Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,408 members, 7,954,622 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:06 AM

Nigerians To Pay N234 Billion Taxes Monthly With Petrol At N385 Per Litre - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians To Pay N234 Billion Taxes Monthly With Petrol At N385 Per Litre (33483 Views)

Reconsider Position On N385 Pump Price, Senator Gershom Bassey Warns Govs / Shiite Muslims Arrested With Petrol Bombs, Hard Drugs. Photos / BREAKING: Senate Approves N234.51bn For INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians To Pay N234 Billion Taxes Monthly With Petrol At N385 Per Litre by DedeNkem: 10:43pm On May 21, 2021
Buhari's incompetence is destroying this country.
Re: Nigerians To Pay N234 Billion Taxes Monthly With Petrol At N385 Per Litre by Cnach: 8:05am On May 22, 2021
Nigerians will pay five hundred naira for a litre before buhari leaves office

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay N234 Billion Taxes Monthly With Petrol At N385 Per Litre by Nobody: 8:25am On May 22, 2021
Empty, valueless and inflation infested Currency grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Who cares
Re: Nigerians To Pay N234 Billion Taxes Monthly With Petrol At N385 Per Litre by Cnach: 8:35am On May 22, 2021
tauceti23:
In 2012, Nigerians were told that subsidy has to go. Nigerians protested, rioted, and the subsidy was brought back under a different name.

Now, we are at the point where we have no choice because

1.We are losing billions to smuggling of cheap fuel

2.We have virtually limited investment in new refienreis because no one is going to come and build refinereis with price controls so low

3.We are running out of spare cash to keep fuel prices low. Oil is not as high as it used to be

4.We don't have a high tax to gdp ratio to pay for subsidies

So, inasmuch as I don't like APC, and think they have failed...it is time we said goodbye to subsidy.

Or we keep on taking loans and more loans to make up for the money lost for paying subsides.

And look, we can remove Buhari tomorrow.,....we can bring back GEJ, we can split the country, we can do whatever...but it still does not change the fact that we cannot keep on subsidisng fuel, or lying to ourselves by partially removing subsidy and bringing it back when prices rise.

All our neighbours, including the oil producers pay higher

Time we faced reality.

P.S If you abuse me, I report you to the mods. And any questions will be met with the response: Go and read about subsidy and why it is bad...and also 'How should we fund a subsidy'. I have supported subsidy removal since 2012. And I think it is high time we woke up to the fact.

Again any abuse will be reported to the mods.

PS.2 By abuse, I do not mean that you cannot disagree with me...but please do so politely. But any name calling, or personal insults without addresing the facts would be reported. Thank you

Ur brain is not good for governance
Ur type are people I can hold down for years diverting their funds and telling them story while they sing for me. A Nigerian based in Nigeria would just b saying rubbish as if he is in Europe reading Nigeria gossips. Buhari evil no dey vesi me pass Nigerians that are very senseless, most especial a male child thinking like an illiterate market woman. Rubbish
Re: Nigerians To Pay N234 Billion Taxes Monthly With Petrol At N385 Per Litre by Nobody: 8:37am On May 22, 2021
Cnach:

Ur brain is not good for governance
Ur type are people I can hold down for years diverting their funds and telling them story while they sing for me. A Nigerian based in Nigeria would just b saying rubbish as if he is in Europe reading Nigeria gossips. Buhari evil no dey vesi me pass Nigerians that are very senseless, most especial a male child thinking like an illiterate market woman. Rubbish

Okay, I guess you are saying we should continue to get into debt subsidsing fuel.

Till the money runs out and there is no money to subsidze fuel anymore....

Thanks, and good morning
Re: Nigerians To Pay N234 Billion Taxes Monthly With Petrol At N385 Per Litre by Brandler: 7:03pm On May 24, 2021
Blog
Corporate Website
Online store

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Announces Recovery Of N3.4 Trillion In One Year / Youth Alliance for Change Berates Remi Tinubu / Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.