Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,983 members, 7,817,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

What Salt Did To My Body(pics) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Salt Did To My Body(pics) (5159 Views)

See What Fixing Of Nails Did To Me, Never Will I Fix Nails In This Life Again / One Thing I Did To Clear My Severe Pimples( Pics& Video) / 6 Side Effects Of Eating Too Much Salt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Salt Did To My Body(pics) by MediMedi(m): 12:59pm On May 20, 2021
Preparing for tomorrow exams, I woked up to strange stomach pain under my lower abdomen. I actually ate eba late Yester-Night
Once it start, I will just curl myself like snake
I could'nt read, I managed to get some drug I took it and slept only to wake up in pool of my pool/disgusting/ what I never experience.

I took tea, e no work the pain is still down there.
A mind just came I should use salt with cold H2O, I took it now I can stand uprightly.

Have salt, sprite, water work for you before??

3 Likes

Re: What Salt Did To My Body(pics) by Nobody: 1:05pm On May 20, 2021
Your grammar sha

3 Likes

Re: What Salt Did To My Body(pics) by lilvicky68(m): 1:09pm On May 20, 2021
Where is the body.. why not write water instead of h2O..you want show us say you finish sec school??

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Salt Did To My Body(pics) by Boomboost(m): 1:15pm On May 20, 2021
You go write the tomorrow exam with this Engrish? Pray say your lecturer no go de grammatically critical.

You lick the salt, sip Sprite and drink water. Is that it?

Cos salt, sprite and water seems like a taste-waste combination.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Salt Did To My Body(pics) by stupidmod3: 1:26pm On May 20, 2021
cheesy cheesy grin the person marking ur paper go laugh tire.

3 Likes

Re: What Salt Did To My Body(pics) by SOZINN: 2:34pm On May 20, 2021
I'm sorry about what happened to you yesterday.
Salt and water works. A blend of salt and water can decontaminate your colon, keep you dehydrated, detox your body and can be used to treat constipation.
Thank God you are feeling better.

6 Likes

Re: What Salt Did To My Body(pics) by Lamasta(m): 3:21pm On May 20, 2021
MediMedi:
Preparing for tomorrow exams, I woked up to strange stomach pain under my lower abdomen. I actually ate eba late Yester-Night
I could'nt read, I managed to get some drug I took it and slept only to wake up in pool of my pool/disgusting/ what I never experience.

A mind just came I should use salt with cold H2O, I took it now I can stand uprightly.

Issorite grin

3 Likes

Re: What Salt Did To My Body(pics) by WoundedLamb: 3:42pm On May 20, 2021
For science students who don't have time to read long texts, the OP took Sodium Hydroxide (caustic soda) and Hydrochloric Acid to cure stomach pains. Here is the summary:

NaCl + H20 ==> NaOH + H+Cl

For those asking:
The above reaction is not spontaneous. Naturally, NaCl and H20 combines to form an NaCL solution. The solution can then be forcefully split into NaOH + H + Cl via electrolysis. Notice the plus added between H and Cl; they are two different gases formed during electrolysis (not Hydrochloric Acid HCl(aq)). I believe this clarifies it all.

Spontaneous:
NaCl(s) + H20(aq) ==> NaCl(aq) (Na+ + Cl−)

Then electrolysis:
NaCl(aq) ==> NaOH + H + Cl.

5 Likes

Re: What Salt Did To My Body(pics) by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 4:32pm On May 20, 2021
SOZINN:
I'm sorry about what happened to you yesterday.
Salt and water works. A blend of salt and water can decontaminate your colon, keep you dehydrated, detox your body and can be used to treat constipation.
Thank God you are feeling better.
This is how sensible people should comment on forums.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Salt Did To My Body(pics) by Patrioticbreed9(m): 5:40pm On May 20, 2021
MediMedi:
Preparing for exams tomorrow. I woked up to due to a pain in my lower abdomen.I ate eba last night.
anytime the pain start's, I usualy curl myself like a snake.
I couldn't read at all,I managed to get some medication and i slept off only to wake up in pool of my puke,It was my firt time experiencing such.

I took tea but the pain still persisted.
suddenly It ocured to me that i should try the salt and cold water(H2O) solution,wich i did and it worked.

Have the salt, sprite, water solution worked for you before??
corrected.. undecided

1 Like

Re: What Salt Did To My Body(pics) by The5DME(m): 5:42pm On May 20, 2021
Werey OP.
Re: What Salt Did To My Body(pics) by Oduok(m): 7:01pm On May 20, 2021
WoundedLamb:
For science students who don't have time to read long texts, the OP took Sodium Hydroxide (caustic soda) and Hydrochloric Acid to cure stomach pains. Here is the summary:

NaCl + H20 ==> NaOH + HCl

I doubt. Salt plus Water just give a a mixture. I don't think they react to give those products.
Re: What Salt Did To My Body(pics) by AngelicDamsel(f): 7:12pm On May 20, 2021
I miss GrammarNazi.
Re: What Salt Did To My Body(pics) by WoundedLamb: 7:50pm On May 20, 2021
Oduok:

I doubt. Salt plus Water just give a a mixture. I don't think they react to give those products.

Hhmm... Interesting.

What actually happens when salt is dissolved in water is that the water molecules force the Sodium and the the Chloride apart and surround each of those (depending on the charges) and thereby forming a homogenous solution. This breakup implies that the solution isn't a mixture. In other words, the process involves a chemical change (the reactants are different from the products).

However, going from this explanation, you may be correct about the initial products formed. Theoretically, the equation I wrote is correct. But does water actually break up as well? Perhaps not (except when forced). Water has a stronger covalent bond (than the ionic bond of salt), therefore, only the salt is broken down (as explained in the paragraph above). The water remains acqua and surrounds the Sodium of the Chloride (again depending on the charges).

In summary, this is more likely to be the natural result of mixing salt and water:

NaCl ==> Na+ + Cl−

But like I said, the solution can still be forcefully be separated into NaOH + H+CL using direct current (electrolysis) thus resulting in the first equation.

Please, feel free to point out any erroneous assumptions. I'm not an authority in chemistry.

Gmajor:

Hmmmm
So you add table salt to water and then it forms an acid and a base.
Nawa oh

See the details above. The final products are distinct gases (not Hydrochloric Acid HCl(aq)).
Re: What Salt Did To My Body(pics) by CelebCircle: 8:28pm On May 20, 2021
Wow!! Lyta's Baby Mama Leaks Their Secret Out Of Anger

Watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RNTeDYkrcs
Re: What Salt Did To My Body(pics) by Gmajor(m): 8:49pm On May 20, 2021
WoundedLamb:

Hmmmm
So you add table salt to water and then it forms an acid and a base.
Nawa oh
Re: What Salt Did To My Body(pics) by ForestHill: 6:07am On May 21, 2021
MediMedi:

Electrolyte imbalance
Re: What Salt Did To My Body(pics) by femi4: 6:08am On May 21, 2021
WoundedLamb:

Olodo

It's not a reversible reaction. A mixture of salt n water cannot give you acid and base
Re: What Salt Did To My Body(pics) by WoundedLamb: 6:18am On May 21, 2021
femi4:
Olodo

It's not a reversible reaction. A mixture of salt n water cannot give you acid and base

The equation is correct, sir. Just not spontaneously but via electrolysis.

Updated: there's a plus sign between the Hydrogen and Chlorine which was omitted in error (I believe this is the reason I'm called an olodo for making attempts). They are distinct gases not Hydrogen Chloride, the acid. And like I said, that's a correct equation when electrolysis is involved.

And learn to disagree without insulting people.
Re: What Salt Did To My Body(pics) by femi4: 6:28am On May 21, 2021
WoundedLamb:

It can sir. Just not spontaneously but via electrolysis.

Re: What Salt Did To My Body(pics) by Oduok(m): 6:36am On May 21, 2021
WoundedLamb:

Hhmm... Interesting.

What actually happens when salt is dissolved in water is that the water molecules force the Sodium and the the Chloride apart and surround each of those (depending on the charges) and thereby forming a homogenous solution. This breakup implies that the solution isn't a mixture. In other words, the process involves a chemical change (the reactants are different from the products).

However, going from this explanation, you may be correct about the initial products formed. Theoretically, the equation I wrote is correct. But does water actually break up as well? Perhaps not (except when forced). Water has a stronger covalent bond (than the ionic bond of salt), therefore, only the salt is broken down (as explained in the paragraph above). The water remains acqua and surrounds the Sodium of the Chloride (again depending on the charges).

In summary, this is more likely to be the natural result of mixing salt and water:

NaCl ==> Na+ + Cl−

But like I said, the solution can still be forcefully be separated into NaOH + HCL using direct current (electrolysis) thus resulting in the first equation.

Please, feel free to point out any erroneous assumptions. I'm not an authority in chemistry.

See details above.
I love your analysis. The ions can be forcefully dissociated and recombined during electrolysis - not in ordinary dissolution. That is why a mixture of the salt and water can easily be separation by evaporation showing that the process was just a physical change rather than chemical. What's your discipline?

1 Like

Re: What Salt Did To My Body(pics) by WoundedLamb: 7:16am On May 21, 2021
Oduok:

I love your analysis. The ions can be forcefully dissociated and recombined during electrolysis - not in ordinary dissolution. That is why a mixture of the salt and water can easily be separation by evaporation showing that the process was just a physical change rather than chemical. What's your discipline?

Yes, not spontaneously (I should probably add that in my first post). I also believe the the forceful separation results NaOH + H + Cl (gaseous). I wonder why this is not violent seeing how violently Hydrogen reacts with Chlorine. Again, I wonder if Hydrogen and Chlorine can be photolyzed...

Lol... don't mind me, I've got this soft spot for Chemistry and I always try to figure out the reactions that could be taking place around me. You can't even begin to imagine the amount of mess I created in my mum's kitchen when I was in high school. Everyone thought I'd end up studying something related to the subject. But nope, I'm a software engineer today. And the only time my knowledge of Chemistry ever came handy at work was when we got a contract from a pharmatical company to implement a machine learning solution to facilitate clinical trials, and also when we built a production control system for a cosmetic manufacturer.

1 Like

Re: What Salt Did To My Body(pics) by WoundedLamb: 7:48am On May 21, 2021
[quote author=femi4 post=101905901][/quote]

Spontaneous:
NaCl(s) + H20(aq) ==> NaCl(aq) (Na+ + Cl−)

Then electrolysis:
NaCl(aq) ==> NaOH + H + Cl.
Re: What Salt Did To My Body(pics) by germaphobe(m): 7:41am On May 22, 2021
WoundedLamb:

The equation is correct, sir. Just not spontaneously but via electrolysis.

Updated: there's a plus sign between the Hydrogen and Chlorine which was omitted in error (I believe this is the reason I'm called an olodo for making attempts). They are distinct gases not Hydrogen Chloride, the acid. And like I said, that's a correct equation when electrolysis is involved.

I hate how i tend to enjoy comments and look forward to them. lol, cant you just go out of your ways and insult someone or be rude while replying without making much sense so that i can actually laugh out loud. good morning from here
Re: What Salt Did To My Body(pics) by WoundedLamb: 4:01pm On May 22, 2021
germaphobe:

I hate how i tend to enjoy comments and look forward to them. lol, cant you just go out of your ways and insult someone or be rude while replying without making much sense so that i can actually laugh out loud. good morning from here

Lol... Germaphobe, I feel stalked.

Just kidding! I'm always very concerned about clearly getting my message across to the second party (i.e. communicating), and I fear that being rude to the person might make them focus on the personal attack and not the message, and thereby making my message to get lost in transit. Besides, disagreeing with someone on certain topics doesn't make them a bad person or an enemy. We could agree on other subjects and I'd like to still be able to "shake hands" with them when we do.

Good morning sir!

1 Like

Re: What Salt Did To My Body(pics) by imagrg(m): 6:55pm On May 22, 2021
Chemistry students would enjoy this lecture. But I am only curious about the cure as explained above.
I think the intake of too much salt can wreck another havoc on the human system.
What do you think?

(1) (Reply)

Please How To Get Ginseng In Kwara State / Women: 5 Things That You Are Doing Thats Making Your Breast To Sag / Monolaurin capsules Kills Staphylococcus Bacteria Completely Without Reoccurring

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.