Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,806 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

2023: Supporting Tinubu For Presidency, Mere Waste Of Time – Ebenezer Babatope - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Supporting Tinubu For Presidency, Mere Waste Of Time – Ebenezer Babatope (19884 Views)

Ebenezer Babatope: I Asked Jonathan Not To Hand Over To Buhari In 2015 / Ebenezer Babatope: Trump Impeachment, Lesson To Leaders That Power Is Transient / Ebenezer Babatope: Jonathan Will Regret Working For APC's Victory In Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Supporting Tinubu For Presidency, Mere Waste Of Time – Ebenezer Babatope by bolaayenimo: 8:26pm On May 20, 2021
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Chief Ebenezer Babatope, a former Minister of Transport on Thursday said he cannot support the presidential aspiration of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, former Lagos state governor in the 2023 general elections as doing so will amount to waste of time.

Speaking in a chat with Daily Independent, Babatope, a chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) said as a Yoruba man, he will rather support Igbos or Fulanis for the presidency than back Tinubu as they don’t belong to the same political party.

He said “To me, supporting Tinubu for presidency in 2023 is mere waste of time. I am not a member of APC , so why should I support him? I am a fanatical member of PDP while Tinubu belongs to APC and so, he has every right to canvass for presidency under his party”.

“If I say I want to go and support Tinubu for presidency on what basis? He is a Yoruba man like myself but we don’t belong to the same party. There are Igbos, Fulanis and others who belong to my party and who may have interest in the presidency. If they indicate interest in contesting for the presidency, I must give consideration to their feelings”.
“Supporting them will be better than for me to say I am supporting Tinubu because he is a Yoruba man. No, I won’t support him because that will not be fair”.

On plans by the PDP to throw the presidential ticket open instead of zoning, Babatope said while he strongly believes that the South-East deserves the ticket as it has not produced the presidency since 1999, any action taken by the PDP leadership to return the power in 2023 is welcomed by him.

“If by throwing the presidential ticket open, the party wants to look for justice and fairplay, that’s fair enough. The reality is that the Igbos have not had a fair share of the presidency since 1999”.

“I would have supported the Igbos but again, we have been locked out of power and I want the PDP back in power. Also, many Nigerians want PDP back in power because they believe that they will do better than the APC”.
https://independent.ng/2023-supporting-tinubu-for-presidency-mere-waste-of-time-babatope/

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Supporting Tinubu For Presidency, Mere Waste Of Time – Ebenezer Babatope by joyairemiya: 8:29pm On May 20, 2021
Mere waste of vote

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Supporting Tinubu For Presidency, Mere Waste Of Time – Ebenezer Babatope by OmoOgunOriginal(f): 8:35pm On May 20, 2021
Lool. The old man is not wrong. Why should he support someone else from another party based on ethnicity?

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Supporting Tinubu For Presidency, Mere Waste Of Time – Ebenezer Babatope by Dovegrey: 8:43pm On May 20, 2021
Drug bullivan now angry

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Supporting Tinubu For Presidency, Mere Waste Of Time – Ebenezer Babatope by LegendHero(m): 8:44pm On May 20, 2021
“If I say I want to go and support Tinubu for presidency on what basis? He is a Yoruba man like myself but we don’t belong to the same party.

Fair enough since you don’t belong to the same party.

However, there are other millions that will support him if he is on the ballot so no cause for alarm.

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023: Supporting Tinubu For Presidency, Mere Waste Of Time – Ebenezer Babatope by moriss33(m): 8:46pm On May 20, 2021
Whatever...na u sabi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Supporting Tinubu For Presidency, Mere Waste Of Time – Ebenezer Babatope by KingOKON: 8:51pm On May 20, 2021
joyairemiya:
Mere waste of vote

We know 2023 is Kirikiri prison appointment time for Tinubu

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Supporting Tinubu For Presidency, Mere Waste Of Time – Ebenezer Babatope by NorthernAgender: 8:53pm On May 20, 2021
Any southern come to 19 northern state in 2023 will have himself to blame, Tinubu should continue to fooling around.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Supporting Tinubu For Presidency, Mere Waste Of Time – Ebenezer Babatope by Charmingrascal(m): 8:56pm On May 20, 2021
Sensible Yorubas like myself know that already.
It's only Yorubas who are intellectually dull that think otherwise.

Tinubu has some cretins here on NL too.

Tinubu's Presidency?
Kamari ni Paul wi ( Apostle Paul says "God forbid"wink

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Supporting Tinubu For Presidency, Mere Waste Of Time – Ebenezer Babatope by adekolaelect(m): 9:08pm On May 20, 2021
Dovegrey:
Drug bullivan now angry
children of 8 can only masturbate on Tinubu mater which can never yield any happiness result for them when the political Games start but left their poeple in your region on the hand of Terrorist Kanu to embrace the untimely death from the Nigeria security force as a result of their stupidities which you poeple are celebrating.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Supporting Tinubu For Presidency, Mere Waste Of Time – Ebenezer Babatope by joyairemiya: 9:09pm On May 20, 2021
i thought they said new EFCC chairman wants to probe him. what's delaying him
KingOKON:

We know 2023 is Kirikiri prison appointment time for Tinubu

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Supporting Tinubu For Presidency, Mere Waste Of Time – Ebenezer Babatope by Grace001: 9:29pm On May 20, 2021
Mmmm
Re: 2023: Supporting Tinubu For Presidency, Mere Waste Of Time – Ebenezer Babatope by buckeyemedia: 11:17pm On May 20, 2021
LegendHero:

Fair enough since you don’t belong to the same party.

However, there are other millions that will support him if he is on the ballot so no cause for alarm.
Waste of votes, Abuja is not Alausa.

8 Likes

Re: 2023: Supporting Tinubu For Presidency, Mere Waste Of Time – Ebenezer Babatope by buckeyemedia: 11:22pm On May 20, 2021
joyairemiya:
i thought they said new EFCC chairman wants to probe him. what's delaying him
Probe what, did Lagos State complain any money was missing? Or you think Efcc will waste their time chasing all that I hearsay Alfa Beta story?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Supporting Tinubu For Presidency, Mere Waste Of Time – Ebenezer Babatope by Yobabad: 11:28pm On May 20, 2021
Is a total waste of time, and resources
Re: 2023: Supporting Tinubu For Presidency, Mere Waste Of Time – Ebenezer Babatope by slivertongue: 1:47am On May 21, 2021
tinubu didn't tell anyone he is contesting

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Supporting Tinubu For Presidency, Mere Waste Of Time – Ebenezer Babatope by Hotshisha: 3:29am On May 21, 2021
Did he ask for your inconsequential support

We know babatope a PDP chieftain supports Fulani Atiku, and no crime in that

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Supporting Tinubu For Presidency, Mere Waste Of Time – Ebenezer Babatope by chukwuibuipob: 3:54am On May 21, 2021
sad
Re: 2023: Supporting Tinubu For Presidency, Mere Waste Of Time – Ebenezer Babatope by EricSmallz(m): 3:55am On May 21, 2021
Left for me, non of these miscreants deserves my vote. I hate them all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Supporting Tinubu For Presidency, Mere Waste Of Time – Ebenezer Babatope by simple250: 4:03am On May 21, 2021
Only if we still have 1nigeria anyway till then...
Re: 2023: Supporting Tinubu For Presidency, Mere Waste Of Time – Ebenezer Babatope by makemoneywbsite: 4:05am On May 21, 2021
Only a compound fool like the zonbeees want Tinubu as president of a dying contraption. Even the Fulani would rather make one of their cows the next president knowing how stupidity is norm here than the bullion van baron.

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Supporting Tinubu For Presidency, Mere Waste Of Time – Ebenezer Babatope by makemoneywbsite: 4:05am On May 21, 2021
True talk. Just like prayer for the dead. In fact, the dying Nigeria needs another dead to kill it off with thievery. After all, this is the only country where the dead still steal money and vomit. Dead people everywhere. Dead country for dead people.
Re: 2023: Supporting Tinubu For Presidency, Mere Waste Of Time – Ebenezer Babatope by patriotic007: 4:07am On May 21, 2021
If Dem greese your hand with money now matter go change

1 Like

Re: 2023: Supporting Tinubu For Presidency, Mere Waste Of Time – Ebenezer Babatope by makemoneywbsite: 4:12am On May 21, 2021
buckeyemedia:
Probe what, did Lagos State complain any money was missing? Or you think Efcc will waste their time chasing all that I hearsay Alfa Beta story?

Any day you write something sensible, you'll be rewarded and delivered from your 30k/ month BMC suffering. In fact, this is for all of you zonbees

9 Likes

Re: 2023: Supporting Tinubu For Presidency, Mere Waste Of Time – Ebenezer Babatope by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:15am On May 21, 2021
#STARBOY and Zulum cool

Truer words have never been spoken.

Come 2023 Insha Allah,
By Gods able Grace.

STARBOY all da way......

Osinbajo, The great Man

God bless our amiable Vice president Prof Yemi Osinbajo.
God bless Nigeria.

Our own @[/b] be say : [b]STARBOY and ZULUM all da Way.

Come 2023 BGG,
STARBOY and ZULUM we dey for una.
Whether the evil ones like it or not,
Nigeria will succeed.

Serveyouright:

The best for the job so far. If only greedy men in politics will allow this combo to fly.
We sane, good, honest and hardworking Nigerians will do all in our power to make this Combo work.
That is why we all must come together.

Nigeria will be great again in our lifetime

iHart:
I love this man
We Love him too.
Only fraudsters, criminals, thieves and losers in life don't like him obviously cool.
The same nuisances that do not like sane, good and honest members here.
Two time losers.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Supporting Tinubu For Presidency, Mere Waste Of Time – Ebenezer Babatope by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:15am On May 21, 2021
And in all these,
JAGABAN of the world, The King maker himself hasn't said anything about coming out to contest in any election.
The last time he held any political post was over 15 years ago.

All these Jagaban's thread is juts to cause headaches for the children of hate, frustrations and perdition.
This is only out to 'spoil and mess up their weekend.

uptimum123:
It's either you are for Tinubu or against... A man with great charisma... you will surely love him
Hmmmmmm, this is deep!

Dem no like Tinubu, Dem no like Tinubu, but a single day will never pass without you seeing them coming to Lagos State with polythene bags from their villages all across the nation.
Awon werey 100%.

Some people have been in pains, tears, sorrow since the past one month..... all just because it is Jagaban's birthday. tongue

#TeamSTARBOYbtw

9 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2023: Supporting Tinubu For Presidency, Mere Waste Of Time – Ebenezer Babatope by IgweOfNnewi: 4:18am On May 21, 2021
ok
Re: 2023: Supporting Tinubu For Presidency, Mere Waste Of Time – Ebenezer Babatope by onuman: 4:20am On May 21, 2021
bolaayenimo:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

https://independent.ng/2023-supporting-tinubu-for-presidency-mere-waste-of-time-babatope/

Good talk, but Nigeria’s skewed political structure necessitated zoning of the Presidency between the north and south regions of Nigeria.
That necessitated our ceding of the presidential tickets of the two largest political parties to the Yoruba in 1999 to ensure that the presidency went to the southwest.
For the sake of justice, equity and common sense, the APC and the PDP need to cede the presidential tickets of the two parties to the southeast Igbo.
Throwing open the contest for presidential ticket of any of the two political parties for the 2023 presidential election is most likely to end up with northern region retaining the presidency in 2023 due to the skewed political structure of Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ahmed Lawal: Nigeria’s Corporate Existence Under Threat / LASG Seals Quilox, Warns Sol, The Good And Landmark Beaches Over Safety Infracti / 5 Impersonators Of Salisu Buhari, Buhari’s First Son Denied Bail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.