Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Decency In Kate's Wedding Appearance - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Decency In Kate's Wedding Appearance (14040 Views)

Kate Henshaw At Toolz And Tunde's Wedding (Photos) / Kate Henshaw Remembers JT Tom West / Fan Surprises Kate Henshaw At The Gym (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Decency In Kate's Wedding Appearance by rully2: 12:01pm On May 03, 2011
I think how revealing one's wedding dress gets, is a matter of choice. Kate is married into a royal family, where there is a strict guide as to what she wears, how she wears it, infact everything she does, so she has no choice but to be modest as a bride, besides she is a role model now.

As for Nigerian brides, seriously, i'll say its too bad the way some of our brides reveal their stuffs, it should be a sacred day, God's own ordained and it should be observed as such. I also think most make up artist also need to do an extra lesson on ''bridal'' makes ups. A bride should look like an innocent maiden and not like she's going for a costume party. but then its a free world smiley
Re: Decency In Kate's Wedding Appearance by klear(f): 1:11pm On May 03, 2011
@ poster, Its all about choice, if a bride decides 2 expose her assets wats your biz?, If her husband is nt perturbed Y should u? so Kip your eyes away 4rm her chest  grin tongue & concentrate on d wedding ceremonies after all dey r nt in your face tongue.  U r free 2 dictate 2 your wife when she is choosing her wedding gown. On d other hand, I'v seen brides dat look well put 2geda witout b00bs all over d place so me tinks d good balances out d bad. Personally i would kip my stuff under my gown ( wia dey r meant 2 b ) away 4rm laser eyes cos dey r nt a side attraction.
Re: Decency In Kate's Wedding Appearance by Bisijohn: 4:25pm On May 03, 2011
I think the way Kate dressed should be the pattern brides should dress on their wedding day. There should be modesty in all things. The bride should see herself as Queen, and not as harlot that the dress often portrays.

I once attended a wedding, in which the bride of the day dressed well in the church,but removed the top during reception. I was shocked to see her body full of terrible skin rashes. I was then wondering why she choosed to remove her top. Indeed, it was an eye sores, and i felt ashamed for the husband. People should change their orientation.
Re: Decency In Kate's Wedding Appearance by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:27pm On May 03, 2011
How can a body be "full of rabies"

Did you go to school?
Re: Decency In Kate's Wedding Appearance by ragdollz: 12:11am On May 04, 2011
Gosh you guys should chill out ok!! Kate already told us she decided to go easy on her looks for the wedding because "she wanted William to recognise her when he saw her""!! I guess she felt too much make up or bling will make him not see her as the girl he fell in love with. She could have gone all glamour to please the hungry viewers (like me grin grin) who love a bit of glitz --- but she chose to look simple to appeal to her simple groom. Can't you see the guy is like his father and has no swagger grin grin grin. Kai, if Diana was alive cry cry cry cry
Re: Decency In Kate's Wedding Appearance by otukpo(f): 3:36pm On May 04, 2011
I admired her gown.

That the wedding day is the bride's day does not mean she shld dress to irritate her guests.
Re: Decency In Kate's Wedding Appearance by Natasha2(f): 11:54pm On May 04, 2011
its like you guys have forgotten deeper life women oh the last time I checked they are also Nigerian ladies so I don't understand this topic oh its not every one Nigerian lady that expose their body for their wedding and deeper life women are a proof of that grin
Re: Decency In Kate's Wedding Appearance by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:19am On May 05, 2011
Natasha,,:

its like you guys have forgotten deeper life women oh the last time I checked they are also Nigerian ladies so I don't understand this topic oh its not every one Nigerian lady that expose their body for their wedding and deeper life women are a proof of that grin

Naija churches period dont allow exposure, dont know why people are lying but obviousy NL cant survive without these homosexuals trying to insult Naija women.
Re: Decency In Kate's Wedding Appearance by spikedcylinder: 2:47pm On May 05, 2011
I guess I'm alone. I really didn't fancy the gown.
Everyone's going on and on about how elegant it was how oh la la it was but I'm not impressed. I do like the fact that she used a British designer though. That is all. undecided
Re: Decency In Kate's Wedding Appearance by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:52pm On May 05, 2011
LOL Spikey. Luckily that lame backandforth ended up boring me grin

spikedcylinder:

Everyone's going on and on about how elegant it was how oh la la it was but I'm not impressed. I do like the fact that she used a British designer though. That is all. undecided

what didnt you like about it? I mean where you expecting to see her in something completely different?
Re: Decency In Kate's Wedding Appearance by spikedcylinder: 2:55pm On May 05, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

LOL Spikey. Luckily that lame backandforth ended up boring me grin

what didnt you like about it? I mean where you expecting to see her in something completely different?

Lol! O daaa be.

I just didn't see it as elegant as people were saying jare. I imagine if it was posh marrying a prince. Na die e go be!
Re: Decency In Kate's Wedding Appearance by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:02pm On May 05, 2011
spikedcylinder:

Lol! O daaa be.

I just didn't see it as elegant as people were saying jare. I imagine if it was posh marrying a prince. Na die e go be!

I doubt it cos even she was subdued at the wedding. My sister was hghly disappointed in Posh lOL. Thing is Im sure if it were up to Kate she would have done a form fkttng guy, I get that vibe from her and majority of her normal clothes but since she's now a royal, she knows she cant get away with such. The dress Pippa wore was supposed to be Kate's reception gown, but when she tried it on it's reported that she yelled "omg its too sexy. too sexy for the palace" and wanted to return it and Pippa decided to take it instead

So I'd say for the type of wedding/audience, she picked the right choice and looked good. Shame she's so obsessed with heavy eyeliner though. Makes her look much older
Re: Decency In Kate's Wedding Appearance by spikedcylinder: 4:07pm On May 05, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

I doubt it cos even she was subdued at the wedding. My sister was hghly disappointed in Posh lOL. Thing is Im sure if it were up to Kate she would have done a form fkttng guy, I get that vibe from her and majority of her normal clothes but since she's now a royal, she knows she cant get away with such. The dress Pippa wore was supposed to be Kate's reception gown, but when she tried it on it's reported that she yelled "omg its too sexy. too sexy for the palace" and wanted to return it and Pippa decided to take it instead

So I'd say for the type of wedding/audience, she picked the right choice and looked good. Shame she's so obsessed with heavy eyeliner though. Makes her look much older

It's easy to forget posh was preggers in those photos. I thought she looked quite good. Dave on the other hand looked yummy. First time I'd ever admit to him being good looking.

I didn't know the trivia on Pippa's dress but I'm getting rather annoyed at how the British press are referring to her bum like it is the mother of all bums. That inverted thing. angry
Re: Decency In Kate's Wedding Appearance by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:35pm On May 05, 2011
David is always yummy!!! grin kiss

and yea dont see any arse. but you know to them any presence of arse on a white female is "almighty arse"
Re: Decency In Kate's Wedding Appearance by Natasha2(f): 8:37pm On May 05, 2011
spikedcylinder:

Everyone's going on and on about how elegant it was how oh la la it was but I'm not impressed. I do like the fact that she used a British designer though. That is all.  undecided

wow me to I just refused to say it before someone calls me ''hater'' lolz I didn't fancy the gown, after all the secrecy and all that, that was what they came up with  undecided
Re: Decency In Kate's Wedding Appearance by tpia5: 8:51pm On May 05, 2011
the gown was ok.

it looked like the queen's gown at her own wedding.

http://www.fashion-era.com/images/SocialHistory/queenphilwd.jpg

the media also compared it to grace kelly's gown but i dont know- maybe.
Re: Decency In Kate's Wedding Appearance by tpia5: 8:55pm On May 05, 2011
ok, they might have a point.

grace kelly and kate:

Re: Decency In Kate's Wedding Appearance by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:24am On May 06, 2011
Both are beautiful

Not sure why people are expecting some crazy gown considering how conservative the Royal Family is.
Re: Decency In Kate's Wedding Appearance by spikedcylinder: 12:59pm On May 06, 2011
Hmmm, I see he similarity to the Grace Kelly dress.
Re: Decency In Kate's Wedding Appearance by NuaAchebe: 10:33pm On May 11, 2011
I think that Sarah Burton did a great job with her gown. But I would have liked it if it were more traditional.
Re: Decency In Kate's Wedding Appearance by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:40am On May 12, 2011
what is "more traditional"?
Re: Decency In Kate's Wedding Appearance by Nobody: 10:38pm On May 18, 2011
lonely dude so d vips or visitors have neva sin breast in dia lives or dia wives r breastless tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue retenda oshi asd long as my hubby is kul wit me flauntin his pproerty to show d world wot asset his wife has,am kul wit dat grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Decency In Kate's Wedding Appearance by Rosane: 11:45pm On May 18, 2011
pls the pictures

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Is The Most Handsome Nigerian Music Artiste (male)? / Beautiful Pictures Of Jaiye Kuti, Husband And Children / 30 Vintage Crime Scenes Brought To Life With Coloring (Gore Lovers)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.