Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,113 members, 7,811,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

Nigeria’s Ordinary President’: BBC Reporter Says Life Under Threat, Calls For He - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Ordinary President’: BBC Reporter Says Life Under Threat, Calls For He (3242 Views)

I Didn't Collect ₦‎20m From Peter Obi, My Life Under Threat ― Taraba LP Chair / Ordinary President: Brekete Family To End Programme Amid Slapping Saga / Segun Adewale (Aeroland) Slaps BBC Reporter For Recording Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s Ordinary President’: BBC Reporter Says Life Under Threat, Calls For He by Georgesals: 7:39pm On May 23, 2021
BBC journalist, Peter Nkanga (@nkanga_p), who reported how popular radio personality, Ahmed Isah, assaulted a criminal suspect, says his life has been “seriously under threat” since the documentary was published on Monday, May 17.
The documentary had placed the methods adopted by Isah, Brekete Family’s founder and host, famously known as Ordinary President, under scrutiny.
It showed a scene where the radio host and human rights advocate slapped Susan, a young woman who allegedly set the hair of her six-year-old niece on fire after accusing her of witchcraft. It also accused Isah of abandoning cases without explanation after promising to follow them to their logical conclusion.
Nkanga, in a statement shared with HumAngle on Sunday, says he has been facing cyberbullying and threats targeting him and his family since the report was released.
“My attack is not coming from the State, or Opposition, or some militant group. My attack is coming from the public mob that Ahmad Isah commands. I am talking about a multitude of everyday people including gatemen (mine in my residence is an avid follower of Ahmad), taxi/keke/okada drivers, market sellers, business owners, shop attendants, people from all walks of life and strata of society,” he wrote.

“I am talking of everyday people you meet anywhere and everywhere on the road, malls, parks, markets, church, offices, banks, etc, who are his fervent adherents. They have my image, they are threatening me on social media.”
He further alleged that his phone numbers were released to the public during the daily Brekete Family programmes aired on May 20 and 21.
“Ahmad is a mob leader. He allowed my numbers, on two different days, to be broadcast live for his adherents all over the world to attack me. It was a clear premeditated action with malicious intent. Ever since, these people have been calling, sending SMS/WhatsApp threats to me,” the journalist said.
“I have had to switch off my phone lines. I am afraid because Ahmad’s adherents have told me they know where I live, and I will die. My situation is a very dangerous one.”
Nkanga said he had gone into hiding and was forced to flee Abuja to safeguard himself.
“Please help me. I am putting relevant Nigerian security agencies, the media, civil society, the international community, and the Nigerian public on notice: Ahmad Isah has to know that if anything happens to me, my family, or any BBC crew, that he will be held responsible.”
HumAngle obtained recordings of some of the calls placed to Nkanga where “Brekete Family followers” threatened that he had “no hiding place” and would “be stoned to death”.
The Committee to Protect Journalists (CPJ), a global nonprofit that advocates for press freedom, has said it is concerned and is investigating the death threats received by Nkanga.
“Nigerian authorities should ensure Nkanga’s safety,” it appealed.
The BBC said in a statement that it isthat it is taking the threats seriously and will report them to the police.
“It is completely unacceptable that journalists should suffer abuse for doing their jobs,” it wrote.
“Prior to broadcasting the film, the BBC repeatedly reached out to Ahmed Isah offering a right of reply to questions regarding accusations from his critics but he declined. Since the BBC investigation has aired, Mr Isah has apologised for his assault on the woman in the film.”

https://humangle.ng/nigerias-ordinary-president-bbc-reporter-says-life-under-threat-calls-for-help/
Re: Nigeria’s Ordinary President’: BBC Reporter Says Life Under Threat, Calls For He by sweetonugbu: 7:41pm On May 23, 2021
Ba wao
Re: Nigeria’s Ordinary President’: BBC Reporter Says Life Under Threat, Calls For He by lastempero: 7:45pm On May 23, 2021
They suppose threaten u wella, bbc aproko for this country is in excess. I wonder if it's the same bbc that is based in uk in this. They keep chooking their eyes where they are not supposed to

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Ordinary President’: BBC Reporter Says Life Under Threat, Calls For He by DropsMic(m): 8:21pm On May 23, 2021
Georgesals:
BBC
It showed a scene where the radio host and human rights advocate slapped Susan, a young woman who allegedly set the hair of her six-year-old niece on fire after accusing her of witchcraft.

Allegedly.. Someone confessed that she burnt her niece's head and y'all are still throwing the word allegedly around. Make una fear God o..

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Ordinary President’: BBC Reporter Says Life Under Threat, Calls For He by Jesuschristus: 8:33pm On May 23, 2021
Thats what u get when u deal with man of the people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Ordinary President’: BBC Reporter Says Life Under Threat, Calls For He by edoairways: 8:46pm On May 23, 2021
You mess up in your reportage big time. What were you expecting, that the masses will not react?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Ordinary President’: BBC Reporter Says Life Under Threat, Calls For He by blackboy(m): 8:57pm On May 23, 2021
He is seeking cheap publicity and free ticket out of Nigeria.I don't blame him.Ordinary can make a goat a sensation just by talking about it.The woman confessed she tied a six years old girl and burnt her head.Ordinary confessed he slapped her after she confessed in anger at what she did.Heapologized profusely. It was a caller whoshared his number and peoplewerewarned not to do more than call andaskwhy he made a one sided and lying documentary when he was fully in the know of the A -Z of what happened

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Ordinary President’: BBC Reporter Says Life Under Threat, Calls For He by Wahalaperson: 8:58pm On May 23, 2021
How did he mess up, he is a journalist and did his job well, it’s a shame on the said isa that he is exactly what he is fighting against, injustice . Isa being a man of the people does not warrant him to manhandle his interviewees, it’s against the ethics of his job as a journalist. Anything worth doing is worth doing well, what then is the difference between the isa and our politicians claiming to be saint on television and monsters behinds camera s
edoairways:
You mess up in your reportage big time.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Ordinary President’: BBC Reporter Says Life Under Threat, Calls For He by Nobody: 9:00pm On May 23, 2021
Did bbc report anything in obigbo? Did they report anything in lekki tolegate ? BBC is evil they are too corrupt is time to chase them away

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Ordinary President’: BBC Reporter Says Life Under Threat, Calls For He by dawndeal: 10:11pm On May 23, 2021
A big lesson to you
Re: Nigeria’s Ordinary President’: BBC Reporter Says Life Under Threat, Calls For He by Aufbauh(m): 10:15pm On May 23, 2021
The fear of Ahmad's adherents is the beginning of wisdom. Those mobs can do anything and everything for him.

A quick one: Came over to Abuja from Lagos for work sometime 2018, I engaged a driver who was an Ahmad adherent, unknown to me how popular is the programme as a Lagosian.
Any time am not in the car this guy will tune on to the station such that when I came back to the car he won't even bother to change the frequency. This stuff continue to the extent that start competing with me who uses the car stereo.
I've wonder what's so peculiar about the station so I took my time to listen to it. After observing the content of the station.

Mahn ... I have to tactically lay the guy off by settling him three months salary in lieu with the pretence that I'm going back to Lagos.

Na so I take escape ooo. If any small thing happen between us the guy fit go table my matter for brekete family.
If you're in Abuja you have to be extremely careful doing anything with Ahmad adherent.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Ordinary President’: BBC Reporter Says Life Under Threat, Calls For He by leofab(f): 10:19pm On May 23, 2021
DropsMic:

Allegedly.. Someone confessed that she burnt her niece's head and y'all are still throwing the word allegedly around. Make una fear God o..
only a court has the right to declare otherwise..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Ordinary President’: BBC Reporter Says Life Under Threat, Calls For He by leofab(f): 10:39pm On May 23, 2021
Do f be scared
Re: Nigeria’s Ordinary President’: BBC Reporter Says Life Under Threat, Calls For He by mytime24(f): 10:48pm On May 23, 2021
B-bad
B-belle
C-carrier
Re: Nigeria’s Ordinary President’: BBC Reporter Says Life Under Threat, Calls For He by olalat(m): 11:18pm On May 23, 2021
Aufbauh:
The fear of Ahmad's adherents is the beginning of wisdom. Those mobs can do anything and everything for him.

A quick one: Came over to Abuja from Lagos for work sometime 2018, I engaged a driver who was an Ahmad adherent, unknown to me how popular is the programme as a Lagosian.
Any time am not in the car this guy will tune on to the station such that when I came back to the car he won't even bother to change the frequency. This stuff continue to the extent that start competing with me who uses the car stereo.
I've wonder what's so peculiar about the station so I took my time to listen to it. After observing the content of the station.

Mahn ... I have to tactically lay the guy off by settling him three months salary in lieu with the pretence that I'm going back to Lagos.

Na so I take escape ooo. If any small thing happen between us the guy fit go table my matter for brekete family.
If you're in Abuja you have to extremely careful doing anything with Ahmad adherent.
You see, one of the type who wants the man go under. The man touches life more than federal government of Nigeria. Mess with him and mess with people. Im one of the people..... im referring to

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Ordinary President’: BBC Reporter Says Life Under Threat, Calls For He by olalat(m): 11:18pm On May 23, 2021
Wahalaperson:
How did he mess up, he is a journalist and did his job well, it’s a shame on the said isa that he is exactly what he is fighting against, injustice . Isa being a man of the people does not warrant him to manhandle his interviewees, it’s against the ethics of his job as a journalist. Anything worth doing is worth doing well, what then is the difference between the isa and our politicians claiming to be saint on television and monsters behinds camera s
Nonsense!!
Re: Nigeria’s Ordinary President’: BBC Reporter Says Life Under Threat, Calls For He by edoairways: 11:33pm On May 23, 2021
Wahalaperson:
A journalist that hide truth? Why is difficult for BBC to broadcast mayhem committed by bandits. Hasn't this journalist been seeing Ahmed's good work why the haste to report negative news?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Ordinary President’: BBC Reporter Says Life Under Threat, Calls For He by Wahalaperson: 12:23am On May 24, 2021
Oga, it’s called investigative journalism, for your info there has been reports of him abusing people.if you say bbc doesn’t make reports on terrorism I won’t blame you because maybe nairaland is your main or primary source of info. I can provide countless links of their report on terrorism, rape, corruption etc. from you assertion that means a policeman can also shoot the woman in anger and will be justified because what the woman did is evil, right? What if he had inflicted injury on the woman, what is then the difference between he and the woman ? Either way you look at it it is wrong, in some climes suits would have been instigated against him. Ordinary president or not, do what is right.
edoairways:

A journalist that hide truth? Why is difficult for BBC to broadcast mayhem committed by bandits. Hasn't this journalist been seeing Ahmed's good work why the haste to report negative news?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Ordinary President’: BBC Reporter Says Life Under Threat, Calls For He by Wahalaperson: 12:54am On May 24, 2021
What is the other side of the documentary other than the woman setting her nieces head on fire ? The woman’s action is totally wrong, the question is? what is the man’s job? A journalist, is it in place for a journalist to slap a person he is interviewing? Even a policeman doesn’t have the right to slap the woman, the journalist can be sued for defamation of character if isa feels the journalist tarnished his image instead of telling people to call him and ask him question, in normal sense the man ought to apologize and resign from his duty as a presenter at least for now, if we can’t take away emotions from professionalism we can’t go anywhere as a nation.
blackboy:
He is seeking cheap publicity and free ticket out of Nigeria.I don't blame him.Ordinary can make a goat a sensation just by talking about it.The woman confessed she tied a six years old girl and burnt her head.Ordinary confessed he slapped her after she confessed in anger at what she did.Heapologized profusely. It was a caller whoshared his number and peoplewerewarned not to do more than call andaskwhy he made a one sided and lying documentary when he was fully in the know of the A -Z of what happened
Re: Nigeria’s Ordinary President’: BBC Reporter Says Life Under Threat, Calls For He by Difrent: 5:08am On May 24, 2021
Wahalaperson:

So one deserving slap should rubbish thousands of successful cases he has handled .....BBC did a bad job there and they were not expecting the backlash........Isa is a human being not an angel , he is bound to make mistakes

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Ordinary President’: BBC Reporter Says Life Under Threat, Calls For He by Wahalaperson: 6:40am On May 24, 2021
There’s nothing like a deserving slap and bbc did a great job, you can’t be an angel on radio and a monster behind camera, he rubbished the successful cases he has handled by himself and not bbc, if we should go by your logic of being human, the woman isa slapped too is also a human being and not an angel, isn’t she bound to make mistakes too? Oga isa did wrong and it has nothing to do with bbc, bbc only showed the world the kind of human he is behind camera. Is that how he slaps his wife at provocation ? He is a journalist and know what he did was wrong hence he has tendered an apology why the fight for him online ?
Difrent:

So one deserving slap should rubbish thousands of successful cases he has handled .....BBC did a bad job there and they were not expecting the backlash........Isa is a human being not an angel , he is bound to make mistakes

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Ordinary President’: BBC Reporter Says Life Under Threat, Calls For He by greatdreamer(m): 6:50am On May 24, 2021
He said that even my gate man is against me.
Re: Nigeria’s Ordinary President’: BBC Reporter Says Life Under Threat, Calls For He by edoairways: 8:58am On May 24, 2021
Wahalaperson:
Oga, it’s called investigative journalism, for your info there has been reports of him abusing people.if you say bbc doesn’t make reports on terrorism I won’t blame you because maybe nairaland is your main or primary source of info. I can provide countless links of their report on terrorism, rape, corruption etc. from you assertion that means a policeman can also shoot the woman in anger and will be justified because what the woman did is evil, right? What if he had inflicted injury on the woman, what is then the difference between he and the woman ? Either way you look at it it is wrong, in some climes suits would have been instigated against him. Ordinary president or not, do what is right.
Mr man that journalist didn't carry out investigative journalism rather he was paid. I know an investigate journalism when I see one. Secondly, BBC select news to report from Nigeria, I watch them daily. One of the biased news channel in the world is BBC . Until BBC Africa report the truth, they will receive more attack from the masses
Re: Nigeria’s Ordinary President’: BBC Reporter Says Life Under Threat, Calls For He by Aufbauh(m): 9:05am On May 24, 2021
olalat:
You see, one of the type who wants the man go under. The man touches life more than federal government of Nigeria. Mess with him and mess with people. Im one of the people..... im referring to

Is it where your understanding and comprehension ends? How do my brief story give backing to the disbandment of Human Rights radio station?

Please swerve!
Re: Nigeria’s Ordinary President’: BBC Reporter Says Life Under Threat, Calls For He by Wahalaperson: 9:21am On May 24, 2021
What is wrong is wrong baba, what isa did is wrong in all shades, he must be condemned outrightly, in saner climes he out to have tendered his resignation letter since, learn to separate emotions from professionalism
edoairways:

Mr man that journalist didn't carry out investigative journalism rather he was paid. I know an investigate journalism when I see one. Secondly, BBC select news to report from Nigeria, I watch them daily. One of the biased news channel in the world is BBC . Until BBC Africa report the truth, they will receive more attack from the masses
Re: Nigeria’s Ordinary President’: BBC Reporter Says Life Under Threat, Calls For He by edoairways: 10:38am On May 24, 2021
Wahalaperson:
What is wrong is wrong baba, what isa did is wrong in all shades, he must be condemned outrightly, in saner climes he out to have tendered his resignation letter since, learn to separate emotions from professionalism
I didn't say what he did wasn't wrong however I vehemently condemn BBC Africa for collecting bribe. Don't ask me how because I know from a reliable source

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Ordinary President’: BBC Reporter Says Life Under Threat, Calls For He by royalamour(m): 10:44am On May 24, 2021
grin
Re: Nigeria’s Ordinary President’: BBC Reporter Says Life Under Threat, Calls For He by royalamour(m): 10:50am On May 24, 2021
Aufbauh:

If you're in Abuja you have to be extremely careful doing anything with Ahmad adherent.

Stop painting the guy bad. Dude has helped millions of people, the oppressed and the hopeless.

You speak like a cunning serpent.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Ordinary President’: BBC Reporter Says Life Under Threat, Calls For He by royalamour(m): 10:52am On May 24, 2021
Wahalaperson:
There’s nothing like a deserving slap and bbc did a great job, you can’t be an angel on radio and a monster behind camera, he rubbished the successful cases he has handled by himself and not bbc, if we should go by your logic of being human, the woman isa slapped too is also a human being and not an angel, isn’t she bound to make mistakes too? Oga isa did wrong and it has nothing to do with bbc, bbc only showed the world the kind of human he is behind camera. Is that how he slaps his wife at provocation ? He is a journalist and know what he did was wrong hence he has tendered an apology why the fight for him online ?

Great job my a55.
They neglected the part where the lady set the small girl on fire and nearly burnt her to death.

May such happen to your children so we can see how you will react.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Ordinary President’: BBC Reporter Says Life Under Threat, Calls For He by seunmsg(m): 10:56am On May 24, 2021
I won’t mind giving the useless journalist a dirty slap if I have the chance. He will definitely reap the evil he planted by trying to destroy Brekete family program.
Re: Nigeria’s Ordinary President’: BBC Reporter Says Life Under Threat, Calls For He by OlujobaSamuel: 10:57am On May 24, 2021
Lol, my sin is lesser than yours scenario.
Nigerians, just the way cult followers of Bubu and Gej no ṣee them as doing wrong. Let's continue enjoying 9ja cruise
Re: Nigeria’s Ordinary President’: BBC Reporter Says Life Under Threat, Calls For He by Nicklaus619(m): 11:04am On May 24, 2021
DropsMic:

Aswear God go really punish many people because of this very case, how can someone tie the hand and leg of a six years old, poured kerosene on her head and set it ablaze, they are here saying allegedly, what kinda fuckery is that

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fear Grips Asaba Residents / Why We Igbos Must Purge Ourselves From This Money Worshipping Virus / In A Bid To Mordenize Nairaland, I'm Officially Offering Seun 500m For This Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.