Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,433 members, 7,815,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Nigerians Slam NCC’s IMEI, Phone IDs Directive: We Deserve Some Privacy - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigerians Slam NCC’s IMEI, Phone IDs Directive: We Deserve Some Privacy (29253 Views)

FG/NCC Directive: Has Your Phone Number Been Barred?? / Nigerians To Submit Phone IDs In Three Months - NCC / More Discomfort For Nigerians As NIMC Issues Fresh Directive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Slam NCC’s IMEI, Phone IDs Directive: We Deserve Some Privacy by Racoon(m): 12:57pm On May 21, 2021
Some Nigerians on Twitter have slammed the latest directive of the Nigerian Communications Commission asking them to submit the identification number of their phones to it from July. The regulatory body made the revelation in its Revised National Identity Policy for SIM Card Registration.

Nigerians on social media have been reacting to the latest move by the government, insisting that it was too much for the government to ask of citizens.

A Twitter user, Funmi @rusticfunmi tweeted “The tyrannical federal government of Nigeria has now demanded our IMEI numbers in order to identify and track us via our phones. This demand by the NCC is a violation of our privacy and is ILLEGAL.. our 'supposed' constitution stands against such intrusion on our privacy.”

Edward Bode @edwardbode said “This NIN I submitted was a mistake, I will never submit my IMEI to the government. We all deserve some privacy!!!!!”

Emeka Amakeze @EmekaAmakeze tweeted “Nigerians to submit their phone’s IMEI number.We know that anybody with your phone's IMEI number can remotely render your phone useless, track it or use it for malicious purposes. What exactly does NCC want?”

Twitter user, @ezenibenonny wondered about the moral standing of government to even issue the directive, tweeting“ So, I will buy phone with my money and submit the IMEI to government that never cared about me. Buhari, I won't do it.”

Taking a different perspective is Twitter user @royaltyuso, who believed that the directive will not be sustained. He tweeted, “No policy in Nigeria works. Everything will get an extension till it fails or gets abandoned. Can’t be bothered about IMEI submission.”

https://twitter.com/MobilePunch/status/1395704931781390338?s=08

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Slam NCC’s IMEI, Phone IDs Directive: We Deserve Some Privacy by inoki247: 12:58pm On May 21, 2021
we don enta am....

Before dem say with NiN we will be safe and secured now na Imei registration dem dey talk what a confused Government...

And there supporter will keep coming out with stupid narrative..

Ehn that's done in the West, America and Asia...

if you don't know something just shut up only the phone wey u buy from ur service provider na him d service provider go get the imei..

if you choose to buy an unlocked phone that works with all carrier no service provider or government will say you should come nd register it....

or even used locked carrier phone so far say na the same service provider you've no business registering any shiit with ur service provider or the Government....

Very soon dem go say mak we go register our Blood nd kidney with the way things are going....

115 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigerians Slam NCC’s IMEI, Phone IDs Directive: We Deserve Some Privacy by Racoon(m): 1:02pm On May 21, 2021
From Voter's card, to BVN, NIN and now IMEI.This just shows that this government is of course totally clueless as known or up to something more mysterious.

Will bandits, killers Fulanis and BH terrorists killing people senselessly also do this? What does Isa Pantami really want? Next the clueless govt will require the ATM pin number or birthday of its citizens

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Slam NCC’s IMEI, Phone IDs Directive: We Deserve Some Privacy by Racoon(m): 1:04pm On May 21, 2021
Funmi @rusticfunmi tweeted “The tyrannical federal government of Nigeria has now demanded our IMEI numbers in order to identify and track us via our phones. This demand by the NCC is a violation of our privacy and is ILLEGAL.. our 'supposed' constitution stands against such intrusion on our privacy.”

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Slam NCC’s IMEI, Phone IDs Directive: We Deserve Some Privacy by helinues: 1:05pm On May 21, 2021
shocked
Re: Nigerians Slam NCC’s IMEI, Phone IDs Directive: We Deserve Some Privacy by fourboys: 1:07pm On May 21, 2021
One stupid person go just wake up decide one nonsense and stupid FG go support am sad sad

60 Likes

Re: Nigerians Slam NCC’s IMEI, Phone IDs Directive: We Deserve Some Privacy by Grace001: 1:08pm On May 21, 2021
What people don’t know is that...Nigeria government saw their mistakes during end SARS saga, the use of phones exposed their asś. We all saw how a whole Nigerian army lied about their involvement, but later admitted they were at the scene. Even Lagos state governor admitted but later changed narratives.

They thought it was business as usual “unknown soldier” kill some of the protesters and carry their bodies and leave no traces they even turned off the toll gate light. They will serve as scape goat to other protesters.

This good for nothing useless Nigerian government is planning against any future massive protest or agitators by forcing every Nigerians to register NIN and link it with their phone, now it’s phone IMEI.

The NIN isn’t about security, because no bandits will register or link any NIN and even if they kidnapped, they will use their victim phone to request for ransom. It will be too late before Nigerians realize what has befall them.

202 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Nigerians Slam NCC’s IMEI, Phone IDs Directive: We Deserve Some Privacy by Franzinni: 1:08pm On May 21, 2021
DoEs this FG have competent advisers? Becasue they are constantly making foolish decisions.

21 Likes

Re: Nigerians Slam NCC’s IMEI, Phone IDs Directive: We Deserve Some Privacy by temitope27(m): 1:14pm On May 21, 2021
Abeg divide this country as soon as possible

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Slam NCC’s IMEI, Phone IDs Directive: We Deserve Some Privacy by Homeboiy: 1:26pm On May 21, 2021
I go buy android phone

Then change the imei
Give them

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Slam NCC’s IMEI, Phone IDs Directive: We Deserve Some Privacy by Shellsploit: 1:29pm On May 21, 2021
Tomorrow maybe na our birth certificate and atm pin dem go request.

Useless NCC

37 Likes

Re: Nigerians Slam NCC’s IMEI, Phone IDs Directive: We Deserve Some Privacy by BbqTormentor: 1:33pm On May 21, 2021
Na mumu go submit IMEI

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Slam NCC’s IMEI, Phone IDs Directive: We Deserve Some Privacy by Sebastine1994(m): 1:35pm On May 21, 2021
Patami has good intentions,

but the road to hell is paved with good intentions. A knife can be used for cooking and for stabbing.

Today's solution is tommorows problem

Nigeria is not yet ripe for this thing. The Yahoo boys will not like this news. phone thief's will hate you.

Nigerians hate innovation, you can't eat your cake and have it. if you want security, you must sacrifice something,

Nothing goes for nothing. The FBI and CIA has become too powerful because Americans have ceded a lot of power to them

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Slam NCC’s IMEI, Phone IDs Directive: We Deserve Some Privacy by Nobody: 1:35pm On May 21, 2021
Only God knows their agenda
Re: Nigerians Slam NCC’s IMEI, Phone IDs Directive: We Deserve Some Privacy by BruncleZuma: 1:35pm On May 21, 2021
Nigeria has no constitution at all and before some persons with a proclivity for low yield government -sponsored stupidity go jump in; The Nigerian government has an epic record and history of abuse of power and won't waste any time in hunting down persceived and imaginary enemies using information that should be private.

17 Likes

Re: Nigerians Slam NCC’s IMEI, Phone IDs Directive: We Deserve Some Privacy by Rikze: 1:35pm On May 21, 2021
Block heads are now in authority.

That's all I have to say.

Woe! Woe!! Woe!!!

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Slam NCC’s IMEI, Phone IDs Directive: We Deserve Some Privacy by samnificent(m): 1:35pm On May 21, 2021
lol,are these guys are doing an indirect census knowing the population?

You need phone imei’s to do what? Track us?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Slam NCC’s IMEI, Phone IDs Directive: We Deserve Some Privacy by tballeyy(m): 1:36pm On May 21, 2021
They want to turn us to robot

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Slam NCC’s IMEI, Phone IDs Directive: We Deserve Some Privacy by Belial06: 1:36pm On May 21, 2021
It's a directive used in countries run by dictatorships

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Slam NCC’s IMEI, Phone IDs Directive: We Deserve Some Privacy by 5ine: 1:36pm On May 21, 2021
Re: Nigerians Slam NCC’s IMEI, Phone IDs Directive: We Deserve Some Privacy by IMASTEX: 1:36pm On May 21, 2021
Confused government

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Slam NCC’s IMEI, Phone IDs Directive: We Deserve Some Privacy by tamdun: 1:36pm On May 21, 2021
This Imei own weak me o,submitting our emei is like walking naked in the market place , fed govt can do a lot with ur imei

10 Likes

Re: Nigerians Slam NCC’s IMEI, Phone IDs Directive: We Deserve Some Privacy by Grace001: 1:36pm On May 21, 2021
One chance government

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Slam NCC’s IMEI, Phone IDs Directive: We Deserve Some Privacy by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:36pm On May 21, 2021
If they want IMEI number federal government should go and manufacture phones and put their own IMEI number there. They claim they know where bandits and terrorists are located, yet they have not acted on that. It is our comments and calls that they want to be monitoring because freedom of digital communication is not in the Constitution.

Only a terrorist will ask Nigerians to cough out their privacy and sadly we have that person as the minister of communication

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Slam NCC’s IMEI, Phone IDs Directive: We Deserve Some Privacy by younglleo: 1:37pm On May 21, 2021
assuming i registered my IMEI, would it give me easier access to fix dis my damaged phone?
pls i need financial help to fix my main source of income (my phone) (12k) pls!
if u want me to work for dey money, no prob!
i'm at a football camp for badore so i will work for it if u are in this axis
Re: Nigerians Slam NCC’s IMEI, Phone IDs Directive: We Deserve Some Privacy by Idzitari1(m): 1:37pm On May 21, 2021
I am sensing a terrorist motive behind this

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Slam NCC’s IMEI, Phone IDs Directive: We Deserve Some Privacy by babadem2much(m): 1:37pm On May 21, 2021
Boko Haram and Bandits are using registered lines and NCC never catch anybody....
Una no well

32 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Modern Combat 4 Vs Modern Combat 5 (graphics Comparism) / 8 Unbelievable Things You Never Knew Your Smartphone Could Do / Facebook To Launch Express Wi-Fi In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.