Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,903 members, 7,810,470 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates - Family (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates (67458 Views)

I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) / My Wife Slapped Me & I Beat Her But She Refused To Go To Father's House / Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by DaCharis2016: 11:55pm On May 21, 2021
MrCuteAndLoaded:

Really? bloody feminist! Im sure you can come here and type rubbish but behind the scene dey bend down dey lick your mans lollypop and still get slapped for no licking it properly. You can go and ask your own man to wash your dishes now...idiot!
I know that most of you here criticising my point are not married nor spearheading a family. You don't have the needed family experience to dabble into this topic. If you don't take advantage of this information tech to unlearn somethings about yourselves, you will have so much of such issues to deal with later on in life.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Jeon(f): 12:16am On May 22, 2021
yassjib:
You are a fool for telling your husband to wash plate in your restaurant just because he soea not have a job.. Instead of you discussing it with him at home. I swear if I am your husband I will do more than that slap. That's how you women will gradually turn you husband to a ALIVE... Its very bad of you

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by hawpeyemi: 12:17am On May 22, 2021
Maybe the way you talk to him leads to that.
Because I smell arrogance in your mood of speaking
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Ndipe(m): 12:26am On May 22, 2021
If the woman is cooking and serving the customers, then the husband should chip in to assist her . . . be it washing of dishes. It's called Division of Labor.

Hardgun:
That's very bad telling your husband to wash plate

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by NoToPile: 12:32am On May 22, 2021
obimag:
if he travels to US he might end up washing dishes in the a restaurant. However, it is all about pride and lack of business IQ. Also a lot depends on your approach. There is absolutely nothing wrong for him to wash the dishes and even join you in transforming the business .

I dont know why I find the bolded amusing

Some men are actually praying for a family business they can run with their wife to feed the family, peeps are ranting about a man washing plate at a ( his wifes) restaurant? in this Bihari economy where peeps are looking for how to survive, the money she would even use to pay an assistant can be saved sef if hubby is there assisting.

I can't relate abeg.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Unike1(m): 12:32am On May 22, 2021
It's really sad your husband couldn't hide his ego but chose to embarrass you. Taking the narrative as it were, madam you did no wrong on the assumption that you politely asked him to do the dishes. I'm a man, married with a kid, I know when my wife needs help in the kitchen. I do the dishes while she's away, and she respectfully appreciates me. This is a business generatng income for the family and you had to let go of the service staff to reduce costs, so why shouldn't he help out? For those who might come and spew rubbish about what I do? I'm a professional banker with years of experience across several banks. This doesn't take the domestic part from me. I'm so sorry madam. I believe your husband isn't in the right frame of mind but he still shouldn't take out his frustration on you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by itzElijah(m): 12:39am On May 22, 2021
CalmElder:
It would have been better if you guys discussed about him helping out at the restaurant at home, intead of you taking him by surprise, in front of other people.
I once worked for a baker whose husband wasn't working, the kind of errands she used to send the man in front of everyone ehn, he will first look at people's eyes, in discomfort before shamefully carrying it out. The guy will become unnecessarily angry at his wife's workers at the slightest mistake, just to show that he's in charge.
Being broke around women, even your sisters, can be depressing.

Best reply I've seen so far

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by itzElijah(m): 12:44am On May 22, 2021
Margy:
The man is stupid!

I have seen husband and wife running a business together..and guess what ..it's booming.

Just in front of my yard.. a woman owns a retail shop..the husband stocked it up..the next thing I saw was the husband helping in the sales in the shop..the shop is growing

Another man helps his wife in the restaurant..she does the cooking and the man takes orders, serves the customers and helps out.where necessary...customers keep flowing san-san into the restaurant..

There's a program called restaurant impossible aired on food network.. I see a lot of husband and wife and children running their restaurants.

All I can say is that this man will die a wretched poor man..proud grasshopper with no shi-shi.. yeyee dey smell

Modified:
All of you quoting and abusing me..I cover myself with the blood of Jesus! All your abuses back to sender...

Is it bad if this man helps out? What happens to joining hands and see that nothing is lagging in the restaurant Only a proud man will feel insulted by what his wife said.. and proud people always ends up like grasshopper with no ten kobo..

It's like u saw the post on a broken lens , and the only thing you saw was he didn't help out in the dishes... It's not bad for the man to help , but shes the wife , she knows what's happening to him. As he came to restaurant , and as a respectful wife was she supposed to approach him in public..?! No matter how fast the customers were rushing her?

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by itzElijah(m): 12:48am On May 22, 2021
EaglesEyes1:
If you have that much customers where u can't be washing, u can at least afford a young boy or girl who can wash plates and serve for you. I have seen women who sell by the roadside with less customers, they all have a young girl helping them. Somepeople just hate to see someone doing nothing, they see them as lazy.
Because you are now the breadwinner, your husband now must work for you to have a right to get his daily meal from you. A wise wife knows how to make her husband do things for her without hurting his ego.
Woman stop asking if your actions are right or wrong, go to that friend's house and beg your husband so at least it will prove that you didn't mean any disrespect. Be a wise woman, foolish people will tell you that since your husband can't provide he is useless and you dont need him, if u like follow those foolish advices and not beg your husband, your choice. A wise wife hide the shame of her husband and prays positively for him. Be guilded.

An infinite round of applause here �

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by mkoabiola: 12:52am On May 22, 2021
She must have said it with pride and ego to warrant that hot slap....
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by ehay(f): 1:20am On May 22, 2021
Hardgun:
That's very bad telling your husband to wash plate

Oga dias nothing wrong with what she did. You want the woman to die of stress? I see lots of husbands help their wife's wash plates and serve customers in the womans restaurant.......what is wrong with some of you men? If he did not want to wash plates he could have taken over serving the customers, not slap the woman.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Edio1: 1:41am On May 22, 2021
Why is it that whenever a man lost his source of income wife will lose respect and love. I opened food vendor for you, just because I lost my business then make I come Dey wash plate for your restaurant abi ? Abeg madam you get witch mind..
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by bepositive11: 2:24am On May 22, 2021
Elporo:

Your confused! Are humble because you are poor? Yes, that is not true humility.. its cunning.

Look at the richest people in this world. They are humble. Look at the wealthy people around you, they are humble. I myself am successful. I used to be prideful but I've learned my lesson. Humility all the way. Success is not sustainable without humility.

Some successful people may be prideful to people lower than them, but that says a lot about their character. Still, they are humble towards people on their level or people who they feel matter to them.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by bepositive11: 2:28am On May 22, 2021
omonnakoda:
Life is about reality not idealism.

All humans are cowards. Under the right circumstances all humans will abuse power.

Armchair pontification is one of the easiest things to do .

In life there is a time to slap and a time to be slapped. There is a season for everything

Let us pray to survive our slaps

Not true! Not all humans are cowards like her husband. There are many who would protect the vulnerable. Cowards have psychological issues to deal with. For example, low self esteem.

In fact, one of the true tests of someone's character is how they react when they have power over others.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Ohizman73(m): 2:41am On May 22, 2021
love should be the basis of all marriage in the first place. what happened just shows there is no love in that marriage or rather fake love.that is the basis to which most nigerian marriages are built up. if the man really loves his wife he doesnt need to be told by her to assist her in the restaurant in the first place whether to wash plates or not.When he see that she is not finding it easy due to incurrent factors. when he has the chance to help out due to him being at home for the meantime. has he forgotten that he equally has the business in as much as he opened it for his wife. even though he did not open it for his wife. we Nigerian men are shallow minded is he now saying if he goes to his sisters restaurant to see her and he meets the same situation he would not assist her in every possible manner as long as he has the chance.Same with his mum,there is no age or level towards being humble. so knowing the condition of the business ,does he want his wife fagged out. that when she comes home she would be so tired. and when he wants to be intimate with her ,she would not be in the mood.And he would start crying foul.our thought and mentality is still very fallow. it is really unfourtunate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Samskid310(m): 3:04am On May 22, 2021
If you said it nicely,I would nicely say no I can't.
If you say it disrespectfully,I swear I go padlock everybody inside the shop carry key comot.
Daughter of Jezebel you can't embarrass me

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by duchmarley: 3:31am On May 22, 2021
Am sure that's not a hot slap if not, u no for see clear to dey type this rubbish.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by TomMary(f): 4:59am On May 22, 2021
BruncleZuma:
You don't have a husband (not diminishing the man's efforts), no real man assaults a woman over such issues.

may you live long and prosper
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by ImpactCrater: 5:37am On May 22, 2021
Ohizman73:
love should be the basis of all marriage in the first place. what happened just shows there is no love in that marriage or rather fake love.that is the basis to which most nigerian marriages are built up. if the man really loves his wife he doesnt need to be told by her to assist her in the restaurant in the first place whether to wash plates or not.When he see that she is not finding it easy due to incurrent factors. when he has the chance to help out due to him being at home for the meantime. has he forgotten that he equally has the business in as much as he opened it for his wife. even though he did not open it for his wife. we Nigerian men are shallow minded is he now saying if he goes to his sisters restaurant to see her and he meets the same situation he would not assist her in every possible manner as long as he has the chance.Same with his mum,there is no age or level towards being humble. so knowing the condition of the business ,does he want his wife fagged out. that when she comes home she would be so tired. and when he wants to be intimate with her ,she would not be in the mood.And he would start crying foul.our thought and mentality is still very fallow. it is really unfourtunate.
says an unmarried, mummy fed, deluded young man...
when you grow up, you will know the truth but for now, I know you will type many things in defense of your well intentioned crap.
well, I wish you all the best

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Gval123: 5:44am On May 22, 2021
Now, ur husband would gladly do it without u telling him to do it. But that will be based on the fact that he has a job. He's jobless and u are asking him to wash plate for ur customers in public, check am na. You kill am where him sit down. On top of that, u are a woman, meaning the tone u also used to asking him was disrespectful. Most of ur customers left not becos he slapped u, but because they just discover ur personality as a disrespectful woman. Most won't come again

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by gemini35(m): 5:53am On May 22, 2021
Margy:
The man is stupid!

I have seen husband and wife running a business together..and guess what ..it's booming.

Just in front of my yard.. a woman owns a retail shop..the husband stocked it up..the next thing I saw was the husband helping in the sales in the shop..the shop is growing

Another man helps his wife in the restaurant..she does the cooking and the man takes orders, serves the customers and helps out.where necessary...customers keep flowing san-san into the restaurant..

There's a program called restaurant impossible aired on food network.. I see a lot of husband and wife and children running their restaurants.

All I can say is that this man will die a wretched poor man..proud grasshopper with no shi-shi.. yeyee dey smell

Modified:
All of you quoting and abusing me..I cover myself with the blood of Jesus! All your abuses back to sender...

Is it bad if this man helps out? What happens to joining hands and see that nothing is lagging in the restaurant Only a proud man will feel insulted by what his wife said.. and proud people always ends up like grasshopper with no ten kobo..
you may be right in your own perspective, manner of approach determine,s the response of the man,s action, call your hubby privately inside,honey please help with the dishes, not in the public, na,

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by successderrick: 6:26am On May 22, 2021
My daughter was diagnosed with Epilepsy. The neurologist was very confident about the diagnosis based, my Daughter had an EEG (no idea if it showed anything; we were tired and may have misunderstood what he said about that). MRI was negative for problems. For the past 4 months or so, I have seen weekly occurrences, making strange faces (this involved cheek twitching and lip quivering). We did not realize it could be a serious problem until she had an obvious seizure (simple partial) last week. What is troubling about my daughter condition is that we have seen many daytime seizures, and that recently the seizures seem to cluster together. No idea if there are seizures occurring at night. We were given a prescription for Kapra, but are still weighing the risk / rewards of giving the medication to a toddler. After returning from the hospital, my daughter experienced a round a vomiting lasting from 3 AM to 11 AM, followed by additional vomiting the following morning at around 2 AM. Nothing sense then. She has not had an appetite, is drinking fine, and otherwise appears healthy. I read a lot of blogs where people who shared their testimonies kept mentioning Anti-seizure Herbal medication. I searched for a website I just followed the email address of Doctor Patrick that was shared on these testimonies; I got lucky when I got a reply from Dr. Patrick. I followed his instruction, used Herbal Medicine in less than 2 months, my daughter seizures reduced drastically. Within a period of 5 months, my daughter was cured. I went back to my neurologist, where my daughter checked up and marked epilepsy free. If you need his help you can Contact this herbal doctor via his email herbalmedicalhome@gmail.com and WhatsApp connection is +2348021312463 for help.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Hardgun: 6:50am On May 22, 2021
DedeNkem:

How is it bad helping your wife in the only business that feeds the family?

It seems you've the same empty pride and abusive mentality like her husband!
Guy chill I'm not the coz if your sorrow
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by tsprivacy: 7:23am On May 22, 2021
Madam I still believe there is nothing wrong in telling your husband to assist you but the way and manner you represented it also matters. Slapping you is what he did that is completing wrong. I know he 's already frustrated because of the loss of his job, but both of you need to be more humble. Don't worry he will realise his mistakes too and come back home. God bless you.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by izubext007: 7:37am On May 22, 2021
[s]
BonPatrick:
A mother of two who pleaded anonymity has taken to social media to ask members of the public whether it was wrong to ask her husband to do the dishes.
According to her, her husband lost his business to scam and she has been the one catering for the family with the little she earns from her restaurant business.
She said: “Truly, My husband was the one who opened the restaurant for me, I cook very well and I still do my cooking by myself as I only direct my staffs on what to do.My husband lost his business to scam and since then it’s been me carrying the responsibilities, most of my staffs left because I could not pay them and at some point, all of them left and I had to do everything by myself.

“My husband is doing nothing yet, he just sits at home and maybe go pick the kids from school and all, so yesterday I had lots of customers in the shop, I was doing everything by myself, so as soon as my husband walked in, I asked him to help me rush to wash a few plates while I serve, and he looked at me in some strange way, I repeated myself and he slapped me in public, and walked out.

“I ignored the embarrassment and even most of my customers left, when I got home I noticed that he moved his things, I called his phone and he said he is in his friends place till he gets a job he will come home, that I should take care of the kids.

“He cut the call I tried to call and the next he blocked me.

“What did I do wrong, who is supposed to be upset? I just need to clear my conscience.”
[/s]

Madam I have seen husband and wife doing restaurant business, but all that's matters here is the manner of approach.

U might have use a degrading tone because one of ur customers is now asking you out and might have wash ur head against ur dear husband who u said open the the business for you.

So go and beg him and be coutorse .

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Ijah92(f): 8:06am On May 22, 2021
Very bad how...i don't understand. All these rubbish can only happen in Africa.quote author=Hardgun post=101915845]That's very bad telling your husband to wash plate [/quote]
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Nobody: 8:10am On May 22, 2021
Jeon:

U for use this power wer you take type this towards the whites for turning our ancestors into slaves.

Oh I don forget say fulani, boko haram and general buhari still dey. SO GO USE THIS FRUSTRATION TOWARDS THEM coolcoolcool

Lollittaa where you at?
never mind those coconut head boys grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Ijah92(f): 8:10am On May 22, 2021
Till today, I will be 29 soon. My dad has 5 daughters. But my dad still sweep house, wash plate if he likes cos he see nothing there. Like that man love neat house, he will rather do it himself.
Yet he is the bread winner of the family, with no assistance. U guys should change that stupid mindset of domestic work are only for ladies, that's most stupidest thing one can can think of.
BonPatrick:
A mother of two who pleaded anonymity has taken to social media to ask members of the public whether it was wrong to ask her husband to do the dishes.
According to her, her husband lost his business to scam and she has been the one catering for the family with the little she earns from her restaurant business.
She said: “Truly, My husband was the one who opened the restaurant for me, I cook very well and I still do my cooking by myself as I only direct my staffs on what to do.My husband lost his business to scam and since then it’s been me carrying the responsibilities, most of my staffs left because I could not pay them and at some point, all of them left and I had to do everything by myself.

“My husband is doing nothing yet, he just sits at home and maybe go pick the kids from school and all, so yesterday I had lots of customers in the shop, I was doing everything by myself, so as soon as my husband walked in, I asked him to help me rush to wash a few plates while I serve, and he looked at me in some strange way, I repeated myself and he slapped me in public, and walked out.

“I ignored the embarrassment and even most of my customers left, when I got home I noticed that he moved his things, I called his phone and he said he is in his friends place till he gets a job he will come home, that I should take care of the kids.

“He cut the call I tried to call and the next he blocked me.

“What did I do wrong, who is supposed to be upset? I just need to clear my conscience.”

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by kslizzy7: 8:13am On May 22, 2021
It really saddens my heart that a lot of people go into marriage without understand what it entails..

U saying you have seen others do it doesn't mean it applies to yur marriage, stop comparing other people homes to yur home, those men are not yur husband...

Yur husband lost his job, he is in a very vunurable situation, he is supposed to be the provider who is being provided for, his ego and pride is hurt already...you as a wife is his help mate,if for anything he is suppose to feel safe at home at least with his helper...I believe he was a provider wen he had a job so you should at least not make him feel more vunurable in public.....

Am not justifying him hitting you which is alterly wrong, but am just making it clear to you the reason you got that reaction, for every action expect a clear reaction
Solution
You know yur husband more than anyone on this platform, he is bruised,pls be there for him, if he is a good man like I believe he is, he would mend his wrong doing...build yur home and nurture yur man and avoid comparism, have a happy marriage dear

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Georgejeez: 8:38am On May 22, 2021
Hotshisha:

Will you wash plates for your teenage kids?! Even after working your but off getting them a cosy life

I work hard to give my wife a business and she turns around to ask me to wash dishes for her customers

The more I think of this the angrier I get
Body just de do me mek I go give the woman another slap sef
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Pallaz(m): 8:49am On May 22, 2021
Jeon:

He's not romantic and caring.

That's why I hate people with pride and ego

MODIFIED

Keep quoting until you guys choke coolcoolcool

Lollittaa my winter bear see them
Look the woman is arrogant
Imagine coming to ur shop to see u boom!!!! Oga abeg go wash me small plate for customers to eat?? Even u how will you feel?
Although for me I will not slap her,,, I will just go me one time but some hot temper men can slap her...... So the woman degrade her man in front of all the customers.... So it's only that day she over get customers? Abeg future na female

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. / What is This Small Boy Trying To Do??(photo) / "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.