Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

My Journey Experiences To Ghana Part Two - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Journey Experiences To Ghana Part Two (2175 Views)

My Journey Experience To Ghana, Part 1 / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Journey Experiences To Ghana Part Two by dawndeal: 9:10am On May 20, 2021
Whatever i write here today is based on my observations and findings.
So much to talk about but I will try to be brief as possible
Now let's roll
Here are my unbiased observations

1.. Ghana is a very secured and peaceful country, yes very secured that you can even walk at 1am without being afraid of anything

2..There light is very stable, yes I only experience blackout once after about 3 weeks of my arrival here and it was restored in less than 24 hours. Is this not incredible? have not seen a generator or heard sound of a generator. If you open a generator shop here you might not make any sales in a year.Nobody will tell you to close shop

3.. They have a modest approach to life, as in very prudent and modest to the core . Most Ghanaians don't really have that get rich quick syndrome tendencies and appetite for bigger things. They make do with what they have. An average Ghanaian is contented that's why crimes here are very minimal.

4.. They seem to have a working system though not perfect yet but by far better than Nigeria. All thanks to their president who is well read and sound

5.. Ghana is highly industrialized, akin to how Nigeria was industrialized in the 80's and 90's

6.. Ghanaians respect their traffic regulations more than Nigerians.,this is a fact.
The height of it is when I was coming to Ghana,in one occasion,the road was empty and yet the driver had to wait for the green light.I trust Nigerians in situations like this.no time

Now here are my dislikes

1..If it's about nutritious and delicious food, forget about Ghana food. Was surprised a food vendor specifically told me she only see egusi soup on Tv when I asked her about it,they don't cook vegetable soup here o,no Eba, the common food here is Banku and okra ,rice ,wache. When it comes to good food,Ghana no near Nigeria one bit. Ghanaian women need to come to Nigeria to learn different food delicacies to cook for their husbands joor.

2..Many houses in Ghana don't have toilet and bathroom at all( shocking right). You have to pay for public toilets up and down and pay for bathing too . Ghana as a country has to really work on this,it's archaic

3.. Many Ghanaians hate Nigerians very much....I went further to ascertain why this level of hatred,some claimed Nigerians are bad people,some claim we are too smart,some say we are scammers and all that. I digged further and found out most hate is borne out of Jealousy ( a Ghanaian told me this, that Nigerians are very intelligent, smart, hard-working and succeed in business within a very short period,he further said he had learnt a lot from Nigerians). Although some hate is justified because some of our people here might have brought it upon themselves with their bad attitude .Some enlightened ones among the Ghanaians are nice and very friendly though unlike the locals. I have met very nice Ghanaians too

4.. I have been embarrassed on many occasions here because am a Nigerian . There are Ghanaians in Nigeria living and working freely without any discrimination. Ghanaians should stop the hate on Nigerians,we are all Africans,West Africans for that matter. We are like brothers and sisters . We should be our brothers keeper

Note: feel free to bring in your objectives to any observations and we will talk about it together and learn

Let me stop here for now.
God bless Nigeria, God bless Ghana, God bless West Africa

6 Likes

Re: My Journey Experiences To Ghana Part Two by piyoo91: 1:11pm On May 20, 2021
Snap pictures and show us
Re: My Journey Experiences To Ghana Part Two by dawndeal: 2:25pm On May 20, 2021
piyoo91:
Snap pictures and show us
Ok I will do that
Re: My Journey Experiences To Ghana Part Two by Biafranboys: 3:15pm On May 20, 2021
dawndeal:
Now let's roll

1.. Ghana is a very secured and peaceful country, yes very secured that you can even walk at 1am without being afraid of anything

2..There light is very stable, yes I only experience blackout once after about 3 weeks of my arrival here and it was restored in less than 24 hours. Is this not incredible? have not seen a generator or heard sound of a generator. If you open a generator shop here you might not make any sales in a year.Nobody will tell you to close shop

3.. They have a modest approach to life, as in very prudent and modest to the core . Most Ghanaians don't really have that get rich quick syndrome tendencies and appetite for bigger things. They make do with what they have. An average Ghanaian is contented that's why crimes here are very minimal.

4.. They seem to have a working system though not perfect yet but by far better than Nigeria. All thanks to their president who is well read and sound

5.. Ghana is highly industrialized, akin to how Nigeria was industrialized in the 80's and 90's

6.. Ghanaians respect their traffic regulations more than Nigerians.,this is a fact.
The height of it is when I was coming to Ghana,in one occasion,the road was empty and yet the driver had to wait for the green light.I trust Nigerians in situations like this.no time

Now here are my dislikes

1..If it's about nutritious and delicious food, forget about Ghana food. Was surprised a food vendor specifically told me she only see egusi soup on Tv when I asked her about it,they don't cook vegetable soup here o,no Eba, the common food here is Banku and okra ,rice ,wache. When it comes to good food,Ghana no near Nigeria one bit. Ghanaian women need to come to Nigeria to learn different food delicacies to cook for their husbands joor.

2..Many houses in Ghana don't have toilet and bathroom at all( shocking right). You have to pay for public toilets up and down and pay for bathing too . Ghana as a country has to really work on this,it's archaic

3.. Many Ghanaians hate Nigerians very much....I went further to ascertain why this level of hatred,some claimed Nigerians are bad people,some claim we are too smart,some say we are scammers and all that. I digged further and found out most hate is borne out of Jealousy ( a Ghanaian told me this, that Nigerians are very intelligent, smart, hard-working and succeed in business within a very short period,he further said he had learnt a lot from Nigerians). Although some hate is justified because some of our people here might have brought it upon themselves with their bad attitude .Some enlightened ones among the Ghanaians are nice and very friendly though unlike the locals. I have met very nice Ghanaians too

4.. I have been embarrassed on many occasions here because am a Nigerian . There are Ghanaians in Nigeria living and working freely without any discrimination. Ghanaians should stop the hate on Nigerians,we are all Africans,West Africans for that matter. We are like brothers and sisters . We should be our brothers keeper

Note: feel free to bring in your objectives to any observations and we will talk about it together and learn

Good atleast I was not mad when I wrote about the issue with ghana and jealousy for Nigerians and I have written more articles on this Ghana issue which I would be posting soon and remember Ghana deported Nigerians first in 1969 before Nigeria retaliated and we have 480,000 illegal Ghanaians or more living peaceful in Nigeria
Re: My Journey Experiences To Ghana Part Two by Johnk110: 3:16pm On May 20, 2021
I dey Ghana now for a week. The light situation is pretty nice sha but them still dey take light normal just that e nor dey pass a day before them bring back the light. The houses in Ghana are old fashion biko. I wonder how bus drivers make their money here when fuel price is almost 600 naira per liter and they still charge low for transportation

3 Likes

Re: My Journey Experiences To Ghana Part Two by Biafranboys: 3:22pm On May 20, 2021
Re: My Journey Experiences To Ghana Part Two by dawndeal: 3:57pm On May 20, 2021
Biafranboys:

Good atleast I was not mad when I wrote about the issue with ghana and jealousy for Nigerians and I have written more articles on this Ghana issue which I would be posting soon and remember Ghana deported Nigerians first in 1969 before Nigeria retaliated and we have 480,000 illegal Ghanaians or more living peaceful in Nigeria
I never see this kinda hatred , Sha I dey always school them to stop exhibiting such attitude. We don't discriminate against Ghanaians in Nigeria, I let know that always

1 Like

Re: My Journey Experiences To Ghana Part Two by dawndeal: 4:02pm On May 20, 2021
Johnk110:
I dey Ghana now for a week. The light situation is pretty nice sha but them still dey take light normal just that e nor dey pass a day before them bring back the light. The houses in Ghana are old fashion biko. I wonder how bus drivers make their money here when fuel price is almost 600 naira per liter and they still charge low for transportation
Re: My Journey Experiences To Ghana Part Two by dawndeal: 4:04pm On May 20, 2021
Johnk110:
same thing bro, it's even costlier if you actually compare to our currency
Re: My Journey Experiences To Ghana Part Two by Biafranboys: 4:57pm On May 20, 2021
dawndeal:

I never see this kinda hatred , Sha I dey always school them to stop exhibiting such attitude. We don't discriminate against Ghanaians in Nigeria, I let know that always

Worsw part they would say we are brothers all lies
Re: My Journey Experiences To Ghana Part Two by PetroDolla2020: 12:59pm On May 21, 2021
Stop talking rubbish! Ghanaians living “peacefully “ in Nigeria? Who gives a fvck? I once lived in Nigeria and saw how Ghanaians indeed lived “ peacefully “ in that country. Nigerians are always talking about how Ghanaians hate Nigerians. I am a Ghanaians and once lived in Nigeria. I saw real hatred. In fact I told most people in that place that I was from Liberia, not Ghana.

The day I moved back to Ghaba was the happiest day of my life. My children celebrated on the flight to Accra as if we won the World Cup.

Nigerians don’t even like each other. What kind of nonsense is that?

Biafranboys:

Re: My Journey Experiences To Ghana Part Two by Biafranboys: 1:01pm On May 21, 2021
PetroDolla2020:
Stop talking rubbish! Ghanaians living “peacefully “ in Nigeria? Who gives a fvck? I once lived in Nigeria and saw how Ghanaians indeed lived “ peacefully “ in that country. Nigerians are always talking about how Ghanaians hate Nigerians. I am a Ghanaians and once lived in Nigeria. I saw real hatred. In fact I told most people in that place that I was from Liberia, not Ghana.

The day I moved back to Ghaba was the happiest day of my life. My children celebrated on the flight to Accra as if we won the World Cup.

Just shut up you sound like a broken record and as I. Told you I am not done with Ghana yet

2 Likes

Re: My Journey Experiences To Ghana Part Two by dawndeal: 2:07pm On May 21, 2021
PetroDolla2020:

You are not sincere, I lived with many Ghanaians in Nigeria and never knew they are Ghanaians because in Nigeria, nobody gives a damn who you are , we no send. But the moment a Ghanaian know you are a Nigerian, they feel threatened immediately and change towards you
Yes we might not like each other as you claimed but it's on a different level

7 Likes

Re: My Journey Experiences To Ghana Part Two by PetroDolla2020: 2:41pm On May 21, 2021
What kind of rubbish is that? I am telling you my personal experience and you are telling me I am not sincere? Are you normal?

Nigerians are okay with you so long as you don’t make it obvious your are not nigerian, and a Ghanaian. The moment they are identify you as a Ghanaian everything changes. I lived in Nigeria and know what I am talking about. Don’t dare question my own story!

dawndeal:

You are not sincere, I lived with many Ghanaians in Nigeria and never knew they are Ghanaians because in Nigeria, nobody gives a damn who you are , we no send. But the moment a Ghanaian know you are a Nigerian, they feel threatened immediately and change towards you
Yes we might not like each other as you claimed but it's on a different level
Re: My Journey Experiences To Ghana Part Two by PetroDolla2020: 2:45pm On May 21, 2021
You think I give a fvck about foools like you? I live in my country and have nothing to do with that shambolic shiithole.
I advise any Ghanaian living in that zoo to come back immediately. I won’t even allow my dog to live in that zoo.

Biafranboys:

Just shut up you sound like a broken record and as I. Told you I am not done with Ghana yet
Re: My Journey Experiences To Ghana Part Two by Biafranboys: 3:21pm On May 21, 2021
PetroDolla2020:

You think I give a fvck about foools like you? I live in my country and have nothing to do with that shambolic shiithole.
I advise any Ghanaian living in that zoo to come back immediately. I won’t even allow my dog to live in that zoo.

I am not on your level dude of course Nigeria is a zoo that is why we want to be free, I am a biafran not a Nigerian
Re: My Journey Experiences To Ghana Part Two by PetroDolla2020: 3:51pm On May 21, 2021
You story doesn’t make sense. Ghana has more food varieties than Nigeria. Second, you said Ghanaians see Nigerians as smart, intelligent,hard working bla bla. Look at Nigeria, does it look like a country of intelligent, hardworking people? Fuckeduppedness cool

By the way, where are you in Accra? I bet you are in some remote suburb, like Kasoa where most Nigerians live. How can you tell me its only banku and okra stew that Ghanaians eat? This is ridiculous.

dawndeal:
Now let's roll

1.. Ghana is a very secured and peaceful country, yes very secured that you7 can even walk at 1am without being afraid of anything

Now here are my dislikes

2 Likes

Re: My Journey Experiences To Ghana Part Two by heniford2: 4:07pm On May 21, 2021
PetroDolla2020:

and your in Nigeria trend angry grin grin nobody done curse or abuse you waka
Re: My Journey Experiences To Ghana Part Two by dawndeal: 4:32pm On May 21, 2021
PetroDolla2020:
You story doesn’t make sense. Ghana has more food varieties than Nigeria. Second, you said Ghanaians see Nigerians as smart, intelligent,hard working bla bla. Look at Nigeria, does it look like a country of intelligent, hardworking people? Fuckeduppedness cool

Lol why are you sounding pained? You didn't flare up or reacted to the positive comments I wrote about Ghana because it goes down well with you abi. Nigeria is a country of intelligent people whether you like it or not, that's a fact. Yes Nigeria is currently undergoing challenges and we will surmount it in no time. Now going back to the varieties of food you said Ghana have more than Nigeria, I also have that thought before I came here but I was disappointed. Did you actually stay in Nigeria as you claimed because if you do you will see the difference in our food. Btw which state did you stay in Nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: My Journey Experiences To Ghana Part Two by dawndeal: 4:39pm On May 21, 2021
PetroDolla2020:

By the way, where are you in Accra? I bet you are in some remote suburb, like Kasoa where most Nigerians live. How can you tell me its only banku and okra stew that Ghanaians eat? This is ridiculous.

I don't know kasoa, am in Tema, very close to Accra. Mind you I never said Ghanaians eat only Okra and Banku . I said the most common food is white beans and red oil mixed with garri, wache, Banku and watery okra soup.Have you eaten egusi , oha , Nigerian okra soup, Vegetable soup. etc before?

2 Likes

Re: My Journey Experiences To Ghana Part Two by Nicoswit(m): 5:44pm On May 21, 2021
Yea
Re: My Journey Experiences To Ghana Part Two by Nicoswit(m): 3:38pm On May 22, 2021
PetroDolla2020:

Which state did you stay?
Re: My Journey Experiences To Ghana Part Two by dawndeal: 4:55pm On May 22, 2021
Nicoswit:

Which state did you stay?
That guy don run oooo, he couldn't defend his lies
Re: My Journey Experiences To Ghana Part Two by Nicoswit(m): 4:57pm On May 22, 2021
dawndeal:

That guy don run oooo, he couldn't defend his lies
grin
Re: My Journey Experiences To Ghana Part Two by mdntiri(m): 7:24pm On May 23, 2021
I'm Ghanaian. Nigeria would have more food varieties than Ghana. It's bigger, more ethnically diverse etc. You guys have beef powder, I've never seen that here. You came to Ghana, a completely different "foreign" country expecting to see your Nigerian eba etc? We don't respect eba, amala here like that. Ours is banku, Kenkey etc.

We've very delicious, nutritious meals. Some are an acquired taste, like the fermented banku, Kenkey etc. Lots too have to be prepared well to be enjoyed, or have a style to eating them. Foods like fufu, banku you swallow you don't chew. You need a local to help you appreciate them

With vegetables, leafy vegetables our people in our northern parts patronize them more. Get a good local to take you to some "chop bars" in Accra for proper Ghanaian cuisine.

Our chop bars/street sellers only sell the most popular foods, like fufu, banku with palmnut soup/groundnut soup, waakye, jollof etc.

quote author=dawndeal post=101924779]
Lol why are you sounding pained? You didn't flare up or reacted to the positive comments I wrote about Ghana because it goes down well with you abi. Nigeria is a country of intelligent people whether you like it or not, that's a fact. Yes Nigeria is currently undergoing challenges and we will surmount it in no time. Now going back to the varieties of food you said Ghana have more than Nigeria, I also have that thought before I came here but I was disappointed. Did you actually stay in Nigeria as you claimed because if you do you will see the difference in our food. Btw which state did you stay in Nigeria? [/quote]

4 Likes

Re: My Journey Experiences To Ghana Part Two by dawndeal: 9:58pm On May 23, 2021
The poster above me, thanks for the analysis and thanks for being rationale. You are one of the good Ghanaians out there. I hope to try some of your cuisines maybe I fit change my mind. I hope you don't exibit hatred towards Nigerians Sha
Btw you sound like someone who has stayed in Nigeria before
Re: My Journey Experiences To Ghana Part Two by mdntiri(m): 10:14am On May 24, 2021
I have family there, they live in Ghana now. Don't be too "sensitive" about the envy. People won't get physical with you.� We're becoming more cosmopolitan, people are coming into money, are becoming more exposed etc, so hopefully things'd impove

dawndeal:
The poster above me, thanks for the analysis and thanks for being rationale. You are one of the good Ghanaians out there. I hope to try some of your cuisines maybe I fit change my mind. I hope you don't exibit hatred towards Nigerians Sha
Btw you sound like someone who has stayed in Nigeria before

4 Likes

Re: My Journey Experiences To Ghana Part Two by dawndeal: 1:07pm On May 24, 2021
mdntiri:
I have family there, they live in Ghana now. Don't be too "sensitive" about the envy. People won't get physical with you.� We're becoming more cosmopolitan, people are coming into money, are becoming more exposed etc, so hopefully things'd impove

I hope things improve, afterall we are like brothers and sisters,.....God bless you.

1 Like

Re: My Journey Experiences To Ghana Part Two by Nobody: 12:05am On Jun 03, 2021
PetroDolla2020:

You are pained...

I lived in ghana for 18 years.. I have visited all your 10 regions... Take it man...

70% of Ghanaians do not like Nigerian.. They are not usually comfortable seeing a Nigerian...

For the record... Ghana doesnt have food oo.. Do not lie.. Is it the Banku/kenke and pepper, or kokonte and okra? Or your plastic/perfume rice?.. Or the koko you call porriage?.. Man... Truth be told.. Ghana is only good for hustlers.. Ghana is a land where only hustlers can survive, even locals find it hard to believe how nigerians take over d system...

Banking industry.. Nah we

Gtbank
Firstbank
Eco bank
sterling sterling Bank
Stanbic

Dangote cements... Even churches...

3 Likes

Re: My Journey Experiences To Ghana Part Two by PetroDolla2020: 3:21pm On Jun 03, 2021
Read the nonsense you wrote and tell whether it makes sense to you. cool

Ghana is good only for hustlers? Which makes you a hustler mudder fugger, right?
You lived for 18 years as a nigerian in a country that hates nigerians? So why didn’t you go back to your country if your host hated you?
And why should Ghanaians like nigerians? Do nigerians like Ghanaians?

Frankly, you speak like a mudder fugger with a very tiny brain. Nigerians have banks in Ghana? Do you know those bank make profit which they repatriate back to Nigeria to feed edi0ts like you and others? Ghanaians are putting food on the table of Nigerians back in Nigeria and yiu are here writing nonsense? grin Stanbic, ecobank are nigerian banks?
It’s this type of stvpid boasting that made South Africans to chase Nigerians from their country grin Ghana will be next to chase Nigerians from their country cool I can’t wait. grin Nigeria must go grin

Do you know the number of cement manufacturers in Ghana?

Nigerians are the only people on earth who live in foreign countries and still criticized their host country. How will you do well in a country that you continuously vilify? You don’t need a prophet to tell yiu that, right? grin

Havanatandt:

You are pained...

I lived in ghana for 18 years.. I have visited all your 10 regions... Take it man...

70% of Ghanaians do not like Nigerian.. They are not usually comfortable seeing a Nigerian...

For the record... Ghana doesnt have food oo.. Do not lie.. Is it the Banku/kenke and pepper, or kokonte and okra? Or your plastic/perfume rice?.. Or the koko you call porriage?.. Man... Truth be told.. Ghana is only good for hustlers.. Ghana is a land where only hustlers can survive, even locals find it hard to believe how nigerians take over d system...

Gtbank
Firstbank
Eco bank
sterling sterling Bank
Stanbic

Re: My Journey Experiences To Ghana Part Two by dawndeal: 8:06am On Jun 04, 2021
Havanatandt:

You are pained...

Gtbank
Firstbank
Eco bank
sterling sterling Bank
Stanbic

It's terrible o bro, do you know that as a Nigerian you can't open a retail business here , only wholesale is allowed by Nigerians and you must pay 1 million dollar to be licensed to this. Isn't this ridiculous

1 Like

Re: My Journey Experiences To Ghana Part Two by dawndeal: 8:11am On Jun 04, 2021
PetroDolla2020:
Read the nonsense you wrote and tell whether it makes sense to you. cool

Ghana is good only for hustlers? Which makes you a hustler mudder fugger, right?
You lived for 18 years as a nigerian in a country that hates nigerians? So why didn’t you go back to your country if your host hated you?
And why should Ghanaians like nigerians? Do nigerians like Ghanaians?

Frankly, you speak like a mudder fugger with a very tiny brain. Nigerians have banks in Ghana? Do you know those bank make profit which they repatriate back to Nigeria to feed edi0ts like you and others? Ghanaians are putting food on the table of Nigerians back in Nigeria and yiu are here writing nonsense? grin Stanbic, ecobank are nigerian banks?
It’s this type of stvpid boasting that made South Africans to chase Nigerians from their country grin Ghana will be next to chase Nigerians from their country cool I can’t wait. grin Nigeria must go grin

Do you know the number of cement manufacturers in Ghana?

Nigerians are the only people on earth who live in foreign countries and still criticized their host country. How will you do well in a country that you continuously vilify? You don’t need a prophet to tell yiu that, right? grin

If I haven't come here, wouldn't know Nigeria is really a Giant of African nations. Our only problem is our leaders which is peculiar to Ghana too

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Welcome To Abidjan, Ivory Coast - Vid / Need To Rent A Room For One Month In Hatfield, Hertfordshire / Nigeria 2nd On The List With Highest Numbers Of Criminals Living In UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.