sir, once again, I am very grateful for yesterday.
may neither you, nor your generation never had a reason to go hungry.
Amen.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Worst Thing You've Overheard While Pretending To Be Asleep? by chymes0359(m): 8:17am On May 31, 2021
I was staying over in my uncles house during my NYSC service year.
I was trying to sleep over 20mins when i began to hear all rubbish they were saying about me thinking that am asleep.
I can recall one saying that i cant even find a house to rent and not man enough to take responsibilities, that all i know is to eat their food and sleep. Funny thing was that i suspect they are not happy with my staying coz i always give them work concerning home cleaning and not sending them when they dont keep food for me.
This are people i spent 40% of my allowee on buying provision every end of the month i dont even take.
After they finish there rubbish talk, One was telling the other to check wether am sleeping, i responded to her; Am Not!
They become perplexed and the next morning i left their house to coppers lodge..

Lesson: relatives are better of when everybody keeps there distance and see once in a while.
Staying over for a longer time create chaos and family feud.

14 Likes

Re: What's The Worst Thing You've Overheard While Pretending To Be Asleep? by emzynuel1: 8:45am On May 31, 2021
simplesearch:

Polygamy is not God's will, those thinking they can make anything good out of what has rejected like the offering of cain are only deceiving themselves. If you're a second wife and reading this no matter your investment in that relationship, for your eternity sake divorce the man and get on with the Lord and he'll definitely make a way for you, but if you refuse and stick out your neck you are only wasting your precious life, God only see you as a parasite and a thief, and no thief will inherit the kingdom of God.
Polygamy only thrive for a while, it always create and engineer more problem later in life for those involved than it can solve. Some problem may even surface after the man is gone, some might even be unpremeditated or unthought of.
Oga rest
When solomon, David, Moses e.t.c had multiple wives sheey baba God shout
Bro abeg make we ya word
Everytin has a gud n bad syd
Re: What's The Worst Thing You've Overheard While Pretending To Be Asleep? by MummyD2020(f): 8:47am On May 31, 2021
legallyminded:
Twice has such occurred.
The second one being the most significant was how a so-called close friend was telling other friends that I was a fool for helping him when he was in need and it happened to be that they had just returned and I had just regained consciousness but still had my eyes closed.

That's why I don't trust anyone till date.
Hope you got rid of the ungrateful idiot. Betrayals!
Re: What's The Worst Thing You've Overheard While Pretending To Be Asleep? by MummyD2020(f): 8:48am On May 31, 2021
FreelanceRebel:
At 7yrs, I follow my elder sis to a neighbor's wedding in another town. The neighbor's son who happened to host us in his room is a terrible guy.

As an innocent mindless little boy, I saw and heard terrible thing in the dark. 23years later I still see that guy who is now a man as bad person.

I think bed wet that day because am afraid to stand up in the middle of the furnication
Your story is not clear
Re: What's The Worst Thing You've Overheard While Pretending To Be Asleep? by Misternas89(m): 8:52am On May 31, 2021
Ugandatales:

That's so nice. What state are you guys from? I'm really curious to know.
You be questionnaire This one you are always eager to know eager to know. Na so u Dey follow one babe wey understand 5 languages u dey eager to know her. Mr Eager

3 Likes

Re: What's The Worst Thing You've Overheard While Pretending To Be Asleep? by legallyminded: 8:56am On May 31, 2021
MummyD2020:
Hope you got rid of the ungrateful idiot. Betrayals!
No! That wasn't necessary at all. I just shut the traitor out completely.
Re: What's The Worst Thing You've Overheard While Pretending To Be Asleep? by MummyD2020(f): 9:00am On May 31, 2021
SimeonOTC:
The death of my step mum..

Woke up in the middle of the Night, overhead my dad and mum making frightened and panic calls.
I pretend to be asleep, though I knew it was my step mum who recently had one of her breast cut off as a result of breast cancer.
The Next thing i heard was "..she no dey talk again? Make Una force her talk.."..this was begining to over frighting me as my heart beat faster..

Another call came in at 2:30am and the next thing I heard from my dad was " she don die?..."she die!?"

My mum burst into tears to inform my gradmum in her room..
My grandmum was singing almost throughout the night..very sad night.

Your family must be a loving one. The opposite happens in mist places. People will rejoice at the news of the co-wife or step mum's passing

2 Likes

Re: What's The Worst Thing You've Overheard While Pretending To Be Asleep? by Ugandatales: 9:01am On May 31, 2021
Misternas89:

You be questionnaire This one you are always eager to know eager to know. Na so u Dey follow one baby wey understand 5 languages u dey eager to know her. Mr Eager

Lol!
By the way, I'm eager to know how you came up with your moniker...are you a Nas fan?

2 Likes

Re: What's The Worst Thing You've Overheard While Pretending To Be Asleep? by MummyD2020(f): 9:05am On May 31, 2021
michaelpop50:

My dad spoke all the languages in Nigeria when he was alive.

Hmmmmm
Re: What's The Worst Thing You've Overheard While Pretending To Be Asleep? by ezewealth(m): 9:07am On May 31, 2021
chymes0359:
I was staying over in my uncles house during my NYSC service year.
I was trying to sleep over 20mins when i began to hear all rubbish they were saying about me thinking that am asleep.
I can recall one saying that i cant even find a house to rent and not man enough to take responsibilities, that all i know is to eat their food and sleep. Funny thing was that i suspect they are not happy with my staying coz i always give them work concerning home cleaning and not sending them when they dont keep food for me.
This are people i spent 40% of my allowee on buying provision every end of the month i dont even take.
After they finish there rubbish talk, One was telling the other to check wether am sleeping, i responded to her; Am Not!
They become perplexed and the next morning i left their house to coppers lodge..

Lesson: relatives are better of when everybody keeps there distance and see once in a while.
Staying over for a longer time create chaos and family feud.
I swear to you bro, I don't even have energy to talk my own ordeal

3 Likes

Re: What's The Worst Thing You've Overheard While Pretending To Be Asleep? by Misternas89(m): 9:12am On May 31, 2021
Ugandatales:

Lol!
By the way, I'm eager to know how you came up with your moniker...are you a Nas fan?
Nasir is my last name, shortened to “Nas”. Are you still eager ? grin tongue

5 Likes

Re: What's The Worst Thing You've Overheard While Pretending To Be Asleep? by Ugandatales: 9:20am On May 31, 2021
Misternas89:

Nasir is my last name, shortened to “Nas”. Are you still eager ? grin tongue

Lol. No.

1 Like

Re: What's The Worst Thing You've Overheard While Pretending To Be Asleep? by AdaobiRosita: 9:31am On May 31, 2021
When I was little, my help was sent to the market and she took me along with her convincing my mum that we will be back soon. On our way, we branched somewhere... I was bored so I pretended to be sleeping. Well, they thought I have gone far... they started doing the do. I stay still even when scratch is scratching me. When I knew they have finished, I pretended a yawn to alert them that I’m awake and ready to go. When we came back... being a good person... I did not burst her bubble.

1 Like

Re: What's The Worst Thing You've Overheard While Pretending To Be Asleep? by poshestmina(f): 9:41am On May 31, 2021
SefunmiHookups:

I think he meant your inner dialogue, as in, your main dialect. Na forming queens grammar by the Bobo wey you quote cause am... Pele grin grin "inner dialogue," though grin

Aunty teach me something at least. Any language. Or teach me the language of Love, if that's all you can offer to grin
But I speak;
French
Russian
Chinese
Little of Kazakh
Yoruba
Helep me nau

Inner dialogue means the language you think with or talk with in your head not main dialect.
It's pidgin na grin grin grin.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Worst Thing You've Overheard While Pretending To Be Asleep? by poshestmina(f): 9:42am On May 31, 2021
donem:

U speak Hausa?

Not fluently but I understand very well and just reply back in English .
Re: What's The Worst Thing You've Overheard While Pretending To Be Asleep? by poshestmina(f): 9:43am On May 31, 2021
NewDelhi:

It's not just about speaking a few words, can you hold conversations fluently? That's what we mean.

Yes except Hausa ...I'm not fluent in it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Best Of Jokes By Sam Milla / When An Igbo Girl Finally Finds Her Name On Coca-cola Bottle / When Nigerian Dude Hear Angelina Jolie Is Coming Back To Africa To Adopt Babies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.