Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,196 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July (8302 Views)

U-17 FIFA World Cup: Nigeria Vs Chile 5 - 1 / Adidas Officially Dumps Super Eagles Of Nigeria / Brazil Vs Chile - World Cup (3 - 2) On Penalties On 28th June 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by doncaster(m): 10:00pm On Jul 15, 2007
we lost be say we lost, why blaming them when them win reach this level na so so praise everybody dey shower. na football u win some u loose some. Its unfortunate we lost this one, chile is a very good side. some country n even go at all.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by Jen33(m): 10:01pm On Jul 15, 2007
What a sad ending. Our boys lacked a cutting edge. With that we would have finished off the Chileans in regular time.

But there's always two years time.  cool

Chile are a really good team it has to be said. I saw them destroy Portugal, and I knew they would be a very tough nut to crack.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by fromuk(m): 10:04pm On Jul 15, 2007
doncaster:

we lost be say we lost, why blaming them when them win reach this level na so so praise everybody dey shower. na football u win some u loose some. Its unfortunate we lost this one, chile is a very good side. some country n even go at all.

good talk my broda we nigerians sabi cast well well, we don loose no means say the boys na idiot, chile is a very good side and they played better than us.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by 9ja4eva: 10:04pm On Jul 15, 2007
biggpin:

4-0, its sad,
d boys lacked skill in 4rnt of goalll n dey wer selfish, d ref was unfair
welcome bak home boys, evn if dey won d game dey wudnt hav taken d trophy, d team sucks

Howard Webb is known to be a cheat in d premiership so i no dey shocked.

D truth is d boys didnt take deir chances and to Ideye Chelsea no dey buy selfish players so learn to dey play team game.I wonder y d coach didnt make d changes in regular time.Kofo, changed d game.See u in Nigeria.

Safe flight back ome
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by Jen33(m): 10:06pm On Jul 15, 2007
That FE team was just not good enough.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by Wilfem(m): 10:08pm On Jul 15, 2007
Quite sad that we lost by 4 goals to nothing at extra time. I'm only consoling myself with the fact that the Chileans played better than us and they deserved to win. (Perhaps that's why they won. grin)
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by Waxxy(m): 10:17pm On Jul 15, 2007
I agree that the Chileans were a better team, but the Nigerian side were not as bad as we are potraying them. I
They lacked a pin-point goalscorer which has always been Nigeria'a problem anyway

The first 2 Chilean goals were dodgy. the 3rd and 4th goals were due to the stupidity of our defenders. everybody went forward to score

We need to stop losing concentration once the opponents score, this is why we lost to Ghana in the london friendly

if we keep losing concentration like this, our football is history
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by superman(m): 10:24pm On Jul 15, 2007
i blame the man in charge for real!

he obviously underestimated the power of his team which course us dear.

if we had be passing our balls around rather than having a shot from  a long distance i can see that flying eagles break down that defence in turn a lot of good or half chances were wasted

but when they passed through the Chile defence we seemed to have a good chance of scoring!

now thats what cost us nevermind the defensive error !
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by simplyme3(f): 10:24pm On Jul 15, 2007
4 - 4

I trust the boysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Na wa o.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by Waxxy(m): 10:27pm On Jul 15, 2007
any sincere football enthusiast would cry for the nigeiran team, they didn't deserve the final score line, they were a strong side that lost formation in the last 15 minutes

This should be a warning for the senior team in the next African nations cup
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by superman(m): 10:28pm On Jul 15, 2007
simply_me

whose pic is that on ur profile
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by africanboy(m): 10:30pm On Jul 15, 2007
not that i am not patriotic, but i am relieved not to have had a tension like some of my folks here.

i am only interested in soccer is the players are animated and i control them with my keyboard
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by dazangel11(f): 10:33pm On Jul 15, 2007
From The bgining i knew they would fail. I was just waiting for the time.

Wat  a shame   Gambia would have beaten us with a very little goal margin

Now look at how these flying dolves disgraced Africa cry cry

Gambia would not have lost this way  cry
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by simplyme3(f): 10:33pm On Jul 15, 2007
superman:

simply_me

whose pic is that on your profile

what do u mean? its mine.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by 9ja4eva: 10:35pm On Jul 15, 2007
Waxxy:

any sincere football enthusiast would cry for the nigeiran team, they didn't deserve the final score line, they were a strong side that lost formation in the last 15 minutes

This should be a warning for the senior team in the next African nations cup

Simply because no formation for dem to follow in that game.I cnt bring myself out of d 4 - 0 loss
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by Waxxy(m): 10:37pm On Jul 15, 2007
@Nja,

I know ure pissed off but as a senior sports analyst on this forum, what do you think went wrong?
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by superman(m): 10:51pm On Jul 15, 2007
hmmm nice simply _me

good team like it or not

im not what u likin to a typical nigerian

always sceptic as always

wana see ppl like olufinja or wetin be im name now in our super eagles team in place of MIkle Obi!

now u wonder why our beloved country simply aint movin forward cus it due to ppl like you mister; does it mean Eguavon no get eyes when he was in charge of super eagles to see these boys or something

i just dnt get it! calllin on those aways fools to come back and take their place in the team.

i just dnt get it

good team though just need some tidin up
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by otokx(m): 11:06pm On Jul 15, 2007
Am surprised the boys made it this far.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by superman(m): 11:13pm On Jul 15, 2007
well in ur eyes!

ur words

good team needed some tidyin up still me!
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by sholatech(m): 11:31pm On Jul 15, 2007
The team is Okay.
I enjoyed their rhythm.
Just that they cant score!Lacked good finisher.
They really entertained me.
They would have won in the First Half.
Usual Nigerian Problem, they lacked Technical depth.
They have raw skills, They need good hands to add value to them.
Look out for the Brazillians that played in this championship.Im sure you dont know any of them because they couldt make any impact.
But mark my words, they will soon become superstars, Because they will become polished.
But what happens to Nigerian Players, maybe only 2 or 3 will ever make it to the top!
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by BayoMaya(m): 11:42pm On Jul 15, 2007
the match was anoying i swear if i was on that pitch, it wont take me 60secs after the goal to give the referee the punch of his life cuz the first goal was clearly offside and that lead to others whne the match is corrupted already.
but chile deserves the victory even without the oneside game, they were commited but nigerians will b nigeirians 4 life, always resting without a goal even 10 goals down
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jul 15, 2007
sorry to digress

@simply_me

is that really you even at the age stated

kai! i need to introduce you to some threads

back to topic

how sad

but the team of two years they were d bomb jiggy
i cried when they lost the final
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by simplyme3(f): 11:57pm On Jul 15, 2007
salsera:

sorry to digress

@simply_me

The problem with Nigerians is they are so stupid without knowing. What is your business with how I look?
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by naija4laif: 12:15am On Jul 16, 2007
salsera:

sorry to digress

@simply_me

back to topic

kia nairaland wont kill mi, lmao,
lol lol, too funny
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by tosinadeda: 2:04am On Jul 16, 2007
Cldnt help but cry,not because we lost ,but because we didnt deserve 2b beaten 4 nil.
The final score jst didnt show the real match.
Always knew our lack of strikers wld tell shortly.
The ref,my GOD what was he thinking
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by ellab(f): 5:57am On Jul 16, 2007
for christ sake,i hate dis team.theirs isnt as gud as mikels team.angry embarassed
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by babaluku: 7:09am On Jul 16, 2007
chile willl never cease to amaze me, they did it the previous world cup, now they did it again, kudos to all those ZAMORANO impersonators, they really did a very great job,
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by Everbright(f): 7:25am On Jul 16, 2007
It's a pity.
Thank God I went to bed straight,wanted to watch initially but was very tired.
I wasn't suprised when I learnt we were losing.

Sorry eagles cry
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by kingperson(m): 7:27am On Jul 16, 2007
hi people,we have to take heart 'cos of the unmerrited exir of our dear team,i have a point to raise here,PLEASE HOW CAN WE CONVEY THIS MASSAGE TO NFA,CAF and FIFA.LET ALL AFRICAN COUNTRIES PULL OUT FROM ANY FIFA ORGANIZED TOURNAMENT.why is that the white alwayz find find a way to push us out whenever they see that we are advancing,if you could recal the case of mikel set,mexico was given two penalties,here again the centre ref and stupid lines man allow two guys to score with offside.IF WE PULL OUT FIFA WILL NOW KNOW THAT WE ARE SERIOUS AND THIS IS THE ONLY TIME THEY WE WILL ADDRESS THIS ISSUE.AT THE BEGINING OF ANNY GAME THEY WILL SAY FAIR PLAY AND NO RACISM,IN THE END THEY WILL DEFINITELY FIND A WAY TO BRING THE RACISM.PLEASE I WILL BE THE HAPPIEST MAN IF WE WILL CONVEY THIS MASSAGE TO THIS THREE BODIES{NFA,CAF & FIFA} .FIFA IS NOT DOING ANYTHING TO HELP THIS MATTER BUT PLEASE LETS USE THIS TIME TO TELL THEM THAT WHAT THEY AE DOING IS WRONG,IF WE PULL OUT IT WILL NOT BE WORLD TOURNAMENT AGAIN.IS THE BEST THING FOR AFRICANS TO DO.THEN WE START OU OWN GAMES AND ENJOY IT TO THE FULLEST.

KINGPERSON

angry angryangry        sad sad sad sad
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by Nobody: 8:23am On Jul 16, 2007
so we lost because of racism? grin grin Chile beat us fair and square stop complaining! The first goal was fantastic, next time tell your defenders not to sleep on duty.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by FBS: 8:27am On Jul 16, 2007
What a nightmare, imagine staying up that late just too watch such a match, it made me sick. Personally, I think the coach lost the match. I mean it was clear that Bala and Brown Ideye dont just click together. he should have removed one of them earlier or to another position. You cant have 2 feeders in a match. You need one feeder and a finisher, All the same, much kudos the Ezenwa ( I mean the goalkeeper) he was amazing!! keep it up bro!
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July by FBS: 8:31am On Jul 16, 2007
I mean for real, you cannot compare this team to siasia/mikel team, those guys were super fantastic, as for pulling out of the fifa organized tournaments, I support that. It has little to do about yesterday's match but again, take a look at all other matches, FIFA is a ******** racial organization or should I say they are biased. very very very biased. lets play in Africa and organize our own world cups ( in that case, we can have 4-5 time world champions in Africa), How amazing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mikel Applies For British Citizenship / Cristiano Ronaldo Jumps 2.6 Meters High To Score Header In Juventus 2-1 Win (Ph / Sexy Female Appointed Coach Of Men's Football Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.