Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,780 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Nasarawa Governor’s Aide, Chinese National Arrested Over Vandalism Of Railway - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nasarawa Governor’s Aide, Chinese National Arrested Over Vandalism Of Railway (29178 Views)

Nasarawa Governor, Sule Disowns Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore's Vigilante Group / EFCC Arrests Ex-Nasarawa Governor Al-Makura, Wife Over Corruption Allegations / Socio-cultural Group Endorsed Labaran Maku For Nasarawa Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nasarawa Governor’s Aide, Chinese National Arrested Over Vandalism Of Railway by dre11(m): 9:02pm On May 27, 2021
By Umar Muhammed

The Nasarawa State Command of the Nigeria Police Force said it has apprehended the Special Adviser on infrastructure to Governor Abdullahi Sule and Chinese national over the vandalism of railway tracks and slippers in Lafia and Keana local government areas of the state.

Also arrested were 66 suspected kidnappers and armed robbers, who “have been terrorising the citizen of the state and its environs”.

Parading the governor’s aide at the command headquarters on Thursday alongside other suspected kidnappers and armed robbers, the commissioner of Police, Mr. Bola Longe, said all the suspects were arrested through the command’s developed strategic anti-vandalism template.

According to the commissioner of police, Mr. Marta Thai, a Chinese national and the manager of Yong Xing steel company, Tunga Maje in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja (FCT), who is the “criminal receiver”, was also apprehended.

He said that a 48-year-old man, Nathaniel Oba, who is the principal partner, Nathoba and Co, a law chamber in Benin city and legal adviser to Yong Xing steel company Nigeria limited offered N600,000 to bribe the investigating team of the anti-kidnapping unit to secure the release of his client, was among the suspects who were apprehended.

The command said it also arrested two Police officers, a personnel of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps, and a former supervisory councilor in the state.

The police boss stated that the suspects had been in the business of buying and selling railway tracks and slippers from other suspected vandals, but luck ran out on them when the police command got informed of the criminal act and mobilized for their arrest.

“It is gratifying to note that this template paid off when police operatives swooped on the vandals at their theater of operation while vandalising and carting away railway tracks/slippers along Agyaragu Tofa in Lafia Local Government Area and Angwan Alago of Kadarko district in Keana Local Government Area.”

Confession

In an exclusive interview with our correspondent, the Governor’s aide said that he was not aware that the items sold to him were vandalised.

According to him, “I am a businessman and I am into general property.

“I have an agent that supplies things to me and I believed in him.”

“The agent who sold the items is dead.

“He died last month in an accident along Akwanga/Nasarawa Eggon road.

“It was the first time they brought the railway tracks and slippers to me.

“After buying, I sold it for 3.6 million naira,” he stated

The Police Commissioner also paraded 37 suspected kidnappers, eight robbery suspects, and 5 other suspects arrested for allegedly committing various offences.

Items recovered from the suspects included five firearms, six vehicles, three motorcycles, two live ammunition, and money amounting to N760, 000.

https://dailytrust.com/governors-aide-chinese-national-arrested-over-vandalism-of-railway-tracks

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nasarawa Governor’s Aide, Chinese National Arrested Over Vandalism Of Railway by Heal10: 9:08pm On May 27, 2021
A whole governor's aide? The level of rot in this country these days...

119 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nasarawa Governor’s Aide, Chinese National Arrested Over Vandalism Of Railway by Toosure70: 9:13pm On May 27, 2021
I know rhem

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa Governor’s Aide, Chinese National Arrested Over Vandalism Of Railway by IamFINESSE: 9:13pm On May 27, 2021
grin
Re: Nasarawa Governor’s Aide, Chinese National Arrested Over Vandalism Of Railway by careytommy37(m): 9:13pm On May 27, 2021
Surprise! Surprise!!
ndi-hardwork and ndi-saint, what a great collabo cheesy

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nasarawa Governor’s Aide, Chinese National Arrested Over Vandalism Of Railway by 4four(m): 9:13pm On May 27, 2021
shocked shocked shocked Even Chinese de involved

All this irons and steel companys in Nigeria are involved in this purchase of this thing. There is one near my house, which then said is the biggest in the whole west African, then they carry this rail iron enter there steady steady, but who am I to complain as a ordinary nigerian

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nasarawa Governor’s Aide, Chinese National Arrested Over Vandalism Of Railway by Patrioticman007(m): 9:13pm On May 27, 2021
It seems corruption would soon be legalized in this part of the world. List of criminals apprehened include:
Police
Civil defense
Lawyer
Chinese
Governors aid
Truly united we stand divided we fall.

30 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Governor’s Aide, Chinese National Arrested Over Vandalism Of Railway by PAWG(m): 9:13pm On May 27, 2021
The black man undecided

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nasarawa Governor’s Aide, Chinese National Arrested Over Vandalism Of Railway by akosy(m): 9:14pm On May 27, 2021
Nothing can satisfy the belly of a greedy man

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nasarawa Governor’s Aide, Chinese National Arrested Over Vandalism Of Railway by Nobody: 9:14pm On May 27, 2021
Nigeria matter don't tire me

2 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Governor’s Aide, Chinese National Arrested Over Vandalism Of Railway by triple996(m): 9:14pm On May 27, 2021
Nigerians are d problem of themselves,later now we go de blame buhari 4 everything. Imagine dis idiots now. Later na to de blame our leaders. All d way 4rm east d madness don de enter north small small
Meanwhile somewhere in aba grin...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nasarawa Governor’s Aide, Chinese National Arrested Over Vandalism Of Railway by Africkana23145: 9:14pm On May 27, 2021
Is he looking for money Why the vandalism ,a whole governor aide

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa Governor’s Aide, Chinese National Arrested Over Vandalism Of Railway by danielbello(m): 9:14pm On May 27, 2021
Uhmm.. Nothing good comes from Egbty

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nasarawa Governor’s Aide, Chinese National Arrested Over Vandalism Of Railway by wwwihy: 9:14pm On May 27, 2021
That aide must be IPOB member if lineage is probably traced

2 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Governor’s Aide, Chinese National Arrested Over Vandalism Of Railway by Kandeed: 9:14pm On May 27, 2021
If only I fit reason Kim Jong un weller I for holla him mai he roger me two Nuclear war head mai I just use am nuke this Nigeria once and for all..... maybe the generations coming will be much better

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nasarawa Governor’s Aide, Chinese National Arrested Over Vandalism Of Railway by Femijohn198: 9:14pm On May 27, 2021
The north are the major problems in Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Governor’s Aide, Chinese National Arrested Over Vandalism Of Railway by Kingpele(m): 9:15pm On May 27, 2021
Governor aide on infrastructure ,stealing public infrastructure with a foreigner ,and worst of it a Chinese that will never tried it in his own country ,now I believe that the crop of leaders we have in this country is worst than all the natural disasters in this world combined ,most especially the illiterates leaders in the north

6 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Governor’s Aide, Chinese National Arrested Over Vandalism Of Railway by Mblingz(m): 9:15pm On May 27, 2021
Nawa ooo

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa Governor’s Aide, Chinese National Arrested Over Vandalism Of Railway by MajorOvakporaye(f): 9:15pm On May 27, 2021
Na wa for Afonja and head slammers combination of governors' aides o! shocked

One has been jailed in faraway USA, now the other one don go plan with useless chinko people to destroy railway
Re: Nasarawa Governor’s Aide, Chinese National Arrested Over Vandalism Of Railway by willexyaho(m): 9:15pm On May 27, 2021
Ok
Re: Nasarawa Governor’s Aide, Chinese National Arrested Over Vandalism Of Railway by michlins(m): 9:15pm On May 27, 2021
Why follow someone to destroy your own country infrastructure built with loans from the country of the the foreigner

11 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Governor’s Aide, Chinese National Arrested Over Vandalism Of Railway by Whois(m): 9:15pm On May 27, 2021
Nigerians have this myself and my family mentality because one Nigeria is a big scam

2 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Governor’s Aide, Chinese National Arrested Over Vandalism Of Railway by sapientia(m): 9:16pm On May 27, 2021
The type of people governors appoint says a lot about them

They all learnt from shizin money sha
Re: Nasarawa Governor’s Aide, Chinese National Arrested Over Vandalism Of Railway by Golden057(m): 9:16pm On May 27, 2021
grin
Re: Nasarawa Governor’s Aide, Chinese National Arrested Over Vandalism Of Railway by tuoyoojo(m): 9:16pm On May 27, 2021
Imagine if this crime was committed in China. What would have been d punishment

5 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Governor’s Aide, Chinese National Arrested Over Vandalism Of Railway by aryzgreat: 9:16pm On May 27, 2021
Hmmm Another Governor's side after Ogun State Governor's side was arrested in USA for covid-19 scam.

APC keep appointing criminals as aides. SMH at corruption fighting party.

3 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Governor’s Aide, Chinese National Arrested Over Vandalism Of Railway by ceaser: 9:16pm On May 27, 2021
Chinese national.

Usually when power transformers are vandalised, it is easy for an expert to do than for a layman to do. So the suspicion goes first to NEPA officials and in 9 outta 10 cases, they are complicit.

After the affected community or street goes to NEPA office to lodge complaint of a vandalised or stolen transformer, the same NELA officials will tell them to contribute money in order to get supplied replacements. On the long run, it's the same vandalised equipments that belonged to that community that NEPA officials will sell to them a second time.

Now this by a Chinese national is some form of sabotage, and of course aided by a bastard Nigerian, and the governor's aide who is a Fulani who are mostly aliens.

When the government complains to the Chinese contractors to help replace the vandalised tracks, the same parts that were removed will be returned and the government will again be charged for zero supplies.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yahaya Bello: 'All Nigerians Are Asking Me To Run For President' / NLC: Buhari Now Captive Of Forces Of Subsidy Removal, Deregulation / Aisha Buhari Hosts Mufti Ismael Menk, Renowned Muslim Cleric And His Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.