Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,273 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

Why Would A Bride Price Run Into 300k, 500k And Some Over A Million - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Would A Bride Price Run Into 300k, 500k And Some Over A Million (819 Views)

I’m A Bride Waiting To Be Dressed Up - Silekunola Naomi / N1M Bride Price List Including 10k For Father's Cigarette, 20K Bush Meat, Others / Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Would A Bride Price Run Into 300k, 500k And Some Over A Million by Daily4mative: 8:36pm On May 26, 2021
In Nigeria it is common to see women who are fully ripe for marriage but are still single because men in their life can't afford to pay the exorbitant price tag placed on their bride price by the family. Also we have seen cases of women marrying old men instead of the ones their heart yearns for just because they cant afford the bride price.

Following this, it is important to know some Ethnic Group in Nigeria with Cheapest Bride Price. It is sad that in today's world most family in Nigeria still see marriage as a way to cope with poverty but they will forever tell you its their tradition. To cut this short, we want to see our men and women getting married to the ones they love and this is why we want to list some ethnic group in Nigeria with cheapest bride price.

Below are top ethnic groups with cheapest bride price in Nigeria

YORUBA
HAUSA MUSLIMS
FULANI TRIBE
KAGORO TRIBE
URHOBO TRIBE
ESAN TRIBE
EDO (BINI) TRIBE
ONITSHA
ITSEKIRI TRIBE
TIV TRIBE

The full bride price list can be seen here
Re: Why Would A Bride Price Run Into 300k, 500k And Some Over A Million by Xscape1993(m): 8:38pm On May 26, 2021
Poverty mentality is behind this
Re: Why Would A Bride Price Run Into 300k, 500k And Some Over A Million by Daily4mative: 8:40pm On May 26, 2021
Seriously this is a bad one. But do you think if it is not tradition such would still hold?
Xscape1993:
Poverty mentality is behind this
Re: Why Would A Bride Price Run Into 300k, 500k And Some Over A Million by Augla1: 8:47pm On May 26, 2021
Because yiu never get your own daughter and you are broke same time :
Re: Why Would A Bride Price Run Into 300k, 500k And Some Over A Million by Taich(m): 8:52pm On May 26, 2021
I don't agree with your submission that high bride price is the reason why so many are unmarried. When two people are in love and wants to stay together forever, they will find a way. I have seen men with 40k income getting married and men of 500k and are still single.

Bride price is a load test, if you fail on that, how can you run a family? The weight of a family makes bride price a child's play. If you can't pay 500k bride price, it is pregnancy that you can support? CS is almost 300 to 400k in an average hospital. School fees, house rent etc.

Brother live bride price alone, when I retire, I will go back to my village and double the money that youngmen are to pay as bride price. Perhaps marriage is too cheap these days, that is why people are taking it for granted.
Re: Why Would A Bride Price Run Into 300k, 500k And Some Over A Million by donbachi(m): 9:06pm On May 26, 2021
Mbaise
Re: Why Would A Bride Price Run Into 300k, 500k And Some Over A Million by Xscape1993(m): 9:06pm On May 26, 2021
Daily4mative:
Seriously this is a bad one. But do you think if it is not tradition such would still hold?
Which tradition of money and slavery is that?
Re: Why Would A Bride Price Run Into 300k, 500k And Some Over A Million by Daily4mative: 9:11pm On May 26, 2021
I don't agree with you. You have not seen ladies from this region...when you do then you will know their worries. When you say marriage is too cheap and that is why people take it for granted I bet you have not seen people that still got divorced after marrying at high cost.
Taich:
I don't agree with your submission that high bride price is the reason why so many are unmarried. When two people are in love and wants to stay together forever, they will find a way. I have seen men with 40k income getting married and men of 500k and are still single.

Bride price is a load test, if you fail on that, how can you run a family? The weight of a family makes bride price a child's play. If you can't pay 500k bride price, it is pregnancy that you can support? CS is almost 300 to 400k in an average hospital. School fees, house rent etc.

Brother live bride price alone, when I retire, I will go back to my village and double the money that youngmen are to pay as bride price. Perhaps marriage is too cheap these days, that is why people are taking it for granted.
Re: Why Would A Bride Price Run Into 300k, 500k And Some Over A Million by temitope27(m): 11:46am On May 28, 2021
Am yet to marry, anyone available?

(1) (Reply)

Represent Your State / Ghana's 52nd Independence Celebration Dance / Eyo Festival Begins Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.