Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,994 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

30 Persons Kidnapped In Gauraka, Niger As Protesters Block Abuja-Kaduna Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 30 Persons Kidnapped In Gauraka, Niger As Protesters Block Abuja-Kaduna Road (53405 Views)

Photos Of Slain Bandits Off Abuja-Kaduna Road (Graphic) / #RevolutionNow Protesters Block Abuja Airport Road / Irate Youths Burn Police Station In Niger, Block Abuja-kaduna Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

30 Persons Kidnapped In Gauraka, Niger As Protesters Block Abuja-Kaduna Road by lalasticlala(m): 12:49pm On May 24, 2021
Some members of Gauraka community, Tafa LGA, Niger state, on Monday morning blocked Abuja-Kaduna highway to protest the series of abductions in the community.

Gauraka community is located along Abuja-Kaduna highway.

The protesters halted movement of traffic on the highway while burning tyres to create a scene.

The community is protesting the abduction of some residents by gunmen.

They said about 30 persons from the community are currently in kidnappers’ den, and that their abductors are demanding a huge ransom.

The protesters said they embarked on the action to call the attention of the relevant authorities to their plight after gunmen invaded the community on Monday around 1:00 am and abducted 15 persons.

Speaking during the protest, a member of the community who identified himself as Hassan Hassan said the gunmen invaded the community around 1:17am and abducted 15 persons.

He said they decided to protest to ask the government to come to their rescue in Niger state.

“At exactly 1:17am in the morning, I heard a gunshot. I had to quickly close my windows because they were opened. I told my people at home to be calm,” he said.

“I went to my toilet to see what was happening. I saw that the gunmen were taking my neighbour with his two children. One is 10 years old and the second is 8 years old.

“They operated till around 1:51am. Around 2:15am, the army came to our rescue. Some of us came out to see those who were kidnapped. We discovered that they have kidnapped about 15 persons and cut the two hands and ear of one woman who was carrying a baby.

“This is not the first time. This is not the second time. We just want to know if we are safe in this country and Nigeria.”

Another member of the community, who identified himself as Dare said last Thursday the gunmen kidnapped four persons in the community and that they are demanding a N10 million ransom.

He said when the community informed a nearby police station about the incident, they were told that there was no ammunition and vehicle to repel the attack.

https://www.thecable.ng/protesters-block-abuja-kaduna-road-over-abduction-of-30-persons-by-gunmen/amp

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 30 Persons Kidnapped In Gauraka, Niger As Protesters Block Abuja-Kaduna Road by Kayceo2010: 12:49pm On May 24, 2021
wink
Re: 30 Persons Kidnapped In Gauraka, Niger As Protesters Block Abuja-Kaduna Road by Mokason288(m): 12:51pm On May 24, 2021
BUHARI IS WORKING WITH FULANI HERDSMEN TO TAKE OVER NIGERIA

GOV ORTOM

239 Likes 17 Shares

Re: 30 Persons Kidnapped In Gauraka, Niger As Protesters Block Abuja-Kaduna Road by PlayMaker14: 12:51pm On May 24, 2021
Seems they're just waking up....

This bad character was what GEJ administration tried to change by building world class Almajiri schools for them and also helping them to crumble the root cause of Insecurity bewildering their region, but out of their useless political sentiments and hatred, they chased GEJ and enthroned the chief demon called Buhari....

Henceforth, whatever happens in the North, let it remain in the North.

355 Likes 20 Shares

Re: 30 Persons Kidnapped In Gauraka, Niger As Protesters Block Abuja-Kaduna Road by Tolexander: 12:51pm On May 24, 2021
The kidnappers are gradually closing in and getting near Abuja.

Baba is still inside Aso Rock sleeping

117 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 30 Persons Kidnapped In Gauraka, Niger As Protesters Block Abuja-Kaduna Road by Omihanifa: 12:51pm On May 24, 2021
The bandits are moving into Abuja gradually undecided

This guaraka is just 15 mins drive to kubwa and less than 20 mins drive to gwarimpa so it's safe to say that there's fire on the mountain and it's just a matter of time before the big invasion

And the funniest thing is that there's an army barrack ( ZUMA BARRACKS) and a mobile police unit Very close to where this incident happened undecided

It's has now gotten so bad that bandits drag people out of their homes and take them away

188 Likes 14 Shares

Re: 30 Persons Kidnapped In Gauraka, Niger As Protesters Block Abuja-Kaduna Road by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 24, 2021
Nigeria is imploding before our eyes!
Happenings like this have become a norm since the people we elected into power have proven to be utterly useless.
Where Buhari has shown beyond doubts that his administration is clueless and impotent, a revolution is imminent.
Watch and see.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 30 Persons Kidnapped In Gauraka, Niger As Protesters Block Abuja-Kaduna Road by Ay77(m): 12:56pm On May 24, 2021
The North is safe

Lie Mohammed 2020

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 30 Persons Kidnapped In Gauraka, Niger As Protesters Block Abuja-Kaduna Road by NwaNimo1(m): 12:56pm On May 24, 2021

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30 Persons Kidnapped In Gauraka, Niger As Protesters Block Abuja-Kaduna Road by Nobody: 12:57pm On May 24, 2021
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 30 Persons Kidnapped In Gauraka, Niger As Protesters Block Abuja-Kaduna Road by AmuAwusa: 12:58pm On May 24, 2021
Hmm... angry

1 Like

Re: 30 Persons Kidnapped In Gauraka, Niger As Protesters Block Abuja-Kaduna Road by chukwuibuipob: 12:58pm On May 24, 2021
sad
Re: 30 Persons Kidnapped In Gauraka, Niger As Protesters Block Abuja-Kaduna Road by ivolt: 12:58pm On May 24, 2021
Those are favorite kidnappers.
You need special permits to confront them.

12 Likes

Re: 30 Persons Kidnapped In Gauraka, Niger As Protesters Block Abuja-Kaduna Road by foeedaba: 12:58pm On May 24, 2021
chai
Re: 30 Persons Kidnapped In Gauraka, Niger As Protesters Block Abuja-Kaduna Road by DDDEnterprises: 12:58pm On May 24, 2021
Youthboard5647:
I don't know when this kidnapping will stop because am even afraid now

Fear still dey catch you upon all we don face for this country?

Well, truth be told, fear dey catch me too. embarassed

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30 Persons Kidnapped In Gauraka, Niger As Protesters Block Abuja-Kaduna Road by SenecaTheYonger: 12:58pm On May 24, 2021
PDP trying to raise funds for next election through ransome since Bubu and his coronies have blocked every of avenue for them.
Re: 30 Persons Kidnapped In Gauraka, Niger As Protesters Block Abuja-Kaduna Road by WhatCanIsay(m): 12:58pm On May 24, 2021
A zombified mummy just commented above...handle it with care.

Why can't the FG use the same force being applied in the East to those kidnappers? Or is there a reason for the kid groves the government treat them with? DSS knows only how to hit the soft spots, but when it comes to the root of the division in this country, they become either seriously incompetent, or else they are working hand in hand with those agents of terrorism.

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 30 Persons Kidnapped In Gauraka, Niger As Protesters Block Abuja-Kaduna Road by kilmot: 12:59pm On May 24, 2021
It's not well.

Wahala just be like govt project, e no dey finish.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: 30 Persons Kidnapped In Gauraka, Niger As Protesters Block Abuja-Kaduna Road by Lanre4uonly(m): 12:59pm On May 24, 2021
This is serious.
Re: 30 Persons Kidnapped In Gauraka, Niger As Protesters Block Abuja-Kaduna Road by hopevalley: 12:59pm On May 24, 2021
This is a very good development. Nigeria is very sick. Check out my signature if you want to go into export business business.

1 Like

Re: 30 Persons Kidnapped In Gauraka, Niger As Protesters Block Abuja-Kaduna Road by Felabrity: 12:59pm On May 24, 2021
I will blame the Government for the rise of kidnapping case across the country

They are smiling at bandits and kidnappers

Bandits even have a speaker, Gumi

If this Government want to be really serious, they should start giving any captured bandit/kidnapper a death penalty and stop paying goddam ransom, else this is just the beginning

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30 Persons Kidnapped In Gauraka, Niger As Protesters Block Abuja-Kaduna Road by jchioma: 12:59pm On May 24, 2021
Hmmm! Nigeria, we wail thee!
These kidnappers are truly having a field day. Just imagine! 30 persons in one swoop. That could fetch them as much as 100 million naira.
See why there may be no end to the spate of kidnapping in Nigeria. Some people in collaboration with the security may be cashing out big time. Because I don't see how or why the security forces cannot be proactive enough to stem this ugly tide.

“They operated till around 1:51am. Around 2:15am, the army came to our rescue. Some of us came out to see those who were kidnapped. We discovered that they have kidnapped about 15 persons and cut the two hands and ear of one woman who was carrying a baby.
“This is not the first time. This is not the second time. We just want to know if we are safe in this country and Nigeria.”

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30 Persons Kidnapped In Gauraka, Niger As Protesters Block Abuja-Kaduna Road by wman(m): 1:00pm On May 24, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:
PDP trying to raise funds for next election through ransome since Bubu and his coronies have blocked every of avenue for them.

You are foolish

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30 Persons Kidnapped In Gauraka, Niger As Protesters Block Abuja-Kaduna Road by Nobody: 1:00pm On May 24, 2021
angry.. Sheikh Gumi ! Where you

1 Like

Re: 30 Persons Kidnapped In Gauraka, Niger As Protesters Block Abuja-Kaduna Road by frog12: 1:00pm On May 24, 2021
PMB is asleep as the houses around him dey burn. hahahahahahah

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Who May Become First Black British PM / Buhari Will Reduce Fuel Price To N40 Per Litre — David-West / Buhari Completes The First Phase Of The 764 Housing Units In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.