Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,598 members, 7,816,482 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

What Do You Guys Think About China--~~~~~~~~ - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Do You Guys Think About China--~~~~~~~~ (1415 Views)

Wanna Go To Ghana To Hustle, What Do U Guys Think Abt It / Ask Any Questions About China, Taiwan , Hongkong Etc / =N=650,000 Ecobank 2010 World Cup Package (what Do U Guys Think?) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Guys Think About China--~~~~~~~~ by michael19: 6:37pm On Apr 29, 2011
I am a chinese from shanghai
cheesy

Yesterday I found this intersting forum

Are here all Nigerian people
??
How do you think shanghai?
Re: What Do You Guys Think About China--~~~~~~~~ by chelseabmw(m): 8:32pm On Apr 29, 2011
Hmm. . . .Yes,we nigerians tend to love any WHITE grin Skin
Chinese people are cool but there are lots of racist there cry cry cry cry cry

I love them generally but dont like their food(FROG SNAKES etc)
Re: What Do You Guys Think About China--~~~~~~~~ by lordizak(m): 10:52pm On Apr 29, 2011
your papa nyash, u no well that's welcome in nigeria.
Re: What Do You Guys Think About China--~~~~~~~~ by michael19: 4:25am On Apr 30, 2011
Hmm. . . .Yes,we nigerians tend to love any WHITE Skin
Chinese people are cool but there are lots of racist there

Oh MY god , we chinese people are racist?? This is the first time I heard this standpoint
It is now 21th century.We have seen many foreigners in our city.It was not 30 years ago that the old gengerations never saw the people of different color.Four of my teachers in university are foreigners.RacistI never heard about it.Although we are all called Chinese,but we are totally different.For instance,the frog and snakes you mentioned,we shanghaiese don't eat them.It is the people in another city of china,Guangdong,that eat frog ,snakes and even dogs.These food are nauseated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Guys Think About China--~~~~~~~~ by michael19: 4:39am On Apr 30, 2011
By the way, I really admire you guys whose native language is English

Learning english is totally disaster smiley
Re: What Do You Guys Think About China--~~~~~~~~ by justwise(m): 9:27am On Apr 30, 2011
michael19:

By the way, I really admire you guys whose native language is English

Learning english is totally disaster smiley

But your written English is not bad, it will get better and better as you go.
Re: What Do You Guys Think About China--~~~~~~~~ by AjanleKoko: 10:40am On Apr 30, 2011
Shanghai is fantastic.
Most modern Chinese city by a mile. I visited during the Expo and it was awesome. Hope to take my family up there sometime.
Shanghai Metro is the best I have seen anywhere. Then the Express, from Pudong to the city centre? 430km/hr. The fastest ten minutes on the ground I have ever traveled.

I also went to the top of the Financial Centre (SWFC), and spent time tasting tea and shopping in the Old City.
Sorry I can't post personal pictures here.
Re: What Do You Guys Think About China--~~~~~~~~ by Katsumoto: 9:19pm On Apr 30, 2011
chelseabmw:

Hmm. . . .Yes,we nigerians tend to love any WHITE grin Skin
Chinese people are cool but there are lots of racist there cry cry cry cry cry

It is difficult to say with all certainty that Chinese people are racists. They are generally suspicious of foreigners due to certain events in their history. In my time there, I had no bad experiences just funny ones. But I certainly preferred Shanghai to other places, including Beijing. The first time I went to Yuyuan gardens (one of the attractions in Shanghai), I felt like a star because many chinese people asked to take pictures with me. I couldn't walk for a minute without someone wanting to take a picture. I guess many had never seen a man with dark features before. There was a man who asked if his son could touch me. lol
Re: What Do You Guys Think About China--~~~~~~~~ by Nobody: 9:25pm On Apr 30, 2011
Ni hao ma? Its nice to see this post,learn a lil of chinese i.e (Pin Yin) and needed someone to learn me more, Anyway i hope to visit there someday but right now na America i dey hope for oooooo
Re: What Do You Guys Think About China--~~~~~~~~ by AjanleKoko: 9:50pm On Apr 30, 2011
Katsumoto:

But I certainly preferred Shanghai to other places, including Beijing. The first time I went to Yuyuan gardens (one of the attractions in Shanghai), I felt like a star because many chinese people asked to take pictures with me. I couldn't walk for a minute without someone wanting to take a picture. I guess many had never seen a man with dark features before. There was a man who asked if his son could touch me. lol

So true. In Beijing and Shenzen, everywhere i went, people were jostling to take pictures.
I think mainland Chinese people don't really see black people much, except in Guanghzhou where Nigerians abound.
Yuyuan gardens, huh? Nice place, traditional Chinese stuff like the 10 thousand tower something (I forget!)
Did you do the restaurants? I went to this place, Dolar Shop or something its called. You get to cook your own meal, with your own little stove. Chinese are great at dining out and alfresco. I wonder if anybody eats at home in China.
Re: What Do You Guys Think About China--~~~~~~~~ by Katsumoto: 10:25pm On Apr 30, 2011
AjanleKoko:

So true. In Beijing and Shenzen, everywhere i went, people were jostling to take pictures.
I think mainland Chinese people don't really see black people much, except in Guanghzhou where Nigerians abound.
Yuyuan gardens, huh? Nice place, traditional Chinese stuff like the 10 thousand tower something (I forget!)
Did you do the restaurants? I went to this place, Dolar Shop or something its called. You get to cook your own meal, with your own little stove. Chinese are great at dining out and alfresco. I wonder if anybody eats at home in China.

I had that experience in many places but I always refer to my first experience. lol
Yes I did the restaurants; I wasn't too pleased bout the Dolar shop (forgot the name) as I don't like to cook my own food in a restaurant but my friends wanted to, so I went along. Did you eat in the local restaurants (like naija bukas)? Their meals are healthier than meals served in restaurants. They do eat at home; very communal. There is a lot about China that foreigners don't see unless you have an insider who isn't a life-long city dweller.
Re: What Do You Guys Think About China--~~~~~~~~ by AjanleKoko: 10:31pm On Apr 30, 2011
Katsumoto:

I had that experience in many places but I always refer to my first experience. lol
Yes I did the restaurants; I wasn't too pleased bout the Dolar shop (forgot the name) as I don't like to cook my own food in a restaurant but my friends wanted to, so I went along. Did you eat in the local restaurants (like naija bukas)? Their meals are healthier than meals served in restaurants. They do eat at home; very communal. There is a lot about China that foreigners don't see unless you have an insider who isn't a life-long city dweller.

Yeah, those local restaurants with all these little rooms for like VIP customers. I wonder what it is with Chinese and round tables.
Their meals are great. Ironically, you'll never run into anything like chop suey, chicken friend rice, or chow mein in China. I was served dishes from the north, south, east and west of China everyday. The culinary experience is great.

The countryside (villages) are so rustic, clean, peaceful and serene. I went to a village just outside Chungking, to visit an old friend. You feel like you just stepped into some old Chinese movie. Everybody is friendly, quiet, and has one thing or the other to show you about their village or city. It was a great experience, one I won't forget in a hurry.
Re: What Do You Guys Think About China--~~~~~~~~ by Katsumoto: 10:41pm On Apr 30, 2011
AjanleKoko:

Yeah, those local restaurants with all these little rooms for like VIP customers. I wonder what it is with Chinese and round tables.
Their meals are great. Ironically, you'll never run into anything like chop suey, chicken friend rice, or chow mein in China. I was served dishes from the north, south, east and west of China everyday. The culinary experience is great.

The countryside (villages) are so rustic, clean, peaceful and serene. I went to a village just outside Chungking, to visit an old friend. You feel like you just stepped into some old Chinese movie. Everybody is friendly, quiet, and has one thing or the other to show you about their village or city. It was a great experience, one I won't forget in a hurry.

Your comment brought back certain memories. I still go to Shanghai but I haven't had to visit the countryside since my first visit. I am glad I commented on this thread
Re: What Do You Guys Think About China--~~~~~~~~ by sexylogan(m): 8:51am On May 01, 2011
communist chinese with their fake auto spare parts and flat a$$es
Re: What Do You Guys Think About China--~~~~~~~~ by chelseabmw(m): 1:41pm On May 04, 2011
gezzzz. . . . . .I was just saying what i have seen. . .just to let u guys know that 90% of chinese in nigeria are based in benin. . .They are just too spoilt and i love them for that grin grin grin grin[color=#000099][/color]

(1) (Reply)

Hw Am I Going To Cope In Australia? / Ever Wondered About Airport Codes & Their Meanings? / How To Make Money As An International Student Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.