Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,965 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Should Pure Water Be Banned? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Should Pure Water Be Banned? (8946 Views)

Poll: Should It Be Banned?

Yes: 32% (30 votes)
No: 67% (62 votes)
This poll has ended

Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? / Bottled And Pure Water Machines And Production. / Pure Water Biz(Discuss) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Pure Water Be Banned? by hackney(m): 10:28am On Jul 21, 2011
The pure water should not be banned.

If the govt can provide more bins, recycle the sachets to make even more bins that will be swell.

Im sure the sachet plastics is responsible for blocking drainages across nigeria leading to floods.
Re: Should Pure Water Be Banned? by chines4(m): 10:47am On Jul 21, 2011
The only major issue with pure water, is the environmental issue. The issue of how pure is the pure water have to do with adulteration, even the bottled one is not fake proof. But if the government bans pure water(sachet water), It means that street will be filled with bottled water cans. and we will still have the same environmental issue.

Personally I believe that the government should be proactive in finding solution to this. In developed world ppl always dispose recyclable material different from others.

Anambra State government is working with the idea of buying back, used pure water sachets and bottled water cans from the public, this way they can be able to sell it to recycling plants. This will help make the environment clean and the public will comply knowing that there is equally an economic benefit attached to the used sachets and cans.

mama-gee:

Pure water? shocked shocked In the year 2011?

Who still drinks that? undecided

I use bottled water and pure water, But I normally buy from my friends factory, with good water treatment system and automated packaging system.
beside its the same water that fills the bottle water cans that equally fills the pure water sachets. The price diff. is due to cost of Packaging.
Beside my kids prefers it to bottled water, they can easily take one drink half and take another one, by the time I get home from work I will see about 6 pure water sachet half filled. And I have just two kids now.
Re: Should Pure Water Be Banned? by Nosyke(m): 11:34am On Jul 21, 2011
chines4:

The only major issue with pure water, is the environmental issue. The issue of how pure is the pure water have to do with adulteration, even the bottled one is not fake proof. But if the government bans pure water(sachet water), It means that street will be filled with bottled water cans. and we will still have the same environmental issue.

Personally I believe that the government should be proactive in finding solution to this. In developed world ppl always dispose recyclable material different from others.

Anambra State government is working with the idea of buying back, used pure water sachets and bottled water cans from the public, this way they can be able to sell it to recycling plants. This will help make the environment clean and the public will comply knowing that there is equally an economic benefit attached to the used sachets and cans.

I use bottled water and pure water, But I normally buy from my friends factory, with good water treatment system and automated packaging system.
beside its the same water that fills the bottle water cans that equally fills the pure water sachets. The price diff. is due to cost of Packaging.
Beside my kids prefers it to bottled water, they can easily take one drink half and take another one, by the time I get home from work I will see about 6 pure water sachet half filled. And I have just two kids now.

grin grin grin grin grin grin,
Eyaa kpele.
But on a serious note,a lot of people make their living from this business.This menace is not only peculiar to pure water, even sausage rolls like gala, canned drinks of all sorts.
Anambra State's idea should be bought by the private sector, all state governments and the FG.This will help reduce the menace of sachets littering everywhere.
Re: Should Pure Water Be Banned? by Nymphnode(m): 1:35pm On Jul 21, 2011
I've read everybody's comment on adaptation of bio degradable material yet nobody mentioned having seen one being used in water packaging, (2) Please on a curios note, is there any bio degradable company in Nigeria?
Re: Should Pure Water Be Banned? by chines4(m): 2:31pm On Jul 21, 2011
Nymph node:

I've read everybody's comment on adaptation of bio degradable material yet nobody mentioned having seen one being used in water packaging, (2) Please on a curios note, is there any bio degradable company in Nigeria?

My Brother I don't want to say much on that, but the truth is that the cost of producing biodegradable package material is far higher than that of polythene. May be the cost of pure water will be like N50 only per sachet
Re: Should Pure Water Be Banned? by Abanicwise(m): 2:53pm On Jul 21, 2011
@poster; your question should have read, 'should thousand of Nigerian be sacked and be relieved of their jobs? I can easily predict your answer anyway. There are always two sides to a coin, you know,and their is nothing with advantages without disavantages,but when d advantages are enormous,then consideratn should indeed be given. It will be unjust considering only d environmental menace without due consideration of economy importance of d satchet water. Not to exagerate,Tens of thousand of Nigerian earn there living from this industry, ranging from d producers down to street hawkers.However, going by your argument, on  poor production and littering, I think dis can easily be prevented and eventually curbed if  d appropriate authority charge with these various responsibilities are up to their task.
Re: Should Pure Water Be Banned? by Natasha2(f): 4:51pm On Jul 21, 2011
@no person, i love your comment it was hilarious though but very true
Re: Should Pure Water Be Banned? by femib26(m): 8:39pm On Jul 21, 2011
i tot its been banned since.
Re: Should Pure Water Be Banned? by Natasha2(f): 9:33pm On Jul 21, 2011
^lolz na you band am
Re: Should Pure Water Be Banned? by dubliu: 2:22pm On Jul 22, 2011
i think the issue there is this, it can never be banned but there should be a law binding the buyer and the seller

the buyer must not litter the environment ( if a buyer is in bus or car there sholud be a waste basket to dump such a thing)
and the seller must be watchfull if he/she found any form of sachet pack around he/she is meant to make his environment clean.

this is were employment came in, the KAI are meant to be discipline as they were called and effect this law of neatness.
Re: Should Pure Water Be Banned? by kabarka(m): 6:28pm On Jul 22, 2011
@ Natasha
nice work here.
The problem with sachet pure water littering cannot be solved by banning.
In Nigeria some people think of banning because we have just graduated from military to civilian.
Banning is a military tendency and it will never solve the problem of littering.
For me BANNING AND DESTRUCTION no matter how good intentioned CAN NEVER HELP OUR ECONOMY.

Having said that,the actual problem is waste management  and attitude of end users as can be confirm from this poll.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-418542.0.html
Re: Should Pure Water Be Banned? by kabarka(m): 6:40pm On Jul 22, 2011
dubliu:

it can never be banned but there should be a law binding the buyer and the seller

the buyer must not litter the environment ( if a buyer is in bus or car there sholud be a waste basket to dump such a thing)
and the seller must be watchfull if he/she found any form of sachet pack around he/she is meant to make his environment clean.

This is what made the city of calabar,what it is today.
it is possible in any city in Nigeria if we believe.
if the right policies and it IMPLEMENTATION is diligently carried out.
Re: Should Pure Water Be Banned? by Natasha2(f): 12:29am On Jul 23, 2011
^thanks Kabarka
Re: Should Pure Water Be Banned? by kabarka(m): 7:20am On Jul 23, 2011
All pure water companies pay as a form of tax  to ministry of environment annually.They are given basket and sticker as evidence of payment.
Now because there's inadequate monitoring which has always been the problem with NIGERIA,polythene bags are all over the places.

Look into any blocked drainage system,what do you see? Only pure water sachet?
If pure water should be banned then other consumables like bread,biscuit etc shld follow.

if you want to know more about PURE WATER BUSINESS,click below
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-418542.0.html
Re: Should Pure Water Be Banned? by PA1982(f): 11:23am On Jul 23, 2011
Just what is sachet water?
I mean to say, where does the water itself come from?
Re: Should Pure Water Be Banned? by Emmyk(m): 7:04pm On Jul 23, 2011
Yeah. My elder sister's the one conscious bout clean water,always drinking pure only. Guess what? She's down with Thyphoid recently, We, we drink the treated water from our well via pumping machine
Re: Should Pure Water Be Banned? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 24, 2011
Waste should be properly managed thru recycling.pure water satchet,nylon,plastic could be recycled.
Re: Should Pure Water Be Banned? by kabarka(m): 6:37pm On Jul 26, 2011
h
Re: Should Pure Water Be Banned? by kabarka(m): 6:44pm On Jul 26, 2011
Laalamed:

Waste should be properly managed thru recycling.pure water satchet,nylon,plastic could be recycled.

That's what we are talking about.
Re: Should Pure Water Be Banned? by Nobody: 1:31am On Aug 01, 2011
PURE WATER = TYPHOID/MALARIA

Majority are not well treated.

I think NAFDAC is not doing a good job, this pure water companies needs to be duly checked and scrutinized.

This is just another means of spreading malaria/typhoid to her citizens! f***k I'm also victim!
Re: Should Pure Water Be Banned? by OEBA: 1:28pm On Apr 18, 2012
go check out www.oebaltd.com they might be of help, they started me off in my recycling business
Re: Should Pure Water Be Banned? by seuncaxton: 1:56pm On Aug 14, 2012
Contact us for any type of bottles 2L, 1.5L, 75cl, 50cl, 35cl etc If you have a Customized mould we can as well blow your bottle . Contact info:Caxton Global Resources LTD No 26 Anuoluwapo Street NTABO bus/stop Ijoko Sango Ota
Phone: 08063887578,07030331415
Email: seuncaxton@yahoo.com
Re: Should Pure Water Be Banned? by markolini(m): 11:06am On Sep 25, 2012
madam wat happened to ur line?... 08060406641, call me, need to ask u sumtin

Natasha,,:
^lolz na you band am

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Convert Your Itunes Gift Card To Bitcoin Now!!! / Fiverr Level One Sellers Can Now Apply For Fiverr Revenue Card / China Offshore Oil Company To Invest $3bn In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.