Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Why Do Judges Break The Nib Of Their Pen After Pronouncing A Death Sentence - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Do Judges Break The Nib Of Their Pen After Pronouncing A Death Sentence (592 Views)

Why Do Judges Destroy Their Pen After Pronouncing A Death Sentence?? / CJN Bars Judges From Uploading Personal Pictures On Social Media / Ladies Shouldn't Be Allowed To Be Judges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Judges Break The Nib Of Their Pen After Pronouncing A Death Sentence by raphretle: 7:18am On May 26, 2021
Please do you have any idea about this...
Re: Why Do Judges Break The Nib Of Their Pen After Pronouncing A Death Sentence by Pierocash(m): 7:44am On May 26, 2021
That pen can never be used for another purpose anymore
Re: Why Do Judges Break The Nib Of Their Pen After Pronouncing A Death Sentence by Generalissimo75(m): 7:45am On May 26, 2021
After signing the death sentence, a judge breaks the nib of the pen because he does not want to reuse the pen as it has signalled the end of a life. ... Breaking the nib is a symbolic act. It is done so that the pen which signed the person's life away will never be used to do that ever again.
Re: Why Do Judges Break The Nib Of Their Pen After Pronouncing A Death Sentence by brodalikeme(m): 7:47am On May 26, 2021
The pen has to die too nah. Na good work e do? E don finish work be that.
Having signed or indicated the end of a life, the nib is broken so that the pen cannot be reuse.
Re: Why Do Judges Break The Nib Of Their Pen After Pronouncing A Death Sentence by Opak001(m): 10:54am On May 26, 2021
How many of oun don use pen ink finish abeg

(1) (Reply)

My Company Has Refused To Remit My Pension After Deduction For More Than One Yea / The Career That Gives Me 400k In A Month Without Any Interview / I Feel Rejected, No Job And I Cannot Start Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.