Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,663 members, 7,851,258 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:59 PM

Why You Should Dump Your Android Phone Now - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why You Should Dump Your Android Phone Now (3280 Views)

Qualcomm's First Ever Android Phone Now Available For Pre Order / Guys Did You Know That You Can Buy Any Mobile Phone Now And Pay Later? / 6 Features Of The Galaxy Note 8 That Will Make You Dump Your Iphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Dump Your Android Phone Now by Toyinig(m): 12:42am On May 26, 2021
Sodeeqadio112:
No lies...
Android phones are made to disintegrate over time. That's why you keep buying a new one over and over again...

Contact me for all your graphic design needs
(Flyer, logo, banner design, social media ad design, website (UI/UX) and others)
WhatsApp: 07083666935

You valid��
Re: Why You Should Dump Your Android Phone Now by Toyinig(m): 12:42am On May 26, 2021
Khd95:
iphone slave spotted

you buy iphone 12 this year, year never finish iphone 13 go come out, the only difference will be the camera pixel and sizes, and or that their pro max, xxmas, etc grin

please dont wipe me infinix charger, na joke i dey joke with you

Noted.
Re: Why You Should Dump Your Android Phone Now by Toyinig(m): 12:45am On May 26, 2021
Elxandre:
An Android phone is not built to last?
Who sent you to buy itel or infinix?
And no an iPhone is not 3X faster than a ln Android.
The era of hanging is far away, unless you use a budget device maybe. But you forget iPhones don't make budget hardware, so how would you expect it to hang like crap?
Even a 2015 Flagship Android will not hang like a dirt cheap Tecno device made in 2020.

The only reason you could legitimately offer is the longevity of the OS updates but Flagship Androids are catching up with 3 years of updates. Noteworthy to mention Androids are already so mature feature-wise that iOS is only still catching up to even arguably android 9.

iPhones are still stuck with 20w charging and 60HZ refresh displays in 2021. How shocking. And you talk about "being better"?
Scrolling is even noticeably slower on the supposedly faster iPhone

Let's face it, Nigerians only love iPhones because it's a status boost. I'm sure we've all seen people accessing a social media user's status by his "sent from iPhone" stamp. grin

For instance, Nigerians love sharing files since there's a bottleneck on data usage but it's so restricted on iOS. And you tell me it's really loveable?
You can't even copy data easily from a computer and you talk about productivity? shocked

Not to mention buying apps on the app store that are free on playstore.

About the camera, I disagree with regular photos.
You want to tell me the S21 ultra wouldn't shoot comparable or even superior photos in some scenarios? Don't kid yourself.

I'll end by saying it's just a mobile phone, and just buy what you like.

Quite enlightening

Just that you skipped the part where 7 in 10 ‘Samsung Enthusiasts’ switch to iPhones.

And Samsung Ambassadors prefer to use iPhones too

Do your own research.

Cheers!!
Re: Why You Should Dump Your Android Phone Now by Toyinig(m): 12:46am On May 26, 2021
Minjim:
I've been using this Redmi 6 for over 2 years now. It has fallen countless times and I've never taken it for repair.

Even the cheap Symbian phones of the early 2000 don't last me this long

Great one
Re: Why You Should Dump Your Android Phone Now by Toyinig(m): 12:46am On May 26, 2021
Mastakija:
You don use iphone6 b4 and the screen no break grin

I guess it broke out of the blue
Re: Why You Should Dump Your Android Phone Now by Toyinig(m): 12:48am On May 26, 2021
LordJoffrey:
Dude, you need to broaden your horizon. You think iphones are the best? Clearly you've never used a oneplus or Asus or Samsung or Xiaomi phone. You're talking about charging port, how many android phones have you actually seen that have issues with their charging ports and are not transsion products?
You're saying iphones are good because they have high storage capacities, so samsung phones, xiaomi, oppo, Asus, oneplus phones do not have high storage capacities?

The truth is that you've been brainwashed and you're just following the wisdom of the crowd. I can bet anything you decided to buy that iphone not because you really loved the specs but because people are always hyping it and you too wanna know how it feels to be an iphone user and who the hell makes a phone with a poor 2815 mAh battery and decides to sell it for hundreds of dollars? That's just stupid

Interesting

Tell me more
Re: Why You Should Dump Your Android Phone Now by Toyinig(m): 12:50am On May 26, 2021
Benstino:
When you buy an iPhone 5,whilst you're surrounded by friends with cheap tecno and infinix devices. I understand your mentality and reasoning, though it sucks.

My ordinary redmi note 4 from 2017 is still kicking well, with no repairs.

You just wanna be relevant. That's so bad

Oh come on,relevance?

Not undermining your Redmi

Just talking about an all in one Phone

Thank you
Re: Why You Should Dump Your Android Phone Now by Toyinig(m): 12:51am On May 26, 2021
femi4:
My Android is over 5 yrs and still running smoothly.

You can't go wrong with Sammy

Definitely
Re: Why You Should Dump Your Android Phone Now by Toyinig(m): 12:51am On May 26, 2021
Sirgchamp:
If you want to use android use Samsung. Not infinix or techno

Noted.
Re: Why You Should Dump Your Android Phone Now by Toyinig(m): 12:52am On May 26, 2021
Efisko1:

Na dey ba3 capacity dey vex me pass for dey phone

Not saying Apple can’t do better

But they’ve considerably improved...
Re: Why You Should Dump Your Android Phone Now by Toyinig(m): 12:58am On May 26, 2021
I have gone through your replies

It would be Callous not to make things clear

This is not meant to undermine any Android Brand of sorts

Never...

I don’t do that

Infact I respect some innovations in those Brands

I simply talked about an ALL IN ONE Phone

Well,nothing is perfect though

Thank you.
Re: Why You Should Dump Your Android Phone Now by Elxandre(m): 1:06am On May 26, 2021
Toyinig:

Quite enlightening

Just that you skipped the part where 7 in 10 ‘Samsung Enthusiasts’ switch to iPhones.

And Samsung Ambassadors prefer to use iPhones too

Do your own research.

Cheers!!
Mind you there are a lot of reasons.
Apple is has this perception of luxury, so who would be likely to use Apple devices if not celebrities who pursue luxury?
Imessage is also more popular than whatsapp in America for instance so its normal for people to gravitate towards Iphones.

I was talking about Nigeria anyways.
A lot of People who use iPhones here can't even pay for apple music nor Netflix etc, and they have to go through more painful processes to get videos/music downloaded and working perfectly.
Lets not pretend that a Samsung wouldn't be more functional for these people.
I once saw a young lad playing music on xender app on his iPhone. This is way less functional than a traditional music app for instance. You sha get my point. Popular never means better.
I remember the craze for Blackberry devices back in the day when the only meaningful thing it had was bbm and was significantly inferior to a Symbian device but people gobbled it up anyways.
Re: Why You Should Dump Your Android Phone Now by Toyinig(m): 5:01pm On May 26, 2021
Elxandre:

Mind you there are a lot of reasons.
Apple is has this perception of luxury, so who would be likely to use Apple devices if not celebrities who pursue luxury?
Imessage is also more popular than whatsapp in America for instance so its normal for people to gravitate towards Iphones.

I was talking about Nigeria anyways.
A lot of People who use iPhones here can't even pay for apple music nor Netflix etc, and they have to go through more painful processes to get videos/music downloaded and working perfectly.
Lets not pretend that a Samsung wouldn't be more functional for these people.
I once saw a young lad playing music on xender app on his iPhone. This is way less functional than a traditional music app for instance. You sha get my point. Popular never means better.
I remember the craze for Blackberry devices back in the day when the only meaningful thing it had was bbm and was significantly inferior to a Symbian device but people gobbled it up anyways.

I understand your Point quite alright

BUT can I ask you this question....

What do people buy more?

Their Needs or WANTS.
Re: Why You Should Dump Your Android Phone Now by Elxandre(m): 5:05pm On May 26, 2021
Toyinig:

I understand your Point quite alright

BUT can I ask you this question....

What do people buy more?

Their Needs or WANTS.

Their wants. People desiring something for it's trendiness doesn't make it better!
Re: Why You Should Dump Your Android Phone Now by Toyinig(m): 5:56pm On May 26, 2021
Elxandre:

Their wants. People desiring something for it's trendiness doesn't make it better!

God bless you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lenovo Makes Exact Copy Of Iphone 6 Design / Tecno W2 For Sale Still Neat #20k Negotiable / Nigerians And The Fingerprint Sensor Wahala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.