Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,004 members, 7,849,058 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 02:00 PM

New COAS: Nigerians Carpet Buhari For Being Insensitive To Ethnic Tension - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New COAS: Nigerians Carpet Buhari For Being Insensitive To Ethnic Tension (724 Views)

Rising Ethnic Tension Between Hausa And Fulani By Farooq A. Kperogi / Tinubu, Obi Take Battle For 2023 To Ethnic Groups / Buhari Has Not Named Danjuma Alli Keffi As New COAS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New COAS: Nigerians Carpet Buhari For Being Insensitive To Ethnic Tension by Tokotaya: 6:56pm On May 27, 2021
Nigerians have taken to twitter to criticise President Muhammadu Buhari for naming another northerner as replacement for the late Chief of Army Staff, Lt. General Attahiru Ibrahim who died last Friday.

Many people who reacted to the news of the appointment of Major General Farouk Yahaya as the new COAS condemned President Buhari for continuing to demonstrate insensitivity to the yearnings of other ethnic groups in Nigeria.

Some said they were not surprised at the choice of the president having shown clearly since 2015 that he could not trust any other ethnic group with sensitive security positions in the country.

Source: https://microsecondnews.com/index.php/2021/05/27/new-coas-nigerians-carpet-buhari-for-being-insensitive-to-ethnic-tension/
Re: New COAS: Nigerians Carpet Buhari For Being Insensitive To Ethnic Tension by budaatum: 7:04pm On May 27, 2021
More on Major General Yahaya and im journey for di Army
Lieutenant 27th September 1990
Captain 27th September 1994
Major 27th September 1998.
Lieutenant Colonel 27th September 2003.
Colonel 27th September 2008
Brigadier General 27th September 2013
Major General 27th September 2017.

Appointments wey im hold include:

Platoon Commander 181 Mechanised Battalion.
Platoon Commander 82 Mechanised Battalion.
Company Second in Command 81 Battalion.
Aide de Camp to Kano State Administrator.
Company Second in Command 20 Battalion
Commanding Officer 7 Battalion.
General Staff Officer Grade 2 Army Headquarters Department of Training and Operations (Field Exercises).
Staff Officer Grade 2 (Administration) Headquarters Guards Brigade.
Staff Officer Grade 1 Headquarters Guards Brigade.
Garrison Commander, Guards Brigade.
Directing Staff, Armed Forces Command and Staff College.
Deputy Director Military Secretary 3, Department of Military Secretary (Army).
Deputy Director Military Secretary 2, Department of Military Secretary (Army).
Deputy Director Research and Development, Army Headquarters Department of Policy and Plans.
Chief of Staff, Headquarters, Operation Pulo Shield.
Deputy Military Secretary 1, Department of Military Secretary (Army).
Principal General Staff Officer to the Honourable Minister of Defence, Ministry of Defence.
Commander 4 Brigade Nigerian Army.
Commander 29 Task Force Brigade, Operation LAFIYA DOLE.
Director Manpower, Army Headquarters Department of Administration.
Military Secretary (Army), Department of Military Secretary (Army).
General Officer Commanding 1 Division Nigerian Army.
Theatre Commander, Operation LAFIYA DOLE.
Theatre Commander Operation HADIN KAI.
https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/tori-57272099
Re: New COAS: Nigerians Carpet Buhari For Being Insensitive To Ethnic Tension by Nobody: 7:28pm On May 27, 2021
As far I know.

Buhari has right to appoint anyone he wants.

By 2023 he will get out and another person takes over.

Afterall Obasanjo appointed Yorubas as IGP throughout his tenure....

All his IG's were Yorubas A-Z...

So buhari should do as he wishes.
Re: New COAS: Nigerians Carpet Buhari For Being Insensitive To Ethnic Tension by AlhajiNatty(m): 7:31pm On May 27, 2021
The Nigerian state inbalance posed by the pamphlet we call 1999 constitution.
Our problems are foundational. And the further we run away from the truth, the harder the journey to nationhood gets for all of us.
Re: New COAS: Nigerians Carpet Buhari For Being Insensitive To Ethnic Tension by hisgrace090: 7:47pm On May 27, 2021
Say what you like, once it favours his people buhari cares not.
Re: New COAS: Nigerians Carpet Buhari For Being Insensitive To Ethnic Tension by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:53pm On May 27, 2021
Juliusmalema:
As far I know.

Very true.
But same OBJ appointed Alex Ogomudia COAS, Aliyu Gusau NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Efcc, Diko customs.
Compare and contrast

4 Likes

Re: New COAS: Nigerians Carpet Buhari For Being Insensitive To Ethnic Tension by Nobody: 7:58pm On May 27, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

Very true.
But same OBJ appointed Alex Ogomudia COAS, Aliyu Gusau NSA, Nuhu Ribadu Efcc, Diko customs.
Compare and contrast

Who is the COAS unde Buhari now...U
irabor

Naval I guess Auwal ..so it is still distributed.

Ishiaka Oladayo Amao, Chief of Air Staff.

His IG all fulanis.

So what's the difference?

So far there is clearly no difference between buhari and Obasanjo pattern of appointments.

Both are tribalistic and ethnic bigot, there is nothing to contrast.
Re: New COAS: Nigerians Carpet Buhari For Being Insensitive To Ethnic Tension by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:03pm On May 27, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Who is the COAS unde Buhari now...U
irabor

Naval I guess Auwal ..so it is still distributed.

Ishiaka Oladayo Amao, Chief of Air Staff.

His IG all fulanis.

So what's the difference?

So far there is clearly no difference between buhari and Obasanjo pattern of appointments.

Both are tribalistic and ethnic bigot, there is nothing to contrast.

You sir, have missed it. I mentioned Efcc, customs, NSA and coas.
You mentioned CDs and CAS.
I hope you can see that the difference is clear now

1 Like

Re: New COAS: Nigerians Carpet Buhari For Being Insensitive To Ethnic Tension by Nobody: 8:07pm On May 27, 2021
Juliusmalema:
As far I know.

I completely agree with you here even as you're a nuisance most times.

Fact is that ethnocentric proclivities will never depart Nigerian leaders. It is in fact what is holding Nigeria back because the harsh reality of life is that fingers are not equal meaning that some leaders will always abuse position of authority to try and favour their own unfairly and at the detriment of other 'fast' Nigerians.

It is the reason that Northerners, the least progressive and least innovatively talented Nigerians in my opinion, control and dominate major Nigerian institutions and parastatals currently.

We either bravely and sacrificially push for total and sincere restructuring where every ethnic group, or amicably affiliated congregation of people, get to choose how they live or we keep doing the 4 to 8 year 'one Nigeria' election cycle where we can hope our own will get there and favour us.
Re: New COAS: Nigerians Carpet Buhari For Being Insensitive To Ethnic Tension by Nobody: 8:09pm On May 27, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

You sir, have missed it. I mentioned Efcc, customs, NSA and coas.
You mentioned CDs and CAS.
I hope you can see that the difference is clear now

The concentration was clearly on service chiefs and IGP.

What has really changed on custom and EFCC pattern of appointment because if we are truthful he is only following the trend other past presidents didn't usurp.

You have no case because both buhari and obasanjo exhibited same tendencies in appointing security chiefs.
Re: New COAS: Nigerians Carpet Buhari For Being Insensitive To Ethnic Tension by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:11pm On May 27, 2021
Juliusmalema:

The concentration was clearly on service chiefs and IGP.

What has really changed on custom and EFCC pattern of appointment because if we are truthful he is only following the trend other past presidents didn't usurp.

You have no case because both buhari and obasanjo exhibited same tendencies in appointing security chiefs.

The concentration has clearly been on the security apparatus.
No one complained during the time of OBJ because other vital security agencies had heads from different parts of the country unlike one who has made the first criterion to be northern Muslim.
Re: New COAS: Nigerians Carpet Buhari For Being Insensitive To Ethnic Tension by Nobody: 8:18pm On May 27, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

The concentration has clearly been on the security apparatus.
No one complained during the time of OBJ because other vital security agencies had heads from different parts of the country unlike one who has made the first criterion to be northern Muslim.

Musllim or no Muslim is totally irrelevant. The first factor there where were they drawn from during the life time of such presidents.

So looking at it both did same thing..

I do not know what you are driving out by constantly pointing at agencies and parastatals but the fact is clear and sacrosanct.

Obj is no different from what buhari is doing. He did same even worse so let's not go deep pls.
Re: New COAS: Nigerians Carpet Buhari For Being Insensitive To Ethnic Tension by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:21pm On May 27, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Musllim or no Muslim is totally irrelevant. The first factor there where were they drawn from during the life time of such presidents.

So looking at it both did same thing..

I do not know what you are driving out by constantly pointing at agencies and parastatals but the fact is clear and sacrosanct.

Obj is no different from what buhari is doing. He did same even worse so let's not go deep pls.

Northern Muslim is very relevant.
OBJ did nothing of such. He was very fair and balanced in his appointments to all segments of society.
Go deeper into the security apparatus and you'll find it true.
Re: New COAS: Nigerians Carpet Buhari For Being Insensitive To Ethnic Tension by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 27, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

Northern Muslim is very relevant.
OBJ did nothing of such. He was very fair and balanced in his appointments to all segments of society.
Go deeper into the security apparatus and you'll find it true.

What deeper can I go again to a man that appointed yorubas as his IGP throughout his tenure as president?

Deeper inn real sense is constantly calling agencies will lead to unravelling pure ethnic play by obj in same angle you are trying to shift.

Obj was never fair.
Re: New COAS: Nigerians Carpet Buhari For Being Insensitive To Ethnic Tension by Agbegbaorogboye: 9:31pm On May 27, 2021
Juliusmalema:

What deeper can I go again to a man that appointed yorubas as his IGP throughout his tenure as president?

Deeper inn real sense is constantly calling agencies will lead to unravelling pure ethnic play by obj in same angle you are trying to shift.

Obj was never fair.
Show me.
Unravel OBJ.
Prove me wrong.
I've already shown you that of Buhari. I purposely left out DSS because OBJ also chose his kinsmen which is very sensible given were Nigeria was as at 1999.
But for all others even intelligence agencies. OBJ was fair and balanced.
Prove me right
Re: New COAS: Nigerians Carpet Buhari For Being Insensitive To Ethnic Tension by fuckingAyaya(m): 9:32pm On May 27, 2021
Juliusmalema:
As far I know.

what about other government Parastatal ?guy ur brain need new oil

(1) (Reply)

NECO Registrar, Obioma Was Killed – Governor Ortom Continue Reading At Https:// / Arresting Kanu Without Arresting What Is Fueling Biafra, Is A Waste Of Time- Ume / Sunday Igboho; A Man Who Awakes The Giants In Southern Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.