Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

El-Rufai Insists On Downsizing Workforce - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-Rufai Insists On Downsizing Workforce (22741 Views)

Shettima In Switzerland For WEF With Just Five Aides — As Downsizing Starts / El-Rufai Insists It’s Time To Restructure Nigeria, Says We Have No Excuse / Shehu Sani Will Be Defeated - El-rufai Insists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El-Rufai Insists On Downsizing Workforce by 9jaRealist: 10:10am On May 23, 2021
femi4:
When they cannot pay their salaries, they tag them as unproductive. Someone that has been in the system for 10yrs suddenly becomes unproductive

Many of them are unproductive for 30-35 years until their retirement...
Have you ever sought anything (even mere information) from the civil service and had a productive experience?
>

3 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Insists On Downsizing Workforce by femi4: 10:13am On May 23, 2021
9jaRealist:

Many of them are unproductive for 30-35 years until their retirement...
Have you ever sought anything (even mere information) from the civil service and had a productive experience?
>
That's a pure lie, check the categories of those that were sacked. Professionals are there.

You cannot "unproductive" a productive person

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Insists On Downsizing Workforce by viralinfo: 10:18am On May 23, 2021
The governor of my state partners government institution with private company, secondly IGR payment is done digitally and all payment goes directly to the government puss..
maasoap:

I wonder what the governor of your state is doing differently and doing better.
Government Workforce is overblown in Nigeria, something must be done about it.
Re: El-Rufai Insists On Downsizing Workforce by malware: 10:21am On May 23, 2021
Itzlinda:

Elrufai thinks they should even returned they collected because they were doing nothing. Lol

He's a ruthless capitalist. I distaste his principles and policies with passion. He shares the same philosophy with his friend, Sanusi Lamido.
Re: El-Rufai Insists On Downsizing Workforce by Nobody: 10:31am On May 23, 2021
chrisblack:
let us be true to ourselves. Many states don't need the numbers of workers on its payroll. We can never develop as a country when 85% of some states revenue is used in paying salaries of less than2% of the population. It makes not sense. Many of the civil servants are redundant. In so department you would see 5people doing the work of 1 person. It also like that at the federal where due to tribal sentiments they have loaded it with there people. With technology we don't need bulky civil service. More funds should be made available for stimulating the economy through provision of grants, infrastructure , Agricultural support etc that would help the entire populace. There should be a law that stipulate 65 to 35% in terms in favour of capital to recurrent cost. And that all employment must be shared across all nooks and crannies of a state evenly.
and who messed up the whole thing in the first place? The govt ofcus. Rather than make policies to develop the people, reduce population boom, they are busy employing their family into govt offices. Unless we begin to check our population in line with our resources, we are not yet ready to solving our problems.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Insists On Downsizing Workforce by moskush1(m): 10:56am On May 23, 2021
so he is now apologizing to the workers he is owing, the ones he sacked or the one he is about to sack? you kill humans in the name of infrastructural Dev. you will surely reap the fruit of wickedness
Re: El-Rufai Insists On Downsizing Workforce by CodeTemplar: 10:59am On May 23, 2021
chrisblack:
let us be true to ourselves. Many states don't need the numbers of workers on its payroll. We can never develop as a country when 85% of some states revenue is used in paying salaries of less than2% of the population. It makes not sense. Many of the civil servants are redundant. In so department you would see 5people doing the work of 1 person. It also like that at the federal where due to tribal sentiments they have loaded it with there people. With technology we don't need bulky civil service. More funds should be made available for stimulating the economy through provision of grants, infrastructure , Agricultural support etc that would help the entire populace. There should be a law that stipulate 65 to 35% in terms in favour of capital to recurrent cost. And that all employment must be shared across all nooks and crannies of a state evenly.

Stop replying to your own subconscious imaginations. It makes you look deranged. I never supported paying of idle hands. I pointed out the fact that el rufai has been paying them willingly all along when crude income was higher. Why is he(El Rufai) just realizing all the off point stuff you are writing to me?
Re: El-Rufai Insists On Downsizing Workforce by Paramount01(m): 11:02am On May 23, 2021
chrisblack:

you have make a valid point but people that never know wat govt is all about will continue to shout,come to sokoto, Aminu tambuwal first tenure was nothing to write home about except he was paying salary but thank God for this second tenure that he now sit up and do something,
how many people are in civil service?
how many people are working?

tinubu try it in first tenure people shouted but we later see the result

if Governor only pay salry and did not do tangible work what will he be remember for?.
Re: El-Rufai Insists On Downsizing Workforce by ivolt: 11:06am On May 23, 2021
Nauttyprof:

I like your response. How about the redundant politicians who don't do anything but occupy government positions and are collecting huge sums sufficient enough to pay over 30 workers monthly salary per politician?

How about the state house of representative members who even when they don't sit claim the money for this and all sorts of evils happening amidst the politicians?

Let's be honest, if you want to downsize, do this holistically. Include the politicians and we will know that he meant well. Who created the problems in the first instance, isn't it the politicians themselves?

We should look at the issue holistically than taking a side to judge this matter.
You can't blame a state for federal problems.
Re: El-Rufai Insists On Downsizing Workforce by grandstar(m): 11:12am On May 23, 2021
CodeTemplar:
You paid them all these years when oil money was coming in and only realized they were redundant when oil money inflow dwindled. He is clueless about how to inspire the state economy growth.

I'm sure he's been burning to lay them off since he assumed office but waited for the best time. Such tough actions are usually taken during the 2nd term when the politician knows he can't campaign again.

He's a no-nonsense technocrat and hates waste with passion. A bloated civil service is unfair to citizens of a state as it shortchanges what the government can deliver to them.

What is even annoying is that most of these workers have nothing to do. In 2011,i was in my local government secretariat and I was appalled at how empty the place and how so little work those that showed up even had to do. Even that work was done with a sloppy attitude.

All states would free up lots of cash if they simply downsize but fear the backlash. It might have cost Bisi Akande of Osun state his reelection in 2003 when he fired 3,000 teachers

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Insists On Downsizing Workforce by Diamondplus1(m): 11:12am On May 23, 2021
IT'S REAL!!! Thats the business
DO YOU KNOW THAT YOU CAN EARN FROM N400 TO N8,000 AND EARN OVER N300,000 EVERY MONTH ON NAIRALINK.
https://nairalink.com/ref.php?i=u91829c
You will be paid Directly to your bank acct. everytime you post advert on your WHATSAPP STATUS, INSTAGRAM AND ON TWITTER.
I personally earn N10,000 you can earn More!
REGISTER NOW! https://nairalink.com/ref.php?i=u91829c

Re: El-Rufai Insists On Downsizing Workforce by Osaze456: 12:00pm On May 23, 2021
see below

Re: El-Rufai Insists On Downsizing Workforce by loswhite(m): 12:16pm On May 23, 2021
chrisblack:
Let us be true to ourselves many states dont need to pay ex looters (Governors) pension for life.
Let us be true to ourselves the payment of crazy salaries and allowances to political office holders.
We can never develop as a country having such leaders.
The problem of this country is foolish Citizens like you that will continue support corrupt leaders...
Re: El-Rufai Insists On Downsizing Workforce by jesmond3945: 12:32pm On May 23, 2021
AMINDA:

Kaduna State has less than 100,000 people in its Civil Service. El'rufai was voted into power by over 1.2 million people in the last election. Do the math. Why should 98% of the State's allocation be used to cater for less than 10% of the population?
because the 100k has the 1.2 million depending on their salary.
Re: El-Rufai Insists On Downsizing Workforce by jesmond3945: 12:41pm On May 23, 2021
eedimo:
If most governors would be bold to do what this man intends to do, there would be increase in productivity among the workforce.
How do people feel when the get paid for doing nothing?
Let me see the first nincompoop who would quote me just to disgrace his family.
when you are given employment in civil service you are bound till you retire thats what happens all over the world. It is called civil service, you serve the civilian population on behalf of the government. What the government should do is to engage them and they would be productive but what happens is that government would rather engage contractors to do the job. These civil servants have superiors, what are they doing to engage them? For example you can provide computers to all civil servants, connect them to the internet and encourage to enter all records into the database or you can mandate the ministry of works staff to supervise construction in the state or you mandate teachers to learn modern ICT tools. Most of these governors travel outside the country they see what is obtainable in the developed world but they would never implement in naija. Who sacks civil servants, the best you can do is give them a pay cut till when things improve. After all the money they get is from oil in rivers state. Are you telling me kaduna state doesn't have natural resources or good corporate presence to pay tax?
Re: El-Rufai Insists On Downsizing Workforce by Nauttyprof(m): 12:47pm On May 23, 2021
ivolt:

You can't blame a state for federal problems.

Chairman, there is no excuse for the state too. Haven't you read of how the Governors pressure FG to change policies just to gain more money to themselves?

Also, shouldn't the politicians at state level plan for their states prior to these issues? How did Lagos become what it is today? Ask yourself this. There is no excuse for any politician either state or FG level.
Re: El-Rufai Insists On Downsizing Workforce by Nauttyprof(m): 12:50pm On May 23, 2021
omohayek:

This is a nonsensical argument for doing nothing. Yes, all those other issues matter too, but that doesn't mean El Rufai has to handle everything at once or nothing at all.

This is a nonsensical response. Why place all on the masses when the same politicians caused the problems we face today?

Leadership they say is by example, it should even start from the politicians first. NLC would have no reason to stage any protest if they see the government as being genuine by starting with themselves first before any measures on the masses even if it is 0.00005% of the population.
Re: El-Rufai Insists On Downsizing Workforce by agabusta: 12:55pm On May 23, 2021
Trustedpronet:

Then tell the governor to create alternatives, how can you employ someone and sack them for no crime committed. Six years is enough to forecast the future of a state if you are serious with governance. Was it not the same elrufai that claimed Kaduna has enough gold reserve more than south Africa? Where is the gold today? Check very well...he might be busy sacking Christians from southern Kaduna and be replacing them with muslims. I don't trust politicians

Before El Rufai became governor, he has been saying the civil service needs trimming.

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Insists On Downsizing Workforce by agabusta: 12:58pm On May 23, 2021
Kubernetes:
The honest truth ;There are about 40% redundant workers in almost every loc gvt council in Nigeria.
Gvt can convert these workers to essential and useful workers by creating and transferring them to income generating ventures in sectors like Agriculture, SMEs etc. Imagine if the Kaduna gvt creates a Bread,Pure water and Agro processing factories etc in each local gvt in kd. Imagine if the state also cultivates at least 50,000 hectares of land in each local gvt and putting these redundant staffs there. The gvts need to start thinking like Business wised, to making income.

Redundant workers cannot sustain any establishment, they'll kill it.

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Insists On Downsizing Workforce by Gamesmart: 1:40pm On May 23, 2021
Badass and FANTASTIC Governor.

Deal with the NLC foooools!
Re: El-Rufai Insists On Downsizing Workforce by Gamesmart: 1:42pm On May 23, 2021
SmartProf:
All this King Kong behaviour ends when the breathe of life ends. At such stage u can't threaten anyone, so why behave like a short god? Well, since his height is already downsized, he feels the work force should be as well.

What a pure moooron you are!

You should curse the people who looted the funds that should have given you quality education and improve your reasoning.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai Insists On Downsizing Workforce by somehow: 1:55pm On May 23, 2021
helinues:
Ko le werk... He should have recruited more instead

The more workers, the more income the state would be generating

What exactly would the workers be doing to bring in the income?

3 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Insists On Downsizing Workforce by adenigga(m): 2:19pm On May 23, 2021
somehow:

What exactly would the workers be doing to bring in the income?

Maybe helinues is encouraging him to create Agberos' department in the name of generating revenues like we have in Lagos. e.g. Lastma, Lassa, Kai, Lscnc, Laspark, Lastra, Lasdri etc....
Re: El-Rufai Insists On Downsizing Workforce by starz100: 2:26pm On May 23, 2021
This El-rufai self. See his argument, that you don't lock up a facility (nepa) to go on strike, rather according to his interpretation of the law, you walk away, imagine from a facility as sensitive as electricity.
Imagine a housewife walking away from the kitchen while her food is cooking in the gas, because she decided to go on strike, when she could have simply off the gas, lock the kitchen and go away. Okay now, if she did what El-rufai prescribed and the kitchen caught fire, who will be responsible for the disaster. The reasons why power officials shut up the facility was for safety.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Insists On Downsizing Workforce by oluplus(m): 2:42pm On May 23, 2021
Ferdinandu:
El Rufai no matter what people call him Bigot, sadist, Religious extremist. All I know is El Rufai is one politician who sees what is supposed to be do, he will go ahead and do it no matter what anyone thinks. Most times he doesn't do his work to pacify anyone. He does what is supposed to be done. Downsizing civil service is one of the bitter pill we have to swallow simple

Oga, most of his policies are not friendly. Government must put his people's interest at heart first.
First of all, he sacked teachers based on incompetence in 2017. He said most of them failed primary 4 exams and went ahead to replace them with those he feels are competent.
Now, even the ones he employed have suddenly become redundant. How and when? Then he is the problem. Have you also taught of the ripple effect? These people can easily be bought over by terrorists, when the offer them some cash, as low as 10k. The thugs he hired to attack NLC were paid N500 each. If you give them 10k to carry gun and kidnap their neighbours, they won't hesitate.

He vowed not to pay kidnappers, a development I appreciate, but failing to tell us your plan to protect the people is what I don't get. As it is now, a number of us keep vigils on the street, protecting our family while others have abandoned their homes.
So, he needs to go back to the drawing board.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Insists On Downsizing Workforce by kunle75(m): 3:14pm On May 23, 2021
TheRealestGuy:

You are really don't know what's happening, do some fxcking research!

He has retrenched workers for a few years and refused to pay them their entitlements.

You are here waiting for the governor to make it public? Are you joking?

Kaduna people have been crying out about this and you say it is pre-emptive?

Please before commenting on public issues do some findings so you don't sound stupid on a public forum.

Enjoy your weekend.

You must be a civil servant, I guess.

Enjoy your weekend too
Re: El-Rufai Insists On Downsizing Workforce by pieces18: 3:17pm On May 23, 2021
adenigga:

https://m.guardian.ng/El-Rufai-insists-on-downsizing-workforce

My guy, el rufai is not saying the truth. He's just this kind of person that derives joy in inflicting pain on people. Why is it that el rufai keeps hundreds of SSAs, ASs, and so on, but see no reasons to call them redundant, instead, civil servants are the redundant people? Do you know that since 2016 he's been disengaging workers? Do you know that he's seized people's lands / houses? Do you know that he's demolished a whole low - cost which was occupied by majority civil servants? Do you know that as a civil servant in kaduna state, i collected minimum wage for only one month? After that month he stopped paying till date. Last month 80% of kaduna civil servants received half salary.
Some people make comments on this issue may be because they don't know what's happening. Pls let's not take el rufai's propagandas. He's natural a liar and a wicked person.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Insists On Downsizing Workforce by pieces18: 3:30pm On May 23, 2021
chatinent:
Tax payers’ money is now spoken as though sb’s investment.

I agree, there are many redundant workers.

But didn't redundancy start from the National Assembly and the gigantic salaries of heads of government?

Even the el rufai and his colleagues are redundant set of governors for not thinking of how to generate revenue for their states, remember it was not long when he said very soon Kaduna state will stop going to abuja to collect money. El rufai is biggest scam of all time.

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Insists On Downsizing Workforce by Gfskw: 5:20pm On May 23, 2021
Stubborn Shortman
Re: El-Rufai Insists On Downsizing Workforce by ofiko123(m): 5:57pm On May 23, 2021
What will these achieve?
Re: El-Rufai Insists On Downsizing Workforce by Mutuwa(m): 6:15pm On May 23, 2021
eedimo:
If most governors would be bold to do what this man intends to do, there would be increase in productivity among the workforce.
How do people feel when the get paid for doing nothing?
Let me see the first nincompoop who would quote me just to disgrace his family.

Unfortunately brother, not all and sundry have a deeper thinking and open mind like you. They are only a sheeple who others think and judge for them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fayemi: Oshiomhole’s Allegation Laughable, A Figment Of His Imagination / Tambuwal: I Withdrew From Presidential Race In The Larger Interest / Lagos State Government Procures 100 Vehicles For Traditional Rulers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.